Wine

Who seriously likes wine? I am under the impression that no one truly likes it, they just drink it to maintain an image.

I like wine but i'm exceptionally picky about them, i prefer french and german ones.

While I'm sure some people legitimately love it I know for a fact some people just pretend too to seem more cultured.
One of my past bosses was a bogan / redneck that got very rich and his wife decided they should act like there were rich. This involved joining a golf club, buying a race horse and building and filling a wine cellar despite the fact he didn't like any of these things.
He only did it because it was "how to act rich" and it would stop his wife bitching at him for being a bogan (despite the fact he was a bogan when they meet).
The strangest thing was he studied wine like a highschool student studies a subject they hate, he read the books and memorized enough to sound fancy in-front of his wives friends but admitted quietly that he didn't understand any of it and still couldn't tell the difference between a $500 bottle and a $5 bottle (other than the hangover).

You obviously haven't tasted different kinds of wines. There are so plenty of different flavors. If you taste the cheap shit they give at graduation ceremonies of course you're gonna think wine is disgusting.

I like to cook with it.

Wine is really easy to drink. Like REALLY easy. Like Mikes Hard Lemonade easy.

That's why people like it.

this
there's way more variety to wine than there is to beer. you can find some that you like. the cheap/plebeian shit is often sickly sweet and fucks up your stomach
the price inflation and fashion in wine makes beer fetishists look downright reasonable though, most people who plunk down $100 plus on a bottle don't know what the fuck they're doing

different people have different taste perception, some people really can tell the difference. the book knowledge is not as important as the experiential knowledge, what your friend did is like a tone-deaf person studying music

I like wine, and I make it

my favorite kind is a blend that I make with cranberries

I like it
I drink it alone
When nobody's watching.

Checked

Bad wine is terrible. It'll make your stomach all sick, give you horrible migraine, and give you a mean drunk.

Good wine is excellent. You can easily find a great bottle for under $20 if you learn how to spot them.

For reds, there are carmeneres and malbecs all over the place these days. Whites you can get a good sauvignon blanc or white bordeaux if you look around.

My suggestion, don't go for blends.

wine is not bad. however, there's no real difference between wines from different countries, different grapes etc.

all those expert wine tasters are full of shit. in blind tests they can't even tell the difference between red and white wine

I enjoy wine more then any other beverage but a cheap chardonnay will make anyone gag.

That's stupid. Anyone can tell the difference from a chardonnay and a Shiraz by smell alone after on their second time trying it. Likewise anyone can tell the difference between a ~$5 bottle, a ~$20 bottle and a ~$50 bottle but the difference between say a ~$50 Shiraz and $800 bottle of Grange has been proven somewhat bullshit in blind tests with experienced tasters.

alcohol with anything tastes like shit. All of u faggots start drinking at 13 years old and act tough, so that your peers like u. U get used to it. Like indigenous indians in africa get used to baked, tasteless bananas.

STRAIGHT EDGE 4 LYFE

says a drunkard

pure it's even worse. what's a man to do?

wut

Richfag here (Dad was a richfag). I wrote a paper on Cabernet Sauvingon in the 5th grade, and I've been enjoying wine since I was around that age.

My childhood home had a wine cellar and we'd always have wine with dinner, and so I'm not sure if I just acquired a taste for it, or if I've always genuinely liked it – I think it's more the latter.

Of course there are a lot of people who drink wine to project a certain air of sophistication tho.

not drink it

Kek

suggestion for good wines under $20?

Yeah, neckbeards and yuppies are the main offenders.

Even though I grew up drinking really good wine, I still prefer Budweiser kek

Smoking Loon Cabernet
Black Box Malbec

These are my go-to's for casual occasions.

I've had the black box. I was pleasantly surprised.

One of my favorites under $20 is Mark West Pinot Noir.

retsina masterrace here

I've had that before, although I can't remember if I liked it or not.

Generally speaking, the only wines I'll get that are over $20 are Bordeaux and a good Napa Cabernet like Duckhorn. Other than that, I usually prefer drinking shitty beer.

Mah nigga.

Ridge Zinfandel is worth the $40-$50 that it costs. I forget which. Zinfandel in general is going to run you more than $20 for anything that you wouldn't just abandon for a >$20 anything.

Other than that, I agree. I have to say though, and I'm talking as someone who even likes Fosters, that Budweiser is like drinking water with a dab of alcohol in it.

I'll have to try that sometime.

Kek. Are you American? The craft beers are always too heavy for me, and since I drink way too much every day, it usually sits too heavy in my stomach. Also, I do really enjoy the taste for some reason, but only if it's bottled.

A non american liking budweiser? are you in the middle east or something?

Underage fag here. I make mead, its hard to make it taste good, and it takes a lot of time to age. That said, if I had to throw a keg party, didn't have access to lots of beer, and had half a year to plan, I could fill the order with bread yeast, a fuckton of honey, a bag of lemons, nutmeg, and some ornamental evergreen berries.

No, I'm American.

Also, apparently the Japs and the Chinese really like da Bud; in fact, Anheuser-Busch just make a big trade deal with the Chinese.

MAAAHAAAAAAAGH THE FRENCH