In Japan, Deflation Leaves a Bitter Taste

In Japan, Deflation Leaves a Bitter Taste

[NY Times]
archive.is/vc0Tb

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/GottfriedFederManifestoForTheAbolitionOfInterestSlavery1919
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do they want, inflation like us so our money in savings becomes worth less and less every year, and for 95% of people who don't know how to get more than .05% returns on investments we lose money every year akin to 3% of wealth?

I don't know why this is a bad thing, can someone explain it? In a normal world why can't you make the same and spend the same as you did last year? Why must prices and wages both always continually increase? Why not be stable?

Because the greed of the Jew knows no bounds, and most globalist economic policy derives from Jewish minds.

isn't that like 0.2 cents?

It's almost like they are nearly at an actual equilibrium and will sort this all out as long as they just wait for their Boomers to die without importing shitskins to replace them. But no, we can't have stable economics, everything must go up all the time.

Everything would be fucking perfect in Japan if they just shifted their youth back to the agrarian ghost towns instead of running them through the salaryman gauntlet. Produce more domestically, cut back on the (((business))) sector, and get some chicks to lure the men back into the countryside.

Their society is hung up on the Keynesian nonsense we forced on them and its a sort of taboo to seriously consider breaking away from that paradigm. A lot of their politicians are just as corrupt as ours as well. The only other factor is that healthcare for the Boomers is weighing on the economy and there aren't any good options for fixing that. The US is importing slaves to get around this (and of course for other reasons such as white genocide too); Japan is probably going to have to go with a mixture of technological solutions and a healthy dose of "FUCK YOU BOOMERS, YOU DUG YOUR GRAVE NOW LIE IN IT"

Unsustained infinite growth is essential to your life quality, goy. Now buy more stuff and take some debt.

I feel horrible for the Japanese. They're are such a great people. I wish they could break free from Zog.

Read this;
archive.org/details/GottfriedFederManifestoForTheAbolitionOfInterestSlavery1919

Either that or if they conquered Indonesia and removed kebab. I vote both.

The Jew fears the Samurai.

Even if they removed the kebab (after an Imperial Restoration and re-militarization) , I'm not sure having to essentially pay administrative fees to manage Indonesia would be worth it. Just have China do it so they have to foot the bill while investing in nano-carbon structure production so that Japan can be positioned to be the major supplier on the first space elevators and therefore have a bargaining chip on the entire next phase of human development. China's access to Africa is probably going to give them the best position for the actual placement of the first elevators, unless the US decides to conduct a full scale invasion of South America under the pretense of taking down the cartels. Any way about it, the low quality Pacific islands aren't going to be worth much.

The guy that uploaded that looks to have plenty of interesting info

(checked)

I can't understand this mindset.

They use it as an excuse for lots of things.

Looking to the future, the next logical step this plan takes will be once the 6 million niggers become civilised hypothetical idealism their birthrate and population will begin to level off. So, what next? Eventually you're going to run out of niggers. This isn't fixing the supposed problem that's supposedly happening in the first place.

This is either malicious or stupid. Perhaps both? Malicious people exploiting stupid people?

I'm talking about moving half the population of Japan there after removing kebab, and really making it a good place for them to live.

Japan the land is kind of shit. 70% worthless mountain.

They'd be worth much more if a people who can into civilization had it.

I'm convinced it's this. Left and Right are the tools of the kike, after all.

Also, just how much of an insane effort would it be to blow them all up and make that land even, while dumping all the mountain pieces into the water to create more usable land in both places?

Way more expensive than settling that land, I expect.

Always when the NY Times writes that something is bad, i believe it must be good. Is it good? It sounds good to me, but i am not that knowledgable in economy.

I would fucking LOVE some deflation. Imagine if over night the price of the dollar reverted back to what it was a hundred years ago, while I know it's literally impossible, a person who is considered poor now would be able to afford a upper middle class lifestyle, and probably stay that way if they aren't dumb niggers.

I was under the impression this whole twenty-odd year slug was as a result of the Japanese finance elite trying to force an American-style free market via shock measures on the proto-Keynesian fascist economy they inherited after WWII (and which served them perfectly)

The NY Times is a large company with little fiefdoms inside it, fam. Some of their journalists still do good work. And articles like this that are written for a business audience are usually a bit more honest (my assertion is debatable, to be sure!) than regular articles.

Actually, besides even colonizing the area, the fishing rights alone might be worth it. Once the Boomers die off and the youth spread back out into the countryside, there won't really be much of a population or self-sufficiency problem for Japan. They're fully equipped to take care of themselves as long as they manage what they have properly, except maybe for fish due to the state of the world's oceans.

In the long run it's really just an endurance test to keep things going until off-world infrastructure makes Earth-based manual labor obsolete. Service and finance will remain for as long as there is a population on the ground, but everything else will just get shipped down on space elevators from massive orbital refineries, factories, and auto-farms.

Not even really necessary, small-scale terraforming for terrace farming is good enough. They like their mountains and it's better to keep them then fuck their homeland for no reason.

Technically slightly bad, but a million times better than what every country in the West is facing. Japan's "economy" will collapse with the rest of the globe, but they still have a homogeneous society and a largely conservative culture. The collapse will really be the best thing to happen when it finally occurs because they've been stubbornly refusing to collapse since the 90s. They need to just collapse already so they can de-Americanize their economy.

The whole point of Keynesian economics is that it produces results like the Japanese Miracle, and then results in collapse because that growth was built on the illusory prospect of infinite growth which can never actually be achieved. Japan hit its carrying capacity and then bubbled way over it. It's the same problem as in the West, which is why it manifests in the same sectors, housing and tech, before becoming a stagnant repetition of bubbles as (((economists))) try to set the country back onto the impossible, infinite growth track. In the end it just results in an outflow of wealth into the pockets of the central banking cabal.

If prices keep falling, consumers keep postponing consumption, until no one consumes anything anymore.

Why don't they impose the high fees on loans to prevent them from borrowing? Put taxes on everything foreigner products.

Let me post

$1 american is ~¥109~
a little under 11 cents.

Because the ones in charge of their economic policy are either pawns of kikes or were educated by kikes to believe in their (((economics))) theories. Policies which might promote sustainable development and national stability are fucking verboten, don't you know?

So instead of producing cheap consumer goods, put those resources to use to make something amazing like mars colonies. Where is the problem?

But these space travel firms that would build the rockets to go to mars also keep postponing consumption of the raw materials needed. So the economy grinds to a halt. Small inflation, around 2%, is thus regarded as a better alternative.

Which means that over both sets of land, their carrying capacity will be very good. I think they deserve that much.

I think your space shit only happens if all the commies lose their death grip on the entire planet; and we stop worrying about feeding the shitskins and keeping them alive for no reason.

No seriously, stop enabling the breeding without concern or ability.

It was their idea to import people in order to force that infinite growth to happen. Only it never does.

vid related

Bingo. This is what happened in the 1970's just after the oil crash happened. Most of the west entered into a deflationary spiral, the same that's currently happening in several western countries and all of the nordic countries right now. The rebound was hyperinflation for nearly 8 years afterwards. Those younging's in here should probably talk to their grandparents about 19% mortgage rates and 15% interest rates on savings accounts at the bank.

Now it can get exceptionally bad like it did here in Canada, and you'll see wage and price controls implemented. This problem was worsened by Trudeau Sr., with the "energy action plan" on western canada.

The problem is you need goods to drive the economy. If people aren't buying, then companies don't keep people employed. If the people aren't employed they're not going to buy your goods. If a persons job looks shaky because their neighbor just lost their job, you're going to hold onto your money and in turn not buy anything. This is what we're seeing now in North America with stagnant durable goods orders and very flat commodities.

A healthy economy isn't built on boom and bust cycles, though governments have been doing that ever since they decided to suck on Friedmans dick instead of listening to Hayek.

The real question is how will they be able to pay off all this debt when their GDP has already peaked.

Sure fam, we all won't drink water, eat food or drive or otherwise commute to work, school and so forth.
We will not take vacations when we are tired.
We will not new stuff when the old breaks or when

Ugh kike are evil golem! We need to translate the economic education into Japanese and upload them for the Japaneses to download so they know that there are many ways to fix the Japanese economy.

Probably by selling off national assets if it hasn't already happened.

By saying that it's not legal to owe kikes money.

Job done.

Also declaring non-citizen ownership of national assets is illegal.

Because how else will the establishment keep wages down and at the same time be able to make money off of stupid fads and economic bubbles and the credit necessary to finance all those things.

That money you saved not becoming worthless? Oh no!

The audacity of these fucking kikes.

well like you said their GDP has peaked, they can't do what America did and sell their debt as mature bonds with the promise that shit skins will pay the bill in 30 years.

What? It's perfect for exploiting people. Why would they not want this?

Wait, how the FUCK is that a bad thing?!

Besides due to the fact that technology marches on, maybe a fucking ice cream bar doesn't get cheaper but TVs, music players, washers, dryers, air conditioners, etc, etc will go down in price.

And since credit is hard to get for the average Joe (for being a first world country, right) most people don't have a lot of consumer debt.

So… again, wages stay the same but prices go down… what is the fucking issue?!

You mean the credit-induced speculation bubble?

How would you drive competition without having deflation? People would prefer buying their goods with cheeper prices and companies would compete for low prices of their product in order to earn more profit of their sales.

It's simple logic, all these so called economist in Japan and in the media are fucking retard.

Saving money is degenerate.

Kill yourself kike, the only one who prefer higher prices are kike himself who hates competition.

Idiot. Deflations cause economic slowdowns and increased unemployment. That's why inflation at a steady rate is preferable even with the incurring of debt, as long as said debt is within the inflation curve.

But hey, if you think it's a good idea. Go read those newspapers from the 1970's and 1980's and see how well shit was. Can't wait for you to enjoy the reality sinking in.

bankster, please.

Exactly. WTF

Deflation is but the INDICATOR of a terrible economy, because it means buisnesses have to cut prices to get people to buy. Deflation in itself is not THE CAUSE of economic problems. And it sure as hell is better than just printing fucking money and decimating everyone's savings and purchasing power while the economy is in the shitter.

Deflation > Stagflation

>>>/gaschamber/

why the fuck are they saying japan is deflationary? Japan has been doing QE for like two decades, Japans economy has stagnated in GROWTH not WORTH, its falling in value. QE is tarpit that if you start you can't stop, America should have learned from Japans failure. Japan has massive currency inflation and the Nips just fucking lose their shit anyone acknowledges it, thats why people have to work longer unpaid overtime hours to keep prices down but eventually that stops working.

Don't buy into the keynsian hype, real wages for work provided has gone down, prices then proportionally increase for goods you want.

The central bank owns most of that debt though. They're been buying it up to cause inflation.

They're obsessed with nominal growth when they're been doing just fine with real growth for the last 25 years. All they really have to do is remove some of the bad debt but they won't risk a crash. The West is now repeating their folly.

So much ignorance in this thread. Holla Forumsacks really need to get educated in basic economics.

People who save money deserve to have it wiped out for being degenerates who horde the medium of exchange.

They got all their economic education from polemics at mises during the Ron Paulberg days. Deflation is good, buy gold, open borders are great, etc.

Where'd I say anything about infinite money-printing and credit addicts? Oh right I didn't. You fucking retard. I know, it's great to be a trendy neo-hipster that think they understand this stuff. But eventually you grow up and move out of your parents house.

No deflation is not an indicator of a terrible economy. Deflation can happen in good economies as well. Surprise huh? Deflation is an indicator of a segment stall in the economy where the primary users of goods and services – that means everything from base manufacturing right up to the shit you buy at the grocery store and no one is spending money. Might want to go brush up on that econ-101 shit. If people aren't buying shit because they're holding onto their money for whatever reason, you can trigger deflation. If it gets really bad, you know like what shit is teetering on right now with interest rates at or near 0% then you can create a deflationary spiral. Then nothing happens and shit just gets worse.

Stagflation? Who different ball game kid.

literally nigger tier communist logic.
people who save money can retire and spend it later, while those who don't have to beg the government to print money for gibsmedats. the money goes into the market no matter what as people have something called a time preference, that means that even though you know a computer part will go down in price next year you buy it because you want to use it now. Sales and price cuts happen on pretty much all goods nowadays and there is no evidence that it hurts the economy.

Why does everyone seem to go along with it though?

Zyklon Ben isn't looking too bad these days.

You don't save money, you put it in assets. Saving money is the most degenerate economic practice ever.

Also, nice ID

Every time you choose not to pay one extra nigger to fuck your wife, that's a form of saving money.
So I guess what I'm saying is that you're advocating not only being cucked, but being MAXIMUM cucked.

That isn't an argument.

That's tge critical flaw of jewish capitalism. It's based on growth of profit instead of simple profit. Wjich is why we see all the lunacy being pushed and they say that perpertual inflation is good. Bigger numbers = increase of profit, profit increase = good, people's condition and rights = harming profit increases. Capitalism, as it's run curently, is as harmful as communism. The difference is the time it takes to get to horrible conditions for the people. Communism is kinda like ebola, fast-acting and incredidibly painful. Capitalism is like cancer, slow acting, gets worse with time, starts uncomfortable then pain increases as cancer gets stonger until one day the host dies.

Okay Molyneux.

Good job goy, now you are a talking head.
Educate yourself.

Don't save up goy, instead just take out a loan. You will only have paid 6 gorillion more than it was worth by the time you finish off it off, but someone has to keep the (((economy))) going.

And when demand lowers for a certain product, then prices lower and improve purchasing power, or if it no longer become profitable, production lowers because the market was OVERSATURATED to begin with, caused by an abundance of credit getting people to buy goods they do not need with money they do not have. You can't keep accumulating debt forever to feed ((the bankers))), this bubble will eventually pop, giving way to an even greater recession and any attempt to print your way out of this will cause hyperinflation. We all know what has happened last time this occured.

Your economic theory is shit, and people were much better off in the 50s before this keynesian kikery was ever put into place.

It's saving money that allows the borrowing of money and therefore any project that requires a large amount of capital. Such as a bridge, farm, road, railway.
You can't see that because the current lexicon reads that we must go into debt to make money.

assets are wealth, there is functionally no difference between buying a thing that's worth money and holding onto it for 30 years or just saving money other than the government can print more money.

If we're talking a real economy with gold coins (or any scarcity limited currency), those coins themselves are an asset worth saving.

Human societies are inherently deflationary, the number of people goes up and goods become less difficult to make, as a general trend demand for currency units goes up in a healthy economy which makes it easy for individuals to plan for retirement or their children's education. Otherwise you have to process your dollars through the jewish banking complex to save money for later, now I wonder why jews say that deflation is bad?

which is why you need a scarce money supply in capitalism, the increase in number of total dollars must be kept at a slow pace.

Daily reminder en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention
:^)

Deflation is bad because people delay purchasing when prices are falling and money can buy more with each passing day. This slows the movement of goods with weakened demand. If you don't have the demand, you don't need to hire more workers.

The velocity of money has been in decline in the US since 1998. People are saving more, buying less, hoarding, and have shit confidence in the economic future, they are not putting their capital to use. Even the banks are doing this. When QE was implemented, the Fed bought back bonds from the banks with the intention that banks would take their fresh cash and lend it out to people. Well they never lent it out and instead they too parked their money, at the Fed in this case, earning 0.25%.

There is a loss of confidence, and thus a decline in the velocity of money, which brings about deflation. I think it's pathetic that some of the posters here are saying, "What is wrong with 0% growth, it can't grow forever." The fact is some Asian countries are at double digit growth, and while they may be dirty and nasty now, they will quickly improve and overshadow the West. No empire lasts forever, we would do well to remember that.

Assets depreciate too. Go ahead, put all your money on tech devices like smartphones and tablets, sell them in 30 years.

Growth is a natural function of increased consumption and development of the society. There is no economics or mathematical rationale that can explain the deflation and decrease in money velocity as being separate from social stagnation in developed nations - population stagnation and uncertainty about the future promote hoarding and inward focus, something that will kill any growth, no matter how much do banks lend out because banks themselves are not consumers and do not use money in purchasing sense, but as a commodity in itself that they need to shift to earn their true profit - growth.

Economic stagnation is an after-effect and a symptom of social malaise and stagnation, especially if it becomes endemic to the system on such scale.

main opponents of keynesian school is that keynesianism causes INFLATION, prices rising, the opposite of deflation.

jesus christ.

Do yourself a favor and stop posting.

Based book, based jew.

People have been buying less because prices are rising and wages are remaining stagnant, aka fiat currency general. People don't have savings, they're all in debt. When all your GDP gains are in monopoly money that can evaporate at a moments notice, the emperor already has no clothes. Everything since 2001 is the US hanging on for dear life.

I really do kind of feel bad for nips. I mean, they didn't do anything to deserve this, and they're not really bad people. Nips are the only non-whites I truly care about.

That's a pretty good ad in my opinion.

Is Japan going full Bushido during these dark times?

No. They're getting pretty silently fucked, as of now, with no signs of resistance.

Like Texas.

deflation is social security for savers.

So then what happens when the US can't protect them anymore? China assimilates them?

Right…..but does that mean their growth can be sustained indefinitely? It's also going to stay dirty nasty for a few more decades as well. The environment costs of their economic upgrade are beyond anything we've seen so far. Eventually countries like China and India will either have to settle for equilibrium or outsource costs of 'infinite growth' onto sectors that will eventually have to be propped up in the future. The are never going to sustain Western style economies without completely destroying their local ecosystems. Population density is so high in some regions that the social cost of upgrading their energy consumption and economic output is going to level them in the future as health expenses run out the door with all the money.

For India, they have to increase fossil fuel consumption to the point that their designated shitting streets will be converted to designated acid streets. They might be able to turn the tide by investing in infrastructure, but that's a zero sum game because anyone that comes across money in that region either moves north or just moves to a nation that already has such social and economic infrastructure in place. China is a disaster. Their investors are offshoring their money because domestic spending has been focused on propping up a housing bubble full of empty cities and other retarded shit general. As a result, Chinese investors spell out their own doom as they are the direct cause of financial instability in the housing market and risk losing their investments to the correction that, just like 2008, is going to happening eventually. And just like India, their fossil fuel consumption is just going to make their environment even worse. China is plagued with fun times like dangerous algae blooms, floating trash heaps in the waters and smog now, imagine what it's gonna be like in a few years when they up production. They ended their one-child policy, but their demographics will still be fucked for decades to come. Both India and China have disproportionate gender ratios that, even at ideal projections, won't be corrected until later this century. The have larger volumes of wealth, but concentrations are low. If 1.5 billion in that region died overnight, it'd be a different story.

Not going to happen. Unless China figures out how to make water grow in their deserts and India stops treating trains like clown cars, they're going to run of fingers to plug all the holes in their infrastructures.

I'm hoping that Japan pushed for full revival of modernized Bushido & Autocratic Military Rule with the Emperor as the head of state.

This can be accomplished with strategic tree planting actually. the trees help provide shade, so less evaporates, and hold the soil together, including the moist and rich top soil and humus. No trees = sunny, dry, sandy. Trees = wet, shady, rich soil. Once established, the system retains enough water to sustain itself. It's only a matter of pushing the forest lines further.

This is also viable for other desert regions and anywhere deforested.

This is true, but is it really a problem? We don't need more cheap consumer goods. Things like food, housing, medicine, and services will always need to be purchased. All the cheap shit is made in china now anyway. Why would buying less consumer goods hurt the US when almost all the factories are in china employing chinese? A few american managers and top brass, sure, but we're talking a handful of jobs at most. Meanwhile, that flow of US money OUT of the country in exchange for cheap chinese goods will cease. Buying less, when it comes to junky shit we don't even need that's made abroad, is actually GOOD for the domestic economy because the household is wasting less on frivolity. Ever since they sent the factories to cheaper labor nations, no longer can it be thought of that buying junk is helpful to the economy. The only americans still profiting from it are the jew owners who outsourced the jobs in the first place.

"Economy" should not mean buying a bunch of needless junk just to keep the numbers pretty. What do we buy, clothes, cookwear, toys? We're drowning in all of it already. We have plenty. You don't need to buy a new set of pots and pans every year. At some point, we can have enough, and given the price they go for at yardsales and in goodwill I'd say we're far past that point. The average US household is overflowing with items. We've purchased enough. Why can our economy be, rather than buying junk, building or improving our own nation in a meaningful and lasting way?

There is NOTHING wrong with a decrease in spending. Just kikes trying to sell their wares. "He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."

This is just reality correcting itself to practicality after decades of binging on shopping sprees and cheap chinese made junk.

Banks like deflation, it keep the loans they hold valuable.

Huge unpayable and underperforming debts in Japan aren't being written down to true value, instead they are being propped up by deflation.

They are attempting negative interest rates to force people to spend but this is just moving currency out of savings accounts and into mattresses.

Japan needs strong inflation to reduce the cost of debt, otherwise banks need to foreclose on the real estate, take the losses, and auction the properties off at real prices. The real estate maffia and banking maffia are at a stand off - deflation saves the banks, inflation would save the yakuza - caught in the cross fire is businesses and consumers.

Don't worry Japbros. Trump will make you great again too, but you will need to start learning to fend for yourselves. Once you learn how to do that you can continue to improve your country. Remember to fight against marxism and to only allow immigrants that will be beneficial to your society.

A yen is about equal to a penny.

I think Japan could go full mecha in a decade.

the ads basically them saying "we're bumping the price slightly and we sincerely apologize"

I find it really funny that a tiny increase in price is treated like a grave transgression worthy of an apology ad but in the states shit is bumped up almost yearly.

It's a little more complicated than planting trees. You need proper water reservoirs and cooperating weather patterns to sustain plant life, especially in those regions. Western and Mid-Western United States obviously have issues with this, and we're starting to realize that once water reservoirs empty, they can collapse and remain unusable. Arid climates will just run away with the water, and wind will deposit sediments that can turn forests in to dust (ie- the Dust Bowl). That doesn't even account for the sheer volume of deposition to occur before erosion levels stabilize once water is reintroduced into such systems. Water tables take years to form and stabilize.

I don't get it, they're saying the buying power is being reduced, but they call it deflation?

BEST DOCUMENTARY EVER ON HOW JAPAN GOT JEWED

If you're curious about why such a country of smart and hard working people isn't doing better watch it.

Yes, if people don't spend money the economy grinds to a halt

Think of it like oil that keeps the engine(economy) running, if the oil goes away, the engine gets fucked

Thanks for the tip Steinberg.

Fuck off weeb

Bump

10.00 AUD = 796.548 JPY

1971-79 was not hyperinflation.

Actually it was you western whiners jewing the east. You know that Polish saying…

Very incorrect. Banks do not lend from deposits, and they have no need to do so. Savings are not at all necessary for lending.

The most efficient and least degenerate method would be usury-free credit with no need for savings at all.

They have a word for "death from working too much".
過労死

Do you mean debit card?

Why do you assume Indoshit must be managed? Remove Kebab, take natural resources, and salt the earth so no kebab grows again.

Incorrect. Saving money removes the medium of exchange from circulation where it is useful. Instead it needs to be spent.

More like a credit card. Debit withdraws from your account.

I have a debit card because I am afraid that I would be addicted to overdraft and can't repay it.

They have already conquered Indonesia through their automotive industry. But if they do want to do so militarily and at the very least weaken the kebab majority (who are basically Indonesia's kikes) then it's still a net positive. On the other hand I am also a nationalist so I am a bit conflicted about my fellow nationals getting kamikaze'd.

By the way the Indonesian (((economy))) have also been tanking for the last 1-2 decades. It's basically a free-for-all for the world's (((bankers))).

Polite sage for my shitty microblogging.
t. Indonigger

Why are they tanking?

Off the top of my head:
- over-reliance on imported goods, including basic food & clothing
- almost zero domestically produced goods in the market
- purchasing power has steadily decreased every year
- due to regulatory/criminal law fucktardery a lot of people prefer to work 35+ year careers and saving instead of starting a business and employing other people
- a lot of people marry young without any form of financial security and end up shitting out 3-4 kids who also go into the same cycle
- lots, lots, lots of single parent households

That is so problematic! Let's call for fascist s to make your shitty country great. Australia is close to your country so why not hire them to start the business in Indonesia?

3 and one half hours about how the Nose has been doing exactly this to countries for hundreds of years. Wouldn't do if Japan were a real powerhouse to crush China, their next host.

why not tax corporations and then give people the taxed money so they can spend it on the goods/services they like?

It makes sense to me. If people aren't buying anything because they don't have the money, then take the money from elsewhere and give it to them, and by taking it from corporations and giving it to people we basically just churn it around.

It's like unblocking a dam'd river so the money can flow.

Trump might be good for the Japanese economy. Japan's economy isn't bad, or anything, but it certainly isn't what it used to be. It's stable, at least, which means the job market has high liquidity, which is good for maintaining other, less liquid, markets and delays currency value changes, but that also means the markets will all stagnate and growth will cease. I think they would do better if they didn't have to deal with bad trade deals the U.S. has made with other countries. With room to grow, Japan has the potential to create great products and dominate the electronics markets, like they did back in the 70s and 80s, but the miracle wore off thanks to shitty trade deals with other countries. Trump calling out China and other countries for currency manipulation and bad trade negotiations might help Japan get back into the game, the way they used to be, at least.

Mr. Trump…

MAKE JAPAN GREAT AGAIN

Japan has a more powerful navy (or "maritime self defense force" as they call it; retards will argue that because it's not called a navy they must have no sea power) than China, and with China's population density and shit like the Three Gorges Dam, Japan doesn't even need nukes to totally fuck China over.

Dont Asians hate ice cream?

Why dont you go and start some more peat fires?

Godspeed, based Japanese nonconformist.

It isn't.

Japan's got it covered hopefully, if they can avoid the TPP.

Typical idiot that fails basic understanding economics. I see that you picked a picture that properly reflects your line of thinking though.

Unless of course because of said deflationary movement, said people no longer have a job. In which case, production halts, no spending happens and you're just showing how much of an idiot you are. Since you've just laid out a deflationary spiral scenario, and don't realize that you're creating a partial economic collapse. Bet you think the 1930's were a great time.

You also seem to fail to understand that I'm not talking about increasingly accumulating debt, rather float debt. That's called "spending within your means." You know, what most of the world did before they started sucking Keyne's dick. You might have missed the point where I also tossed in Hayek and his economic models while flailing around trying to find some cum to guzzle.

Oh and the last time a hyperinflation scenario unfolded? Well north america at least came out on top in that one. Then again that was probably 15 or 20 years before your time, and you don't really know what happened then.

Deflation is the consequence of overspending, that doesn't mean the people need more inflation because they already fucking broke. If people were spending within their means, the price of stock wouldn't be skyrocketing all time high. The price of goods wouldn't be very expansive.

Guess who did all the buying? That's right goy, you keep listening to all these kike lords to buy overprice stocks, and why were you doing it? because you can! The interest rate of loans is at negative, and it always all time low.

As the result, you get deflationary currency. Middle class people who doesn't buy stocks and try to live a normal life suffer, because you goy the kike lord keeps killing the currency with deflation out of negative interest rate loans.

Was that not implied when I said production will be lowered, or rather, "corrected"?

So you have not read the part where I said "this bubble will eventually pop"

Regardless of what the bank does, this will be the eventual endgame. The current level of consumer spending is unsustainable, backed by an everlasting supply of credit. What you don't realize is all the debt that is piling up on people, with every mounting purchase, interest bill, price inflation due to overspending, with every dollar siphoned off from workers to (((the chosen))) purchasing power gets weaker and weaker, until even an interest hike from 0% to 0.25% has the potential to cause an entire deflationary economic collapse (without QE4 this would have already happened).

The next time a bubble bursts, the economy will be done for. Interest rates can't be lowered any further, all that you can do is let it run its course or inject ridiculous quantities of money into the economy to the point where it becomes cheaper than the toilet paper you wipe your ass with.

You can't kick the can down the road any longer, it is the road you are trying to move now. The great depression 2.0 is right around the corner, and you won't be able to spend your way out of this.

The only reason the west has not suffered a complete economic collapse yet is because all of the third world has been invited to come and also become debt consumer slaves. Spics are a net loss to taxpayers and cause all sorts of criminal problems, so for what other reason do you think (((they))) would tell us beaners are good for the economy?

But who knows, maybe the kikes will roll out the cashless society with negative interest rates before this happens, so we can all keep spending happily and transform into the ideal kike dominated serf utopia you are so keen on defending. Moron.

Just to clarify critics of Keynesianism constantly are afraid of Inflation and say keynesianism is bad because it puts full employment in higher priority than low inflation.

Blaming keynesianism for DEFLATION is pants on head retarded.

PS - Hayek basically leeched fame from Von Mises and Keynes.

What big improvement did Hayek do from Von Mises? Anything significant?

Mises was retarded too. A priori economics and coconut island heuristics? Useless bullshit.

daily reminder that your mod is a sandnigger that was deleting legitimate threads from the queen of Holla Forums you stupid cumskins

What is a Jew?

It's not a bad thing for us, the common folk, it is a bad thing for the hooked nose men who make their profit through conspicuous consumption and massive consumer debt.

If an economic system doesn't promise infinite growth, it's "not serious or worthwhile", God forbid you posit an approach to economics that acknowledges contractions and recessions as a natural part of economic cycles you just have to bear the brunt of and power through and that to create a system whereby natural contractions are invariably mitigated with deficit spending and manipulative monetary policy is only going to create an eventual, inevitable bust so big it'll swamp the whole global economic system and take it down. But no, that's just crazy, gloom-and-doom talk.

In a society like ours where the infrastructure is fucking crumbling, rusting, and falling down all around us, Keynesian-like infrastructure rebuilding projects would be economically beneficial in the longterm. In Japan, they're literally building bridges and roads to nowhere that no one uses to have makework jobs.

Weep for your self, we're far more under the ZOG yoke than the Japman. The Japs' problems are half the work of the Jews and half just their own natural tendency towards stagnation which is largely owed to their adoption of a Confucian mentality and culture millennia ago.

Nonsense, what is bad about lower prices? Nothing.

Companies make profits off of the spread between costs and revenue, and so the price of their products has little to do as long as they bring in more revenue than costs.

I really wish future history was going to be half this awesome, but you just know it's going to be gay as fuck.

Maybe they should just start telling girls that they should be making babies from their early education? Or do they honestly think that women can balance 3+ children with a career?

Seems to me we're all overcomplicating things. Western nations would all be in the same boat had it not been for mass immigration.

Stupid people acting maliciously because they think it's the smart thing to do. They literally believe in infinite growth as a religious doctrine, they'll just manipulate themselves into prosperity and eventually immortality and godhood.

I mean, it's not like fish have pentrative sex, the chick jizzes out some egss, the dude jizzes out some sperm and bingo bango baby fish. Why the fuck aren't we kidnapping fish from the ocean, sexually stimulating them, inseminating the leavings and releasing all the new fish we created back to the oceans? Seems the most elegant solution to the problem.

Yes, the kikes want their cut. That's what this is about. Appeasing the power that be. International Jewry is livid with Japan for protecting the value of its saving and refusing to pay shekel tribute.

god forbid they aren't wracked with inflation. maybe the asians are genetically aligned with order and stability. maybe "stagnant" wages means a stable living.

Stagnant means they are losing purchasing power you nigger

I don't think that has ever happened in the history of human society, it's just a myth talked about by the priests of economics. People have to consume, only the purchase of luxuries can be postponed, the purchase of necessities, which is the main expense of the commoner after servicing debt, cannot be postponed for more favorable market conditions. Also, the average plebe lacks the ability of delay of gratification and long-term planning to operate under such a strategy, if only they could, consumer debt wouldn't be at crushing levels.

You can't, the only solution is to hang the bankers.

Sometimes economic slowdowns, economic contractions, and unemployment spikes have to happen in the natural course of economic cycles.

Only to the owners of said debt, it's never good for anyone else.

They were hardly the crises they're made out to be, for that matter the Great Depression was rather overblown until the attempts to "fix it" actually worsened it, then it lived up to the hype.

Unless there isn't any actual product to buy at the grocery-store, no one in the real world holds off buying necessities like groceries expecting to pay less in the future. Only hypothetical consumers in the suppositions of economists ever behave in such a way. If the average consumer could delay gratification to the level of holding off buying groceries for a better price down the line, consumer credit levels wouldn't be threatening to drag the global economy down if government, financial, student loan, or other debt beats it to the punch.

Wouldn't say degenerate and not all money, but saving debt-based, interest-bearing fiat money is stupid, as it's a guaranteed loss of purchasing power. Might as well spend it now on more than saving it for when it will necessarily purchase less.

Have some sympathy for Hitler's favorite non-whites–bitterness is the natural state of the petty jew, not the Aryan.

Also:

But saving unsound money which is perpetually and exponentially losing purchasing power is a loss, so why do it? Why should I lose purchasing power so banks can make profit from loaning out my money and multiple copies of my money with interest?

>Garigari-kun, a hugely popular soda-flavored ice cream bar. About 500 million of the bright blue snacks are consumed every year, mostly by children.

inb4 thread is flooded with Kingdom Hearts references.

And it's going to leave a bitter taste in the states. Prepare your anus, debt slaves - deflation on the way! Lenders up, borrowers down.

On the surface it may seem roiling from a political perspective, but even those civil wars were formulaic as fuck. Japanese cultural history has a few really groundbreaking innovators that totally shake Japanese culture and society to its foundations and almost totally reworks it, then it has centuries of imitators slavishly copying that one innovation ad nauseum until it because a confining and stagnating yoke an then some new innovator comes along and stirs things up again. Even if the only exposure you have to nip culture is anime and vidya, you can see this quirk of the Japanese play out on a smaller scale.

Now the chinks, on the other hand, they were pretty fucking out there until neo-Confucianism really dicked up their mindst then Marxism just utterly laid it to waste, that's a pretty ad story, because China used to be based as fuck back in the old Imperial days before Mongols and Manchus fucked shit up.

Except they don't, because consumers aren't that rational and forward-thinking, my proof being consumer-debt levels.

Depends on the nature of the asset in question and all manners of context. Cars depreciate, sure, real estate tends to increase in value. Commodities like gold, silver, fluctuate, going up and down, though generally trend upwards over the long term.

How can you openly defend a race that consists of humanoid locusts that devour everything in their path? The chinese have never been anything more than a borg hivemind.

As for your views on Japan history, you're also implying that the wars and revolutions throughout European history are also" formulaic". You're also greatly under-estimating just how long one century is if you think that's not enough time to have a massive impact on a society. Just look at how fucked up America became in just 50 years.

Or we could just call it economic stabilization or economic plateauing. Also, sidebar, economics is one of the shittiest fields ever, only in such a garbage field would so-called professionals with a straight-face call contraction "negative growth". I think I hate economics and economists even more than psychology and psychologists.

Not in the slightest. Europe didn't have the socio-cultural stagnation model that Confucian mores and perspectives placed on Japanese society, hell, not even China was as thoroughly Confucian as Japan until neo-Confucianism became the dominant orthodoxy.

Look, I like the Japs, I played their vidya and fapped to the rporn cartoons like any health red-blooded American nerd, but I don't fetishize them and can acknowledge widely accepted cultural flaws they possess. Hell, any redpilled Japman worth his salt would likely have similar critiques about his culture's flaws. Just like I acknowledge Western culture's flaws, like its stupid penchant for universalism which oft leads to its stumbles and falls. Also, we have the opposite problem of Japan, while they have a conformity and stagnation problem, we have a novelty and revolution problem.

Resulting to ad homien just highlights the flaws in your argument.

I suppose the dark ages dn't count at all then, with a unifying religion and world view.

The Dark Ages is an anachronistic term that was coined in by Renaissance and Early Modern scholarship because of a paucity of textual sources from the period between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and some arbitrary point later. Since then, we've discovered a whole wealth of texts, the term Dark Ages has been out of favor since my grandfather was fighting in the Korean War.

As a matter of fact, no it didn't. Christianity didn't suppress technological, scientific or material progress and in fact often aided it, hell one of the staunchest traditionalist theologians, Aquinas, was also one of the greatest pioneers of rationalism and scientific thought.

They will sacrifice something as monumental to human survival as space exploration for the sake of gibsmedats like they did in the 70s

Here's another bit of ad hominem: Retard.

The poor japanese were dying. i feel bad about fighting WWII now

Of course not. Growth just moves from one place to another. I've traveled around Asia quite a bit. Their cities are already more comfortable and convenient than modern US cities. They are also quickly becoming more expensive than US cities too.

What the Asian's want is very different from what American's want. A 2-acre lot with a white picket fence and a beautiful green yard and two cars seems like shit to most Asian city dwellers who much rather prefer a high rise apartment with security guards, car elevators, etc. So yes of course China does not have the resources and land to make possible the "American Dream" but they have plenty to make possible the "Chinese Dream" of life in a big city.

A good solution to gender disproportion is to send your men abroad, something China has been doing for years. A sure way to spread your culture and softpower. A war is a second solution to gender proportions.

That's what happens when your population is graying, your men work slave-labor hours and have no time to build families or communities, when the state taxes and regulates the economy into the ground, and an oligopoly rules over all, pumping more and more money into their own hands and out of the rest of the nation.

There's a reason that merchants were the bottom of the four castes in the Edo era, and that Confucians cautioned against merchants. Democracy = rule by merchants, and it always leads to economic retardation, sooner or later.

In Japan's case it was sooner, don't worry, America is headed in that direction, but the American people, unlike the Japanese, no longer have the work ethic and longsuffering necessary to keep such a society going.

Japan's economy has been dying for 20 years now, and Greek economy just up and died.

But surprise, nothing happens.

If it takes a war to kill people, not the economy. Unless you are a communist i.e. Venezula.

The masses think that when the elites abandon them, the system will collapse.

In truth the elites keep on being elites, the masses revert to a preindustrial mode of living. They either farm or starve.

That's what's coming to a first world country near you.

This kind of fearmongering is what the commies have been telling for decade.

yet a poor country like Poland still has better livelihood than Detroit.

Let's be poor, we would go back to being farmers but our people are still there.

I disagree with your logic because "money" at this point is a legal fiction, and any movement in supply, demand, or value by a currency is from manipulation that is deliberately undertaken by bankers. Fiat currency is completely insulated from the real world affecting it to any degree, this is the point of it!