Hacker Team Breaks into U.S. Power Grid

youtube.com/watch?v=pL9q2lOZ1Fw

I'm scared at how easy this was. Does this alarm anyone here? Been meaning to invest in a backup generator, & now seems like the right time.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfist.com/2014/02/05/pge_metcalf_station_terrorist_attac.php
archive.is/IzWaf
silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im thinking of getting a solar panel myself

The US power grid is ridiculously easy to take down, I'm surprised we haven't seen many attacks

you like wasting money OP?

sage
sage demoralization threads

CIA SHILLING POWER OVER INTERNET WITH FEARS OF LOSING FAGGOT INTERNET

THIS

Its not even a secret.

a single person with the autism to drive around and look for power equipment and learn what to look for could very easily shut down half the country so bad it would take weeks to fix it

just taking down a region does not cause panic.
Terrorists search for ways to shut down entire states.
You don't need any unnecessary attacks that result in a country wide safety up, you try to keep it weak to destroy as much as possible.
If you for example turn down the entire west coast it makes it easy for a invasion.
Turn down the north east and you cause major financial loses.

Thing great make a name for yourself.

sage
cool more CIA demoralization of internet freedom
yeah right cool

it's like you've never been to /k/

they have all kinds of stuff about this. apparently you can crash your whole city's internet with a screwdriver and some tinsnips

Seems like a cool job

Once SHTF disabling the power grid will be a priority, it'll level the playing field against ZOGbot who will try to put every single Holla Forumsack in camps.

It's exactly as easy in every other country because a blackout is just an inconvenience not a paralysis.

Everything important to the defense of the country or even health is running on a generator.

For some reason Americans just freak the fuck out over blackouts, here we have them every other month, for a few days each.

You could also take some leaves from your backyard and melt steel beams via chemistry.

what did I say that involved the internet you fucking autist?

Any given retard could easily scope out where important grid equipment is and manually sabotage it. Has nothing to do with the internet. Hell theres natural gas transmission stations along any given interstate, usually no more than 1/2 a mile from it and easily accessible, that would cause significant problems if someone were to want to do something crazy.

We have niggers. The only thing keeping niggers from going full mogadishu is:

1) ebt gibs
2) television
3) microwave ovens

all of those require electricity

sfist.com/2014/02/05/pge_metcalf_station_terrorist_attac.php

I bet They can't keep up with hiring and firing these useless wastes of space once

They are last generation "internet of things", they weren't designed to come under attack, which is why they have little or no security. They just carry out their repetitive functions until they break or the power goes down, seriously, just look at how effective stuxnet was. It relied on thirty plus known failures and loopholes that remained unfixed and unpatched for years.

I'm running premium gas in everything now, you should too. SHTF is coming and it's time to baby your equipment.

i'm starting to think that the retarded homefront plot of "gooks sold us really good phones n shiet, then used them against us" is a completely possible outcome

Well that's it guys,

Looks like i'm a #McaffeeMissile now

Obviously the problem is worse than we though we these clowns could get in.

Reminds me of people talking about hacking relay stations by controlling their power consumption through CPU commands, since in some places they send commands through the power lines.

Rockwell warned us.

These script kiddies can hack into the US power grid… Americucks are fucked!

if ur target is a windows machine u need to use a windows tool

we have

nyc's power got taken down a few years ago and we got told like a bunch of good goys it was because of a tree or some such non sense.

which makes no sense for a national grid… yet power was out in nyc for a good while.

the longer the power is out, the hungry people get the bigger the race war gets.

make sure you have good, ammo, rifle, handgun at the minimum

Shutting off the power isn't that big of a deal. Sure it might disrupt power to homes and a few private businesses. Sure headlines would say billions of dollars in productivity lost.

But the truth is that GDP would fall probably less than half a percent if that happened and steps would ensure it becomes much harder to pull of again.

The real danger is if you do this while simultaneously disrupting phone lines, emergency services in large metropolitan areas, all while carrying out attacks (preferably in multiple locations nationwide). The disorder this would create and the distrust in the government to keep people safe would be rather substantial, especially considering the threat of terrorism here.

If (((ISIS))) (or any sizeable organization) could convert or infiltrate even a small handful of the military leaders to their side, the United States wouldn't even be able to reliably institute marshal law. This last point may sound somewhat realistic until you realize that Obongo is enlisting quite a few foreigners, women, and niggers into the military in the name of diversity so it's not stretch to think that some could be wild jihotties.

it's funny user, the great majority of people do NOT agree with your bullshit statement.
While you're busy pulling stuff from your ass why don't you look for your brains if you've got a magnifying glass handy I'm sure you'll have luck.
In the time while we're waiting why don't you try living without any electricity for a while, and not just in your little world, imagine no refrigeration for food at the grocery, no power to pump gas at the filling station, no traffic lights, no cell phones after the batteries die…

The US electrical distribution system is seriously outdated and vulnerable. A recent study indicated that it might take as long as 18 months to replace some critical components if the grid crashed hard.

archive.is/IzWaf

they will never learn

Maybe it's because I haven't slept in so long but this image made me laugh really hard.

this
I used to work at a grocery store and there was a massive outage in my town and since it was a newer store there were no generators so around 50k worth of meat and dairy was spoiled in the summer heat, for the rest of the month food prices in my town doubled because of losses. power outages are not a fucking joke. most people have no idea how to survive without refrigerators anymore, very few people know about cellaring and very few people stock up on canned goods anymore. I don't have the funds myself but I am really only worried about my family in case of a happening since I really could give two shits about being alive. I am glad my mother knows some canning stuff, but I wish she would get more into it, since the refrigerator lifestyle is very fragile.

also demolition of major highway bridges could effectively starve entire urban areas when the supermarkets cannot get food delivered.

god its terrifying how fucking fragile our society is

Believe it or not a single act of nature can fuck an entire power grid up. That is how fucking fragile everything outside of Texas is, they have their own power grid.

No. Any fuck with a rifle and a clear shot of a power substation can fuck with an entire area with a few well placed shots. Its happened multiple times and nobody gave two fucks other than muh power muh interwebs.

That's nothing, man.

The way I hear it, you can shut down the Large Hadron Collider with a weasel.

Made me think about this movie.

Yes, if you have the right knowledge, you can do scary stuff.
Someone once told me that he viewed programmers as the *wizards of the computer age*.
Cool thought, create magic spells in a mystical language, wave your hands and SHAPOW, stuff starts happening and people look in awe as they wonder how you performed this incredible feat they would not have believed possible.

Anyways, look into illuminating your house with LEDs, solar panels, and DC appliances. Alternators are lossy and noisy. In an outage, they won't last long (you will run out of fuel) and make you a target.

If you are (rightfully, IMHO) worried about a societal collapse, read this:

silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/

You obviously know nothing about modern generators. They're pretty fucking quiet and run forever on very little fuel. And that's right out of the box. You could always put your generator in a baffled box if you want it to be quieter.

UltraCoolStory Bro

come get some. we own your baord now

Where is the demoralization in this? This is fucking concerning and alarming you complete mongoloid.

fuck off Holla Forums

Holla Forums is always welcome nigger, install Gentoo.

The fuck are these posts:

How come the power grid is connected to the internet?

How stupid do you have to be to have your internal network connected to the internet knowing that hackers exist?

It's as if they were asking for trouble. It's fishy.

20 years ago every power grid in the world was working just fine without any connection to the internet. This is the kind of infrastructure that shouldn't be vulnerable, period. But now it is. Why?

How come everything is connected to the fucking internet?

lmao son seeing them pretend to know what they're talking about when all they do is 5 minutes worth of lockpicking and plug some usb devices in they ordered online.

Like wow nigger you got access for a whole 8 hours until someone wakes up, China is totally gonna jump on this shit because the risk of paul blart watching the cameras at 1AM to get you assfucked for life is totally worth it.

Here's a guy who's honest, he doesn't know what the fuck he's plugging in but it works and he's got charisma.

The internet has never been safe or reliable , they can physically disconnect you if needed , I don't think they'll destroy whole underground networks just to get rid of the internet.

You again.

What the fuck are you on about? Speak coherently for fucks sake.

go away you filthy neurotypical

know-nothing confirmed

Just shutting off the power is kinda pointless unless you're taking some sort of military action to go with it. Nobodies concerned when the power goes out, they are concerned when the power goes out and start hearing loud explosions outside

What's wrong with using echo hello. (I'm not a programmer.)

anoneemoose?