So with the latest version of Firefox Beta, this has started appearing whenever you try copying from the address bar

So with the latest version of Firefox Beta, this has started appearing whenever you try copying from the address bar.

From a security standpoint, I cannot see how this could possibly go wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Introducing Firefox Social Justice, the first browser based solution to curbing problematic thoughts!

If Firefox Social Justice detects you are about to make a post criticizing progressive ideals, it will automatically delete your text and scour your browsing history and hard disk for incriminating data to forward to SJW social media experts who will try to get you fired!

If I don't use firefox then what should I use

all the firefox forks do NOT have the critical addons I need and Chromium is built from botnet.

Seamonkey doesn't support the add-ons you need? I thought it was compatible with just about all of them.

>I thought it was compatible with just about all of them

Chrome(ium) is starting to look like a more and more viable alternative each and every firefox update.

Which is so very sad.

it is your loss

Fuck off, Google shill

Fuck off, SJW.

you are the SJW here

Alrighty then.

sorry rabbi

There's a chromium patchset that removes all the tracking features leftover from chrome. The mindset "YOU ARE A SHILL, FUCK OFF" doesn't help anyone achieve any goal, it just makes you look like a retard and makes the board look like special school

I use Pale Moon for addon compatability and SeaMonkey for Unity games (via Pipelight).

I assume you've personally reviewed this patchset and can personally assure us over the internet that is no longer contains botnet?

another browser thread

Nope, you display all the traits of a SJW. Single-track mind, lack of ability to use reason or logic, cult hatred toward opposing ideas, delusions of superiority.

This post isn't even for you (because you're too brain damaged to ever Get It), but to warn others.

Once Edge gets webm/addon support, I'll probably move to it full time.

Nopes. You are the SJW.

pic related

This seems like a thread where I can introduce GNU icecat
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Is it better than Pale Moon?

In my experience Seamonky > Icecat > Palememe in terms of stability and add-on compatibility.

Are you serious? In mid 2016 their browser can't even play webm? As in it's not even able to watch videos on Wikipedia, the 7th most popular website on the internet?

I had to look it up and it's coming this summer during the anniversary update.

In my experience (not the user you're replying to), I've never had an issue with Pale Moon. The issue was always due to shitty websites and flash just being a POS like usual. I don't understand how anyone here apparently has all of these issues, yet I've not had a single one. I really don't get how everyone else has issues.

And yes, I've used PM on a variety of different devices, both running GNU/Linux and Windows. Even on Android as well.

I assume you've personally reviewed this chrome/chromium and can personally assure us over the internet that it is somehow botnet?

K-meleon

We did it, we saved FireFox! We're back to 50% market share tomorrow!

Security is putting everything on the suspicious side when in doubt, not the other way around.

yeah guy you have to prove software is not safe. Head on over to kazaa and start downloading .exe files, you can't prove they're a virus :^)

FF has just got worse and worse, I think i'm finally going t oswitch to chromium... but then isn't chromium worse than FF? i don't fucking care anymore

It still phones home to Google,[9] and for some time, snuck in a binary blob for voice recognition whenever you started it up.[7] This has been removed by the project maintainers,[8] but it should raise some concern over what else could be lurking in the code. However, if you absolutely must use a Chrom* based browser, Iridium would be the best choice, as it is a FLOSS fork of Chromium stripped of as many botnet features as possible.

>>8ch.net/tech/chrome.html

You know, the FAQ thread exists for a reason ,right? Also, Firefox is the best browser out right now. This may not always be true, but currently, it's the only FOSS browser, not Blink based, that also respects your privacy. Time and time again, Chromium and other meme browsers (Brave, Vivaldi) have proven that they don't respect your freedom. Go back to Google, shill.

|
|>
|
|

Iridium phones home to Iridiums website

Brave better not be shit. We had more viable options for browsers in the DOS era than we do now.

What the fuck.

All these jews track you watch out!!! I'm banned on #twistedtwitter but they wont find me!!!

always use Pale Moon!!!

"You may need to complete some additional tasks".

This message will self destruct in 30 seconds.

Don't think.
Don't code.
Consume Mozilla Firefox®

JUST

Optional.

No longer relevant.

And yet FireFox and its forks are somehow innocent of all wrong doings? What happened to "innocent until proven guilty", anyways? The "anti-privacy" features you nuts complain about are just there because the layman internet user doesn't understand safety on the web, and needs someone to hold his hand. Competent people disable those features.

So this is fine, but not the suggested patchset that effectively does the same thing?

>8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
Except for the two Chrome (not Chromium) features, all the complaints are optional.

Anyone here use IceCat? How is the add-on compatibility?

The compatibility is pretty good. Only a couple things that don't work. My problem is that it seems slower than regular FF and it has some issues with dark GTK themes where you can't see the text on some sites.

:^)

I had this problem for a long time, too. Icecat has gotten a bit faster than it was before (IIRC there was some sort of bug with hardware acceleration affecting the ESR builds that made them slow as hell), and now vanilla Firefox has gotten so slow from all of the bloat that, for me at least, Icecat seems faster.
I get this issue with both vanilla Firefox and Icecat.

The real question is why the fuck would I want to do this? Why is mozilla spending so much time and money developing things no one asked for and hardly anyone is going to use.

Strange I don't see this in my Gnu icecat ( ° ʖ °)

The downward spiral. All the real engineering talent has left for Google or Google-based browsers; all that remains is warning-colored animals.

I hate how Firefox has been including addons as features to the root program.

Don't you know? Unless it's a very specific scope shilled discussion about generic linux distros or an obese bearded man that eats his own foot it's not allowed to be discussed on the technology board.

just fuck ur shit up m8

I very much enjoy using Qupzilla sometimes, but I feel really bare browsing without Noscript, or at least some kind of equivalent.