Redpilled histories of WW1 and 2

Can someone recommend me some good redpilled history books of WW1 and 2? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

carrollquigley.net/pdf/Tragedy_and_Hope.pdf
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
8ch.net/pdfs/res/3.html
gutenberg.net.au/ebooks12/1202551h.html
books.google.com/books?id=yM8lkb3z68oC
bookzz.org/book/853882/c739dc/?_ir=1
bookzz.org/book/1238110/6b0d7d/?_ir=1
youtube.com/watch?v=NSI5LkRGOKg
libgen.io/search.php?req=tell the truth shame the&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
archive.is/j2sgy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

carrollquigley.net/pdf/Tragedy_and_Hope.pdf

I can dump some works about the Balfour declaration and the lot i salvaged from a previous ww1 thread
And some ww2 stuff as well. Let me look it up

check out the monthly reading packs:

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

For WWI:

For WWII:

For both:

Ignore this guy's recommendation:

The Guns of August is fairly neutral in its writing. It covers the first month of WWI. The author shows some bias towards the French but it's not as blatant as other authors I've read on the subject.

Her narrative is more like, "Man, did a lot of people make a lot of fucking mistakes which led to Trench Warfare for four years."

Also, here's a link to the /pdfs/ board. A whole thread filled with books you might be interested in

8ch.net/pdfs/res/3.html

This paints a different sort of picture for British involvement with WWI being about conflicting oil pipeline interests with Germany.

All Quiet on the Western Front

Fuck off with your leftist drivel.

If you want to learn a real soldier's perspective on the western fron, read Ernst Junger's Storm of Steel.

user most soldiers were not Hitler and all quiet on the western front is a pretty accurate depiction of the average German soldier.

The myth of German villainy has been pretty good so far. It seems normie friendly so far too, it waits a few chapters before it launches the jew redpills, they come at you nonstop.

The podcast blueprint for apocalypse, while obviously not a book, is fairly neutral and a really good listen. It's so differant from what I learned in school that it got me interested in learning the true history of the wars that led me to watch the greatest story never told.

God forbid someone read an accurate depiction of the horrors of war.

I'm the Holla Forumsack who wrote the summary in the other thread. No redpill books in particular, but some enjoyable books I'd recommend are:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works on the western front: gutenberg.net.au/ebooks12/1202551h.html

Couldn't find a pdf, but Rites of Spring looks at the causes from what I would call a psychological perspective. books.google.com/books?id=yM8lkb3z68oC

Europe's Last Summer by Fromkin looks mostly at Germany/Austria-Hungary and Russia's struggle for dominance in East Europe and the Balkans as a cause for WW1: bookzz.org/book/853882/c739dc/?_ir=1

and The Great War and Modern Memory by Fussell. Tried attaching these as pdfs, but after a few fails at uploading I gave up. bookzz.org/book/1238110/6b0d7d/?_ir=1

If anyone has any good letters or books on the eastern front, I'd be glad to have recommendations.

What's wrong with it, user?

I did enjoy it, though.

I loved the book, the chapter about the main character being hit with a day long artillery barrage while in the bunker was haunting. You could argue that it is demoralizing, but then again, the war was demoralizing. Hitler should have capitalized on it, by saying it was the politicians, capitalists and jews that got them stuck in trench warfare and refused peace, but oh well. He did seem oddly in love with one of the most devastating wars in all of history.

It is still light years ahead of most war movies today where all the American soldiers are degenerate monsters(unless they're saving jews in ww2) that massacre civilians.

WW1 was portrayed as a war between nation/nationalities. Hitler got into it for its nationalistic pride.
And suffered for years becouse of it and that changed him as a person.

Would you deny the very reason for your evolution as a distinct person?
It's the same for any old religious person.

Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War by Patrick J. Buchanan. Just finished it last week and listened to the audiobook like three times afterwards.

He did a C-SPAN interview about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=NSI5LkRGOKg

Won't embed because when it comes to posting I'm basically a newfag.

I can understand why it was viewed as it was, and why Hitler felt pride in Germany, considering they were pretty badass, and would have won if it wasn't for the jews brining the US in. I was just saying that it could have gone either way, I don't remember it being that popular of a war back then, though with the massive amount of communists showing up and starting shit in the interwar period, it would make sense to try and frame the war differently, because unrest over the war was a big flash point for the commie provocateurs.

Seconding Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger.

The english translations you can get are pretty good. Having said that, apparently all revisions, including german revisions, are pretty politically neutered compared to the original. Nonetheless, a good read.

I wrote a paper using the Penguin version, and yeah they removed any semblance of Juenger's nationalism.
He did some cutting himself, I think he felt guilty because even as an officer in France, he distanced himself from the Nazis, and Hitler as a veteran just gave him a free pass.
I'm gonna hunt down a 1929 edition one of these days.

I think "tell the truth and shame the devil" is a very underrated book. The book is actually better than you'd think from the kind of goofy looking cover:

libgen.io/search.php?req=tell the truth shame the&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def

I didn't even know that Junger was a nationalist, in the book he seemed like he was so tired of war that he wanted to get away from it all for a while.

He talks about feeling so angry once at the British that he shot a 17 year old boy at point blank and had to lay next to his dead body for weeks because of Artillery and British chokepoints.

Its just so weird because I sort of felt like I got to know Junger through the course of the book, his personality didn't seem nationalist at all, he just wanted to defend his country and didn't really know why the war was being fought.

That sounds pretty nationalistic to me

The archive from the sticked thread is breddy good
archive.is/j2sgy

fyi to embed you click "show post options and limits" and then copy-paste the link in the embed section

I don't think you can embed a video and post an image at the same time

He was a hardcore nationalist, and growing up under the Kaiser, I think he missed the old system and felt the Nazis bastardized it with their revolution.
There is a documentary they made about him in the 1990's where he was interviewed (embedded hopefully), and basically despite being a dissident Hitler thought he was a war hero and should just be left alone. He was offered political office but refused.
I personally think Hitler identified with Junger, if Degrelle was his son, a prime example of the 'New European', Junger was like his brother, a man nostalgic for Germany's core ideals. Despite not serving together they both witnessed the same horrors, and saw the downfall of the system they were willing to die for.

Shit I formatted that badly.
Sartre called Che Guevara the most complete man of the 20th Century.
I think he should have chosen Junger, he lived through it all.

Stevenson, David. Catacllysm: The First World War as Political Tragedy. New York: Basic Baooks, 2004.

Iron Coffins: A Personal Account Of The German U-boat Battles Of World War II by Herbert A. Werner >> is a great book.

The Bunker: James P. O'donnell is also a fantastic collection of accounts by eye-witnesses who were in Berlin in April & May of 1945 (it was a shitty Jew movie but the book - written decades earlier - is awesome.

Quigley's Tragedy and Hope isn't really about WWI or WWII. It's a giant time sink which some patriotard conspiracy fags worship because he admits the banking world has a globalist agenda. Read a summary and then move on.

we own your board e-celeb spam forever cumskin

Bump.