use Mumble

cypherpunks.it
draugr.de

xmpp.is is my preferred choice.

Duckduckgo has one

dukgo.com

xmpp is dead user

ricochet.im/
Anonymous IM that doesnt keep metadata. It uses tor.

Telegram

I host my own.
wlrs.co

[email protected]/* */ is my JID. :)

riseup

calyxinstitute.org/node/110

Bump for great justice. This is the best network I've seen so far.

IRL

Run your own. Use afraid.org if you want an uncucked hostname to go with it

neko.im

$ firejail --private=~/.ricochet-ID-normie --private-tmp --private-dev --shell=none ~/ricochet
$ firejail --private=~/.ricochet-ID-isis --private-tmp --private-dev --shell=none ~/ricochet

Goodbye - for good

xmpp is bloat, use irc. you're a gigantic faggot if you unironically use anything else.

which version of IRC? :^)

I'm a big fan of IRC since I realised that I only ever use IM over Bitlbee, so it added no value for me.

You should use the standardised IRCv3 version ( ircv3.net/ ). Charybdis is the reference server, and Anope the reference services implementation. But any equivalent software that complies with IRCv3 specs (as close as you can get to v3.2) and RFCs 2810-2813 would do. That's the whole point of standards.

Serve only TLS. No plaintext please.

I would have loved some kind of group chat feature in Ricochet. But as far as I know, this is technically infeasible in a peer-to-peer design. The best you can do is run an IRC server on a SBC connecting to someone else's Wifi miles away from your home.

it just works in Tox

Yes, but having reviewed it I don't trust Tox's cryptography. I trust the basic NaCl building blocks, but not the protocol they built on top of it (I think they should have just used CurveCP). When people invent their own crypto protocol, alarm bells go off in my head.

Yeah that part's a clusterfuck, they need to fix it. My main point is it works, there's no reason Ricochet can't have the same.

cock.li has an XMPP account automatically created for every email account

It's always been that way.

Does is come with any free goonbux?

This "vc is a goon who wants to destroy the white race" meme is my favorite meme

Vincent Cuckfield detected