Kiri: The Anonymous Computer (botnet warning)

What does Holla Forums think of Kiri?
kickstarter.com/projects/562146716/kiri-the-anonymous-computer

‘Kiri’ translates to ‘Fog’ in Japanese; a place where you are able to be hidden but move around freely.

It is the Mini Computer that is designed to make all of your internet activity un-traceable and un-watchable. With this small computer you can perform your everyday tasks as well as creation/transfer of sensitive data without worrying about hackers or curious enterprises. When using Kiri, the feeling of freedom is truly unreal.

Since most of the magic happens on the software side of things, we decided to build an operating system that is as secure as possible while also being extremely easy to use. After looking at a variety of hardware solutions (including manufacturing our own) and with ease of use in mind, we finally chose the Raspberry Pi to bring our software to life. This is because it is powerful, portable and very effective in running Kiri OS. Here are the specs:

At Dyc Studio, we are a team of software engineers with a vision that the internet can be a safer place for everyone, not just those who are skilled enough to pull it off. We have also had help from a certain un-named ‘elite’ hacker who was able to hack in to our first prototype. With his help we are able to test how safe Kiri can be, and it has reached a stage where even an elite hacker cannot penetrate the system.

The operating system itself is based on Linux and uses Gnome Shell to provide an incredibly easy to use and familiar interface (for Mac OSX users). Although it is based on an existing operating system, Kiri OS is VERY far from being just Linux.

In fact we have built most software from scratch, meaning there is nobody, except the engineers, who is able to determine how our security software works. The whole system works as one to bring an experience that requires absolutely no knowledge of computers to use it. This is because everything happens automatically in the background. However Kiri Assistant™ will pop-up during your first few days of use just to give you some tips on staying anonymous

Security Features
Location&Identity Hidden
Virus/Scam Protection
TOR networking built in
Unwanted Survaillence Protection
VPN Servers Dedicated to Kiri OS Users
CLOSED SOURCE SOFTWARE

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/562146716/kiri-the-anonymous-computer/posts/1593970
securitysnakeoil.org/2016/06/02/kiri-is-nonsense-and-likely-stolen-code/
securitysnakeoil.org/2016/06/06/dyc-studio-posts-an-update-on-kiri/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Defnitely 100% botnet.

Seriously though. Security through obscurity isn't security.

So...it's a raspi with a shitty version of tails on it?
This is almost as dumb as that 512bit unhackable encryption thing that was on kickstarter a week ago

This. It's trash.

It's an RPi with Linux and some home-rolled, probably insecure, and possibly purposely compromised software that seeks to reinvent the wheel, but to make security and anonymity "easy".

They can have their brand and trademarks, but still release their code until a free software license. This is a common (perhaps even standard) practice in regard to security software. So they're either trying to cover up incompetence, or malice, or they just have no idea how these things are supposed to work, in which case they shouldn't be writing security software.

Take a guess you stupid faggot

this

i wouldn't be surprised if NSA is behind this or other similar projects. i would dedicate money to it if I were the NSA because it's relatively low cost and if it succeeds we have users who self-fund the development of the product they supposedly believe secure but is actually spying on them.

how many projects have we seen just like this where they create some supposedly super secure product like kiri "no thought required! use it and it just works! hehehehehehe"??

so users don't actually understand how to maintain, what situations where they are abusing the tor network and can be compromised, and they have their vpn dedicated to kiri users aka a dedicated server at utah data center.

operational security is the only security. if you don't understand how it works and when it doesn't, don't perform regular maintenance and can't maintain it, you're gonna be a fucko soon enough.

This might just be the most retarded rationalization for security through obscurity that I've ever heard.

you cant hack or nothin I got kiri

I bet it's littered with zero days.

Jesus christ, we've got our own version of trigger warnings now. This board is cancer.

Trash. They're baiting gullible normalfags with this or what?

Step back, goys, they have an 37337 H4X0R on the case.

It's a scam. Whether the authors realize they are perpetrating one is unclear, but it doesn't really matter.

The dev better off commit harakiri from this shit.

just boot up TAILS to ram disk m8.

so it's a closed source tails on a raspberry pi....

why the shit would anyone do this?

Wtf it's a raspberry pi with a built in Wi-Fi and preinstalled botnet gnome tails

No built in Wi-Fi, wifi is on every RPI 3 (with BT if i'm not wrong)

Lel, my sister is called Kiri

doxd

I think the devs are retards and I don't trust them with my security.

She's behind 7 proxies m8

Did... did they just brag about being closed-source OP?

More like Hara-kiri.

Closed source problems will be fixed, according to their planned updates.
kickstarter.com/projects/562146716/kiri-the-anonymous-computer/posts/1593970
"Closed Source GP2 License Issues

It has come to light that we will not be able to distribute our code as closed-source. Therefore we are announcing that Kiri OS will be open-source and made available to the public."

You know where it belongs.

So either all their stuff is modified versions of existing software or they don't know how the GPL works.

That would be pretty stupid since we all know normalfags don't give a shit about privacy since "they have nothing to hide".

from kickstarter

Which puts it balls deep into gnu.

What software did they even write? is it just some retarded little vpn client?

> Raspberry JUST Pi
I think I'm glad this shitty Kukstarter isn't on track to meet funding.

Top Kek.

offering free vpn servers, ether extremely kind for the better of the world or just jews again.. i mean nsa..

oy vey, so many red flags. Might as well call your system Stalin OS

It's been debunked:
securitysnakeoil.org/2016/06/02/kiri-is-nonsense-and-likely-stolen-code/
securitysnakeoil.org/2016/06/06/dyc-studio-posts-an-update-on-kiri/

Fucking sandnigger

Yes hello am real pakistani sfotware developper please give money for secure os is made of linux and closed source