Hello my fellow intelligentsia. I'm about to read the Communist Manifest by Karl Marx and Engles...

Hello my fellow intelligentsia. I'm about to read the Communist Manifest by Karl Marx and Engles, for informational purposes. I was wondering what the best English translation is. And if you have a link to a .pdf that would be sweet too. Thanks /bros

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/Manifesto.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto#Publication
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>/pdfs/

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/Manifesto.pdf

Here you go OP, enjoy

haha someone should make a pdf called the communist manifesto cover and all with this inside instead. Probably would fool the libtards

Communist != liberal

THANK YOU SIR. Apparently Samuel Moore is the knighted translated since he worked with Engles. Sounds good. I hate it when fuckers mistranslate shit for political objectives. For instance, the bet translation of mein kampf is either the Stalad edition or the Ford Translation apparently. I went with Stalad

use sage, gommie

neolibtards think they are communists.

Wtf are those pics, someone completely misinterpreting individual sentences of various texts? What is that supposed to prove?

OP has the right idea, at least fucking read some Marx.

Thank you. I'm wondering if there is a contemporary Egnlish translation that came out around the priginal publication date. I wonder if Engles edited the manifesto to reflect things he learned during the past 40 years after the original release. I'm more interested in reading the original, as it was presented to the world in 1848, which caused such a raucus

Anybody got a link to the George Julian Harney translation?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto#Publication

In June–November 1850 the Manifesto of the Communist Party was published in English for the first time when George Julian Harney serialised Helen Macfarlane's translation in his Chartist magazine The Red Republican. (Her version begins, "A frightful hobgoblin stalks throughout Europe. We are haunted by a ghost, the ghost of Communism.")[3] For her translation, the Lancashire-based Macfarlane probably consulted Engels, who had abandoned his own English translation half way. Harney's introduction revealed the Manifesto's hitherto-anonymous authors' identities for the first time.

Correction, I guess this would be called the Helen Macfarlane translation, since Harney was just the publisher.

The 1888 pdf posted already in is the second English translation. The first, the one by MacFarlane in The Red Republican, is notoriously hard to find a copy of, if anyone can find it that would be great but I'm pretty sure it's the second version that is pretty much unanimously used by everyone.

The manifesto is extremely short and readable.

It's the most easily digestible by even the most ADD kind of agitator, the one that has generic leftist feelings but doesn't want to sit through hour long lectures of Marxist critical theory.

That's why it's the only marxian text most shit tier commies I know have read.

If you want to plumb the depths of Talmudic obfuscation repackaged for the industrial age, read DAS KAPITAL.

This isn't /lefycuck/

All the more reason to be suspicious of an 1888 re-translation.

Well they were both done by Engels in partnership so I don't think either is particularly going to be tampered with.

So goes the mainstream version of history… which is rarely true… and relies on people not fact checking. But yeah….

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/oven/
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/cuteboys/
>>>/oven/
>>>/out/

Well Holla Forums seems relevant but I don't think the others do…

It's drivel, absolute drivel. I am not saying this to discourage you reading Marx, as it is beneficial to study and understand that which you're fighting against, just don't expect to be wowed. Das Kapital is a better piece of work, but against Marx is a faggot.

I bet you play dota all day every day

but who got ?