God tier movie thread

American Psycho

Alien ressurection. Movie before cuckalization of America.

If you don't mind Shakespearean dialogue, you'd probably really enjoy pic-related.

currently watching

how different is it from the play?

I thought it perfectly captured the essence, and so it was akin to a really good translation of a poem.

Very dark. Very intense.

What

It's pretty good

What the fuck is wrong with you?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

(((500))) Days Of Summer

no suggestions of your own user?

furry

The Thing is in my top 20. Not a fan of any of the others.

I've posted this a few times in the past, and it's somewhat related to this thread…

When I was at university myself and two housemates conducted a serious investigation into what the best dvd to watch with a girl was if you wanted her to fuck you.

Long story short the best film for this by some margin (out of ones we tested) was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
From memory, some other strong options were American Beauty, Pans Labyrinth and Little Miss Sunshine.

One of these days I'll have to dig up the spreadsheets and post all the findings on here for everyone's benefit but I can't be arsed right now

For all intents and purposes, that's a pretty accurate list. I'd also add pic-related.

What? why?

what were your parameters?

If you can't get a girl to fuck after watching American Psycho, she obviously wasn't that interested

I had a nightmare about that movie

Not user, but that film usually produces maximum tears, and this causes the female to enter a vulnerable state if mind; at which point, the male can then proceed to take advantage of the female's vulnerability and mate with her.

kike propaganda

10/10

you don't have to be a kike to make kike propaganda

one of my bro's just sent me a quick pic of the overall results after tweaking the names for privacy - he has everything still saved so I should be able to get it all and post an in depth version at some point

some points to highlight with the data for reference:

f film?

I could think of about 100 films that would be more suitable than some of the shitty films on that list.

It probably stands for "favorite", in which case their taste in film is kek-worthy.

Found you

pretty much

like i said, it' what we had at the time that we were able to get people to watch, we've all developed our film preferences quite a bit since then… we did this starting in about 2008 ffs
and yes, dune isn't the best film ever made, but it was pretty funny making teenage girls watch it with hindsight

don't dox me mang plz

Yeah, I had a good laugh about that.

Since you're older now, you'll have to step it up to something like Sweet Movie; although as I was typing this, I realized that would actually be a perfect film to watch with a girl.

sadly we're all boring in our old age and dont really do this sort of thing anymore, you should take on our mantle and finish whatvwas begun if you can be arsed to

I heard from "E" recently when he proudly told me that he watched Lolita with a girl on one of their first dates and achieved success - which is pretty mental… He thought it was hilarious… So maybe he would het back into it with a little prompting.

I'm 32, son.

Also, link-related.

it's not perfect but is fun

too heavy handed of a message

not to sound cliche but Titanic is a fucking solid choice too

who's fucking bright ideas were those.
Though in your defenses I once watched Army of Darkness with a girl.
was right bout titanic

Fucking bitch.

Oh shit, I just realised that the letters are you guys, not the individual girls you and your buddy are trying to bone.

I think if this chart proves anything it is that E is the only one that knows how to get a girl into bed.

Gladiator
Blue Velvet
Happiness

That is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Definitely top 10 comedies

Synecdoche, New York
The Raid Redemption
The Raid 2: Berandal

Mine are by genre.
Horror: The Shining (Kubrick)
Western: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Leone)
Sci-fi: Aliens (Cameron)
Crime: Carlito's Way (Palma)
Action: Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Cameron)

8.5/10

Alien was far superior, and I DO NOT know why so many people like the 2nd better – the script, the acting, the sets, the cinematography of the first… EVERYTHING was better.

Now the 2nd Terminator on the other hand…

Well in my case at least, what makes Aliens more appealing than Alien is the fact that it has a larger cast, in a larger environment, with a larger population of Xenomorphs to contend with, plus the fact that the Humans are also pitted against each-other. There's just more things going on in the sequel.
I think Scott is a better director than Cameron, but that's due to his versatility. Scott can do horror, sci-fi, crime drama, and arthouse, but I think when it comes to a very specific arena of sci-fi and action, Cameron beats him.

yeah scope has always been a big thing for me.

ALL IS WHAT I THINK

Yeah, I'm guessing that sums it up for most people who think Aliens was better.

Personally, i think Alien was one of the greatest films of all time; whereas Aliens was much less sophisticated, and more geared towards the Sci-Fi crowd. In fact, if I remember correctly, Ridley Scott said is was the closest he's ever come to a perfect film.

That last bit surprises me. I would have thought he'd pick Blade Runner (another movie that was sold partly on its grand scale).

tAKE THE RED PILL

RIDE EM COWBOY!!!!

I thought the same thing when I heard him say it (I think it was on the Alien Blu-ray special features).

YES!

One of my all time favorites and so fantastically filmed/acted.

Not to mention another winner from Kubrick, the greatest director of all time.

Kubrick is basically the Bach of film; there isn't a respectable filmmaker who mentions his name with anything but total reverence.

Hear hear!

kk

shutup tripfag fag fag

Origin of "I came."

You'll never believe me because you'll never even watch it, but I swear this was one of the best comedies I've seen in recent years.

Citizen Kane

Ah, I get it. Its cause the fascist are bad guys like in every other medium where they appear, except for movies etc made by fascists themselves. Stay mad I guess, its a fantastic fucking film.

samefag

Worst film ever made. Period. 0/10

Did you actually see it?

needs a bigger sample size. Each person has a reoccurring pattern of success that implies that the person is better looking or knows how to make girls want to have sex with him.

Survey is biased and useless

it had barely any humor in it, outside it was pretty fucking disgusting hell a queef fucking joke is the first joke in the movie, the joke I truely laughed at was the dean flipping the bird and telling them to get out. other wise it fucking dragged fucking on till hour into the movie I couldn't stand it anymore

Hi, my name is Jamal Johnson.

I have access to 3 popular VPN services, one of which allows me access to 5 other VPN services. Most of them are popular on here.

I plan to spam Holla Forums by bumping old threads and generally ruining the quality of the board until every single VPN is banned. I won't stop until 8/b/ becomes 4/b/.

Remember to check the timestamps of each thread that you decide to post in. Chances are, it has been dead for days and you don't realize it because my spam was deleted, and the thread is still on page 1.

Have a nice day.

I watched it, or at least tried to. got through 20 minutes and had to skim the rest, just a complete absence of any decent jokes or plot.

Also every man in the thing is either a coward or an idiot, or both. It's a reeking pile of leftist garbage.

Absolute rubbish.

There's two kinds of people my friend. Those with good taste in movies, and you.

so do your own survey assclown

I love that film with the actor guy in it… you know? He was in that other film?

Why can't we just have decently written movies with strong make and female characters?

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy

ive heard its good isit true?

yessssssss LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

Don't get me wrong, I love STALKER. But I liked Solaris better.

It took me a few hours to recover after watching it, but it was an incredible horror film.

You mean shit tier movie thread?

Seven Samurai
The Paper
Dr. Strangelove
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Big Sleep
Master & Commander
They Live
Die Hard
Boogie Nights
Tremors
L.A. Confidential
Blade Runner
Aliens
Sicario
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Ghost Dog
The Holy Mountain
Predator
The Godfather (parts I and II)
Deliverance
North by Northwest
Full Metal Jacket
Children of Men
The Raid: Redemption
.Rec
Patton
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Reservoir Dogs
Desperado

Seconded. There were points where I simply could not look at the screen. And that is tremendously rare for me.

ghost dog is shitty as fuck. the only memorable part is when his driving at night listening to killah priest

Something that makes Aliens so visceral for me is that it comes down to a duel between two mothers fighting to protect their children. (This is much more clear in the director's cut when you learn that Ripley had a daughter who is now dead, making her 'adoption' of Newt more connected with her character).

You know, I saw that when I was pretty young and just starting to be aware of movies as an artform. I haven't watched it in probably 15 years and my memory of it may be through rose-colored glasses.

Oh jesus I left out Drive.

Will always be a majorly favorite movie of mine.

Peter Weller is underrated as hell in this movie.

what the fuck did i just watch?