Is up

Is up
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wander-Over-Yonder-Season-2/Episode-34-35?id=70621

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wander-Over-Yonder-Season-2/Episode-38-39?id=70779
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That second episode was a goldmine of reaction images.

Why does the first thing I thought of was that this wa the gost of Hater's buddy?

I feel bad that this show is ending, these episodes were great and it sucks we'll never see characters like Ripof again she was a great parody of Ripley and dark and edgy characters.

Now this is giving me serious Fawful Flashbacks.

But yeah after the last batch of pretty meh to bleh episodes, these two did remind me why I liked this show.

Forgetting why you liked a show because a bad batch.
Isn't Holla Forums reactive?

Sure mate, he's the reactive one.

Well also a pretty large period of time between episodes as well.

Well? We're waiting.

heres your reaction images you lazy knucklehead

Fifth.

Fifth

Fifth

Third.

I actually really dug the "creepy" music in the second episode.

Agreed. Love me some accordions.

on a scale of 1-10, how dead are woy threads here?

i want to talk about the show but Holla Forums on 4chan is full of crybabies

Sadly I would say about on the 2 end.

Not enough waifus, or 2deep4u worldbuilding to sustain a audience these days sadly.

8ch is dead.

4chan is for intelligent discussion, 8ch is for shitposting on a dead site.

I think you mean "4chan is for shitposting with thousands of people, Holla Forums is for shitposting with hundreds."

thanks webmanon

New episode up!

They have a literal fucking basement dwelling fat collector named "Neckbeard", who refers to himself as "the Wizard".

What a time to be alive.

The neckbeard episode was fucking gold, quite right.

Just look at this guy.

Too bad the rest of the ep was a bit sloppy

I sincerely hope they bring him back in future episodes.

I just remembered the show only has 10 more days left.

Fuck.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to see Wander as anything other than an obnoxious child, especially after The Sick Day.

Kind of wish they didn't confirm the immortal theory, even if it was for a gag

who says he's immortal? he could just be like a turtle and live for an insanely long time

I couldn't think of a better word for "impossibly ageless"

and I wish they hadn't immediately contradicted that a few episodes later when they showed Wander turning into an old man in just a few decades

There was no evidence of immortality. He was from another galaxy so all of the planets of THAT galaxy aligned within just five years of them aligning for another galaxy.

Continuity is here folks.

But man Wander is a Jackass. It just feels like he does it for self gratification at this point.

Just be thankful for what we got. Apparently Wander would've been much more obnoxious in that episode's original idea.

Early on in the series we had a loose idea for an episode called The Molt. The idea was that every so often Zbornaks have to shed their skin like a snake. The process is annoying and uncomfortable and Sylvia just wanted to be left alone during this period but Wander being Wander tried to make the experience more pleasant much to her growing frustration. Every time we walked through the story we couldn’t find the funny, it really felt like Wander was being really unsympathetic to Sylvia’s plight.

Ignoring the staff members' handwaves/justifications….

the creators said he was just wearing a fake beard and acting old for Sylvia probably to keep her from knowing he'll outlive her

Did anyone find it weird that Wander was morally just in what he did to the bitties? I guess it worked out in the end but he seemed really forceful at the start that they almost started a religious war over him ala That Simpsons/ South Park/ Twilight Zone ruling small people episode. It was all for that speech against the neckbeard about thinking he knows better than everyone and what's good for them but Wander was doing that himself in this episode. He shipped those two bitties for his own reason. I wonder if given enough time, Wander could turned into a goody two-shoes villain that forces his good unto others for a one-off episode and Hater would turn Hero to right the wrongs of Good Overlord Wander.

Season 2 has been weird with morals of the episodes and new characters introductions. Some of its best and worst episodes are appearing this late in the final season. I wanted it to last longer but with how inconsistent season 2 is, it might be better if it ends here. This mixed direction would likely ruin season 3 in retrospect if they continue after Dominator. End on a high note.

so you're saying that he showed shades of Screwball?

They did something similar in The Helper where Wander kept trying to help people who didn't actually need it. They paint Wander as being obsessed with helping people more for the sake of his own moral image than for the benefit of others. He always seems deeply disturbed/in denial when faced with the fact that some people are just better off without him. I might be reading a bit too into it, but that seems like the kind of thing that could lead to a darker side if given a chance.

Did they do anything like that with Wilt from Foster's? That show had surprisingly a bit of a mean streak.

What stopped him from just buying the bitty world in the first place?

If the moral is awareness is always better than ignorance I can kind of see it.

He might have some underlying fear of things falling apart without him, or he had a strict parent that made him feel worthless if he wasn't helping somehow. There's definitely some mental issues if his drive to help holds veto power over Sylvia's direct orders.

he probably didn't know it was for sale

Found this lovely gem.

wew

I think there was a line right at the beginning of the episode where the wizard said the bitty world wasn't for sale too.

Its just what gets too me is how superficial wanders help is. He is willing to "Help" but the second he wants something he gets it.

This reminds me of that Gumball Episode about how Gumball wants to help somebody to an extreme extent.

Except there it was portrayed that Gumball was a selfish egomaniac.

I just know plenty of "Kind" people that are only kind in the most superficial way. Its even beginning to remind me of Steven Universe.

Your right Im sorry that was out of line for me.

Only one more week left Holla Forums are you ready for the finale?

no

New episode's up
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wander-Over-Yonder-Season-2/Episode-38-39?id=70779

weaknes of the Edgy villianess is a tiny flower

i guess its ok, i suppose

Does the pollen depower her or something?

Daily reminder that one of the staff said in a tumblr post that sylvia is a feminist, and that this is a tumblrtoon

This is weak fucking bait user, please go back to Reddit and kill yourself.

It's hay fever and it really fucking sucks. The sneezing is just the start of it- you get nasty headaches and itchy eyes and you can barely see or breathe. The point is that, beneath her tech, Dominator is still mortal and, for that matter, fairly fragile.

On the flip side, that gives me an idea for a totally pain in the ass pacifist hippy Druid character for my next campaign.

That's what makes his character so great IMO, because too many times we see good guy characters who are generic and want to save the world for no real reason other than the plot says so.

Deep down Wander cares more about adventure and discovery than he does saving an entire galaxy, his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

How come they completely dropped wander's hat

And dominator a qt

Even her robot had a midriff.

You forget (or maybe you're just too young to remember) that people were joking about neckbeard shutins in movies and on TV shows before the internet became more widely used.
Basement dwellers have been around for awhile.

Is there a torrent with all of season 2 so far?

You're retarded(or maybe you're just too young to remember) but that never happened

I think the point was she has weaknesses, but not necessarily only one

Man I didn't even bother watching the Giant Robot episode because I just knew a robot war wouldn't happen and instead Dominator would come out on top.

Watcha, Dominator came out on top, Wander refused to do anything. Wander is also the worst kind of Sycophant who becomes utterly dislikable by this point. Fuck him and his righteous ass.

He would rather everybody suffer, rather then soil his perfect hands. I lose all sympathy for him. Fuck him.

Like just fuck this. Im just beginning to see fucking beta politics in this. "No matter how shit gets, no matter how many people are hurt, never retribute violence back because of your beliefs (Get somebody to do it for you instead). Even if everybody in the galaxy suffers and dies. Just fuck them. Your beliefs are what matters more and everything will turn out alright in the end."

Like with Hater his innocent act is cute. But with a real bad guy, this whole premise falls apart. Because even if with magic somehow all the planets are restored, everybody still lost so much in the process.

Yes I am bitter that we didn't get to see a robot fight.

I've gotten increasingly frustrated this whole season watching Sylvia going around actually trying to save the galaxy, while Wander inevitably fucks everything up for the sake of his moral superiority. She probably could've stopped Dominator on her own if she didn't have to babysit Wander. It's even more frustrating when you realize that they're going to end the season and series with some deus ex machina to let Wander defeat Dominator HIS way i.e. without having to get his hands dirty like The Last Airbender. I realize they've been hammering in the "do the right thing and everything will turn out fine" message since S1, but that kind of thing doesn't really go well with a super edgy villain who wants to blow up the galaxy for teh lulz.

His behavior works with a conqueror since, you know, they don't actually want to destroy everything. They just want to rule.

You can channel those urges into more peaceful methods and, especially when they're as powerful as Major Hatred, create a great deal of good for a huge number of people.

Wander just isn't equipped to handle Dominator- he can't wrap his mind around someone who just wants to see the galaxy burn.

Robot fight should totally have happened. Instead of Wander crippling them, he could have just hindered them somewhat, his reluctance manifesting as slower reactions and imperfect maneuvers. Dominator would have won, but her ship could have escaped, battered and barely functional. It'd be a blow against her since she'd have to at least repair it.

Hater did nothing wrong and at this point I'm convinced the finale is going to have him smoke her ass.

The smart thing to do would be to let Hater take her down. They've shown that he's STRONGER than her one on one, even with the mecha-suit. The only reason he lost is because he got lovestruck. He's massively durable, huge and imposing, and even if he's not much for hand to hand he can shoot bolts of lightning for 6d6 damage.

ok mr. unironically watches potato head tumblrtoons. Maybe it is you that should go back to tumblreddit and kill yourself.

It's officially attained buzzword status for "cartoon I don't like."

Wah, wah someone likes a cartoon that I don't like!

Yep, just another day on Holla Forums.

Or any cartoon with basic circles and googly eyes

So every cartoon, including anime?

I agree, then Wanders Pacifism would be true because he CAN defeat her, but Hater changes to not want to just wreck her. But that would require not to bow to cuckism (I can't believe I find myself using this term).

But just wander is such a superficial "Nice Guy" (Can't believe I'm using that term either).

It's weird to say but he is a self centered character. A person who doesn't understand other people because he is only centered on how he alone thinks.

He thinks that people need help. They say no. He does it anyway because again, self centered. This is why he isn't "Curious" but self centered. He wants to touch a ball,

Man since the last episode takes place on the last planet in the galaxy here are the places that Dominator has destroyed (Unless thats the last planet):

Amusement Park Planet that Wander "Saved" from Dominator
The Living planet (Janet) from season 1
Every single planet Wander has saved from destruction from Hater
Home planet of the Cube of Darkness.

So yay. Things that completely destroy the base premise because the writers want to push their villain sue.

But what really gets to me about Wander is that he is always alright with somebody else doing the force. When Sylvia assaults people (To save him) he never stops her. Whenever she blows up something of Haters because it would cause him harm he is OK with that. Like Sylvia isn't doing anything wrong, but that just shows how shallow of an ideology he holds.

It's not like him letting Sylvia eat meat?

I'm not sure what the point is but it is indeed similar. But him being a Vegetarian isn't consistent either. He definitely isn't a vegan.

He is just more of a "Out of sight, out of mind" pacifist.

You know he's just going to find a way to redeem Dominator like he has for everyone else. There's going to be some big "suspense" but in the end love will conquer all and everyone holds hands, flowers and rainbows, etc.

I want to believe they have something more surprising planned but from watching the rest of the show I can tell that's not going to be the case.

I don't mind though. It is still just a kids show in the end, even if it is a pretty entertaining one.

I guess that's all it could really be. I just hoped it could be more clever then that.

Man where do all of the good writers go?

I hope somebody bops that schmuck in the dingy

A satisfying conclusion would be to have Wander fail to redeem Dominator and have Hater step in and pound her ship to scrap and beat her into submission. Instead of finishing her, he then spares her, much to her confusion and bewilderment. She flees as a broken woman and Hater saves the day.

On the other hand, I think you're being too harsh on Wander given his track record. His methodology worked on Major Hatred, redeemed the Black Cube of Darkness, and has defanged innumerable small time villains. It's even shown to be working on Hater. The main problem, is that it only works on people who have something to redeem- Dominator really doesn't.

The real problem with the latter half of Season 2 is not enough screen time for Hater. He only got one episode since My Fair Hatey which shows his character development- he needed more if his redemption arc is believable.

Who cares?

Meh tv show.

Who is Tony Luke? What did they do?

You honestly can't argue, with a straight face, that Wander Over Yonder is the CalArts Potatohead.

Of the main cast, Wander shares proportions with a Muppet, Sylvia is Yoshi crossed with Snoopy, and Hater has an articulated skeleton with a heavy jaw and small eyes. Peepers is the only one with a round head, but his head is just an eyeball.

kill yourself. and it's not about the potato head, it's about the constant subminimal feminist messages. watch The Hot Shot / The Night Out with your brain on and tell me there's no sjw influence.

getting tired of your meme replies tbh

As somebody who mostly likes Wander over Yonder the Femminist touch on the show is undeniable. Its simply true. The amount varies per episode but it's definitely there.

Im not harsh on wanders methodology. I'm harsh on his hypocrisy and horrible morality.

And yes not enough Hater.

And you just proved my point with your "meme reply".

I'm a different user. I didn't post the bait.

Just because I believe that this show has undeniable feminist influences doesn't mean anything else.

I'm really not sure what to expect from the finale.

It looks a bit much to expect Dominator to actually get killed, even if none of the other characters do it. The show has also so far framed her as not redeemable like Hater is, so Wander doing his thing and getting through to her would come off as a copout even if not doing that leads to Wander looking ineffectual.

I'm worried the finale will end dissapointing.

do you even know what a "meme reply" is nigger? You genuinely sound like a fucking retard.

You seem to be forcing a meme with your repetitive, shallow commentary

kek, look who's fucking talking
and that's not what a meme reply is dipshit.

Sorry I don't have the energy or time to thoroughly explain to you you're just spamming "CALARTS SJW CUCK" everywhere

I think I just met an actual tumblrtard on this board.

Faggot

So obviously you're not from here. How about you fuck off to from where you came? Reddit? Tumblr? halfchan Holla Forums?

I've been here a long time, so I guess that gives me the right to shitpost "Holla Forums GET OUT" over and over

Except that's not what I'm doing

at least I wont have to see this shit anymore once the show's over

I know, all these cancerous retards not seeing the obvious feminist influence throughout the show, or at least the second season.

He could be talking about you, dude

I know, fucking gynocentrists.
I bet they run around sniffing sweaty vaginas.

Like how Sylvia's species name is a reference to Golden Girls which is one of the best sitcoms ever made and I'll fight any of you faggots who says otherwise?

Is it an issue if I can see the feminist influence in stuff like the episode with the Medieval Fantasy spoof, but it doesn't raise my eyebrow since it's been more or less lowkey if not tongue-in-cheek? It helps that as far as I know Craig McCracken isn't too into the SJW scene.

trips checked

iirc, that was more because they were on disney than anything

it's like gravity falls doing the spoof of the jonas brothers

Still, it was tongue-in-cheek.