What makes people buy apples products

i see thats apple products was a high quality with big ideas products like ipod and ipad and iphone and imac but now The company has become a meaningful profit in the first place and trying to achieve the highest amount the user can spend When making the products become less upgrapable and make users spend much on gadgets and adapters now what make you buy it it very over priced

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Audio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Pro
youtube.com/watch?v=wIEyCx7pp_E
youtube.com/watch?v=_pzKf16hhJg
salon.com/2015/12/05/if_you_are_a_jew_you_should_be_very_afraid_of_donald_trump_partner/
haaretz.com/opinion/1.720076
washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/05/16/trumpkins-and-the-jews/
akinokure.blogspot.com/2016/03/trump-shifting-israel-policy-from.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This board is English only.

It basically boils down to homosexuality. Apple is for homos and America supports homosexuality. So Americans buy Apple.

Hmmmmmmm
looks interesting

the widely held and repeated false belief around it that its products are innovative and high quality. Apple is a techno-religion for normies that need to compare Microsoft against something to fill in their white-and-black mental model of the tech world

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

I buy MacBooks Pros because they're my favourite build of laptop. I also like MacOSX and BSD. All there is to it really.

Can we get a board rule against this gibberish shitposting that keeps happening? It's obviously deliberate.

You Have To Go Back, Jose

The only reason I would even consider buying a macbook is two reasons: It's genuine UNIX and If I wanted an emergency backup laptop and didn't want to use windows.

status signalling

Mi nombre est Pedro.

Why do people who understand tech still buy apple products. I get that you need to run xcode to be able to develop for iOS, but why not just run OS X in a VM? That's what I do.

Because OSX does everything they need

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Audio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Pro

the last truly good mac product is the aluminum unibody macbook pro with the ethernet port

Because it's fashionable.

If I invite a client into my studio and they see a mac they would perceive me as modern and hip but if i had a build-corei7-64GB-PCIeSSD-980Ti all they will see is some ugly black box and assume im some third rate designer using second hand equipment.

That's how it is. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

apple products let you do nerdy things without being seen as a nerd

You're not supposed to let anybody look behind the curtain in any technical field.

I'd rather use windows than any UI designed by homosexuals.

Something about the brand and urbanites liking silver aluminum products.

Same reason people buy Mercedes cars despite them being complete garbage or Ferraris when they only have like maybe 2 iconic cars that are worth owning.

Same reason people pay out the ass to live in some rundown Chicago apartment hostile that is labeled as a "historic loft" when for the same price they could buy beachfront property in Louisiana or a small ranch somewhere.

Same reason people pay out the ass for a useless humanities degree at Harvard or Yale when they could get the same useless degree for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

Applefag here. Have an iphone/iwatch/ipad. Now here is what it all boils down to. Are you ready?

Apple products work

iphone

iwatch

ipad

also

i love the thought of poorfags looking down at their piece of shit plastic handset, convincing themselves that they have a decent phone. ==yummy thoughts==

On the other hand: I repair computers for a living. Girl comes in 2 days ago. Macbook Pro problem, can't log in, keyboard types funny. I figure out that the option key is shorted out, always thinks its pressed. Now on any other laptop, this can be fixed with a $30 (retail) / $15 (cost) keyboard, plus some labor ($75 for assholes, $50 cool dudes, $0 for hot girls with a smile). But no, this is a Macbook. Correct Apple procedure is to REPLACE THE ENTIRE FUCKING ALUMINUM UPPER CASE which somes with the keyboard FUCKING RIVETED IN with something like 80 to 100 tiny rivets. Part cost: $200 with shipping. Our retail: $280. Labor: $125, because you have to actually dig out all the guts and put in a new case, tiny ass apple screws and all. And that's the hot girl price. Add another $25 for assholitry and ugly dudes. So $400-$450 plus sales tax (labor taxed too in my state).

So yeah, they just work, until they don't, then repairs are uneconomical and it's time for a new laptop, which is even more uneconomical at apple prices.

In other words it's all about presentation. The new Macbook is nice to hold, thin as fuck and has a great screen, who cares if it only has 2 ports? I've already got an iPhone, and it works great! It doesn't get viruses either, and my old computer had to go to the shop 3 times because of those! I even bought the extended warranty, so if I drop it I can just get a new one!

Normalfags aren't computer fanatics. All they want is a machine that gets out the way and lets them do what they want. Windows doesn't cut it because it slows down over time, and you have to deal with things like drivers and antiviruses. Not to mention the whole "Upgrade to Windows 10!" bullshit which probably broke a lot of computers. They don't know what Linux is, and if you told them they'd probably end up downloading the source from kernel.org. Not to mention how you have to install it yourself, because it doesn't come preinstalled with computers. And when you do that webm related happens.

Apple gives them the option to buy a fancy computer with all the advantages that Linux gives except open source but normalfags don't care about that. They're willing to pay more for that.

As of 2014, the iPhone 5s experienced a literal order of magnitude more dropped calls than any other phone on any other network.
Same as every other phone for the past 10+ years, even basic flip phones that could block calls, tether, and use MMS messaging before the iPhone could.
They hide the startup time behind slow animations for manifesting the UI.
Not according to the tens of thousands of people I've dealt with. Either way, it depends entirely how the phone is configured and used.
Debatable. It's more prone to warranty-voiding events than so-called "cheap plastic boxes".
Sure it does. It's only when you get close that you see it's scuffed metal with the finish wearing off, and a chipped display.

Same as damn near every other smartwatch.
So is a cup holder.
Yes, can't have your Clash of Fruit Birds combo chain interrupted with socialization.
You're stuck on this.
Rather, fixated.

I can surf the web on my 12 year old Nintendo DS.
You sound like a remarkable person.
Considering Samsung makes most mobile device screens, how is this praise? Going to praise Foxconn's soldering job on the mainboard?
Same as damn near every other mobile browser designed around the single finger interface.
Did you experience some awful trauma because of a plastic box?
It can't hurt you anymore. You're an adult now.

No.

enjoy your 9000-year old bash, faggot.

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=wIEyCx7pp_E

then this
youtube.com/watch?v=_pzKf16hhJg

Stop being a homo. There is still time to repent for your sins.

It's hip, dawg. A sign of being rich, affording $1500+ for $400-quality hardware with a fancy light-up logo.

Any cell/smart phone

iwatch

ipad
>>>/suicide/

Be nice user, a plastic box killed his mother.

how about fucking no

Macfag here, I have a seven year old iMac. The difference between a Mac and your average PC is like the difference between a cheap motor bike helmet that's just a knockoff with the minimum of testing to be allowed on the market and one that has actually been designed and refined over time. Sure, they will both get the job done of protecting your skull from getting fractured, but the more expensive one gets all the little things right, it's more comfortable to wear, easier to breathe in, cooler (temperature-wise).

Windows is shit in every regard, the only reason why people use it is either because it came pre-installed with their computers or their software forces them. GNU/Linux is great for a free operating system and beats Windows in every regard. But OS X gets things just right, it is a Unix system with a GUI interface that's really pleasant to work with. I know that you can rice Linux to look like OS X, but it still doesn't work like OS X. You can chop off your dick, get breast implants and put on make-up, but you will never be a woman.

Just recently I was looking for a new keyboard after mine has had suffered water damage. All I wanted was a keyboard that was flat with a thin frame, wired, number block and USB sockets. How fucking hard is it to make a keyboard where I can plug in my mouse instead of having to run an extra wire into my computer? How has no one thought of this before? So of course I couldn't find one and I had to get a used Apple keyboard off ebay. It's the little things that can make a big difference.

With that said, I really don't want my next computer to be a Mac. Apple has progressively been making Macs more shit since I bought mine. For instance, they will keep outdated hardware on the market for way too long. In the past every six months or so a Mac model would get updated to have newer parts so they could keep the price constant. But now they have broken their models in a really retarded way; take for example the iMac: you used to have only one iMac in three or four configurations with some difference like processor, graphics card and screen size. They all got updated at the same time, simple enough. But then they added the iMac Retina without updating any of the previous ones. So if you thought that 1920 x 800 was fine and you didn't want to pay 2000$ for your computer because of pixels you can't see you were stuck with hardware that was way overpriced for its age.

this is what people really believe.

fuck this twisted gay Earth. People without a CS degree or equivalent shouldn't be allowed to use computers

(continuing)

Another thing that pisses me off is the cutting out of hardware features. I really don't give a shit about a few centimeters thickness when it comes to a desktop computer. My iMac is about 3cm thick and has a DVD drive. Newer ones are thinner and don't have one. You know what? I'm willing to sacrifice these three centimeters if it means that I can use my old CD and DVD media. Same for ports, what the fuck is anyone supposed to do with one or two USB ports on a notebook? Are you really that desperate for shaving off a few grams? Speaking of notebooks, what the fuck is the obsession with changing the charger all the time? Speaking of which, repairability has also been getting worse, just look at any iFixIt teardown where Apple hardware keeps getting the worst scores.

Then there is the lock-in. OS X is more or less force to have at least some openness, but iOS is a fucking nightmare where you can't fart without Apple's approval. But even on the Mac everything is run through Apple's services. The reason you can't use CDs and DVDs on your Mac is because Apple wants you to buy shit off iTunes. Developers keep complaining about the App Store, but they keep coming back to it like battered house wives. At least there is no mandatory DRM on it, but the App Store has made me not want to pay for anything because what's the point? I remember paying for iWork years ago when it came on a CD with a nice manual, it felt like someone actually gave a shit. Now you get iWork for free, which brings me to another point: Apple has been basically giving away premium software for free. Of course it's not free when you have to buy an expensive computer to run it, but you get the point. This has effectively made software worthless on OS X and the AppStore is a race to the bottom with only a select few developers making reasonably money. iOS is even worse in that regard.

But even with all that, I still want to use OS X. The bad parts are either in the hardware or limited to new stuff. Ideally I would like to just build a Hackintosh and be done with it. It seems that somewhere along the way Apple has fallen for its marketing and forgotten that it was quality hard- and software that got them to where they are. Laugh all you want at the iPhone, but when you look back at the time it was launched and compared it with the alternatives then, there is no competition. I bought into Apple because I wanted a computer that worked out of the box, had good software and was well built. My first Mac was a MacBook that ran for ten years before the screen began failing and it still worked with an external screen, that was quite amazing.

Green text is already quoting, what the fuck are you doing quoting your quotes?
>"'gay'"

print qq(>"Not nesting different types of quotes within each other");

ny sides

you are welcome

what?
I can install any operating system I want in any computer I want?
Why is that too hard for macfags to understand? Has Apple really convinced macfags that their generic Unix OS compiled by a generic LLVM or GCC code generator back-end for a generic AMD64 instruction set architecture magically results in something that is hand-crafted to go hand-in-hand with their not-so-special-either hardware?

that was not supposed to bear a question mark

>>>/suicide/

How about Dragonfly BSD on ARM? Checkmate, atheists.

he uses posters made by the FSF defectivebydesign.org campaign to defame apple. lol

don't make me bring my GCC compiler in

Go right ahead. I'm sure Dragonfly BSD devs would only welcome it.

Go buy a generic off-the-shelf computer. Now try try finding OS X drivers for its components. That's the reason you can't just turn any PC into a hackintosh. If you want it to just work you have to buy a Mac.

Uh, what? I use the latest version of zsh, or are you too stupid to realise that you can install software on a Mac?

Because Apple used to make cool stuff and they haven't been hit by their impending churn yet.

Threads like this remind me how many posers hang around >>>Holla Forums
Really, holy shit. If you're a professional you rarely get to choose what hardware/software you get to use and it's often a choice between being forced to use Microsoft products or Apple shit. Given that choice I'd take Macs any day. At least that way I can have bash and general BSD goodness. After all the price is immediately irrelevant the second the company I'm working for is paying for the thing.
In the end you're a bunch of ignorant/arrogant twats who've never earned a penny doing this sort of thing or you'd know your precious opinion on the subject means jack shit when you're a professional doing work for someone else.

been a pseudo-macfag for as long as I can remember.
MacOS up until OSX Snow Leopard was a decent OS, the hardware apple was pushing up until the "unibody" macbooks was decent as well.
Something changed around '07-'08 and ever since then things haven't been the same.
they've always been form over function but they have stepped that up to ridiculous degrees in recent years

How's the bait guys?

I was like you once. Female customers would waste my time complaining about stuff that isn't my fault. Example: bringing a laptop back to me and complaining because when they brought it home they couldn't access facebook. They had brought the fucking thing in for replacement hinges after they abused the fucking thing. "Duuurrrrr I bet the hinges are interfering with facebook!" is pretty typical female logic when it comes to technology.

I'm CERTAIN all those females will reward you with sex if you do free repair work for them :^)

ease of use for normies

They have too much money and too modest technical needs for the specifications to matter to them. It's not really hard to understand why they go for the fashionable choice

(can hear your triggered breathing from here)
(guy bashing apple in a coat room/makeshift office. i'd hate to see what kind of machine he's computing on. this envious cunt's rants don't count).
(can hear your triggered breathing from here)

(b. in infoSEc - didn't need it but it made my family happy)

(there are many different professions you know. freelance web work / hardware repair here. some months i have to bologna sandwich it, most months i even out w/good money to save. not everyone is a wageFag who has to choose between what machine they won't have admin privilege's with. Also, you sound like you're in hell. Sorry user.)

calm your tits

You are a fucking idiot. See

Do you ever feel like a plastic box?

All the advantages that something unix-like gives. Linux has a whole lot more. The linux kernel has features like namespaces, KSM, and cgroups which you won't find anywhere else.

drifting through the wind
wanting to start again

Oh, you're a trustfund NEET with no job or responsibilities. Opinion discarded.

fix crapcha pls

I know you're new here so you'd learn this soon enough anyway, but replies go under the number you quote. Not to the right.

Brand nigger

Its the fucking brand

Why you think ALL iphone covers, ALL of them have a tiny hole in the back?

So other people can see the apple logo

Every single faggot who buys apple shit wants other people to see the fucking logo

This is why bitches don't care about you cuck, because you're already a sucker who does shit for free

So that's what your paying for, thermal paste.

Hey look, a kike!

"It's all about presentation"

Shit like this is what has ruined the tech industry. No longer is the industry that was built on measurable improvements being rewarded for quantitative increases. Now it's all some subjective "this is so pretty lol" bullshit. I hold no grudge against products apple, Microsoft, whatever. What I hate is the way the whole sector has become some normalfag sheep herder.

On another note, bait or not you are full of shit. I work as an apple repair technician. Every week I recieve tons of computers from apple and in 90% of cases they are all having "slowing problems" That come from being shit machines. Everyone is always complaining about how slow it is and they think it's some sort of mystical force that is the cause of it.

Like stated before, the tech industry has effectively brainwashed normalfags. You can give a normalfag an apple machine and the last thing they will think is that it's the machine's fault for being slow.

Here is a list of factors I have compiled:

marketing=brainwashing, if you can persuade feminists into thinking that bringing islamic culture into their homes is a gread idea, you can do a lots of things

I've seen your shit riced desktops. They're awful.

0/10 not even convincing

Prove me wrong.

What is burden of proff.

You're the definition of a luser.

Macbook is what happens when you let idiots design computers. It is basically a fashion accessories. Buying a mac is like going into a store which takes >$1000 to run a steel press on your feet. Your feet becomes paper thin and you are in extreme agony, but by some retarded way you look cool.

There are threads at cuckchan's /g/ every hour by somebody to shill macs. You can know that place is fallen when you see trolls and people agreeing with these posts.

It's expensive, shiny and it's a status symbol. You might as well ask why people buy jewelry. It's got nothing to do with functionality or convenience.

So Holla Forums, I need a laptop for photo/video editing, and have a huge budget

Why shouldn't I get a Macbook Pro? What alternatives will give me comparable performance for cheaper and not have shitty build quality?

Well those "idiots" made a design that sells for double it's actual price.

You should first read the Bible and understand that homosexuality is a sin. Read Paul's letters to the Romans. Then you should repent and accept Christ. Then you can search for a computer.

I suggest assembling a PC instead of buying laptops or prebuilts. Make sure to get a good graphics card and put Windows 7 in it (after you have de-botnet it). It will be the best graphics design machine.

You mean the idiots who fail to sell significant number of computers outside the land(s) of faggotry?

Yes. He is referring to the #3 company on the fortune 500

a PC is not going to work, I need to be able to easily take my workstation with me

You mean the company with

Dell XPS 13 or 15. But really the question you should ask is, am I saved? Am I following Christ and rejecting this sinful world?

He said "operating system".

It's the burberry effect

because convenience took over over the technology as the masses flocked. people - including me sometimes - don't want to be buggering around at the command line for hours to make something simple work

the price of this is security, as convenience and security are more often opposites. what's convenient for you is also for thieves, governments, etc. so it's only after snowden we've seen a more priority on security than convenience, among the masses. but apple is the king of convenience, at the price of software freedom, to an extent

Maybe for mactoddlers, but their UI design is absolute crap compared to pre-Metro Windows and linux. The only time I tried an imac I wanted to punch through the screen.

seriously i had a mac for about three years a few years ago, before i sold it. the reason i don't use one now is because it really makes things very easy, and allows you to be oblivious to what's going on. the UI is definitely too heavy, but overall it's a solid OS

no, it's because apple panders to trashy, poorly educated, technically inept morons (for financial reasons of course).

poor people live under the illusion that being able to purchase an piece of overpriced hardware makes you "not a poorfag".

OS9 was the best os ever made ever, there is not a single os to ever come close to the feature set and usability that os9 had
osx is OK
it is probably the best unix like os there is tbh but autists will never admit to it since no one here has ever used osx long term

posted from my macbook

this.
is www.themacuser.org still up?

I used to be an Apple fan, back when the only viable options seemed to be Mac or Windows. It's easy to seem fantastic when the alternative is shit, but the Mac's interface was so good from the very start that no one has caught up with where Apple was before the turn of the goddamn millennium. Trouble is, I can't justify the expense anymore. I don't mind paying a modest premium for quality, but as others have mentioned, Apple's hardware now is just too weak and restrictive for too much money.

they take features that exist (tap-pay functionality in cell phones via simcard) and add them in less efficient ways (apple pay) to justify price hikes then pretend they invented it and try to sue everyone who uses the original version (rarely works) and the only reason it really works is because apple panders to the lowest common denominator like NASCAR, shitty beer and truckstop hookers, they just do it with a shiny coat of paint and charge more for a 2 generation out of date product than a truckstop hooker does for the works

HP has the best laptop designs these days. Spectre 360 and Spectre (new super thin one) are pretty as hell. Other HP laptops are acceptable. They make good use of color (green gaming laptops, yellow android laptop, blue cheapshit laptop), too. They also seem to be relatively Linux friendly - at least, much better than non-thinkpad Lenovo. They're also nice to type on.

The Macbook, the new thin ones, are hell to type on. I went to a store 100% intent on buying one of these flashy things and then walked out with a flashy Lenovo instead, after not even typing "The quick brown" before realizing I'd rather slit my neck with the keyboard than type on it.

'secure' phone, maybe for your grandmother who can't into untrustworthy apps.

The OS is alright.

too much paste

can somebody in this thread explain why every retail store has two full aisles of iphone 6 cases even if they don't carry any apple products?

to me it's a bit of a mystery. I wanted to buy a case for my shit $19.95 android phone and none of the cases were less than twice what I pay for my phone and plan combined

I work at apple

People buy it because it's easy to use and is often the highest quality product in the market.

Macfag here. Though there are a couple of points that enrage me about it (like that anything past 2012 is unmodifiable, or WHERE'S MY FUCKING ETHERNET PORT YOU FAGGOTS) it's still the best Unix OS around (no matter how hard Apple is trying to break that). Wouldn't touch windows botnet with a 10ft pole.

Gnew/Loonix has a shit desktop. Wayland has been in development for how many years and it's still not shipping.

Those are my fucking choices.

nigga he's a fucking designer / artist / or whatever he has to look "hip"

the same thing that makes people buy any fashion product

yes, the mac botnet is much better

literal shill, fuck off. i used apple shit and it's trash

choose one

inb4 mu paper calling it unix

they aren't poorfags

The ultimate irony is his videos are designed like shit. The content doesn't fit the youtube windows (aspect ratio is weird), the overlays are raw, sharp, and unprofessional, and the font style is reminiscent of XP and childishly colored.

The color balance is not adjusted at all, so all his videos have that nasty, unappealing orange tint.

The one thing macshits are great at is good-enough looking media production.

This is why my next machine will probably be a Mac.

I've gone through three high-end Windows machines (above 1 grand, different manufacturers, and high ratings across multiple sites) and every one of them has died out due to some cheap parts failing. Any replacement parts are just as bad but usually worse in quality, and I've done all of the replacements manually (and no accidents while replacing them).

I love Linux but it's not easy to use, not very reliable, and high maintenence.

My Windows machine would blue screen often and the hard drive appeared to be seized up quite often. I found out a month ago that if your username had the string "user" anywhere, these symptoms would happen. Microsoft's official solution? Don't do that.

Remember to collect your 2 Rupees before you /g/o back, Pajeet

I know this is b8, but is it too much to assume that Apple has better than average hardware?

It just works.

How's life, Todd?

Bitch, Linux is easier to use than Windows, far more reliable, and far less of a headache.

Running windows, which you should never do.

Its great in Starbucks
But I prefer Dunkin Donuts because StarShekels is for sneaky salesmen.

Also what happened to using GNU/Linux over Windows.

Look at all of these triggered Macfags

Then don't work in the same place where you receive your clients. I would do that.

Oy, that Drumpf is a vile bigot!

In contrast to running fagOS? Yes, I would.

Yeah, it's not like Jews generally hate his guts or anything.
salon.com/2015/12/05/if_you_are_a_jew_you_should_be_very_afraid_of_donald_trump_partner/
haaretz.com/opinion/1.720076
washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/05/16/trumpkins-and-the-jews/

akinokure.blogspot.com/2016/03/trump-shifting-israel-policy-from.html