PC

I have a little over $600 to spend on a new PC.
Does pic related look alright?
I spent a good amount of time researching parts, I'm mostly unsure about the motherboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

moar RAM

Are you sure?
I was gonna choose more but I opted out because it seems like it doesn't make much of a difference unless you're multi-tasking or rendering shit.

Seriously, why?

Just use the old one

What is dual channel nigger?

Not OP
But a single 8GB RAM module is always going to be faster than 2 4GB RAM modules

Because it's cheap and I saw someone say it was good.
Do you have a recommendation for a good motherboard that costs less then $130 or so?
Okay, that frees up some money
I didn't think it mattered.

If you ever have 50 browser tabs open or multitask, get 16.

Okay, might as well just in case.

See this please:

Btw, 2x8 is better

Do you have a recommendation for a good motherboard that costs less then $130 or so?

I have more cards (sound cards, net, etc) is up to you, one free slot is always a good thing.

Exactly.

It always matter.

Btw, modder here, if you can recycle your old case and made a full furniture for speakers, pc and monitor (s)

Outside of that, looks OK, OP. I'm guessing overclocking is not a huge priority?

???
Make sure the slot matches your CPU

No, I just wanna be able to comfortably play games.
Do you have any recommendations for a case?
Also could you recommend any decent motherboard?
I'm having a hard time deciding what's okay.

I think it does, I have compatibility mode checked on this site pcpartpicker.com
when I was making sure everything would work together.
Maybe that's stupid.

Asus has always been my favorite for performance-oriented PCs, and Gigabyte for "do-anything" (read: Hackintoshing). You picked a good one, since it's not the MLG gaming edition, those are usually way too expensive.

If you're going to stick with the small motherboard though, I would put it in one of these cases, because I'm a superficial person.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288

Either that or put the standard ATX version of your motherboard in the case you already got selected.

I decided too pick the ATX version of the motherboard I had already picked and stick with the original case. I didn't even know that there was a larger version it it looks like exactly what I want.
Thanks a lot for your help and everyone else in this thread!

I think you could get away with cheaper graphics. Also, consider an SSD that's big enough for your operating system and frequently-used programs/files. That will give you the best performance boost for your money during more general tasks (programs opening faster, quicker file operations, etc.)

I thought about it but it's definitely not necessary.
I'm adding up my changes now and If I have some extra money, I might buy a small SSD.

All you need is 64 GB, dude. Doesn't even have to be a brand-new, cutting edge one. It'll make a big difference if you ever do anything besides play games.

This is all you'll get with shit money like that…

Get 16Gigs of RAM, you won't regret it, especially if you run VM's

get a 4690 instead. I have a 4670k and I can make it decent for a couple more years ecause I can overclock. you can't. the 4690 pretty much replaces the 4670 and the k just means that you can overclock it.

cooler looks good, the 212 EVO is legendary.

don't get mini ITX, get standard ATX.

DDR3 RAM is cheap and 1600 is kinda slow-ish. you can get 16G for aout 50$ or get faster 8G RAM at 2400 for aout 40$.

1T is pretty small, ut if you insist on that little storage, get WD lack or HGST deskstar. install your OS on an SSD, elieve SSD hype ecause they're really good.

get a current-gen GPU, they are an amazing increase in performance this gen. all new cards are on a smaller architecture which means they're way etter. get AMD RX or GTX 10 series

case looks good

PSU look good

any questions you just ask ok?

fuck, I'm late aren't I?

i don't know what the fuck is up with that PSU, it shouldn't e more than $50 for a good 550w. put the leftover money into a 120g SSD oot drive.

other than that it looks good.

The specs looks fine, ut i would personally invest in a etter power supply considering a good power supply can last 10-12 years. Its not unusual for some high end computers to demand more than 550w under load.

Ignore the Need more ram comments. 8g is all you'll ever need for gaming. You don't need an SSD either, its a waste of money.

If i have one advice for you then its to wait for the gtx 1060 to come out, as its much faster than the gtx 960.

[code][/code]

uy a mac instead.

Looks solid though I would try to uy a used Processor

poopycats

I ordered a little after you commented.
you're not late.
I changed up a lot of the stuff and I decided to switch the motherboard and cpu so that I could use amd.
I have a 1tb hdd and a 1tb external hdd.
i'm not buying any more storage.
I don't know whats current gen and whats not but the gpu I decided too buy, gtx 960 was used and $40 cheaper than the new ones and it looks like it can do everything I want it too.
I plan on buying more ram in the future but I don't have the money for it now.
thanks for the advice.

lel

I did buy a better powersuplly and I decided not to change the gpu because I got it used and cheap and it does what I want.

nice argument