Why does Nautilus need Geoclue?

Why does Nautilus need Geoclue?
A file manager has no need to know where I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/nautilus-git/
obsession.se/gentoo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you have anything to hide, goy?

N- No Master Shlomo!
I'm j-just worried it might take up bandwidth I need to play Overwatch and legally download Holocaust literature, uh... Sir.

I'm looking at git version of Nautilus aur.archlinux.org/packages/nautilus-git/

Dependencies (14) dconf desktop-file-utils exempi glib2-git gnome-desktop gnome-icon-theme (adwaita-icon-theme-git, gnome2-icon-theme) gtk3-git gvfs (gvfs-nosystemd) libexif libnotify (libnotify-gtk2, libnotify-id, libnotify-id-git) libtracker-sparql git (git-git) (make) gobject-introspection (gobject-introspection-git) (make) intltool (make)

I ain't see geoclue dependency. If you suspicious about it than use something else. Nautilus is a shity file manager anyway.

Yeah, I uninstalled Geoclue anyway. Nautilus still works.
What file manager would you recommend?

What distro?
Install Gentoo and disable the useflag.

Nemo or Thunar

Debian.

I already had Thunar but it stopped recognizing the USB ports for some reason. I'll give Nemo a try.

if you mean auto mount functionality, then you need to configure your thunar properly.

1. open Thunar
2. hit edit->preferences
3. Checked "Enable Volume Management"
4. Hit "Configure"
5. Checked "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged"
6. Insert the drive.
then you get a libnotify message and see the device mounted under the "DEVICES" list in the panel at the left of the window.

if that doesnt work, then your thunar needs udevil package for auto mount to work

Nope. Did all of that and it's still not showing up at all. If I right-click DEVICES it shows the file system and the CD drive, but never any removable media.
Nemo and Nautilus have no problem noticing the USB ports so it is obviously a problem with Thunar.

Actually I just opened Thunar and it's displaying the USB now. I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore...

I think I figured it out...
Thunar for some reason only recognises devices after they have been mounted. Before I would get a transparent icon I could use to mount the device. Now the [MOUNT]/[UNMOUNT] and [EJECT] buttons have been replaced with simply [DISCONNECT] and the transparent icon has dissappeared.

Acceptable file managers:
PCManFM
Thunar

All others are either less customizable or bloated turds.

pcmanfm or spacemanfm
or even thunar is better than nautilus

pcmanfm for simple management

krusader for everything else, i really like these dual pane managers.

another vote for pcmanfm

Dolphin, it's got everything.

Pcmanfm, or Dolphin if you don't care about bloat.

M-x dired

Install Gentoo
obsession.se/gentoo/

Remind me of that Windows ffmpeg GUI with 10000 buttons.

kernel scrollbars escalation attack.

3/10. Could do better.

The only applicable ones are spacefm and pcmanfm for gui. mc and ranger for cli.