Do you think Mozilla's calculation is working?

twitter.com/firefox/status/734867770853068801

Mozilla is confident they will get tons of users now and they are able to fight the competition.

Believable or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=open&comments=0&content=error&product=Firefox&query_format=specific&order=changeddate&query_based_on=
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/05/10/you-can-help-build-the-future-of-firefox-with-the-new-test-pilot-program/
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.drwindows.de/content/10242-browser-betriebssysteme-windows-10-legt-mai-kraeftig.html&edit-text=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If google chrome goes to shit for the average normie then they will

ok

Why do they care about number of users? For a open source organization, isn't number of contributers more important?

Sponsors, like yahoo.

If they keep fucking up their browser I'm definitely dropping firefox. The trend of fucking their browser up doesn't seem to be stopping or even slowing down, and if anything it is happening faster than ever, so very soon they will not have any power users left. When all power users leave their browser will die because no one is going to be around to recommend others to use it. Normalfags will just continue using chrome because they don't give a shit about giving information to google, and probably don't know it is happening. Chrome is faster, more secure, and in general works better. The only reason to use firefox is for privacy, and customization. Customization will soon be dead, and privacy takes a hit with every new "feature" they add.

I hope Mozilla turns to ashes like Netscape did and another Phoenix rises to compete against the botnet. They had too much money from Google, absolutely wasted it, hired the wrong people and got brainwashed by sjw propaganda.

Bugtracker (it's just sad):
bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=open&comments=0&content=error&product=Firefox&query_format=specific&order=changeddate&query_based_on=

Testpilot program for new shit:
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/05/10/you-can-help-build-the-future-of-firefox-with-the-new-test-pilot-program/

This is why I don't use FF anymore. These witchhunts are such a betrayal of open source communities' principles.

Brendan Eich should have forked fucking entire Mozilla and made shitlord alternatives. Instead he is forking Google Botnet and adding one ad-sorta-blocking feature. Something he could have achieved with add-ons.

The man is lost. A few weeks ago I asked him on Twitter whether he would work on a fully capable alternative to Google Search since there isn't one. His response was insane. He first said sonething about "sonething something SEO". I looked for the concept on Google. No mentions of it anywhere. Then he said sonething about searching being dead because "kids don't search". Apparently kids only get in touch with what you put in front of them via relevancy algorithms and somehow that's something we should be happy with.

Fuck this gay Earth.

no

no

They are dreaming.

WOW SEXIST!

He's absolutely right about this, searching is becoming a rare skill and is quickly losing relevance.

As more people use the internet the bar goes lower. in another thread is right that typing in a URL isn't something most internet users are capable of. Modern browsers could get rid of the address bar and- wait chrome already did this. The most popular browser doesn't even have a real address bar, it's a search field that doubles as one.

You can only read half that article without giving them your email. And the first part of the article talks about how firefox is so much better because the orange is gone and the icons lost all their color. Mozilla is fucked. They get NetworkWorld to write some puff piece for them, and the best the authors can do is talk about how the icons aren't colorful and how great that is.

unfortunately I can only say that you are right

"user what do I do ?"
user how do I open the terminal ?
user are you a hacker ?
user what do I do now ?
user what do I do now ?
user ?
how do I do that generic thing that I would have found if I just fucking read the manual or search the web.

same thing with brother
he want something that is similar to adobe premier
user ?
how do I use blender ?

jesus christ are all people getting completely idiots by wanting to go fast

also install GNU icecat if you want a free/libre version of mozilla firefox.
also I test the Nightly version for shit an giggles and it is very VERY promising.

Did you do that on purpose?

Mozilla is retarded. They keep making their browser more like Chrome because they think that's what people like. Then they wonder where all their users went. Let me spell it out. IF I WANTED TO USE CHROME, I WOULD USE CHROME. You aren't going to attract users by emulating what they're already using, and it only drives away people who already use Firefox because you are taking away the reasons they like your browser.

Why didn't he just fire the faggots and black list the cunts from ever obtaining work again in the industry?

Wow you sure are turbo autismo
I hope that one day I could be like you

You sound like a dick

I'm with you, people are so retarded they don't even read what's in front of them, and reading comprehension is really a lost art nowadays.

You know AOL already tried this 20 years ago right? Eventually people grew out of the training wheels shit and wanted to browse the internet for real. Perhaps it will happen eventually with Chrome users too.

muh trendy app buzzword
such boner
holy fuck! I bet they had to hire Donald Knuth and Fabrice Bellard to solve that problem!
so lofty
just as false and unscientific as when slanderers accuse it of being slower than the competitors
oh my god! I'm gonna use a fucking buzzword from 2002 because it still sounds cool in my article
wow, they integrated an addon that is 50 lines of CSS
bring the journalists folks! Firefox has a new pretty GUI! This is a fucking breakthrough in human achievement

That article surely isn't Mozilla-sponsored propaganda. This is how unprofessional you need to be to attract the attention of the non-techie crowd.

Here's where we diverge. When family or IRL friends don't understand my ethical motives for refusing to play with one technology I just ask them to fuck off. They never understand, so all the time I have to hear complains about making it harder for not having a cellphone, facebook, skype, MS Office, you name it. But I never cater. They know I know more about this shit than they do, so it's not like they try to argue with me. It's just a painful unfixable miscommunication

Fun fact: the only part of Firefox that's 64-bit in any significant way is the build farm. They had to get rid of all the 32-bit machines because 4GB of RAM is no longer enough to build it.

I've given up on it. Performance wise Chrome just beats it too bad not to.

You are retarded

All browsers are shit because the internet turned into cancer.

Holy shit

This is the attached screenshot. This is not lean or minimalist. I bet they think Windows 8 was trendy.

The only reason I still use this piece of shit is due to a distinct lack of a desirable alternative.

just fucking burn that shit

The only reason anyone uses firefox is because everything else is terrible.

Well not everything, especially if you use Linux and have some patience. Text-based browsers can be okay if you can deal with a broken internet now and again.

Literally can't play the video with firefox. Tells you a LOT about how believable mozilla is.

As spoken by someone who has never used a text-based browser for something else than reading the Gentoo installation guide.

I imagine they are pretty great for downloading files from directories too

You don't want built in IM in your browser, user?

You think removing features is stupid?

You're not a fan of apeing your opponent instead of adding anything useful?

You obviously don't work at Mozilla, user!

Hello, fellow computer users.

Remember when Mozilla's own would laugh at Netscape/AOL for pumping out this kind of excrement?

see:

Dillo's better. Netsurf would be my daily driver right now if it wasn't an overdesigned GUI over a mildly brain dead rendering engine

SeaMonkey will save Mozilla

or be killed off quietly with little outcry.

qutebrowser is pretty good tbh

That's what Vox Day told him to do, and it's what he should have done. SJWs are a cancer, and must be physically removed for the rest of us to live normal lives.

But arent they not for profit?>

It's time for me to switch to chromium.

I tried to switch before and it slurped my entire browser history from ff into chromium - probably with hope to 'sync' it to the cloud...

I need to chroot it or something I guess... urgh. it makes me uncomfortable.

You can browse reddit and get interesting and relevant information from respective subreddits.

You can browse wikis for more in depth knowledge.

Why bother with google botnet?

#woke

I was thinking this a while back.

The Internet is shrinking, eventually everything will be on a handful of big sites so why do you need search engines like Google trawling obscure blogs when searching just 5 or so sites will find everything you need?

Yep, it's the one area google doesn't seem to be able to crack, for better or worse.

I'm guessing that in a generation most wiki contributors will be shills with accounts citing biased journals/sources instead of anonymous autists we have today.

Why bother making your own community site when said community sites are happy to let google crawl?

Google like search engine made sense in the past when everyone was hosting their own sites on their own domains but now everyone has a twitter, facebook, tumblr etc so really all you need is something that can search those big sites.

The potential power that sites like Facebook have is enormous which is why guys like Glenn Beck suck up to Zuckerberg.

You're on the wrong side of town, buddy.

(OP)
Indeed they will. Take a look to recent numbers!

Minus 1% market share. They are getting closer and closer to beat Chrome with exactly becoming like Chrome. Mozilla are true visionary developers!

Greatest (dis)respect for such "brilliancy" !

translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.drwindows.de/content/10242-browser-betriebssysteme-windows-10-legt-mai-kraeftig.html&edit-text=

surf != netsurf

fuck off