FUCKING NIGHTMARES

Recurring ones, specifically. When I was a kid, I had one where I was attending a funeral and the angry soul of the deceased came out of the grave in the form of a fiery demon. Like a floating orb. Another was where my house had been flooded (the upstairs too, somehow) and a great white shark was stalking me and my sister. I couldn't swim fast enough to flee. It never caught me but that sense of moving too slow was awful.

That is another recurring theme in my dreams. Not being able to move fast enough to doge things, or throw a punch with any force behind it.

Tell me your nightmares or just generally distressing dreams.

I had land shark dreams as a kid. Instead of flooding, the shark just acted as if the ground was water and cut through the ground with its fin. I used to watch Jaws a lot. Once I had a dream that a shark was in our attic.

I also had recurring dreams about Dracula, until I eventually killed him by exploding him with eye lasers and never had another vampire dream again.

Demons/graves/the living-dead signify incomplete failures you have yet to deal with from your past.
Sharks signify your fear of cancer in your blood/semen.

Sharks signify your fear of cancer in your blood/semen. Being 'in your attic' signifies that you fear that you are mad/have brain cancer.

Demons/graves/the living-dead signify incomplete failures you have yet to deal with from your past.

This life is a nightmare I pray everyday to wake up from.

This world has become so hazy and rambling.

Details shift, obscure, and outright change as they do in dreams.

But perhaps the hope of a better waking world is better than actually waking and finding the world lacking.

Had one that was particularly disturbing for days onward.
In the dream I had a kind of brain parasite, like a worm that was eating me from the inside. I could even feel the open hole on the top on my head. I somehow got the cure to get rid of this stuff, but had to get to a doctor. I went there and told the nurse it was an emergency and I just needed the doctor to put some liquid drops in the hole at the top of my head, but she politely told me to fuck off and to wait in the queue. In the meantime, the hole healed itself, and I could feel the scar tissue with my fingertips. I also knew that with each passing second, my brain was being eaten away, and was left to ponder which bodily function or mental ability I was going to lose.
It was a rare case of a dream where tactile feelings and body awareness were almost omnipresent.

I had a nightmare which just involved me walking through a whole lot of nothingness and a weird black cloud that sort of looked like ink was surrounding me.
There where very obviously figures in the black mist, and the silhouettes looked very human.
I was unnerved to say the least, but when they all started moving towards me, and when one finally got close enough to touch me, I woke up screaming/yelling.
Woke up everyone in the house.

i honestly can't remember the lasts nightmare i had

One I had when I was really young that basically ruined the relationship I had with my father for my life, I was 7, I was in a giant crib in the middle of my living room, in the other room all I hear is my father laughing maniacally it lasts for what seems like hours, I would wake up crying

Here is crazy one I had recently. So I am at the airport waiting for my uber to take me home. ( I recently got back from vacation, so this dream was eerily realistic. I dreamed the airport perfectly, right down to annoyingly bad drivers at the pick up.) My best friend is with me, she's arguing phone about something. A car pulls up. I quickly throw my luggage in the trunk and get in. I leave the door open waiting for my friend. The car speeds forward causing the door to shut. I scream at him to stop. The driver ignores me and keeps accelerating.

I am panicking, hyperventilating. I reach into my backpack and pull out my hand gun. This is when I am starting question the dream. I never carry I think. Why do I have it now? Dream fear conquers my waking rationality. I pull out the gun and cock it at the back at driver head. I tell him to pull over. He doesn't. He's laughing and I am too scared to pull the trigger. All the cars pass by like blurs, hooking their horns. We're going to crash I think. That's when I realized it's not car horns. I recognize these sounds. It's the Bojack theme. I wake up feeling like shit. It's 2am. I change my alarm clock back to Drown - 花たん, and I get ready for work.

Every time I sleep, I have the same dream. I'm in the cellar and the light flickers like it was about to go out, the radio is on with 60s classics playing when the door starts to open slowly. I try my best to either hide, get something to defend myself with or close the door, but no matter what I do, a burnt man with barbed wire wrapped around his mangled body stumbles into the cellar and crawls around on the floor, wheezing and wailing. Sometimes I manage to hide until he crawls back outside and wake up, but usually he spots me and I have to flee. When I go out, the door doesn't lead out of the basement onto the backyard like it does in real life, but instead into a tunnel. The burnt man pulls himself up on his feet and starts running after me, shaking and stumbling or even falling down and crawling back up, but he keeps getting closer and closer. Often, I can outrun him and the tunnel branches off into multiple narrow corridors that I can hide in, but eventually he will find me and rush after me and I have to keep going into tighter and tighter tunnels until I get stuck and have no choice but to wait for him. When he does get to me, I wake up covered in sweat and can't move — I get sleep paralysis, which is basically what happens when you wake up but your body is still asleep — and there's an androgynous figure standing naked at the door, but I can't make out any features because it's too dark. It can last up to ten minutes, but every minute feels like forever when I stare at the clock and try to understand what the thing is whispering; I can never make out what it's saying. When I finally fall back to sleep, I snap awake almost immediately.

Wow… that's really messed up… you need some professional psychiatric help NOW!

I do have a psychologist that I can talk to whenever I need to if I get too stressed over work — (criminal) pathopsychology stuff; I don't usually get physically involved in any active investigations and rarely visit crime scenes, but talking to delusional individuals can still be stressful even if they haven't committed any spectacularly gruesome crimes. Nightmares can't hurt me, so they aren't a priority. It does scare me when I have them, but there isn't really anything I can do about it.

I get nightmares all the fucking time. especially when I'm hungover. I can't sleep because I start hallucinating. I also can't sleep with my armpits open whether im hungover or not, since every time I put my arms in the back of my head like a pillow and my armpits are exposed the moment i fall to sleep i wake up because i can actually feel a fucking finger come up my bed and poke my fucking pits, I'm not even tickelish and that actually fucking hurts. I wake up with pain.

It sounds retarded but that shit actually happens. I'm plagued with sleep paralysis, I'm used to it now, I mean can see some real creepy shit and not be able to move but that fucking armpit shit really fucking gets to me. I'd rather hear whispering and shadows all over my room than too feel those fucking pokes, It's like a fucking hook grabbing me.

i dont get nightmares
the "worst" dreams ive had occur on days im overworked and trying to sleep while knowing i have urgent things to finish - i usually just get that feeling like i need to wake up but its like 3 am so i do - once awake i usually eat and can get then get some rest if theres still a few hours to sleep

cant say much about nightmares except that it must be suck to have bad experiences in the time when your minds supposed to be showing you shit that cant or hasnt yet happened in the waking world

Checked

I've had recurring nightmares about being possessed by a shadow person.

Here's one.

You niggers aren't too neckbeard to understand that one third of sleep paralysis cases are actually attempted possession, right? It's usually not demonic, but there's always the chance that it is. To make sure it's not, you can try glossolalia, just let your mind wander and try to say whatever feels "right". You most likely can only whisper. If the "shadow person" starts whispering back, and it sounds like the same language or you can even understand it, it quite likely is a demon.

And what is exactly wrong with that? If you believe your holy book, the large majority of us are going to hell anyway. Added to that, you are on Holla Forums.

Same, but with me it's more attacked. Have had it since i was a kid, it usually involves looking at darkness in the dream for long periods of time. For example, looking down a dark hallway in which all you see is darkness, then you get anxious and fearful, then it attacks you.

>>>/32/
Educate yourselves a bit

Yes, there is always that sense dread whenever it shows up, its like it exudes an aura of fear.

what's happening to me?

You're infected by memes, you should sop posting for awhile.

is it terminal doc?

I guess you could say there are… spooked.

You have 22 months of shitposting left.

>>>Holla Forums

say it isn't so doc!
will Bateman take over my body?

What of it faggot?

had a dream fucked up dream only a couple of nights ago where I was in this really big old house, and I somehow was dimly aware that it was hell

all the doors were shut, and I was going along opening them and looking in

one of the rooms was a guy in a bath watching tv static, who turned to face me and shook his head when I opened the door

another room had a kid playing with about a million pieces of lego all of which were blue, the kid also shook their head at me

found an empty room and went inside, all that was in there was a pen and lots of blank lined paper. started writing, thinking I would write an autobiography, and as soon as I wrote something that wasn't 100% true to cast myself in a favourable light a video of what I was writing about was projected onto the wall I was facing

instantly had a jolt of anguish thinking that I would either have to write all the most awful things I had done in life, or be forced to watch myself do them

woke up,im not religious and I don't believe in an afterlife, but that shook me up a bit

you should have said "there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory…"

Well, are you seeing doubles?

I'm not seeing doubles but lately I have been obsessing over skin care.

Have you felt compelled to listen to Huey Lewis and the news lately?

I put it in my phone so I could listen to it on the go, not even being ironic.

Uh oh, this is pretty serious. What does this picture look like to you?

bateman checking your repeating digits of couse

Oh dear, and how about this one? Are you seeing fours too?

Trips

>>>/death/

nice

off by 2