So it begins.. Mozilla's first move to defeat Chrome

ghacks.net/2016/05/23/install-google-chrome-extensions-firefox/

Can't wait to see all the people switch away from Chrome/Chromium to Firefox.

More secure, more private, has a Chrome like UI now too and finally Chrome extensions work with it.

No one who loves Chrome has a reason anymore to stay with it. It is time to leave the Botnet behind and send Google to the place they belong: the trash!

Go Mozilla!

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fxchrome/
blog.en.uptodown.com/browser-comparison-chrome-firefox-explorer-opera/
venturebeat.com/2015/05/01/chrome-passes-25-market-share-ie-and-firefox-slip/
iridiumbrowser.de/
arewefastyet.com/
8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=70880&sid=a986a26f70f221a77cd29e49ff88aebf#p70880
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.drwindows.de/content/10242-browser-betriebssysteme-windows-10-legt-mai-kraeftig.html&edit-text=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Firefox is almost as bad as Chrome.

lol

This is their big "win", not the fact that Chrome-based browsers are on average twice as fast or that their marketshare is below 10%.

I can't believe Mozilla fell so far away from their humble beginnings and lost sight of the fact they had the only usable browser for nearly 10 years.

Google's cash killed them. The advertising deal they had with Mozilla attracted parasites to leadership roles and the organization was too cucked to know to resist them.

Sure..

We advanced users have only to give up ricing, theming, real complex adavanced add-ons for making the Chrome crowd happy.

There is actually a term for a Company which leaves behind their origin users who made them great and brought tons of n00bs towards the product:

"Betrayal! or to pull an Opera"

But that is not the Point. The Point is, why should a user use Firefox which is equal with Chrome when there is already Chrome available? Most users do not care for privacy, so there will no big user shift towards Firefox.

Who really believes THIS is beyond stupid.

Firefox has had this for ages OP, you stupid faggot:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fxchrome/

Literally replaces Firefox's UI with the UI from Chrome.

That's a third-party addon, retard. Now, the Firefox default look is Chrome-like.

this probably explains everything

Thanks for the heads up, just tested with the Google Translate addon and it works.

come on man, I hate jewgle as much as anyone else, but it is stupid to pretend that mozilla is that much better

sane browser fucking when?

It's definitely more private, because Mozilla doesn't make billions by gathering user data.

Still, they will not gain all the Chrome users. A cheap knock-off stays a cheap one.

No matter how much privacy protecting it is. Power users who wanted built inside customization will never forgive. That is the reason why Firefox lost so much market share, because these special kind of users took away all users they brought over also away.

Also, keep in mind that Chrome extensions are utter crap. The only one's of value are the special Chrome apps.

But of course Google would never allow Mozilla to absorb that special technology. So Firefox will be even if it has webextensions inferior to Chrome.

It may a bit help if they add special API but what they are able to do with that limited technology is still not good enough

>>blog.en.uptodown.com/browser-comparison-chrome-firefox-explorer-opera/

Firefox is within 10% of the speed of Chrome for every speed test run.

>>venturebeat.com/2015/05/01/chrome-passes-25-market-share-ie-and-firefox-slip/

They're at 11.70%, as of a year ago.

Stop making shit up, Google shill faggot.

Hope you enjoy your cheap Chrome imitation browser where you will lose feature after feature, especially where a ricing and theming hater is now new product manager.

Expect losing more unique stuff in Firefox too.

seccomp mode 2

kill yourself

The WebExtensions is still missing many of the commonly used chrome APIs so compatibility is going to suck for a few years at least.

The only thing compatible chrome extensions need to function in Firefox is a new manifest.json which I guess this generates.

I rather would use a browser which allows me to rice and which allows me to add complex themes than a cheap Chrome imitation browser.

Kill yourself first!

Show us a timestamped screenshot of you posting from Konqueror or Midori, or kill yourself you massive hypocrite.

I would use FireSJW until it becomes as bad or worse than (Jew)mium securitywise, Jewgle-shill. Then when it happens I shall switch to Brave.

Chromium has better security already. It's worse privacy-wise and extensibility-wise, so I don't use it, but it has better security mechanisms and fewer vulnerabilities.

Two steps behind

You enable JavaScript?

servo when?

but firefox is the worst browser, even worse than edge, and mozilla is a shit company. rather just wait for brave to get chrome extension support next month.

Ah well, at least about:config > about:flags

[citation needed]

Isn't Midori capable of using Netscape plugins? What would it take to convert something from Firefox?

You seem to misunderstand.
Firefox lost marketshare to Chrome due to constant shilling on Google's part.
Firefox is still the browser of choice for most power-users directly due to customizability and ricing.
Literally everything you are posting in this thread (and this board) sticks out like a sore thumb and is false. It's like you're trying to bait, but you're not very good at it.
stop

I disagree with that. Most power users haave abandoned Firefox already.

Because they are disliking that Mozilla removes features out of the browser itself to support simple users.

And you can expect stuff going worse where this Dotzler guy is in charge about Firefox decisions now.

Even the die hard fanboys at Mozillazine do know that things go downhill even faster now.

Firefox since version 22 is garbage, as all done after was only to support simple users. Chrome users to be exactly. Mozilla can go to hell, seriously!

If you prefer to stay with an imitation product, feel free to do so. But at the same time, expect every sane guy to not do this.

If power users ditch Firefox for this reason, they're dumbasses. Every move firefox makes to ditch a feature brings it closer to Chrome in terms of features. That is, every feature dropped by firefox was an advantage it had over chrome in the first place. So even after dropping those features, it is not possible for it to have become worse than chrome.

The loss of major customization options which have been built inside around Firefox 22 makes it worse than Chrome.

Because if a company is so hateful towards Google that they do everything for getting revenge that Google screwed them up and major kind of damaged them from the inside...

Yeah, if a company is also willing for this goal to take away all Chrome users with trying to be exactly like Chrome and is willing to sacrifice all their origin user base, i call that WAY worse than Chrome.

They at least do not screw their users for some kind of revenge and jealousy thing. But Mozilla does!

Mozilla today is consisting of greed, desperation and hate. Some would also add political correctness too.

They have totally shifted from guys with a brain and an actual vision in something much worse than Dastardly and Muttley!

So you honestly think Google are any better? Also, this revenge and jealousy thing is projection. You're mad at Mozilla for what they've done and so you're taking "revenge" by going with Chrome despite it being shit in comparison to Firefox even now.

I give Google exactly one thing. They are always honest to their user-base, that they are disliking features and customization and make their browser more and more simple.

Mozilla first supported power users because they saw them the way to beat Microsoft, but at some point after Google entered, they dropped that idea and decided that power users, features, choice and built inside customization was no more useful for reaching their new goal, so they abandoned their old concept.

I have yet to see that Google betrays their own users and starts to abandon simplicity for features.

All this is utter garbage. From both of you. Mozilla has one serious problem. They are trend hoppers. first features, now simplicity. They are jumping from one hyped concept to the next when the old one doesn't help them any longer.

Google instead is supporting one big user Group and one single concept. They never had the wish to explore different concepts and visions. The problem with Mozillas attempt is that many users are pissed, the one's who use Google Chrome are of course not.

Still, the better concept is what Google is following, because that is offering constant loyalty to ONE target user group .

Right, but wouldn't a "betrayal" from Google be a good thing in that case?

I mean, McDonalds are honest about what you get: burgers and fries which are mostly edible. But their honesty doesn't make their product good, and so if you're making rational choices you would not be choosing their product.

Same for Google and Mozilla. Putting the company aside, considering only the software (because that's what you're using), Firefox is better. Far better.
Now you could argue that it probably won't be like that for long due to how Mozilla are acting, and that that's a reason to give a fuck about Mozilla/Google, but I would disagree. You can switch browser at any point in the future if and when that does happen, and in the meantime you can get the best experience by choosing the best browser of the present.

Google will never betray their user base. But luckily some browsers which do use Chromium as base or QTWebengine/QTWebkit do it for them.

And that small projects are much better than Google Chrome and Firefox together. Because these projects try to support that abandoned special users with special needs. But Mozilla has given up on them and for Google they are of no relevance

It is about honesty and loyalty. I for myself will never use a browser which is still "somewhat better than Chrome" from a company for which i am of no relevance at this point in time.

And last but not least.. As Conservative Christian i would never support Mozilla these days.

Not only because of Brendan Eich, but it is no secret that many people in Mozilla hate Christians.

:^)

Though, this is the first I've heard of a competent Chromium fork. Every single one so far has been a logo and no code.

Webkit wrappers are a joke. Webkit is the buggiest web renderer I've ever used, and I've tried a lot of browsers. webkit-gtk and QtWebkit are both not viable for an actual browser, due to how poor they are in security, stability, and rendering in general.

Again I think that's something which Google are equally bad for.

feels bad man

disgusting SaaSS is disgusting

this is delusional. Had all those 30% of users cared about privacy and freedom back during the Firefox golden age they would have never fallen for F U C K I N G C H R O M E. Power users and freetards aside, people used Firefox simply because it was not Internet Explorer.

I support >>602892's hypothesis as a primary explanation, coupled with a very bad management from Mozilla's part during the last SJW years.

Almost every Web-using person in the planet visits Google.com. They have the biggest billboard on Earth.

we had a recent poll showing you wrong. Firefox (and its derivatives) still is Holla Forums's browser of choice.

this

I guess we can agree in some points. The management of Mozilla makes constantly big mistakes and Mozilla should stop hopping from one hyped shiny gem to the next one. They should give power users a reason again to use them, to cheer for them, to support them. Because if they are going to anger power users even more (and we already know they will in the coming years) they are losing more of that so called vocal minority, which has tons of simple users behind their back which when moving away takes of course all that users away too.

If they do not stray away from that plans = very bad ending upcoming

Then tell me why Firefox market share is so low today. Many advanced power users move on and simple users are not coming back that much that they could fill the void.

So yeah, power users are fleeing like doves no matter if you like it or not. Staying with a cheap imitation just because it is more secure and giving a shit about feature removal and loss of choice does not make you to a power user.

Only to some retarded Mozilla fanboy.

Well, i know you guys do not like proprietary software but anyway... Centbrowser supports special needs, Vivaldi supports special needs, Slimjet supports special needs, Yandex browser supports special tab and url bar concept needs.

Open Source... Brave supports special needs, Qupzilla, Otter browser supports special needs.

I would use one of these any day before i touch something from Googlezilla.

I personally use Brave today. Abandoned Firefox with Version 28, tested out Maxthon and abandoned it, tested Pale Moon and used it until the point where pages had massive incompatibilities upcoming and i am now happy with Brave. I backed out the whitelisting ads parts of the code and compile a new version when it fits my needs.

No-script, adblocking black UI soon, tab stacking and page tiling planned, also promised more deep going UI customization... For me a much more clear winner as what Mozilla has released since Version 29.

And it is actually not Chromium but Lib Chromium Content - the Rendering engine more or less alone. All the rest is created from scratch by Brave Team. Also extensions support.

The internet isn't just power users any more. Most people are mobile phone users who use their default browser to read news stories they've been linked to from the Facebook app.
This kind of person is the overwhelming majority of internet users.

I would definitely not touch a proprietary browser. Web browsers are huge things and thus have a huge attack surface. If their source code isn't even provided, that's even worse. The browser is probably the most important piece of software in terms of security and privacy, because it's always connecting to the internet and has a lot of potentially exploitable or buggy features. For a piece of software with that much responsibility, I would not trust proprietary code.

Also, since it doesn't sound like English is your first language:
That's just a less offensive way of saying "retarded". e.g. "Children with special needs", "Special needs classroom", etc.

Sounds good, my browser of choice is Midori right now, but it is a bug ridden mess. Giving Brave a go now :)

i said it because it is not wrong. If someone is looking for a nice girl for a little bed session he is in special need for something.

That applies also in that case. A word is only as bad as the used context.

And if a proprietary software fits my needs i use it. I do not care for licencing crap.

I care for features and that if fits into MY personal kind of context. Firefox does not fit into that any longer. So give me ONE good reason why i should use Firefox.

ayy lmao

It's not about licensing. Not having access to the source code at all is in itself a huge disadvantage and is not something that anyone who values their own security, privacy, or autonomy would accept.

It's not wrong in the most clinical sense, but your choice of words (shockingly enough) affects the message you are trying to send.

Speaking of which,
hi Mike

Iridium is fine.
iridiumbrowser.de/

Seeing no problem with this. Windows user here, my player is XMPlay for 8 bit related Music.

So far that kind of features are planned for the Windows Version of Brave. Linux and mobile i do not know.

It is always amazing to see People staying with software which gets worse and worse even if there are alternatives around which offers something better but that kind of People do not use it just out of principle.

I really ask myself from time to time what is more hypocritical and damaging for the technological progress. The one's who stay with a degrading foss software or the one's who use feature rich, sophisticated software which tries to push the boundaries which is perhaps not free. Not starting about DRM and Youtube and other streaming services which offer too closed code, but that is of course no problem for the guys who tell you constantly that proprietary software is garbage. In that special case they call it "necessary evil".

Humanity as a whole is so pathetic, disgusting and hypocritical... If i would be god, i personally would take a rock and end the life of every single person with my bare hands!

the ones who shill for non-free softwares.

If you like Jewgle so much shove it up your ass. Meanwhile I am loving every second of SJWzilla and drinking shill tears.

Hold on, people are bad, but not that bad to talk about hypothetical mass murder... You know, even if you speak out what is in your mind there is something which you never should even dare to write down!

Most people who support Open Source are only interested in taking the code and creating their own fork for personal reasons. In the worst case they spread it or offer it as official fork to the public.

That alone is fucking bad. But whats even worse, Open Source can be abused by malware creators to create replica versions which exist for one single reason. That others think they are the original, install them and you are screwed afterwards.

Open Source was a good concept, but in times where criminals and idea thieves are spread all over the web... if i would be a developer, i would not offer my source code at all.

Enjoy losing features and using a Chrome imitation browser, while the rest is having unique features, choice, options and is laughing about you when suddenly you are ending with a lame bare-bone browser.

Not being a stupid fuck solves this problem easily.

Enjoying. Now, fuck off.

Hypocrites as already said. Promoting a degrading foss software where the developers do not have the tiniest bit of loyalty towards their own users because they are jumping from one shiny gem trend to the next.

Hell, even Pale Moon is a more fair product. And to make you vomit, i also value Vivaldi Browser. Because it adds features Mozilla has removed and because the Vivaldi developers officially shit on simplicity and minimalism and simple users.

That's the way it should be. Ignoring the mass and creating for the one's who want complexity which is not compatible to the raw mass of brainless rookies out there.

not to mention javascript performance:
arewefastyet.com/

because power users are a minority.
I just told you, Chrome usage correlates with user stupidity, not skill. Maybe a picture will be more explanatory for you. That's what 1.17 billion web users see every single day. That's over 75% of all the web users, and doesn't count Youtube, GMail and Android.

If all that marketing muscle didn't produce a strong positive effect for Chrome's market share that would be really eye-popping.

they are 2% of the Internet population at best

some are leaving, because Mozilla is objectively getting worse. Yet for all the data I have seen Firefox is still preferred by power users; probably because they are more likely to know Chrome is fucking spyware.
8ch.net/tech/chrome.html

says the insecure underage shitposter who doesn't care to back up his claims and keeps shilling for Botnet like mad after being shown hard facts.

You made me search the fucking post. Here you go:

muh Furrefox so unfit to powah userds

why is it an imitation and why is it worse than what it imitates?
Firefox comes from a completely separate codebase. Calling something an imitation just because it adopted the same superficial appearance is beyond retarded.

stay cool shitlord. do you know how the burden of proof works? I never claimed I was a power user because I use a more secure alternative (although that's a good point, thanks for raising it ;P). The only loss of choice I'm aware of is the deprecation of some toolbars that were turned into unofficial addons after Australis (I actually liked Australis more, the new menu added a new dimension of customizability that firefox never had), and disabling Javascript, which Icecat still has so it doesn't affect me. And of course, at the end of the day SJWfox still is waaaaaay ahead of Chrome in terms of customizability and addons.

I don't even use vanilla Firefox, I use GNU Icecat.

Spot the Mozilla employee/simple fag/brainless butt-monkey with a strap-on instead of a brain in the head

I for example do only use ads blocking add-ons. I am not interested to install CTR and crap like that to get the features back i had in Firefox 22.

If you do not install add-ons, Firefox is garbage today. This new menu.. you can only add some items around, you can not combine bar elements like url field and tabs any longer. You can not move the url field and the buttons to the status/add-on bar anymore.

I can do a lot with Otter-Browser for example.

A minority which was before Australis almost half of the user base of Firefox. And surprise, they almost lost half of their users in recent years.

Going to have to resort to the old halfchan Holla Forums method of argumentation here.
And the "perhaps not free" in the sentence there is beyond stupid. You're trying to warp the two groups; originally you had FOSS users and non-FOSS users, and now you have people who use poor software and people who use good software which is "perhaps not free" (hint: if it were free, it would belong in the category of free software, so there can be no "perhaps"). You're confusing the two groups and I'm not sure if you're being disingenuous or if you just have poor reasoning skills.

Also, you can shut the fuck up about proprietary software. How on earth is it "damaging to the[sic] technological progress" to support free software? Free software is the only software which anyone can build upon.
If anything is damaging, it's proprietary software. If they're at the cutting edge of software, that's a problem, because nobody else can ever benefit from that code and those cutting-edge techniques can never be refined or reused.
Building proprietary software is the act of performing years of research and development, only to never release the actual research done and only provide a black box that proves that you were successful. It is greedy and egotistical, and definitely does not advance computing as a field of study or as a profession.

Has anyone ever called you a lunatic?
Here you go:
You're a fucking lunatic.

What the fuck are you talking about.
Name one feature of your favourite browser that I can't get in Firefox.

Meanwhile, I'm not switching browser until I can get this stack moved over:
- Pentadactyl
- HTTPS Everywhere
- NoScript
- Policeman
- uBlock Origin (mostly for element blocking)
- User agent spoofer
- Refcontrol
- Self destructing cookies
And ideally Rikaichan too, but the above are the must-haves.

Most browsers fail on the first requirement, Pentadactyl. Then there are the autistic browsers like Luakit which I occasionally use, but they don't have any of the other extensions.

xDDDDDDDD

How foreign can you possibly make yourself sound? Next thing you know you'll start putting spaces before your punctuation marks.

In fact, Mozilla has removed customization of primary UI elements and instead limited them to secondary UI elements which are partly visible.

But the core features have been sacrificed to make Chrome users switch. That is also the reason why Chrome extension technology is added. To make Chrome users switch. That is also the reason why reviving multi-process... to make Chrome users switch!

Mozilla is stuck so deep in their try to compete and damaging Google that they sacrifice every single of their creations to try to absorb Chrome users.

Why can't Mozilla stop competing with Chrome? This battle they will never win, even if they would switch to Chromium code. Even then they would fail.

Look here cumdrinking faggot:

1) (Jew)mium and its forks are botnets. PERIOD.
2) There are no other non-botnet full-feature alternative to SJWfox, currently.
3) If I am going to use a botnet I'd rather use Edge.
4) In Firefox, I do not care about features. I have some privacy configs and basic addons that work and I am OK.
5) If I am forced from SJWfox by the developers someday, I'll use dillo, lynx etc.

So in conclusion, I have no reason not to use Firefox now.

I do not care for add-ons. I only use browsers which offer me advanced UI customization out of the box without the need to install anything additional.

Not interested in installing add-ons/extensions/apps

Again, i pick my own writing style, i give a shit about political correctness, grammar or rules. If i want to make a spelling mistake, use words in a not right way, or to combine words as i want to combine it, i do just for fun.

Into the trash.

Fuck off to reddit then. We here at Holla Forums care, love and use add-ons.

And i have no reason to use Firefox, because as said, i do not use Chrome UI imitation browsers. Only one's with built inside customization.

Firefox does not support that any more, so i am not using Firefox.

Your excuse for using this Chrome UI imitation browser.

Why? Consider the add-on a part of the browser, because for all intents and purposes it is.
You have a very Windows User-like mindset, in that you seem irrationally uncomfortable with building superior software from easily composable parts, and you would prefer to settle for a less optimal solution that comes in one installer package.
Think of it this way, your browser is an "add-on" to your operating system. Why is that okay with you, and why don't you just pick an operating system that comes with a good browser in the first place?
That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

If you make yourself sound like you have learning difficulties, people are going to treat you as such.

In what way are addons not customization? They're the ultimate form of customization.

Oh no!
Whatever is my 14-year-old self to do about his image among his peers in school?
Citation fucking needed.

Spoken like a real hypocrite.

So, even Brave which is only using the pure rendering part of Chromium but not the elements which make Chromium to Chromium is in your eyes botnet?

What Kind of idiot are you? The perfect example for a stupid worthless human which is worth Zero.

OK installing and using Edge now.

that's correct. I didn't notice because I wasn't using those features anyway

I'm extremely skeptical that was the case. In fact, I believe that's false, but I would like to be proven wrong; I just don't see how you could even begin to support that claim.

Firefox had as much as 30% of the whole browser market share before 2010. That's over 400 million people. Do you really think half of them are the "power user minority" you are talking about? Do you really think there were as many users who prefered Firefox for some technical or otherwise educated reason as the equivalent of the whole population of USA and Germany combined, and that those proficient users switched mostly to a botnet because that served their interests better?

It doesn't even start to make sense.

probably. I mean, that's a really stupid strategy because Mozilla is overestimating the brightness of computer users and the motivations of the average Chrome-using ignoramus.

LOL. Do you really think most Chrome users are even aware that Chrome is one thread per tab and all that stuff? Do you really think most web users give a heck about computers at all!

There are very legitimate sandboxing reasons why Mozilla would like to try to make Firefox multi-process, regardless of what Chrome does and how much market share it has. On the other hand looking at Chrome's typical memory usage is really disheartening, I don't want Firefox to be an even bigger memory hog resulting from Electrum.

I agree.

Forget it. I will not use Firefox Because as said i use only a browser which is honest to their target user base and i also do not like that multiple way's mentioned trend hopping much.

You still use Firefox is better because it still is foss and that is what you care most about, and i do not use Firefox because i want my features integrated and not over external resources.

You have your reasons, i have my reasons.

Edge... i think we can all agree that all what Microsoft makes is crap.

In fact the only good OS ever created was the original Amiga OS :D

Of course. That is one of the main reasons why people not use Firefox. At least it is a complaint which has appeared over and over and over again, i can't count the times where i have read that in the Firefox input page.

Meh, I am sure it works just fine other than being a botnet.

I guess compared with Edge even Seamonkey would be better.

But that is also on the deathlist already once XUL is killed, it will be turned into a Firefox with some add-ons bundled. It is disgusting that Mozilla tries to destroy all browsers which use Firefox based code and offer something special.

Can we meme Jamie Zawinski into coming out of his screensaver-powered retirement to make a new browser based on Navigator?

That does not make any sense.

Why are you using like 6 different extensions for stuff uMatrix has in one place

Also it should be mentioned that the more add-ons you are using the more you can add instabilities and bloat to your browser.

And the benefit of having features included in a browsers core is that if the browser developer cares and keeps the features, they will not get lost as easily when the add-on developers decides to stop.

As browser features many different people would work on maintaining them and making them better, that is much more recommended than having a single guy or 2 guys taking care about an add-on.

uMatrix is just policeman with a busier user interface. I don't see how the other extensions are equal to uMatrix. User agent spoofer maybe, but it handles user agent switching in a completely different way.

1. The speed. Firefox will never be as fast as Chrome.
If your machine is high-end, it won't matter, and if it's low-end, you'll need the extra performance from Chrome's model. tfw latter

2. discrimination / monopoly
People use Chrome because it's the Unofficial Web Default. "Works in Chrome" is the new "works in Firefox"; the UI and Chrome webstore compatibility is largely unrelated to this. Web developers are developing more and more for webkit-only. The onus is now on non-webkit browser makers to ensure it works "like webkit" compatibility-wise.

Anybody who thinks Firefox is going to win ANY new users by redesigning their UI at the cost of performance yet again is sorely mistaken.

I switched to Vivaldi.

I was a an Operafag before I was a Firefoxfag so it makes sense. There's a couple of addons I miss and some features like not recording browser history but overall I'm fine with it.

No. If they develop shit website we shall break it into pure html and read it.

I know you are fine with botnets.

/thread right here. Firefox sometimes takes 30-40 seconds to load a single thread on my laptop and the whole UI is locked up while it's choking on that. Hard to complain about Blink's RAM usage when, even when it's swap-thrashing, it's still an order of magnitude faster.

I refuse to suffer in the name of your pink-haired upper-class definition of "freedom"

Not liking Mozilla after all they did to geeks, even i a am personally none of it. But i can understand their pain and anger.

But don't you think that if Firefox implements all what Chrome does have, people will not switch? After all, at least seen from spyware Mozilla is somewhat better than Google.

At least Mozilla seems to be confident that major amount of Chrome users will take the opportunity to make the switch.

This is confusing the fuck out of me.
also nice trips

Quality argument, nigger.

Take your meds. If people are monitoring you, it isn't for your everyday browser use.

>>>/tumblr/

Literally a non-issue, unless you're some poorfag unemployed nigger with a computer whose specs wouldn't be acceptable 10 years ago, in which case you have bigger problems to deal with and should probably get a job.

Dear god, what kind of piece of shit laptop do you have?

What I'm pointing out is that if you have a LOW-END machine (like me, Pentium 4 630 with 4GB DDR2), then you need all the speed you can get, it's not like I'm going to be doing other things while pages are actively being used anyway. And so Chrome is the best choice since it actually performs what it's supposed to do.
But if you have a HIGH-END machine, then "muh ram usage" and "muh multithreading" are both nonissues, and so you can also just use Chrome because it's snapper.

So no matter what, Firefox+forks lost.

And the developers of non-Chrome browsers persist in their delusions that this is somehow "for the users" and not just because coding proper gigathreading browsers takes Google's coding resources. forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=70880&sid=a986a26f70f221a77cd29e49ff88aebf#p70880

Bloated as fuck
Dying
Taken over by cancer

Neato maybe
Runs bretty gud even with the fuckton of bloat it has (built in mail, chat and torrent client)
But ultimately closed-source
Soon to be chinese-owned

Fastest
Not very customizable; add-ons are shit
Most supported browser by both its developers and the web as a whole for the foreseeable future
Owned by Jewgle

Trying to stave off the Firefox bload but ultimately will either fork and die in obscurity due to lack of development power or keep going and become meaninglessly different from the mainline

Dead-end browser whose anal-retentive developer lacks the manpower to go in it for the long run

Atom N270, 1GB RAM, 120GB SSD and 9 hour battery.

I replace things when they stop working properly and this has run fine for years. Mozilla isn't going to buy me a new laptop that meets their minimum system requirements (a Macbook Pro), so their browser goes in the trash.

mozilla honestly believes that cross platform extensions will help their marketshare and its funny because they don't realize nobody uses chrome for extensions. they use firefox. the chrome store is 99% mobile app trash and glorified shortcuts that pester you for an email. what little decent extensions exists are either available on firefox already or a much better alternative exists. if mozilla is going to continue on their path of becoming chrome's retarded little brother they could at least steal the shit that chrome does better like multiprocess and an omnibar.

The problem with what you're saying is that there are plenty of Chrome extensions that are not available for Firefox.

Chromium is, the other forks are not. How do you measure this? Easy, check with wireshark if it is sending packets even when you do not do anything on a static web page

Plenty of them are. Not all of them try or claim to try to remove the botnet.

really makes you appreciate upper management. When parasites take control, it doesn't matter how based the engineers on the ground might be. Their efforts will be wasted.

Just so you know, Iridium redirects all of google's tracking stuff to their own server for "debugging"

It stopped doing that months ago.

Good goy.

I forgot about that

It shouldn't be hard to find proof, either in the source code or by logging its network activity.

Like what? The whole "glorified shortcuts" thing is a pretty accurate picture of the situation

Quality argument yourself, illiterate. Now if you'd read as far as the second part of that very same sentence, you'll see where I explain the mindset I'm referring to. I think it's then obvious how that relates to Windows users, and also how it relates to you in the same way.
I know reading is hard for you, but please give this a try.

firejail bridges this gap.

If I wanted Chrome's interface, I would use Chrome. Why the fuck does FireSJW think this is what people want?

They've fucked up so much in the last 2-3 years it's not even funny anymore, it's just sad at this point.

Which is why last month I abandoned it for Cyberfox on any Wangblows machines. Palemoon is too far behind anymore to be a serious alternative.

Memes aside, what does it actually lack currently as compared to Firefox?

Seamonkey is compatible with a lot more add-ons, very up to date, and it won't be normiefied because it's too nerdy.

Nothing. It's actually leading firefox in terms of security vulnerabilities closed and HTML5 standard compliance. It of course goes without saying that it has always completely stumped firefox in terms of usability and especially security beyond that, what with the lack of built-in botnet and DRM.

Get a job.

His point is that you've got two browsers, both do exactly the same thing (render HTML/CSS/JS according to spec), the difference is one of them is an order of magnitude faster than the other. You can say "get a job", "get a better computer", etc, but those don't change the fact that the laptop HAS ENOUGH POWER TO RUN WEBSITES SMOOTHLY if it's not bogged down by an inefficient browser. Upgrading hardware which is good enough for the task, just to compensate for inefficient software, is pretty retarded.

No, Kaz Hirai. I don't want your $599 bluepill browser.

Ew, no. Thjat is everything I DON'T want from a goddamn web browser, or essentially any application. To hell with non-standard interfaces. I absolutely demand a title bar, a menu bar, everything following the operating system's HIG to the letter!

That's not how technology works, kiddo.

Literally what the guy was saying is that there are existing browsers which absolutely thrash Firefox in performance

Why upgrade hardware just to power bloat?

Don't bother trying to reason with SJWs. They're unable to perceive reality correctly.

SJW infested kikehole, no thinks, botnet is better than that cancer.

Get a job.

Why don't you actually contribute to the discussion instead of just shitposting?

Indeed they will. Take a look to recent numbers!

Minus 1% market share. They are getting closer and closer to beat Chrome with exactly becoming like Chrome. Mozilla are true visionary developers!

Greatest (dis)respect for such "brilliancy" !
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.drwindows.de/content/10242-browser-betriebssysteme-windows-10-legt-mai-kraeftig.html&edit-text=