Think they'll be affordable?

Think they'll be affordable?

archive.is/JrEUe

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/56538/how-to-remotely-control-your-pc-even-when-it-crashes/
libreboot.org/faq/#intel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They have to be if they want to compete with Intel. Too bad I probably won't buy it, since Vishera is their last lineup without total botnet.

Christ, I'm on techfrag reading about Zen cpus to see if the release date has been delayed and this shit gets thrown in my face. Unbelievable.

Time use a word filter; insane or mentally ill should do the trick.

Replace it with "fart fart fart".

triggered

I agree. AMD processors can't get out of the stigma of being a cheap alternative. It would be pointless to advertise them as high quality stuff and ask for a premium.

I am truly interested, especially because October is the perfect time for me to look into a desktop and not fund InTelAviv

I think you're underestimating the capabilities of sites like Toms/ET/WCCF being impressed with a product to sway the desire of a skiddy or gaymur to buy a product.

I have heard their psp processor isnt networked,meaning you need physical access to mess around with it, while the intel botnet has full wireless and can be activated from a distance

Well, in his defense, it's still not going to be running free microcode. That being said, show me a modern AMD64 processor with free microcode.

Not wireless, 3G.

Is there anything other than those loongsun chips that's fully free from the manufacturer?

SPARC

AMD has announced they're going to have 6 core Zen CPUs at a minimum. The rest will be taken care of with Excavator APUs for 2016, maybe 2017. Then after that comes Zen APUs.

A high end APU goes for $150 right now, and that's going to be AMD's best "quad core" CPU. If 6 core Zen costs as much as Intel, it'll mean AMD has no products available between $150 and the $389 5820k 6 core Intel.

That basically would mean Zen would have no CPUs available in the mid range, where everyone buys Intel quad with and without HT in mainstream sockets. That'd be suicide, I can't imagine AMD doing that.

There's two ways I see it playing out. Either the AM4 Excavator APUs are so good they compete with Intel quad cores well enough to warrant $250+ for them, or Zen 6 cores come in cheap and fill in that market segment. But my point is that there's no way AMD will have zero CPUs or APUs available to buy in the $150 to $389 price range.

I'd also expect that AMD would want volume and ot move a lot of CPUs. They need market share, badly. And they have a wafer supply agreement with Global Foundaries. Basically, if AMD doesn't ship enough chips made at Global Foundaries, AMD has to pay a fee to Global Foundaries. So it's actually in AMD's interests to sell more chips at lower profit margins than a few chips at higher margins.

I expect cheapest Zen 6 core at $299, with some APUs close to $199. Then Zen 8 core around $599.

Truth is Intel is making a fucking killing on their CPUs right now. The prices should come down on everything. Intel is scared enough of Zen to release a 10 core CPU so they don't lose their precious halo product.

You really do sound like transgenderism triggers you, holy shit

Can you provide proof, or just speculation? I've literally never seen evidence for this, not once

howtogeek.com/56538/how-to-remotely-control-your-pc-even-when-it-crashes/

doesn't mention 3G or even wifi.

To me this looks just like a regular ol' VNC server, except you can work outside the OS.

I have trouble believing this would work on anything but Ethernet (again, outside the OS) because neither BIOS nor the Intel AMT itself include the (often proprietary) drivers for all adapter hardware.

As for 3G, my dumbphone loses signal when wrapped in 1/10mm aluminum foil. I imagine the same is true of a aluminum or steel PC case, especially if you're talking about an on-die 3G antenna shadowed by a heatsink.

Exactly. Anytime you hear someone talk about a 3g chip in a secondary processor you know it's probably AMD shilling, because it would be a feat of engineering

The Intel lovers are the ones who came up with the 3g bullshit, best I can remember. They were essentially strawmanning the argument, saying "lol look at these AMD pleebs claiming there's a 3g radio in Intel shit."

There absolutely is remote execution capabilities built into Intel hardware, though, as advertised by Intel itself.

I've heard the idea from libreboot and why it doesn't support Intel CPUs.
libreboot.org/faq/#intel

However there's also a section for AMD, so this whole deal with Zen doesn't leave me very excited.

You actually need a 3G module to use it, there's no 3G antenna in the CPU.
Doesn't make it less botnet, though.

I read they'll have a 4 core Zen released. what's your sauce?

lmao

AMD should target open source and Holla Forums audience. That doesn't mean they have to "be" open source, that just means they have to be less jewish than Intel and focus purely on the processor. Have no botnets or extra bullshit attached to it, and declare this fact clearly and openly.

fucking that, it hurts me on more levels than just this physical one to know that AMD finally does something nice again and turns it 100% botnet, probably time to buy two devices, one for gameswith GPU passthrough+animu and one for browsing

Shilling aside, does anyone know if the new Zen will be supporting Windows 7 and common linux distros (xubuntu, SUSE)?

I'm pretty sure you can run any OS on it. You just have to make sure your BIOS is compatible and the interface to your HDD is compatible.

I've come across some systems that just won't accept anything other than Windows 8.1 or 10. I would do my research before purchasing any CPU/motherboard combination and check for OS compatibility beforehand.

That would be Secure Boot m8, which has nothing to do with the processor itself and can be disabled in UEFI settings, even if it can't many Linux distros can work fine with it

of course it will. it's a cpu, not a gpu.

He said it can't run Windows 7. Why are you assuming it's Secureboot?

'muh "research"' indeed.

Thanks m8s. Hopefully AMD keeps being relatively consumer-friendly

They'll be shit

Oy vey, bad goyim! How dare you not enjoy your mandatory propaganda!

>>>/israel/

See the white paper. It is possible to use AMT remotely. But I do not think it is in the consumer series, only the Xeons. But Intel does have the technology to use out of band administrative tools remotely over the internet.

I looked and I can't find the source. But there is only going to be one Zen CPU die, and it's going to have 8 cores.

I don't remember where I read it, I might be wrong. But if there's only one die with 8 cores, for a quad to be viable, half of the cores would end up disabled. I realize they do this already with Piledriver/Vishera, but we'll have to see.

Quad core Zen would cannibalize APU sales as well, possibly. And AMD wants people on APUs so there's an install base for HSA enabled system.

Great memes I am watching filthy frank and laughing my ass off this post.

I've tried every setting possible in the BIOS in that regard. It was more about me not being able to slipstream the drivers into the Windows 7 installer.

I haven't tried to install any linux distro on it yet. And since the computer is for someone computer stupid; I just installed Windows 10 on it and rolled in them dollars.

But almost everyone not on Holla Forums likes everything to be integrated and supports the idea of Internet Of Shity Things. Also the only thing that is usually cared about is "will this work out of the box, with not setup from me and no need to play an expensive installer".

Does anyone else think Microsoft will try to gimp Windows 7 on the new AMD chips like they did with Skylake?

I know my OS won't be.

Just say no to the botnet.

What socket will Zen be? Will it be supporting ddr4 or ddr3?

There's already an install base for the HSA system they hyped the first time around and then failed to deliver the software for.

Amd64

AM4 , DDR4

Were you born this retarded or did you get lucky with a shotgun?