My internet service provider just started an unlimited service plan and I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind...

My internet service provider just started an unlimited service plan and I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind it. I live in a town of 50,000 people, and the two competing ISPs are suddenlink and AT&T. Pre 2011 suddenlink's standard home service was 300Kb/s unlimited in my area. Then they changed their service to a tier system. I had 5Mb/s for 250Gb a month for the same price I was paying. I upgraded to the next tier, 10Mb/s for 350Gb, for 10 dollars more than what I was paying. Now, 5 years later, for only 10 dollars more, they offer 50Mb/s with unlimited data cap. I'm back to where I was, but with faster speeds. For 5 years I've been cursing the jews for giving me shitty internet. I'm wondering why they have spared me. Was it really because of better technology, as they say? Was it competition? Or was this whole 5 years just an elaborate scheme to get me to pay 20 dollars more for internet? Does anyone have any experience with Suddenlink?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/mztn2u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BANDWIDTH IS UNLIMITED

But goy, we have to limit the bandwidth so you only get the highest of quality bandwidth for your money. For a few more shekels we can guarantee unlimited high quality bandwidth. The price will only increase every couple months. Goy pls why you don't want to give me your shekels?

How much do you pay for the internet? In my third world country (Chile) I pay $48,18 dollars for rx/160 Mbps tx/8 Mbps with VTR (Liberty Global plc) with unlimited data cap.

It is quite expensive.

Seems expensive for Chileans but most Americans can get unlimited broadband for about 40 usd.

No, they can't. Especially if you're in one of those AT&T/Jewcast duopoly areas.

It's $60 in Stillwater, Oklahoma for 50Mb/s with unlimited data cap. They have a tier higher, 90 dollars for gigabyte/second speeds, but it's not in my area yet.

Really? I thought I had unlimited with Comcast for around $40 after taxes and kike fees. Might not have been unlimited I guess.

paying over $80 / m for [0.8 Mbit] (synchronous) here in ghana rural canada

Bandwidth is limited by how much money the ISP can afford to spare to upgrade the network when more users come around and to maintain its existing infrastructure.

The only limit that exists for bandwidth is how much can be served simultaneously, and that is not something that can be handled at all by "you can't use more than this amount in a month or we'll charge you more goyim".

France here
nigger I've got 190kbps down and 35kbps up and I pay 39euros per month

Maybe once the mudslimes allahu akbar a few more places and you cucks do nothing about the thousands they kill, your internet will go faster.

We got the 60 Mbps package and I regularly use 300GB+ and it still runs fine
Yes I know speedtest is bias

I understand your frustration,

However, my own frustration is undiminished

wew lad

well after some poking around. it seems suddenlink was acquired by some Dutch multimedia company Altice in mid 2015, which began a gigabit internet campaign with suddenlink.

so I guess what you're seeing is their plan coming into fruition. not sure if unlimited is part of this plan but fiber hasn't reached its bandwidth cap yet so companies can't really hide behind data caps for much longer.

$48,18 shekels

jews gonna jew

i gave up and tether with the cheapest plan that i can get. 128kbp/s, no cap, updating games takes a shitton of time tho

US ISPs are literally adding bullshit fees just because no one is stopping them. The administration fee on your cell phone bill? That is ONLY there to bring the company more money, like from ye olde hackre days, when yon phreaks would shave fractional cents from transactions and reap a king's ransom.

I didn't claim that at all

In Europe, unlimited data plans are the norm. I have my PC seeding all day a ~1MB/s all day long, I upload something like 100GB all day without worrying about anything.
For 40€/month, which in my shared flat, ends up meaning 8€/month.
Plus 2GB of mobile botnet for an extra 10€. And I know it's even cheaper in France. Why are telecommunications so expensive in the land of Freedom?

Note: download speed is 120Mb/s

|
|
|>
|
|

you all are LE faggots. take this survey

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

poal.me/mztn2u

Finngolia here. I don't even pay for proper internet, I just tether everything off my 16€/mo prepaid 3G mobile data plan. Speeds are ~9Mbps down, ~1Mbps up. Torrents and 720p video streams work just fine. I'm currently up to 132GB usage this month.

Gee... I wonder...

this is the power of fast

Limited bandwith? Datacap? Nigga pls. I get unlimited 100/10 without any data cap for 20€/month.

Unlimited plans are the norm here, for ~20e you can get 10/10 in most places and ~40e 100/10 or 100/100

Don't trust ISPs with connection or anything really.

You''ll get a "speed burst" which means, full speed for 2 seconds and then it's back down to kb/s.
cache servers are used (because their infrastructure is shit) in order to give you the illusion of fast speeds when in fact you're just downloading from the ISP's cache, bad for anything done in real time
I don't know how they do this, give me an unstable connection but not be detectable in the network stats, pure evil genius.
Connection stability is worse than dialup, at least that gives you a consistent slowness.
I want my old modem back, give me something that works properly damn you
get a slower internet package to reduce the price, then months later they send a letter saying they're raising the price(higher than previous) Dropped!

If it's marketed it's shit. Just get a business connection, they'll build a new wire to you house. Expensive but it's worth not having to go through THIS hassle.

Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered. Here's that spam you ordered.

Is bandwidth is limited why does my country where the average wage is 200 bucks per month have 1 gb/s fiber internet with unlimited bandwidth even in fucking rural areas? Face it, bandwidth limits are artificial and only there to make you pay more.

-t owner of an unlimited fiber connection (160-800mbps depending on time of day) for ~20 bucks

WTF!? I'd say you are being overcharged like hell. France sounds like a 3 world country. Is this over satellite?
Btw, Norwegian here with 50/50Mbps and no caps.

where you be at nigga?
do you seed anything?

That's some shit tier plans you got there. I get unlimited 100mbps for 20€/m. Datacaps aren't really a thing here.

This shithole really is dead