Holla Forums, when can I put my brain or mind into a robotic body? I did a reasearch paper on it...

Holla Forums, when can I put my brain or mind into a robotic body? I did a reasearch paper on it, but I wanted to know what latest news you have heard.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2012/04/north_korea_s_2_mb_of_knowledge_taunt_how_many_megabytes_does_the_human_brain_hold_.html
scientificamerican.com/article/c-elegans-connectome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never, kill yourself pony fag

You have shit taste, fag.

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2012/04/north_korea_s_2_mb_of_knowledge_taunt_how_many_megabytes_does_the_human_brain_hold_.html

Right now.

Nigger.
>>>/g/

4/g/ might tolerate ponyfags, but we won't. Kill yourself.

You're new is showing,

Try again without pony.

Who is we? Tech is a scorched Earth shithole now, fuck off.

I fuggin love ponies, never understood the hate for those cute ass cartoons.

I stopped after season three. The whole princess bullshit ruined it. It was a fun little show. I never got why people got so assblasted over finding out people liked it.

Yeah, 3 was going down hill, but 4 and up was a big dose of wtf. They ruined it by catering to tmblr.

Since this thread is nothing but shitposting and circlejerking, it is now a pony thread.

This has to be bait or you are just talking out of your ass. The animation quality is god-tier in some parts. Sure, crap and shortcuts will slip in, but you can't just write off its quality because you don't like the content.

So no ones heard any new news?

I've herd news.

kill yourself

You're not being the best pony you can be!

There was that creepy brain sensor wire a month or two ago, but that's not really what you're talking about.

You start by pulling the trigger of a loaded gun while pointing it at your head. That will inject a port used to upload your consciousness into a robot of your choosing!

Your a likely literally autistic if you believe that. No standards. That's why you like a show made to sell toys to little girls.

I don't watch horsefug cartoons so show me this god-tier stuff.

The ponies are cute, but you're delusional if you think this is god tier animation.

Fuck off you aids infected bastards

we are far from it. it took Nobel laureates 2 decades to just scan pieces of the neural networks of many specimens of the most trivial species and put the pieces together to form a single generic "mind" of a worm (not the mind of a worm that actually existed)

scientificamerican.com/article/c-elegans-connectome/

please be bait

Holla Forums is /furry/ territory. You're in the wrong neighborhood motherfucker.

Fuck, I better get the cryotube ready.

It's good compared to most modern cartoons. But compared to say its 80s counterpart it's bad.
Traditional animation should make a comeback.

Also, >hating furry/pony instead of encouraging them to contribute to Holla Forums...
This isn't SJWchan!

Hell yeah man, I can't stand all this CGI and computer animation plaguing animation, bring back classic hand drawn traditional animation.

I've been saying that for years. It won't happen. Do you know why? Its too expensive these days. Nobody in America is willing to lay out the money to do a traditionally animated show or movie. You still see it in Anime sometimes. The Wind Rises and The Tale Of Princess Kaguya were both 99% traditionally animated, with just a brief scene or two in each where they used CG.

that's because ghibli and miyazaki are super sticklers for old school traditional animation, you dip

you actually see "hand drawn" and "traditional" animation relatively often these days still, it's just that the tools used are for digital art- that doesn't make the art and animation any less hand drawn or digital. of course if you compare it to vector rig animations and tweening you'll see that effectively all anime (sans the couple using a lot of 3dcg like ajin) are still hand drawn by animators for each frame, which is traditional animation

as for western cartoons you have stuff like adventure time and gravity falls which are definitely not cheap modern animation (that is, tweening vectors and rigs) but just more heavily stylized giving it a visual appearance similar to the modern
mlp is a better example of modern animation applied pretty well with traditional work to cover for the tricky bits tweens can't do right, but in terms of technique and effory it doesn't hold a candle to other traditionally animated work (just see any fan animations of mlp (most of which employ the rigs used in the show for walk cycles and everything) which are so popular to make but traditionally animated fan videos for traditionally animated work is much harder to find)

Into the trash you go.

indeed, and it's a bit sad, it's like all cartoons looks like the same.
you can tell just by looking that an animation has been made on Flash or Toonboom which is not different.

traditional tools still have potential but when you see that in the example of >pony, 3/4 of the job is moved in Philippines, where animators are paid less than the average salary here.

there's eight to ten times more people working there, like on a assembly chain on a cartoon than it was required to do something more fussed and artsy in the 1980s, in the US, europe or japan, using traditional animation.
sure, 2D CGI can be useful, syncing the frames and even accelerate a lot of tasks like flashing (nothing to see with Adobe Flash) and digitalizing a cartoon into video straight into the postprod.

modern tech is good on a lot of cases but there's a lot of things that should rely on traditional equipment, which will never really be imitated with software. i kind of know that since i'm into graphic design and had a contract with Futurikon, correcting the storyboards and checking if trolls looks like trolls. it turned out like complete shit.
It's not about not having the technology but considering that technology is meant to be used, not to be dominating everything.

as "hard" as animation looks like, when you compare with how artists made cartoons or animé just a decade ago, you compare the work with cellos and the frames, waterpainted backgrounds and everything with just an .ai file, you cry. i even wonder if the guys who are on the production even really made a simple art school, or care to draw expressions.

correction, it's not even a full mind. the linked article explains what's missing (synaptic strengths, inhibitory-vs-excitatory information and a bunch of chemical information)

This guy gets it. Most frames are still drawn with either a tablet or with pencil, and then cleaned, inked, and colored. However, I'm afraid that tweening is gaining usage, while traditional animation usage is dropping. It's definitely concerning that tweening is on the rise, but traditional animation is still number one.

But seriously, I get what you're saying. While I wouldn't call it god-tier, the animation is impressive for early 2010 Flash animation. Especially, when at the time, Flash wasn't as advanced as animation like Motorcity and Wander Over Yonder. And yes, I agree the show isn't bad and it's pretty cute. People were assblasted because the popularity brought in the same cancer that infected the anime fanbase. The brony versions of weeaboos started circlejerking it and of course hardcore fans of animation went autistic against the autists who actually didn't know much about comparing other animations and were just circlejerking over it because of the waifus, which is very similar to the moefags that circlejerk over anime as a genre. And the occasional waifufag from /a/ that comes over rubs Holla Forumsfags in their faces on how their Western counterpart are falling to the SJW disease. Animation isn't really revolutionary, but animationfags that are sick of the noodle arm "Cal-Art style" (Google it) infecting the genre would most likely check it out seeing it's one of the few cartoons outside that has an artstyle that isn't lazy.