Tfw /sci/ is dead

Does Holla Forums into amateur astronomy? What telescopes are you guys using? What are your favorite locations for viewing? Ever seen anything weird?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldwidetelescope.org/openwwt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Used to be into that, seeing the moon's craters up super close was pretty sweet.

We managed to get a decent view of some mountains on the Moon last night with a shitty spotting scope. My wife had never seen it before and almost shit her pants.

I still check /sci/ for posts every couple days. I wish I had more to talk about.

sucks that /sci/ is dead. I'll start lurking again though, who knows.

I used to have telescope. Was pretty dank, could enter numbers into and it'd point at certain celestial bodies.. Got stolen unfortunately though, but one of my friends parent's have their own private observatory. I've always wanted to take shrooms and spend the night there.

Sounds like an awesome time. I've always wanted one of those remote telescopes you can control from a laptop and leave it somewhere safe 24/7. It would be fun to just be able to have a script running that takes pictures at different intervals and then SFTP in every now and again to see what all it got.

I may repost there later. Maybe it's not too dead.

>>>/sci/

Dobsonian master race here.

Meade reflector here... I can get a decent look at Saturn where the rings are distinct. I want to try astrophotography but I'm usually drunk when it's dark out.

You ain't the master of shit unless you've got an equatorial mount to go with it. Alt-Az is for plebs.

I've wanted to, but I have no equipment for it.
Sad to hear about boards dying out.

Alt-Az is fine unless you want to get into astrophotography.

CONFIRMED PLEB

Shit isn't Mars supposed to be really close to Earth or some shit? Am I too late to take my D3200 out and do some Astrophotography?

We looked at it a few days ago. It was pretty unremarkable. When the average distance is 225 million miles, A MILLION LEL XD SCIUNCE NURDZ! miles doesn't really make that much of a difference.

oy vey shut it down this isn't linux or stallmeme

this, but the smog was from commodores, banter, and shitposting.

is there a good RAMPS firmware to control telescope mounts?

Is this what you're talking about?

worldwidetelescope.org/openwwt/

Losmandy G11 equatorial mount + ES 152mm refractor. Celestron 80mm spotting scope and 70mm binoculars.

I don't have any favorite locations, but seeing conditions are marginal at my house so I will usually go to a dark sky site unless I'm looking at a relatively bright object.

Seeing conditions are marginal at my house so I usually

go somewhere out in the country.
sage for samefag