Grim dark Wacky Races

what the fuck?
holy shit

I wouldn't mind a more mature (for a lack of a better term) Wacky Races in contrast to the originals pure childishness. Something focused more towards 15-20 year olds. Maybe even a Steel Ball Run lite with less blood and more cartoony fun. Hell, you could still have some sort of episodic plot to stop everyone else by the bad guy, as long as you keep building up several plot threads along the way.

Thanks for the thread OP, you're giving me some good comic ideas to pursue.

Also - storytime when?

Ahh, what the heck. Give me a moment and I'll storytime it myself so user's can judge.

Why don't you just make a Death Race comic then?
Americans always try to make kid's stuff more "adult" and end up generating the opposite effect.

It just trying to take advantage of licensing and maybe a bit of the kitchen sink effect. Why just make a death race comic when we can make a death race comic and attach hanna-barbera's wacky racer's name recognition to it?

Low quality threads should warrant a death penalty, tbh.

THIS ISANT THE KIND OF GRIMDARK WACKY RACES I WANTED

Missed a page

End of the main comic; next will be the bonus comic.

First page is the last one; ordering came out shit.

MadMax

So they're making an edgy grimdark "mature" version of Wacky Races but they can't even give it an M rating? LOL

Besides
There's literally nothing that stands out. A comic chock full of bland.

You know this is literally less interesting because whacky races was whacky and fun and had different cars.

that's not wacky

Wait, these are actually supposed to be them? What the fuck happened to their wardrobe? This is worse than that Scooby Doo reboot with hipster Shaggy and his hobo face forest.

I would prefer a Gorkamorka comic right now…

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

I agree, let's make it a Gorkamorka thread now.

It's like Knight Rider or Go-onger but without the charm…

Sounds like SJW reasoning.
I personally would have made him into the honor obsessed, warrior-philosopher Ringo Roadagain of the story, but then again I actually know how to write a story without making it into a mess of cliches.

Looks like wacky racers wasn't the only Hanna barberra property they were ripping off.

Besides, if you're going to make any HB show grim dark, it should be the herculoids.

Imma just go ahead and storytime Scooby Apocalypse.

Wouldn't it have been better to storytime it in it's own thread? Shit comics gotta stick with shit comics, I guess.

GOD IS DEAD

HE LIVES IN THE 1980s AND OPERATES A SURF SHOP

This issue clearly didn't get enough cover variants

I thought since these terrible hanah barbara comics are usually put into one thread when on Holla Forums, I figured I'd just do the same with the storytime.

I'd rather Wacky Rapeland

That's it.

I hate this fucking timeline

Is it just me or is the only way these people know how to write >strong female character is to make her an alpha bitch? Making Shaggy a hipster faggot is stupid idea; tying the comic to a fad that was popular years before publishing. Also - Fred as a low-test doormat, thirsty for redheads is character assassination.

I can't believe it, but it's actually even worse than I expected it to be.

You motherfucker…

It took me like, two pages until I realized the fucking cars were talking to each other.

And this is just from one page

DC is the lesser of two evils.
Less social justice, trying to revamp superheros from the 1920's, walking a fine line between pleasing old fans and bringing in new.

They aren't perfect by any means but they are trying, unlike marvel who is just absolutely retarded now

I was going to dispute this, but then I remembered DC isn't the one that approved of Squirrel Girl.

So yes, it has less social justice, in the same sense that a black mamba may be less dangerous than a king cobra. I don't know snakes very well.

Holy shit the edgy Velma right on the first fucking page.

This reads like a 90s Z-movie.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

i am afraid to sound like a weeb, but i bet the japanese would have pulled a fancier an funnier one than this hacks

So, when does Didio finally get fired?

Can no one fucking ink any more in comic art?

Jesus…

That Scooby shit, look more tracing so their face shapes change every damn panel.

Honestly, they handled the new Scooby Doo comics pretty well. And they made it edgy and grim-dark. There's only been one issue, but it is pretty good so far.

Picture related. Scooby's speech has been given an explanation for once. He's a tech-enhanced "smart dog" with both implants and external gear to help him communicate.

I'll probably read the first issue of Wacky Raceland and give it a fair shot.

I am completely retarded and I didn't read a single word of this thread before responding. Now I see that the first issue of Raceland was dumped and that Scooby Apocalypse was already mentioned.

It's all been posted in this thread already and it's obviously shit to everyone who can see it. Fuck off.

I like it. I think it's an interesting take on the characters so far. I think the whole hipster shaggy thing is self-aware, but it's still definitely the worst part.

All in all, 7/10, will read for a few more issues to see where it goes.

Velma is still a nerd, just in a different scenario spouting techno-babble, so that's not new. Shaggy's still acts like he smokes weed in the back of his van like he always does, and Scooby is still Scooby except he has a scouter on him.

3/5 characters are done well, and that's only because they're sticking to their original personalities.

I am really interested in finding out why you think this train wreck is actually good, and I don't mean that in a "ha ha, you like this thing? Kill yourself faggot" kind of way. I mean it in a curious kind of way.

How much is DC and Hanna Barbera paying you to say that?

You wish

I bet he does it for free

Well now I want this.

All they had to do was ripoff Redline and they fucking blew it. The took a show about crazy and colorful characters and their crazy and colorful cars and made it unbelievably bland.

Once again, it was just kind of bland. Nothing really happened. We were introduced to the characters in a boring one at a time fashion, and given a shit ton of dialogue and exposition. I think they should should have started with the monsters attacking, had the gang meet amidst the chaos, and have us learn about the characters via their actions and how they deal with the situation. Plus, the heart of Scooby-Doo has always been mysteries. I would have made the reason why people are turning into monsters completely unknown to them and have that be an overarching mystery that they're investigating.

I'm surprised no ones made a South Park reference yet in this thread.

The intro in the vid was alright, but are the jokes during the episode shit or not?

What a fucking mess, this is in some shit son.

Okay. I think I've seen enough.

I'll be honest this was an enjoyable read because it tries so goddamn hard to be badass, edgy and feminist pandering that it just becomes unintentionally hilarious.

It's a beautiful train wreck and I can't stop looking away.

I hoped it would fall into this category, but it's just the same old safe feminist and "counter-culture" tarp as always. I felt nothing with the tranny soldier or the >strong woman antics. Every man is trash, the only >woman is a bitch. I didn't think of it before but this user is right. Going semi-Redline would fit Wacky Races more than anything. Fucking shit, man. Why is the west so neutered and can't even go full cuhrayzee at least once a blue moon?

AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST FUCKING ISSUE!

Next month in a very special issue of Wacky Raceland, the characters talk about white privilege, female presidents and how being a homophobic will drastically shorten your life span in a post-apocalyptic world.

The bonus comic will be about the wage gap.

das it mane

There's only one nazi character that's written well, and this is it. Mostly because JoJo wasn't made by westerners.

And I think you know the (((reason)))

You're basically saying that DC is better because they're completely dead instead of half dead.

You need talent and risk to go crazy, Holla Forumsmrade. DC can't do that because Didio has driven away all the talent and they can't risk anything because they're an IP farm.

Gee, I wonder.

It's south park so it is always going to be shitty antisemitic trash with stale recycled jokes from Family Guy while they pretend they are better than family guy.

Stroheim will never not be the best Nazi character in any medium because I honestly can't think of another

I think the term you'ree looking for is "gratuitously evil". You can never have a nazi character in any form of media without having him commit an act of petty brutality for his own amusement, or even for no reason at all. Bonus points for having this act of evil be against a "poor, innocent, downtrodden Jew".

Not a single nazi, not even the rank-and-file conscripts, can be human beings. No, they have to be soulless unfeeling monsters who torture and murder people for the flimsiest of reasons, when they do bother having a reason. They can't have friends or loved ones, or really any healthy human relationship. If they are shown having any relationships, they are tainted. They beat their wives, their friend is also a racist murderous asshole, their kid is an evil brat in the Hitler Youth, etc etc. Or, sometimes, it can be used to show how "hypocritical" they are.

They can have no positive qualities, because then that would make things more complex. That would mean humanizing them. And that would create an uncomfortable cognitive dissonance, and you don't want that. You can't have your two minutes of hate on a target that is just as human as you are. It would lead to awkward questions.

I still remember when I was a moronic teenager and listened to Yahtzee say how nazis make for good vidja enemies because there's no moral ambiguity involved. Even then, it made me uncomfortable.

Funny how the people who go on all day about tolerance and acceptance are so eager to dehumanize whoever doesn't fit their paradigm, isn't it?

Of course, we all know (((who))) is to blame.

PS: the scene with the razor blade was pretty jarring though, considering Stroheim's later showings of his honorable character.

Nobody gives a shit.

>>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums is that way, Carl.

>>>/cuteboys/

Get out of here you faggots.

And that's why I'm laughing my ass off, because they're trying to insert their ideology into Wacky Races of all things!

Plus I love how fucking awful the narrative is, one minute they're racing the next they're in a bar fight and the bonus story is about some fuck who gets mauled by a bear for no real reason.

Again it's a beautiful train wreck of a comic.

…you do know one of the creators is Jewish, right?

When does the Johnny Quest comic come out? That was the only one of the bunch that looked any good.

Yeah, going full cuhrayzee involves deviating from the norm and taking a chance, something that the big 2 aren't going to do.

Also, the racing episode of Space Dandy is a really good modern take on Wacky Races.

That's just typical Jojo. You always get weird shit early on, while Araki is still figuring out where he's going with that particular plot thread.

Oh baby, you just reminded me we're gonna see Rohan licking a spider animated

Are they rebooting EVERY Hanna Barbara thing? Is this some simultaneous reboot meant to be timely to Rebirth?

I agree, but I didn't EXPECT much to happen in the first issue. I want to give it a chance. Your version of the opening would have probably gone well, but I don't think the intro we got was bad.

I wish I was being paid. Maybe I just have bad taste, I don't know.

Velma is generally kind of nervous/anxious and doesn't assert herself much. New Velma is now assertive while still being reclusive. She seems kind of unhinged, too.

Shaggy seemed like Shaggy, yea.

Scooby getting an explanation for why he can talk is nice. And, honestly, I think the more important thing was them pretty much saying he's the most retarded dog they made. It makes Shaggy's drive to protect him make more sense. This is going to be important, because it can be used to build on their bond organically, and Scooby may need more watching than other characters once they're in a full-swing apocalypse.

Daphne was always kind of a bitch. I'm not bothered by her and Fred being this way. I think Fred's character isn't SO bad. He has room for growth. I'd like to see him eventually get fed up with her and tell her to fuck off. That's what I think that dynamic is eventually heading towards, potentially at an inopportune moment.

Like I said: 7/10. I want to see where it goes.

I would go back, but that would require to hate myself enough to browse halfchan.

You can take the cuck out of halfchan, but you can't take halfchan out of the cuck.

:^)

Any news on the Flintstones and Jetsons comics?

Wacky RACE Land indeed . . .

I don't think there is a Jetsons comic yet.

I honestly can't tell what's going on in half the panels, nor how is doing it. I watched a fair bit of the cartoon 'cuz it was on the open channel here in Hueland, and I couldn't make heads or tails about who exactly was who.

does this guy know where the fuck he is

Reminder that Wacky Races is popular as fuck in eurpoor.

These fucks are seriously jeopardizing American/third world shithole relations.

That reminds me
Isn't a new Wacky Racers reboot coming up this year ?

Gee I wonder who that might be…
also:

I wanna fug that Penelope.

in current year and after seeing the originality bankruptcy of murrican producers, i would rather let the weebs handle a wacky racers animu

That is the only other way, other than simple mary sue, because anything less may be construed as too feminine and natural.

I thought it got canceled.

Wacky Races is actually pretty popular in Japan. There's been a few Japan exclusive video games and Mutley gets tons of merchandise.

I can not see this comic getting better, it feels like they tried too hard to pander to an audience that doesn't exist. Also feels like there gonna be too many characters and not enough pages for the comic to show them off.

>Race change of Pat Pending = Make the smartest guy black. Is the world really a better place now with this forced added "diversity."

Here's one from the UK, with more accurate vehicles. From Goodwood Festival Of Speed, where they recreated every vehicle.

I know Initial D exists, but I do not know if Initial D succeeded as a manga. I know its anime is more popular.

Once again, nips leave Westerners biting their dust.

It was a mango first, newfag-kun.

But was it good as a mango?

…is that a rhetorical question?

until whites made it better

The question is if it is possible to create a comic/manga–a medium that utilizes static images to convey a story–that focuses upon racing–an event that has a LOT of movement without which it cannot function.

Can you use pictures to tell a good story about cars going fast, in spite of how difficult it may or may not be to properly convey speed and movement via static images? It's possible to tell a story but how difficult would it be to tell a good story that accurately captures the tension and excitement that high-speed racing is all about?

Because the only example I can think of off the top of my head is Ghost Rider doing his riding thing, and that usually uses a lot of visual spectacle to enhance it.

You have to go back.

Hey, the Wachowski's might've lost their balls, but back in 2008, they made a hell of a movie.

In their prime, they made some ok movies. Now? They're fucking hack trannies. The lesson to be learned Holla Forums is to never hack off your dick. It is the source of all of your powers.

1995 to 2013
48 tankoban volumes
yeah, I think it was successful

strictly speaking, Speed Racer/Mach Go Go didn't have lasting appeal in Japan like it did internationally.
Indeed, when the Wachowski movie was dubbed in Japanese they left the western names because no one would call bullshit.

nice memes

That's how Ruin Explorers came up with this character.

No.

They made one good movie and that one good movie was largely a rip-off of other, better movies

i'd prefer it to hipster races or sjw races any day

Sold.

The Scooby Doo one is just…..okay, outside of hipster Shaggy there wasn't anything that range inducing.

At least they're trying to tell a story instead of just whatever the fuck the Wacky Races one is trying to do.

Read the thread man, it went full SJW.

I just found out that the person who wrote that awful Wacky Races comic also wrote for the Sonic games and Lazy Town.

You decide which is worse.

Which Sanic games?

Sonic Boom on Wii U

Honestly the only thing in Scooks apooks they got right is the realationship with shag and scoob
When I read it despite shag being a hipster asshole they seemed like shaggy and scooby
Unlike everyone else
ripip casey casem

Anton LaVey wrote this shit?