download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.2.tar.bz2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

git

This one never gets old.

none

command line is all you need

git clients are 100% bloat

git in the terminal

I only use svn at work, but I don't need a graphical client.

I'm so sorry. I heard that Helium is totally painless way to kill yourself. You don't need to suffer anymore my friend.

git is bloat

"Bloat" does not even approach describing the level of enormousness that git has accrued. We're talking GNU levels.

Linux is bloat

tig is nice

git/tig/magit

gitk is the only GUI client that doesn't suck

Just the command line utility that comes in the Gentoo package. I'm completely ignorant if there are different implementations of Git. Sometimes, I use the UI in the web application if I'm already looking at it.

Why would I want to use a GUI for Git? That's like spilling all the features of Git on the table and then trying to make sense out of it. It's a total mess. With the CLI I can just have what I need at the moment and completely ignore the rest. Not to mention that the CLI interfaces with other Unix programs, so instead of writing commit messages or reading diffs in a shitty editor I can just use Vim or Emacs or whatever.

Learning the CLI take a little more work upfront, but it really pays off in the long run. I also have the Fugitive plugin for Vim installed, but that's not a real client, it's more like a wrapper that interfaces between Git and Vim so I don't have to leave my editor.
github.com/tpope/vim-fugitive
There is also Magit for Emacs (it has a Vim port as well), but that's too close to a client for my taste.

gitk's useful for complex merges, otherwise I just use git.

git gud

Try vim-gitgutter, it shows the differences from current HEAD in your editor.

Try vim-gitgutter, it shows the differences from current HEAD in your editor.
KRIPPLEKIKE PLS

Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose

git clone,
git push,
git pull,
git the fuck out

git

>>>/g/4525

I use KDevelop or command-line Git.

git

Sometimes I diff using an IDE though.

Everything above kernel level is essentially bloat.

Learn to Enterprise, you fucking intern.

Only above?

daily reminder that every jewtel CPU made in the past decade has a hardware RSA crypto engine solely for the microcode DRM

Have a look at how many files are in the driver's directory of the mainline linux kernel source.
also this,

It's bloat all the way down.

Git. But I do get advantage of IntelliJ IDEA adding files automatically and occasionally use a vim-fugitive command or two.

This is the greatest post, and I'm not sure why.

>

Bad example, this is a case where user-friendly clients aren't bloat.

Official client with custom shortcuts ala. svn (eg. g ci > git commit), and Github for browsing and branch visualization

Well your dad did.

My team uses the GitFlow workflow. For that I like to use SmartGit.

In my own projects, when I usually only have one or two branches, I just use git on the command line

TortoiseSVN

fite me faggot

/thread

i'm posting this using pure electrons

for a while I used gitkraken

#!/bin/bash#made for linux mint 17.2#Opens a new terminal and runs the sript#changes directory to ~/Downloads so that it does not download to dropbox folder#grants permission for install at runtime so you do not have to wait for the download to finish#downloads the git kraken install file#installs git Kraken#moves the .deb file to the trash to reduce clutter and allow you to keep the file#notifies the user that the script is done#makes the script wait for a keypress before closing[ $# = 0 ] && exec gnome-terminal -e "bash -- '${0//\'/\'\\\\\'\'}' --no-term"cd ~/Downloads || exitpwdsudo -vwget release.gitkraken.com/linux/gitkraken-amd64.debsudo dpkg -i gitkraken-amd64.debgvfs-trash gitkraken-amd64.debecho run script completeread -n 1 -s

but I realized I hate using git and have no real use for it at this time because I do a lot of little stuff I don't care to upload so instead I made an owncloud server so I can just sync my laptop with the rest of my computers when I get home

#!/bin/bash#made with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS#run as root first#sets a static IP for the server, make sure to change the IPs to match your needs and that the device name is correct, "enp0s3" is for VMs and "eth0" is for real machines, run nano /etc/network/interfaces to check if you don't knowsed -i '$d' /etc/network/interfacescat /etc/network/interfacesiface enp0s3 inet staticaddress 192.168.1.77netmask 255.255.255.0gateway 192.168.1.1EOF#downloads nessicary software for the serverapt-get -y update && apt-get -y upgrade && apt-get -yV install apache2 mysql-server php7.0 php7.0-curl php7.0-gd php7.0-intl php-imagick php7.0-json php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-mysql php7.0-xml php7.0-zip libapache2-mod-php7.0#Downloads and installs the softwarecd ~ && wget download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.2.tar.bz2 && tar vxjf owncloud-9.0.2.tar.bz2 && cp -r owncloud /var/www/html && cp -r owncloud /var/www/html && chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/owncloud/#writes in and links together some important filestouch /etc/apache2/sites-available/owncloud.conf && ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/owncloud.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/owncloud.conf && cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/owncloud.confServerAdmin [email protected] /var/www/html/owncloud/ServerName your-domain.comServerAlias www.your-domain.comOptions FollowSymLinksAllowOverride AllOrder allow,denyallow from allErrorLog /var/log/apache2/your-domain.com-error_logCustomLog /var/log/apache2/your-domain.com-access_log commonEOF#resets the server for testing to see if it is even upsystemctl restart apache2.service#End Manual Installation, you should be able to see the web client page now at [insert domain/IP here]/owncloud#Creat Database for owncloud#$ cd /var/www/html/owncloud/#$ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:install --database #"mysql" --database-name "owncloud" --database-user "root" --database-pass #"password" --admin-user "admin" --admin-pass "password"#ownCloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available#ownCloud was successfully installedcd /var/www/html/owncloud/ && sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:install --database "mysql" --database-name "owncloud" --database-user "root" --database-pass "Carbon12.011" --admin-user "admin" --admin-pass "Carbon12.011"#the followign command allows access to the web client by accessign the IP domain, cannot be run before the database is createdsed -i "/ 0 => 'localhost',/a\\ 1 => '192.168.1.77'," /var/www/html/owncloud/config/config.phpsystemctl restart apache2.serviceclear; echo 'The server is now ready'; echo 'Type "192.168.1.77/owncloud" into your browser address bar to access the web app'; echo 'Then log in with the username and password'; echo 'now would be a good time to write them down'; echo ''; echo 'Username: admin'; echo 'Password: Carbon12.011'; echo ''; echo 'Press Enter to finish' ;read -n 1 -s

the server script I really just copy over ssh

also I tried sparkle share but never got the linux client installed and did not like how the 1.1 package ran into errors with the 1.5 server and was hitting walls getting the 1.5 client set up so I just hammered through the walls for setting up owncloud and I like it much better anyway

Terminal is the only choice, all others are below shit tier.

Careful with that edge
>>>/gaschamber/