I hate the new cartoon art

Clarence, we bare bears and Steven universe have the exact same animation style, and it's shit.

The corners of objects and characters are too soft and rounded and everything is soft and use simple geometric shapes.

Water is wet

Now that the series is over is really jarring to see the contrast of such beautiful artwork and simple designed characters.

Especially since Grunkle Stan is not so badly designed leads me to believe that there's a Mabel design I can actually masturbate too somewhere.

Its called season 1 Pacifica.

Welcome to Holla Forums, 4chan refugee! Please leave immediately and go back where you came from!

Kid, don't listen to Holla Forums, watch your stuff, enjoy your stuff.
Holla Forums is pretty much Cinemasins level of nitpicking.
So SU is propaganda, okay, do you like it. Ok.

Yeah user, eat the shit, you may like it.

In art the only thing that is shit is low effort.
pic related.
There's always a need to cut costs in tv.
We had the Hanna Barbera cycle backgrounds. The repeating plots in Looney Tunes and such.
Now its the character designs.
The only perfectly animated are those cinema shorts from the 40's and 50's and even then they had an incredible budget.

Every work of art without exception represents the creators points of view.
So I agree that the talent of hiding your agendas from your creations have gone worse and worse.

Modern shit is just lower in overall quality

At least modern designs have the excuse of "style"

Blame CalArts and how the cartoon/comic industry has been taken over by incestuous cliques.

How do CalArts fucks get jobs at these companies but not people like Harry Partridge?

Because Harry Partridge is a fucking white male.

They do have different styles, just not relied in the character designs but the enviroments.

If I wanted to look at static environments I would just go to the local museum to look at some paintings. It doesn't change the fact that all the characters are grinning potatoes.

what said, you can't pass it off as style when every fucking show barring Gumball looks as if it was made by the same people

They kinda were.

I don't know user, I really feel them very different from one another.
Noodle arms and potato head apart those shows have different enviroments, music, color pallete, characters, plots, direction, and inspirations.

SU has slimer outlines with no control on height or shape with pastel colors with a lot of filler colors.

GF has thicker outlines, bigger spectrum of colors leaning to warm, established character designs, more detail on the designs even if shaped the same.

R&M has primary colors in complex combinations, taller figures and more emphasis on continous animation.

If you would show me full body character templates I can tell you which one belongs to which show.

And I still prefer them over those shitty character designs of
Rugrats deformities.
Ed, Edd n Eddy's spaztic animation or that gross shit of Ren & Stimpy shit.
I thought they were ugly as a kid I still consider them ugly to look at.