Why is everything about this movie so fucking bland?

Why is everything about this movie so fucking bland?

Because it's made for young girls?

That's no excuse. Most of Disney's previous movies were made for little girls and they were better than this.

Mother Gothel was the only thing I liked about the movie, because I love MILFs, man.

Who's making excuses? I just think they were aiming low and expecting something on the level of Walt himself is kind of naive at this point in the game.

Easy money.
Because if its bland it can't be bad user.
And since 90% of everything is bad, being bland auntomatically puts you above the 90% as per normies believe.
The thing is even if your movie is good you're going to have haters and people yelling overrated but bland is just enough.

because it's a Disney movie made in the past ten years

This movie was honestly the beginning of the downfall of Walt Disney Animation for me.

I just saw Zootopia, it was good enough.
The moral Everyone discriminates was in very in your face but is the best it has come in a while.
Is not bland except for their representation on modern society and trends, but to be fair, modern normie society is pretty bland.

I found Zootopia pretty bland as well. I think Wreck-It Ralph was the only recent Walt Disney Animation movie I actually liked.

I don't know, the designs were good and the representations of society when needed.
I also liked the interactions between characters.
The problem is that now cartoons are afraid of being cartoons they all want to be high art Scorsese subtleness styled and they don't know how to do it.
Also we may just be numbed in a way.

not really, take that nostalgia plug out of your ass, they were all shit

You see what I mean with.

Many of us have become this CinemaSins level of spotting errors and actually getting mad at them instead of just trying to enjoy a movie as a whole and paying more attention in how you FEEL with this work of art instead if its good.

I've seen so many people not liking something because it has x number of mistakes.
Well, just watch the movie then watch it again to see if its well made.
You'll probably have a bad movie that you will like.
But tell me, Why disliking it is better?

Christ, I know contrarian-ism is part of the territory on imageboards, but this is cancer.

Even CinemaSins just play that shit for laughs and enjoy most of the movies that they do sin.

Damn, some even say that a movie is bad because "Feelings manipulation".
Well duh, that's a work of art. That's what they do.
Going to watch movies is different to going analyze them.
That's why I always watch them 2 times.
To distinguish if I like it and then if its well made.

Though BnB is obvious anti-White male propaganda it still is narratively and artistically good.

Mulan and PntF, minus the old-Disneyesque "I have friends on the other side" part, were objectively shit.

And especially you

Twin Peaks+Wander Over Yonder+Rorouni Kenshin
Try to look at it in the most positive way you can.
Is my resensibilisation, cured me from my cynical views.

I liked how it managed to get true real equality for the first two thirds of the movie.
And except for the very endng the whole last third was cringy and "Ewualiti" forced as shit.
What happened there?

Sorry

because frozen is pretty shal- oh wait

It WAS bad though. A movie about a criminal scumbag's insane quest for pussy destroying everything around him shouldn't have a happy ending.

The rest of the movie is bland and doesn't make up for how awful the protagonists are.

Why are you overemphasizing an oxymoron?

but Princess and the Frog was shit tho

The second act was a bit of a slog and the songs, whilst good, were nothing special, but I found it enjoyable overall.

this

ITT: Angry opinions

your face is an angry opinion

source on those pics family?

It's from legoman.
He is a good artist but it's a shame he draw so much cuckold shit.

Tangled was basically designed by committee iirc

Flynn is literally going around the office and asking all the women what the features of a good looking man are

I don't to rub my dick on the soles of Rapunzel's feet.

I think more studios should do that. I'd rather look at handsome men and attractive women then fat trans-lesbiant black amputees with dyed hair and piercings.

They were trying to make an entire movie out of a short children's story. There's just not that much material to work with.

So they padding out the plot by throwing in some king's guards and some bad boy hoodlum, but it didn't really work well as it doesn't really work well in the scheme of the main Rapunzel story.

Similar problem in Princess and the Frog. They took the basic story and tried padding it out with Mardis Gras queen, the hunters, and the boat bit. None of that related to the main story of the Princess and the Frog, and was just random excursions which didn't even end up relating to how they were saved in the end. The villain didn't even seem to have anything to do with them for the majority of the movie. You can contrast this with what they did in Anastasia where even if the story was odd, you had Rasputin regularly showing up to try and hinder the main characters. You just didn't have that in Princess and the Frog or even Tangled.

You could make some of the same comments about Snow White, though. You have all sorts of padding with the Dwarves, the mines, the animals, and so on.

Not a bad way of working. Women know better than men what an attractive man looks like, and men know better than women what an attractive woman looks like.

By padding I mean story elements unrelated to the central story.

Snow White you have girl, apple, witch, the prince, and so on. The entirety of the movie is based on the original story.

It's a bit different from something like Tangled where they're throwing in story elements that don't progress the central conflict as came originally from the fairy tale.

Like the hoodlum running from the law, helps progress the story of Rapunzel and the hag how?

It gives him impetus to end up discovering Rapunzel's tower while he's on the run.

That entire sequence is replacing Prince Charming who somehow arrives at a tower in the middle of nowhere with the express purpose of rescuing any princesses who may or may not require gallant aid.

His story is essentially a separate storyline rather than something directly involving Rapunzel. You could have removed the girl from his story and have very little change.

user, you need to cut back, you've been taking too many redpills.

kek

To make people worship it, because they are idiots. Same with Frozen.

It was bland because of its dull artstyle and lack of an intense villian.

Thats about all you need. Even Brave which I would say was the downfall Pixar film, had a good style too it.

This was like a Parody disney film. Everything sterile and safe. No sharp edges or corners. With a pathetic tepid villain.

Zootopia was a wasted film. Once again no style, and outside of its politics its utterly forgettable.

I haven't watched a Disney movie since Atlantis: the Lost Empire, but I'll weigh in anyway

No reason to expect anything either exciting or original here. On the upside, looks pretty inoffensive, like the kind of movie that would be good to rent for a small child and never pay attention to.

The dude kinda. He's a stereotypical "bad guy" love interest thief blackmailed into doing shit for the main character.

The horse suffers from Pixar Dog Syndrome

That was all correct and you didn't even scratch the surface. Jesus.

Yeah, it's inoffensive, but so bland and forgettable. The songs are all forgettable, characters are one note and generic, visuals look like a 6th-7th gen fantasy RPG, plot can be summed up in a sentence, maybe in a few words. When they were showing commercials for it before it came out, I thought it was a Nick Jr movie or a direct-to-DVD movie.

This. I have no problem with that. I actually think it would work better than the alternative, which is to make some nebbish beta cuck that fits the progressive ideology. Even in spite of how one note Flynn was, he seemed charismatic at least, which can't be said about Frozen's male characters.

My niece loves it, my daughters seem to agree with OP.
Funny how some people are different.

At least Rapunzel's parents are alive.

Jeez Holla Forums, are you running out of idea where to find conspiracy now?

Ease up on the redpills Holla Forums, I hear overdosing can have hallucinogenic side effects.

Also, Gaston is still better.

Also Caucasoid have the densest pillage among humans and Gaston had blue eyes and the most Frankish cranial features ever. I bet you are one of those "race is skin-deep" morons.