Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

What did he mean by this?

His moral high ground became permanent and thus he was unbeatable ever after.

Old Kenobi > Young Kenobi

He's an aged old hippy and they still believe their self-imposed virtues will somehow make them bulletproof and if that somehow fails then them getting killed will act like a curse on their murderer.

He became a ghost.

Nolan was always a hack

out you >>>/film/ pleb

Kenobi was old and couldn't defeat the Empire even if he tried. That's why never tried eventhough he was a match to Vader..
So he died in front of Luke to give himself a martyr status and inspire the young Jedi to evenge him.

And it worked. He was doing some advanced memetics.

The more you know.

He knew Vader would die eventually and as a force-ghost he would fuck him over and over.

Luke had no reason yet to personally hate Vader. Without this event, he easily could have fallen prey to the dark side in the service of being close to his father. Witnessing him killing his mentor stopped that.

However, it's always been my theory that they weren't sure at the time what they were going to do with him, the way he dies in that scene is garbage. The lightsaber hits him, and he turns into an empty cloak that falls to the ground. That happens to no one else in the entire series.

Yoda turns into an empty cloak when he dies. Or are you complaining about mooks and non-jedi leaving bodies? Because that's the point.

Likey movie answer: he'd inspire Luke as a martyr.
Kek answer: he ragequit.

It was probably very hard to make light saber cuts in 1977. Especially cutting a man in half. And if it was tried it would probably look retarded.
Just make him evaporate in a puff of smoke and it even contributes to the mystery.

All the lightsabre fights look like trash in the OT, like they're kids playing with sticks. Now, if you look at the kino that is the prequels you'll see that they had much better action scenes.

No reason they couldn't have filmed Alec Guinness falling to the ground. It was a stylistic choice. There's an idea in some forms of Buddhism that if a monk reaches a certain level of holiness, they leave no body behind when they die.

Well originally he was going to survive. Marcia Lucas had the idea to have him die during filming. I think the version you describe is the special edition. I think in the original, he gets cut in half and his top half floats for a second.

He was a good friend.

Not really. He was a good manipulator.

Bullshit. Every battle looked this stupid. People can scoff at the original fights but at least it looked like they had some weight to them. Nobody is dancing around with glo sticks.

hurrrrr

Fuck there is nothing sadder than someone trying to ironically like the prequels because they were universally loathed.

Do you also listen to indie bands with banjos and wax your mustache?

I like the prequels unironically and it has nothing to do with what RLM drones think or anyone else for that matter. I find it quite telling that you think everyone must base their opinions on social affirmation though because that's probably why you mindlessly try to dislike them. It's really sad that you pass on quality kinos because you think that it will make you fit in more.

You caught me. I think the movies were shit because I want to fit in and not because it dragged it's unwashed ballsack over the established story and turning fight scenes into a rave, or turned Jedi into something so powerful, that it makes secondary characters pointless.

It's good that you at least admit it.

We know.

They're both faking each other out, waiting for one to strike so they can counter-strike. The position of their lightsabers are what they're battling for.

So they're dancing around like a couple of fags waiting for the other to make a move and mess it up so they can snipe a victory? Thrilling stuff.

It's a battle for advantageous positioning, yes. A little more intellectual than your OT "kids playing dressup in the park" battles.

Thrilling like waiting ten minutes for the labored swings to connect like in the OT yes?

…are you retarded?

No but he is right.

Generally not a good idea with geriatrics.

No they're just dancing, it's similar to those kung fu asian films minus the ballerina flying.

Prequels confirmed kino.

protip: attacking while your opponent has his weapon behind his back is a good trick

Anakin was predicting that. It was a fake out. He was putting his saber and muscles into a position to absolutely destroy Obi-Wan if he went for the obvious attack. Obi-Wan read his bluff and readied for a counter-strike. Anakin realized this and didn't swing. This is high-level mind-games. Remember, the Jedi aren't just warriors. They are sages.

Here's a sage for you.

It must hurt getting BTFO by patricians over and over again. I accept your sage.

I am actually some other guy. I actually agree with you, the prequels are flawed kino, like rare gemstones polished by a retarded autist.

well from my point of view that didn't happen

THEN YOU ARE LOST!

I agree, real fights, with real men.

It's just modern kung-fu bullshit nowadays, the prequel no exception.

I liked how TFA combined the stiff awkwardness of the OT fights together with the fakeness of the PT fights

Seems like awfully cold weather for that kind of attire.

It could be around 0 degrees Celcius, in which that attire you could be warm enough even without strenuous exercice.

That whole fight was bullshit and has been constantly considered one of the worst fights in Star Wars.

It's been awhile since I gave a shit about the farce awakens, this is the evil one. right?

what's one that could, in theory, be considered worse

There isn't one. None of the fights in either the OT or the Prequel Trilogy are even close to the trash that Disney has produced in The Force Awakens and Rebels.

Hmm, I don't think there is a worse fight. Worse tactics may be the beginning of the clone wars where they were formation fighting. Otherwise, TFA takes the cake for shit.

did they make it bad on purpose as a contrast to their second fight, when kylie ren is uninjured and after rey sue finishes training luke?

The fucking fight between Vader and old obiwan sucked!

He had the ability to become a force ghost and guide luke from beyind the grave.
He helped Luke trust his feelings and blow up the death star less than a hour after he died

It was dramatic and served a purpose.

No, they were just spinning their lightsabers.

There's no situation where putting your lightsaber behind your back and away from your opponent is advantageous.

I play high-level Street Fighter. There are definitely situations where faking is advantageous. Sorry, chump. You lose this one.

The ability to persist and consciously manipulate the world beyond death.

They had him speak to Luke at the end of the movie.
It happens to Yoda.

I feel like the story dictated an evenly matched battle in an earlier draft of the script but they forgot to change it after establishing Kylo as ridiculously powerful from the very start of the movie. A character so powerful that even when in full MaRey Sue form it is laughable that he was even taking hits.

Going from eating shit in the desert to taking on a near-invincible foe in a remotely even duel, all in one movie no less, and without training from anyone or without some mcguffin of strength-giving is fucking retarded writing.

In all honesty the prequels are much better than the originals; I think it's just nostalgia or general plebbery that makes some people like the originals more.

Generally we can say the originals' audience and the redditor crowd are one and the same, while imageboard patricians by and large prefer the prequels.

He meant that his side is true and he is no longer afraid of death and will become one with the force showing the Light side is better than the Dark side.

>>>/gaschamber/

The Leia/Han romance > Padme/Anakin romance

Luke/Obi Wan relationship > Anakin/Obi Wan relationship

Luke > Anakin

It just ain't true. Because the Force Awakens is worse than the prequels doesn't change the fact that the prequels have character issues.

I kek'd

i really don't get it. you have kylo whoop finn, who shouldn't have lasted more than five seconds btw, without even batting so much as an eyelash. sure, he was wounded, but that clearly didn't have an effect, i mean he fucking hit his wound to increase his anger and overall strength, then starts chasing rey, who knows she can't do a fucking thing with a type of weapon she's never used before. it's only when ren says "muh force" that she magically gains the ability to kick his ass.

christ, i legitimately know i could shit better writing.

I suspect it was changed by the femidyke producer, and initially Luke showed up and fought off Kylo Ren.

fuck, that would have been far better than "muh mysterious luke who doesn't do jack shit while knowing what's going on"

He had learned how to Jedi-ghosting from Liam Neeson so he basically knew how to become immortal.

He could still advise Luke all while living in a cozy Jedi heaven, alongside his former master and all the most powerful Jedi who had learned this technique.

never ever must you acknowledge the existence of this piece of garbage