Friday the 13th Thread

It's Friday the 13th, so why don't we have a thread about the murdering spree of Jason Voorhees?

Which one was your favourite of the movies and why? Do you think he will return to the big screen soon?

Also
What did he mean by this?

Is this because of the upcoming movie?

Actually my favourite frnachise besides the first one (Not a fan). I used to write fan fic about a guy named Dave Bautiststa fighting jason and how he was motivated by his moms death etc etc

Part VI: Jason Lives is undeniably the best one.

It was well written, shot and directed. It had this sort of Hammer Horror feel to it.

It was when the series kinda started to make fun of itself with all the sequels it had. Jason became a full fledged zombie and it brought the whole Tommy Jarvis saga to a close.

That was probably the best thing about it. Thom Matthews as Tommy Jarvis. Jason never really had a nemesis up until Part IV when Tommy (Played by a young Cory Feldman at the time) finally killed him. Michael Myers had Dr. Loomis and Freddy had Nancy and Chucky had Andy but Jason never really had someone who could best him up until that point.

Tommy was in Part V but he doesn't really do anything in it. In Part VI however, he's like Dr. Loomis from the Halloween movies. He seems half-crazed in his quest to stop Jason and you really want to see him succeed.

Slasher films are burger trash.

I'm sorry you have shit taste along with your subhuman ancestry burger. It must be a difficult burden to bear.

potato sack jason is the superior jason

maybe he shouldn't have brought jason back to life

The one in space obviously.

Wasn't the upcoming movie sent back to the drawing board after people found out it was going to be a cam movie? That is, it is done in a similar way to the blair witch project.

It could have been interesting if Paranormal Activity didn't exist and turn that style into utter shit.

I really like the 1st one where Mrs. Voorhees loses her shit. She comes off as a lot scarier than Jason, because she looks like a regular mom that you may bump into at the grocery store. The main girl immediately trusts her when she shows up and hopes she'll help and care for her. It goes to show how fucked up someone can be on the inside. A real world example would be John Wayne Gacy, Jr. He was a troop leader and well respected. It caused people to lower their guard around him and that's when he preyed on them.

I really loved part 6 where Tommy is an adult. Jason goes from being a crazed guy with insane endurance to a zombie, but at that point he had yet to turn into a goo zombie. The atmosphere of the movie was fantastic and the deaths were pretty interesting. It was pretty cheesy, but in an endearing way. There were no super humans. That is, there was very little plot armor to go around except for the finale with Tommy on the water.

My main issue with part 6 is that it started the path of undead Jason, which was taken too far in part 8 where he goes to Manhattan.

Part 5 was interesting in that it tried to break away from Jason. Unfortunately, it didn't move past the mask and the villain just didn't fit the series. I'd say Jason took over the series similar to Michael Myers.

Other than the plot called for it, he really could have picked a better night to cremate Jason. I understand why he did it. Tommy wanted to completely erase him and that meant turning Jason to ash.

On a separate note, is the new Friday the 13th movie a direct sequel to the last one or did Ash vs Jason vs Freddy still take place? I ask as the brother and sister met an unfortunate end in that one.

V/H/S did a found footage slasher in the woods segment. It sucked. Actually it might have sucked slightly less than the rest of the movie, but it still sucked.

Actually they're burger AND spaghetti trash since the genre was largely started in Italy and they did just as much of it.

Also don't forget Alice Cooper's cool theme song!

That's also a great episode (Jason X)

I agree. First, I didn't like it, but at the second watch, it was just so bad, that it turned out to be good. And the real Jason IS in it, not just the copycat killer - in Tommy's visions, there is the real one, just look ta the signs on his mask!

Every single one of these movies is fucking garbage.

Comic books were a mistake.

It's a good read, I recommend it

That's really cool, I didn't know he is in Mortal Kombat

He has some pretty solid moves too.

What a waste of dubs. Freddy v Jason v Ash was a surprisingly good comic. If that had been used for a movie it certainly would have been better than Freddy vs Jason.

It's a pretty mediocre franchise. Black Christmas is good.

That too!