GTX 1080 and 4K resolution

So it seems the GTX 1080 is going to be able to support up to 8K, but how many monitors can it support at that resolution at the same time?

4 of those seems insane.

Also, how do you even connect it if 2560x1600 is the cut off for DVI and HDMI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QF6a9NvCk5c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Technical_specifications
youtu.be/VQou5h0Zh2k?t=334
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

smoke signals

marketing bullshit

marketing bullshit

whynot?

whynot?

1200p
1080p
perfect, the hero we needed

seriously who is dumb enough to bite into the 4k+ meme ?

2 posts in and the poorfags already start pouring in.

Anyone wanting to say goodbye to fontconfig's shittiness (>4K in 24").

I bet you fucked up your system with every single infinality "tweak" you could find and couldn't understand why it looks just as eye-rapingly bad as Windows XP.

I bet it's either DisplayPort or some proprietary HDMI "extension" that somehow fucks the quality

Once you go 4k you'll never go back.

I can't wait to get my new GTX 1080 I pre-ordered to go with my 4K monitor so I can play new games at a silky smooth 40fps!

DisplayPort

meanwhile at Holla Forums

I for one prefer performance over gwaaaaphics, don't really care how shit the game looks as long as it's not nauseating.

youtube.com/watch?v=QF6a9NvCk5c

that's some badass toons. what track is that?

I don't know what I'm talking about: the post

if it can't even run modern games at 60fps, I'll wait for the 1100 series or AMD's new cards.

glad you did not use meme arrows, so your post is in fact correct and not a citation

vid related

Not going to look good until 10-bit colour depth is made standard on consumer hardware.

HARMFUL

10-bit
you mean the meme technology made by weaboos for weaboos so they can watch their animoos in MUH ULTRA QUALITY?

Nes Silver surfer from Tim follin.

No, he means the technology made by engineers from TV manufacturers for cinema buffs so they can watch movies with a color palette more akin to film. Weaboos wouldn´t even know the difference. Stop projecting.

*pooring

ISHYG aren't being serious

So is GTX1080 the best thing since sliced bread?

Too bad Holla Forums has only three people who know what they're talking about, would be nice to have something that isn't 'MAH ESS JAY DUBYA' and 'I just entered community college please help'

If the game doesn't hit a solid framerate on target hardware, the developer has fucked up.

Thing about going over 1080 is that UI design usually doesn't so lots of your programs will look pixeallted shit even if you have hidpi shit enabled and it wont register mouse clicks properly in some programs because the hidpi shit likes to fuck with things like that.

What is SLI

And you call yourself a Holla Forums user. Disgusting. Maybe if you didn't circlejerk about linux distros and stallmemes all day, you'd know a thing or two.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Technical_specifications

Hey look, a poorfag!

wew

Hey look, another poorfag!

That is literally not a problem at all. Same thing happened when resolutions got above 1024x768 and guess what? Software adapted and made better scalable UI that works with high res. It will happen again.

I forgot to mention it happened when resolutions got above 640x480 and 320x200 as well.

Should I buy this or wait for AMD?

Keep in mind I've been on integrated for 5 years waiting for the right card

Might as well wait until AMD releases Polaris
Or at least get the cheaper 1070 comes out
ass

Yes wait for AMD

Then just to be sure wait for NVIDIA's next release before buying :^)

Use your brain and think for once.

I ought to make it my personal mission to get a 1440p monitor, shouldn't I?

Haha this is gold, my name is Billy
and I want to make a good computer but then I keep remembering that modern games a shit

yes, just for best looking, i could give a shit less about performance when you have 4 of them

So he shouldn't wait for NVIDIA's inferior next release but just buy from AMD the superior company.

Good advice for once.

Don't fucking buy this shit now, wait to see AMD's offering (nearly guaranteed price drop) or wait for GTX 1080 Ti which will offer a better price/performance ratio.

And when's AMD's offering coming out? Some time June?

And is a TI really needed when 99.9% of the people are on 1440p or below

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're being announced at Computex this week.

From a dollar/FPS standpoint, if you have the money for a GTX 1080, you might as well save the little bit extra for the Ti or just get a GTX 1070. (Though, this is also assuming nvidia follows the same pricing structure as the 9-series)

Just realized that chart needs a little more context (like what it's an average of), so this is where I got it from
youtu.be/VQou5h0Zh2k?t=334

Honestly, by the time 1080 doesn't do it for you the extra frames of TI probably won't do either.

Then again as you said if someone has the money for 1080 why the fuck not.

I just want a card that can run games in 1440p that doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Pascals' DX12 and Vulkan is broken, it doesn't matter if you have a Ti or not. It's going to be a giant piece of shit within a year.

No goy, you're just using an outdated hardware!

Where are the hardware reviews? It's been available for like a week.

Then again seeing as how no one seemed to catch 3.5+.5 I dont know what good reviews are.

Made me kek, very nice.

This, or the 1080 Titan?

Still a response, you fell for the b8 m8.

Man this site is dead

1070 when?

When they stop milking goys with the 1080

Fucking Nvidia fanbois. Even Reddit knows enough to (usually) recommend people wait for AMDs GPU offerings. You fuckbois are on the same tier as Youtube commenters. FFS.

(Not even a butthurt AMD fanboi, I'm on an Intel/Nvidia build right now but plan on building a Polaris/Zen build in the future if they live up to the hype)

No it doesn't, it says everything you need to know: spending over $120 on a graphics card is retarded.

There's a rumor floating around Nvidia gave review sites a 61 page "guide" on how to make GTX 1080 look as good as possible.

And, you can't trust review sites. They have to suck Nvidia's ass because they need early review samples so they can have their reviews ready for launch. Nvidia is the company that brings in clicks too, so they have a big advantage over AMD.

If a site does something Nvidia doesn't like, they don't get early review samples. They have to buy the card at launch like everyone else, then spend some time reviewing it. They completely miss the launch hype with their reviews.

TweakTown got cut off from Nvidia. It's happened before.

It was already announced.

Fuck off faggot.

okay kid

okay 'kid'

LMAO @ people who were selling their 980Ti at discount prices

4k gaming is still a fucking pipe dream if you are not willing to spend $3 - 4 k on a system

it will be like that for a long time

the 4k gaming monitors are around $700 alone

I've been using default fonts and shit for 10 years on Linux and never had a problem visually.

sage for /g/ thread