GorillaZ

'Cause it's cartoons. But also, music.

Gorillaz is still a thing?

They were my favorite band growing up. Have all the album's.

Sorta. Jamie and Damon are supposedly back to a working arrangement for a final album, if gossip from last year still stands.

These have been popping up alot lately. I usually find late 80s/90s anime with these types of videos so I guess its something

They were in Chicago about month ago - supposedly doing some recording and looking for collaborators.

So damn close to seeing Noodle's panties during phase 3, what a tease

I bet her cunny ain't nuthin' special though

Here's hoping a producer like Dan the Automator or Danger Mouse is involved this time

My dark skinned brother

I fucking love that one brah

Favorite album is D-Sides

Muh nigga

D-Sides is great, but I wouldn't call it my favourite
It's just a lot of remixes and stuff, not really crafted.
Even so, it's great.

Some of the remixes are better than the original songs. And the original songs are great!
Soul child 19-2000 anyone?

I dunno, I liked SC 19-2000 better originally, but the original has really grown on me in recent years.
Though, the Dirty Harry Chinese remix is fucking masterful.

Hey, i dont want to downplay my love of 19-2000. ITs a great song and i love hearing it. I do love me some dirty harry though

Dirty Harry, chinese or otherwise, is probably one of my all time favourite Gorillaz tracks.

Ineeded, Hong Kong always get me. It's my favorite song of that album and of the band in general.

What are some similar ugly-cute kind of girls like Noodle?

Tank-Girl

moar plz

I was a huge fan of Gorillaz back in the day, D-Sides is still one of my favorite albums of all time. Their self titled album and Demon Days are phenomenal, but I just didn't enjoy Plastic Beach even slightly. I've tried on numerous occasions to listen to Plastic Beach, but I just can't enjoy it. It's hard to explain, half the songs are too hip-hop while the other half are just…too weird, I can't pin down exactly what I dislike about it but it's just way too different from Demon Days, and not in a good way.

Is The Fall any good? I've avoided listening to it because I'm worried it's Plastic Beach but even worse, and I don't want to ruin what little enjoyment of Gorillaz I have left.

I also fucking adore Rock It, I want that fucking Pazuzu statue

>>>/a/
keep this weebshit away from my Holla Forums

Gorillaz is a British band you fucking mongoloid

The Fall is pretty good for iPad noodling while on tour

Plastic Beach was essentially everything I hated about Gorillaz. The whole "we're really big insiders with lots of connections, but we're not pretentious" is something I was hoping would be avoided. One of them sings for BLUR on the side, but there was no need to pander to hipsters.

Personally The Fall is my least favorite of the album's they have made, maybe second with laika come home, but you have to remember it was made by a single man on tour using an iPad synth app.

Personally I am a big fan of PB for the most part, but I am curious if their newest album is going to be closer to DD or PB in terms of sound.

>>>/suicide/

I need more GorillaZ in my life or I'll die.

I'm between D-Sides and Demon Days.
In one hand, D-Sides have really good remixes (Soul Child 19-2000 and Dirty Harry are enjoyable and comfy as fuck); and in the other, there is not even a single song of Demon Days that I don't like, and those 2 final songs (Don't Get Lost In Heaven and Demon Days) always manage to get some tears from me

You can try reading Tank Girl, the comic of Jamie Hewlett (the guy who give life to this band)

Im in the same situation as you.

Don't get lost in heaven is my favourite name for a song , but i like the self titled album the best for music. Although it doesnt flow as well as demon days, i think its just better overall. Dare is a fantastic song though

Does anyone else wish they got other artists to illustrate Gorillaz? Like under Hewlettes direction?

You sure there aren't already ghost artists in many cases?

What I wanna know is, what the fuck did Clint Eastwood have to do with Clint Eastwood?

It vaguely sounded like TGTBATU

I'm sure there are.

Have a webm slice of Do Ya Thing video, just because I have it on hand.

cool

I'll never understand the appeal of holograms.

At least in this case they're not being used to bring back dead celebrities

They did do the coyote cry from Ennio Morricone's theme to The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, which makes it more about Clint Eastwood than Dirty Harry was about Dirty Harry.