No wonder comics are going to shit

This guy is the kind of people DC/Marvel is hiring to make their comics now. Sex negative politically correct hipsters who don't know fucking anything about comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-objectification/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-Arkham-Origins/TPB-1?id=60576&readType=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

While I do agree that Harley has become a sex object, even if she was very suggestive since the begining, I don't see why is that a bad thing as long as she's still a good character.
A good character……. yeah, that faggot's right for once.

Being a sex object isn't a bad thing though. Hell if anything, she's a worse written character now a days because of idiot hipsters like this.

She's a worse character now because incompetents only know her as two things: sexy and wacky. Thus she went from what you see in BTAS, to what you see in Suicide Squad.

She went from a supervillain sidekick, to a lolsorandumb bimbo slut with a dashing of grrl power.

She's less sexy now than she was in the cartoon, unless you have the inexplicable sexual preferences of a hipster.

When you're a straight dude or a lesbian, don't women and female characters become sexualized to you, seeing how you're sexually attracted to women?

Yeah, but look at that, tatoos, double dye, serious face (Although I think that has an explanation) and showing her tits like that (That can't have a good explanation).
Who sane man would like eurotrash.

I can't believe it. I honestly can't believe they would take such a pure and chaste character and turn her into a sex object. She's shit now, but it's not because she's some kind of sex object. She's shit because people stopped writing her as a 1940s gangster's moll and started writing her as a LOLSORANDOMXD antihero who don't need no puddin'.

The dumbass hasn't even taken the biggest factor for why Harley Quinn wasn't like that in the BTAS.

It was a fucking cartoon aimed at a young (child) audience*, whose content has to be "mostly" appropriate for that audience. (But of course there still was some "sexiness" to the character like shows).

While Sucide Squad is PG-13(?), that's the fucking difference.

If Harley was created for the comics instead she probably would have ended up closer to the SS version from the start.

* But not forbidding an older audience from watching it either.

They've been gone a long time.

Totally! Why check out how Harley "The Nun" Quinn behaves in Attack on Arkham.

Why would they have sex.
I mean, I know she's fed up with the joker but they have zero chemistry.
I like how he lampshades that but still, I don't know why the creators would come to that conclusion.

They do really need to lower the detail a tad bit and up the animation.

Charge your fuckin battery, dawg.

He's a darkie. That's all the "reason" the kikes in charge need.

Deadshot's white, Will Smith notwithstanding

Harley was always meant to be sexy. Bruce Timm and Paul Dini talked about how they'd depict her and Ivy in their underwear in the Harley and Ivy episode, or as much in their underwear as they were allowed to get away with. Then they did it again in Holiday Knights.

Well, he's right. Obviously, a gymnast with implied lesbianism in a skintight suit has a sex appeal, but as said, it's because now she's just a female Joker who dresses like a hooker. Now, I don't mind costumes like the Arkham ones or her solo book, but it's not great. And her characterisation has been all over since before the New 52.

The image shown actually illustrates that really well, you've got a lelsorandumb hipster/junkie looking chick with big tits stripping in front of a load of soldiers, and she's got "Lucky You" tattooed above her vagina, nothing like the original Harley.

Not really. He never said any of what you said. All he said was that he finds it 'sad and disappointing' because she's 'become' a 'sex object', which she always was. It's again demonstrating these people know fuck all about the stuff they criticise.

she's been one for fucking years.
Before even the Arkham games.
And what's wrong with being a sex object?

story progression. At this point she hates the Joker for being an abuisve bf and now is on her own.

Sargons law in full effect
they are always such fucking hypocrites

It is only sexism if it is on famous capeshit.

You know.. None of us would give them shit if they were just honest with themselves. Just say you like big fat tits and barely-clothed women. We don't fucking care.

But if you've got to slink onto twitter with your dick tucked in your ass so you can tell us how problematic it is that other people like sexy women, you deserve to be raked across the coals.

I can't believe any faggot could find themselves paying lip service to the feminist hatemob and then look at fucking nobodies like us and spit in our faces for being problematic shitlord misogynerds

This guy is a fucking moron.

Google image search "bruce timm harley quinn"

It's like a sea of sexy poses, butt shots, spread legs.

THE CO CREATOR MADE THESE.

Fuck I hate these virtue signaling fucks

Bruce Timm created Harley with the intent that she'd be a giggling, pin-up girl villaness. The idea that she was ever not a sex symbol is nothing short of historical revision.

Or, lemme guess.. Just like those faggots at Cracked insisting that Animaniacs is a feminist masterpiece, all these scenes where she's acting sexy are just EMPOWERMENT

Sorry, what?

Are we talking about the same show with Hellooo Nurse?

Also, checked

That last page was a little more daring than it turned out to be.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-objectification/

Objectification is a notion central to feminist theory. It can be roughly defined as the seeing and/or treating a person, usually a woman, as an object. In this entry, the focus is primarily on sexual objectification, objectification occurring in the sexual realm. Martha Nussbaum (1995, 257) has identified seven features that are involved in the idea of treating a person as an object:

1. instrumentality: the treatment of a person as a tool for the objectifier's purposes;
2. denial of autonomy: the treatment of a person as lacking in autonomy and self-determination;
3. inertness: the treatment of a person as lacking in agency, and perhaps also in activity;
4. fungibility: the treatment of a person as interchangeable with other objects;
5. violability: the treatment of a person as lacking in boundary-integrity;
6. ownership: the treatment of a person as something that is owned by another (can be bought or sold);
7. denial of subjectivity: the treatment of a person as something whose experiences and feelings (if any) need not be taken into account.

Rae Langton (2009, 228–229) has added three more features to Nussbaum's list:

8. reduction to body: the treatment of a person as identified with their body, or body parts;
9. reduction to appearance: the treatment of a person primarily in terms of how they look, or how they appear to the senses;
10. silencing: the treatment of a person as if they are silent, lacking the capacity to speak.
[…]
7. Conclusion
Undoubtedly, objectification is a concept difficult to define, as Nussbaum also acknowledges, since it turns out to be ‘slippery’ and ‘multiple’ (Nussbaum 1995, 251). How to best to define objectification, if we can define it at all, and whether this notion should be restricted to describe the morally objectionable, or expanded to cover benign and/or positive aspects of the way we see and treat each other in our daily lives is an ongoing debate. Much recent feminist work has been devoted to comprehensive philosophical analyses of objectification, which will hopefully lead to more complete and coherent understandings of this notion.

I'm not about to link them, but one of their After Hours videos, where the pretentious hipsters over-analyze old cartoons and movies in a way that would make the Game Theory guy cringe, had them insisting that Animaniacs was super progressive because Hello Nurse was actually smart and the Hippos were body positive.

I'm not fucking joking.

To translate this shit, "everything is sexist, kill yourself male pissbaby".

It reminds me of an article way back that insisted Pinky and the Brain were a gay couple and that them doing 'The same thing we do every night' was a euphemism for their sex play. They also read a lot into that episode where Pinky and Brain accidentally create a 'child' that shares half of each of their DNA

I think Maurice LaMarche actually read the article and called it 'interesting'

Zanatos looks Whiter and he's dark even by fucking Greek standards.

You're comparing different shows and different animation styles.

To be fair, the same thing happened to the Joker himself.
He stopped being the mix of Groucho Marx and Al Capone and started being a Mass murderer some time in the eighties

He didn't really kill that many people in the 80s, non-canon Dark Knight Returns notwithstanding.

I think it was around the 2000s that he really started knocking people off.

No, it was the 90's, when they started making shit like "The Killing Joke" canon.

The "mix of Groucho Marx and Al Capone" is a bad way to describe Golden Age Joker. A better term is to describe him as a gimmick villain who's theme was jokes. That's not even meant to dismiss it. It's literally what the character is an no amount of "crazy" will ever cover-up that fact.

The reason The Joker became Batman's #1 villain isn't because he's scary or an opposite of Batman. It's because his gimmick is so fucking versatile that you can easily write a bazillion stories with him.

As for Harley, she was always a shit character who acted as comic relief to a villain that didn't need comic relief. Getting butt-mad over her becoming a "sex object" is getting mad over the only reason she was carried over from the animated series and continues to be published.

With the almost the same character design.

Here's another webm that better illustrates my point.

Are you by chance an Argentine?

It was always canon. He also didn't mass murder people in that story, which people seem to forget because of the crippling. He only actually killed one person, the theme park owner

So you're admitting that Deadshot could be Mediterranean.

He seems like a nice guy.
And I like his stuff when he stays on math.
Just don't let him step into plot.
>That whole DNA and heritage thing to prove Rosalina was Luigi's daughter when the last 3 minutes were more than enough, when he said it'd be his daughter even when he just proved that it was in a part universe and using a French version leftover to prove he's right instead that it was a leftover from a scraped idea.

I liked his "50 shades of Gray" video though.
It actually made there movie more enjoyable.

I always hate Harley as a whore for anyone other than Joker. She can be sexy but just not a flat out slut.

Think with you head and not your penis.

Is this post serious?

Yeah apparently hispanic counts as white now.
If you ever have to get a background check done for work, it asks you for race and your options are:

It's fucking retarded, where's the anglo saxon option so I don't have to be lumped into the same category as illegal taco-americans.

More people have seen this scene than the movie itself.

At least if they were going to have her break off from Joker, they could've made it funny or have her trying to be a big name villain on her own and failing miserably before going back. Instead, they do slice of life bullshit with occasional villainy.

What?

Yeah aparently the french version of Super Mario Galaxy has a dialog that is more specific about the relationship between Rosalina and Luigi.
But just that one translation.
The thing is that he uses an outliner as proof.
Even if we imply he's right that just proves that at some point Nintendo may have considered that idea, not that is canon.

What does the dialog say, exactly?

I prefer the scene where Killer Frost gets literally wrecked by Bane. You just know she's someones waifu, so seeing her explode must have hit someone deep.

I loved the fight in the evidence room and

The ending, Fuck you Waller. Ya fat fucking monstrosity.

Oh and not going to lie, Captain Boomerang was fucking fun throughout the whole shebang.

So were these two in lesbians with each other? I was never clear on that.

Oh yes. Dini and Timm intended that.

"Busy as Beavers" indeed.

Yes But Poison Ivy was just as much an abusive bitch who only really loved her plants.

The movie was pretty comfy compared to other DC Animated Movies.
Not nearly as enjoyable as "Two earths" or Doomsday but yet comfy.

I'd say she goes both but, plants will always be higher than anyone else.

IIRC both Doomsday and Two Earths had still the DCAU momentum so is understandable.

Assault on Arkham is based in one of the first two Arkham games so also that's understandable.

Gods and monsters was fairly simple and Timm was there to balance all the SJW.

Killing Joke is simple and short enough to not fuck it up. Timm will balance things again and the designs are Timm simplistic but with realistic proportions so the animation might be a lot better than in the trailer.
So I think will be good.

The actual line was 'Busy as bees'. BS&P wouldn't allow the beavers line. Too suggestive.

Of course years later they actually had Roxy Rocket have an orgasm. How they got away with that episode I'll never know.

She spent pretty much most of the episode trying to get back with The Joker.

If there's any lesbian feeling between the two of them, it's on Ivy's part and it's mostly unrequited.

Huh, Hated Doomsday. Well not really, the Commentary was top-notch. Frontier was amazing, I would KILL. Literally kill of the Commentary for Under the Red Hood Film.

Ironically, I hated Arkham Origins but they released this little "Choose Your Own Adventure thing to go with the game," and I…enjoyed it.

So much.

Have a Link: readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-Arkham-Origins/TPB-1?id=60576&readType=0

One page option, it's help a lot.

That whole episode was…dirty.

All three of them were shit. Doomsday was 'meh'. Two Earths has earned my hatred because it was meant to be a DCAU feature until the suits decided to make it what it was and replace all the DCAU actors with celebrities (yes, James Woods was good. He was the only one). Assault on Arkham is pretty shit and the Live Action remake will probably be even worse.

Harley & Ivy or The Ultimate Thrill (Roxy Rocket)?

Cause it don't get dirtier than a girl who likes nothing more than to have a big 'ol rocket strapped between her legs

Ultimate Thrill, definitely that.

He's damn annoying, that's what he is.
Not to mention his theories are always fucking retarded anyway.

They light into him at all? That's pretty fucking stupid.

That wasn't the Undertale creator, that was the FNAF creator

So basically:
Treating someone this way - Objectification
Just occasionally (or all the time) having fantasies wherein you treat someone this way - Not objectification.

Well, that's ultimately a reasonable stance, isn't it?

Harley was always meant to be sexy. The guy doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about.

That is to say, old Harley had way more personality and character to it than the modern Harley that just apes Deadpool.

webm that shit

Not to mention the design change.

Look at them, side-by-side

Oh, right.
The Undertale creator just got flamed by his retarded fans when he rejected the 'Sans is Ness' theory, until he caved into the pressure and was like 'yeah it's true i guess'

Sorry, got my cancerous fanbases mixed up.

Wasn't she just Dini and Timm's waifu that was never supposed to be anything more than their own little spin on the joker?

The idea behind her was to have someone to do things they came up with that would be too bizarre for the Joker to do (jumping out of cake and whatnot). They based her personality off a friend they had who played a Harlequin jester in a play or something along those lines.

Truly "superior intellect", Penguin.

She was originally just a henchgirl. Dini basically thought, 'What if one of Joker's goons was a woman?' and it snowballed from there.

The 'friend' was Arleen Sorkin, who plays Harley and the 'play' was Days of Our Lives.

You could've at least posted the scene

Why is it all DC animated movies after flashpoint paradox are either boring and average or just awful and nearly unwatchable? I just watched bad blood and it is without a doubt the worst yet. Everyone is just so unlikable and whine. Numerous other problems made it seem like they just don't care anymore. Only Gods and Monsters was good and that doesn't give me hope for Killing Joke.

Well, I'd argue they weren't all that great before Flashpoint paradox either, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say they're worse now because DC proper got their paws all over them and made Warners make New52 shit almost exclusively.

Gods and Monsters was good because nobody tells Bruce Timm what to do.

They weren't all great before but they were a lot better than what was being put out now.

Because flashpoint paradox.
It was a nail in the coffin for the comics, why not for the animated features as well.

I love how this fag is using a screencap of split second scene of Harley changing into her outfit, anyone who's seen the trailer knows that the joke is "Wow this psycho bitch is kinda hot".

But fuck context we gotta whine and moan about our hurt fee fees!

Also I love how feminists praise Harley when she's a crazy bitch who's stuck in an abusive relationship with a mass murdering psychopath.

Like spielberg and his group of furfags who were obsessed with the slutty skunk or fucking that possum, I don't what the fuck she was.

Harley quinn was originally an antimuslim?

You can see her silhouette better in the final one.

Harley is a strong character but not a strong person. This cannot ever exist under feminism.

This to me is the only reasonable explanation for the change. After all, it's not like you can actually see up Harley's dress.

to be fair, the burrito munchers aren't like the injuns

whereas our english and french ancestors were merciful enough to let the redskins live on our new land, the spaniards and portuguese slaughtered their natives like no tomorrow and all the ones that were left were basically bred with the superior spaniards

they did something like that a couple times

my personal favorite is how she ended up doing the joker's plan and almost succeeding, but because she had to explain the joke he came in and scrapped it

kek, the men are becoming more fuckable than the women

pretty sure she was a Mink

Well, seeing as her name was Minerva Mink, I'd say that was a pretty good guess.

remember when comics used to be fun?

Get outta here 90's fag.

Hello, Gatling Marx

Remind me why it's okay what you did but when others do it it isn't?

oh, mind reminding me why it was okay for us to wipe out the neanderthals?

We didn't. They started dying out because of a lack of genetic diversity and other factors, and assimilated into our groups that began moving into Europe, to account for the 1-2% of our DNA that is Neanderthal.

like us wiping them out

No faggot. Superman at Earth's End wasn't fun.

Nothing bad can be fun when you charge money for it. That's like paying for Gone Home or the CTR+ALT+DELETE box set. You're rewarding awfulness. We can enjoy it freely now thanks to the interwebs, but 90's kids had to pay $5 for this poorly written garbage.

which episode's the gif from?

I got some time, what are some DCAU movies worth watching?

The only good thing to come out of Superman: At Earth's End is this fanart.

Now that is a gun for Superman.

Is it so hard to draw a swastica right?

She deserves a gold star

Holiday Knights. It's the first episode of TNBA

Mask of the Phantasm
Return of the Joker
Subzero

That's it. Don't watch Mystery of the Batwoman, it's terrible.

Thanks

All batman

Coincidence?

They only made Batman DCAU DTVs. I mean, there is Superman Braniac Attacks but no one who worked on Superman: The Animated Series worked on it and it was so terrible that they back-pedalled on it and claimed that it wasn't DCAU canon, despite using Timm's art style. They also planned to do a Justice League DTV but it got shelved and eventually got made as Crisis on Two Earths, much to the annoyance of DCAU fans.

Oh you're right

Are any of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies worth watching?

I really like Gotham Knight. It's by far the best animated of all the original movies and it's a nice little celebration of Batman. I particularly like Deadshot from Gotham Knight

New Frontier was pretty good. The Wonder Woman movie wasn't bad, although I didn't like their Ares design. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies was pretty good, although the sequel, Apocalypse, wasn't so good. I think Gods and Monsters is the latest to come out of that line that's any good, they've been terrible most recently.

Seriously? Did his spine turn to jello or something?

How anybody can think a massive anti gun PSA one shot is fun is beyond me.

But to each his own.

That fanart still looks like shit.

If it's an Anti-Gun PSA then it's a poor one. Superman just fucking used a big gun to mow down his enemies.

>Superman just walking into a fire to kill himself at the end

What are you talking about? Superman at Earth's End was quite possibly the funniest comic they ever published.

But would you pay money for it?

I actually bought a copy a few weeks ago.

I remember Crisis on Two Earths being pretty good. Same with Superman/Batman Apocalypse although they made superman and batman look like they're mexican or something for no reason

on top of those I think The Dark Knight Returns is good. one of the best batman stories

same way you'd pay money for the room or birdemic

Oh man, somebody needs to storytime this schlock. This looks like Batman: Odyssey levels of crazy.

And that's the fucking problem! It's an anti gun/war comic yet Superman runs around using a gun to fight the bad guys and then he dies not by the way of a gun but but sacrificing himself and yet the comic treats it like he died because of guns!

The Room or Birdemic are hilariously bad. This is just vomit inducingly bad.

Here you go.

I have no idea how you could miss the heavy handed dialogue that explained why he had to use a gun to kill the two Hitlers. I'm assuming you never actually read it.

Uh, while a lot of his videos are really stupid, you do have to keep in mind that a lot of those "theories" are often work on premise of applying real world science, so yea, basically he has to ignore things like that.

If he didn't, then the hookshot from Zelda video would just be five seconds long.

Harley is too close to Darla, Lex Luthor's girlfriend/henchwoman from the Superboy TV show, for me to believe it's coincidental. That show was airing as Batman TAS was being written and the weird relationship dynamic is almost exactly the same.

Yeah… All of this is very true and very wise and oh so great and hiuge. But how does this pertains to Harley Quinn, a fucking FICTIONAL CHARACTER?

Don't try to defend him, faggot.
The reason he's gay is because he tries to apply shit-tier real world junk science (deciding someone's the child of someone else just because they're both left-handed and have connected earlobes is a load of crap no matter what) into a fictional fucking world, and then he gets asshurt when people say he's wrong and goes 'B-B-B-B-BUT IT'S JUST A THEORY'

sure they did

Going just by the trailer, I'd say it goes further than that. It's the intro of the characters to the army group (at least the bulk of the people there).

And she plays it as if she is innocent and doesn't know what she's doing, while distracting and teasing them while acting as if she merely lacked awareness of social norms. It's a manipulative psychologist manipulating people and throwing them off their game.

Not that the movie looks great, but what she's doing there makes sense for the character. No different than overtly flirting with the Batman.

What part of horribly tacked on anti gun message do you not understand user?