Is Toy Story one of the best children's movies of all time?

Is Toy Story one of the best children's movies of all time?
Is Toy Story 3 overrated?

No and yes.

Toy Story 2 is better than the first one.

Toy Story 3 was a nice finish to the trilogy, to bad they're moving forward with a forth one.

They're all overrated. Everything Pixar made is, actually.

No and no.

But it is bad?
Bad=/=overrated

It isnt.

Not every kid loved it.

Toy Story 2 was the best of the three Incredibles was better tho

I loved Toy Story actually. My dad would get sick of it because, as a kid, it's only thing I ever wanted to watch.

Come to think of it. it's the only thing Joss Whedon worked on that I actually like, although apparently he, fortunately, didn't have much to do with it.

Every self important fuck will call stuff overrated, because all they have to say is "Yeah, it's good, but it's not THAT good!"

Where are these from? Image search doesn't work.

Have the edited version where she's smiling?

With love from Holla Forums.

my sides

Yes, along with 2. Both deftly tap into the insecurities of general audiences about things like friendship and emotional attachment. Toys act like real people instead of walking, talking punchlines. Animation was great, too, and I'm delighted they were able to save the story from Jeffrey Katzenberg's retarded suggestions.
Slightly, in that it's not better than 2. I have to commend them for not trying to retread that too far in the 3rd, other than with Lotso's backstory. A great send-off for the smart people at Pixar who all either left or were promoted beyond creative intervention after this film.

Holla Forums just loves hating PIXAR, because Holla Forums full of edgy contrarians who love to hate things just because they're popular, or maybe its autism, I remember growing up the only people I know who didn't like Toy Story were "those kids" who were borderlined special needs but just barely managed to squeeze through the bars and join normal classrooms with everyone else

you know its true

Take your nostalgia glasses off and watch it again, it did not age well at all

I'd have to say if I had to rank it it would by 3>1>2,
2 was definitely the weakest one, it felt more like a direct-to-TV movie than a major release, just an hour long collection of jokes, no real heavy moments or any of that, it was fun sure, but its definitely the weakest TS

It's hard to hate Pixar, but nowadays, especially since Toy Story 3, they've been just another unit of Disney. It's apparent with pictures like Cars 2 and Brave that their best talent has moved on to greener pastures. The same goes for DFA, they've gotten complacent with commercial home runs, but it's apparent they'll never do anything as good as Hunchback or Hercules for quite a while even though they're the people who would get away with that.

Personally, my admiration has shifted to Animal Logic for The Lego Movie, Blue Sky for Peanuts (which really looks like a creative success when you consider that Paul Feig could've fucked it up), and Laika for ParaNorman and The Boxtrolls. Disney is just there, and they're going to need to do better than modernized fairy tale adaptations and comic book characters for my attention, especially in the internet age.

It's not even good from an animation standpoint. It's just there.

Peanuts was really good for having a unique aesthetic but other than that all of Blue Skys movies have been garbage

2 > 3 > 1 >>>>> 4

Its a real fucking shame Dreamworks stopped making traditional animated movie after Pixars early runaway successes while early 2000s Disney movies bombed. It signaled to film makers "Okay, we should ALL be doing CG now!"

And it helps that CG is theoretically cheaper to make than traditional, even with digital ink and pen, you can build simple sets in any modeling program and reuse assets from previous movies and still have it work well, so modern CG movies get over-inflated marketing budgets to guarantee its success, modern theatrical animation has become fucking pop music hit-of-the-week machines now

They bombed because Disney wanted them to. They didn't bother to promote them properly.

So you're telling me it was some conspiracy to convince shareholders that CG was the new big thing and Steve Jobs should sell Pixar to Disney? Because I'd believe it tbh

Yeah, pretty much.

It had good songs, good art direction, appropriate use of computer graphics. Even with some contemporary references and dialogue, it doesn't feel that dated.

I've had doubts about them, what with their attachment to the Ice Age characters and Rio turning out pretty shitty, but that Peanuts movie was a delicate maneuver and they did it a lot better than I would've expected. Epic has also piqued my curiosity, though I won't go out of my way to see it.

Epic had a very lively and interesting world, and everything looked very aesthetically pleasing, the problem was the entire movie was an hour long borefest, Blue Sky just lacks talented writers, didn't the Shulz family work with them for Peanuts?

I'd sooner name Pocahontas as a triumph of animation. The only memorable/good thing about Hercules was James Woods as Hades.

Sparky's son and grandson served as co-writers.. Only two specials have been made over the last ten years. I wish the powers that be would be more protective of what we have already, though. The specials for Christmas and Thanksgiving have no National Film Registry protection and thus keep getting cut back in the name of ads, and Easter is no longer run in favor of The Ten Commandments.

I honestly can't view a Toy Story movie objectively. I watched the first one to the point of being able to quote scenes from heart, and when the second one came out, the thing I wanted most for my birthday was a toolset and sewing kit to fix the dings and tears that my toys had.

When the third one came out, I had moved out of my parent's house to live with a friend at an appartment the next city over. I had put away or given away 99% of my toys and stuffed animals to little kids whose parents I knew. I had completely moved on from action figures and stuffed animals to vidya and online shitposting.

When I sat down in that theatre and watched a movie from the perspective of the toys I had left behind, it tore me up inside. I managed to keep it together until the very end when Andy played with his toys with that little girl and passed them on to her, but remembering how many times I'd done that exact thing caused an overwhelming mixture of joy from the new adventures she'll have with my toys and sadness at how I had let go of them. It was like saying goodbye to my best friend forever because we wanted to do different things with our lives.