Russia Calls New U.S. Missile Defense System a ‘Direct Threat’

Happening imminent - Cold War 2

Russia Calls New U.S. Missile Defense System a ‘Direct Threat’

nytimes.com/2016/05/13/world/europe/russia-nato-us-romania-missile-defense.html?_r=0

MOSCOW — As American and allied officials celebrated the opening of a long-awaited missile defense system in Europe with a ribbon cutting and a band, the reaction in Russia on Thursday suggested the system had raised the risks of a nuclear war.
Russian officials reiterated their position that the American-built system imperiled Russia’s security. But the public discussion in Russia was darker, including online commentary of how a nuclear confrontation might play out in Europe, and the prospect that Romania, the system’s host, might be reduced to “smoking ruins.”

Please based God, end it all

Just another part of the fence the US is slowly closing in on Russia

right now the real focus in on central asia, which was the reason for Afghanistan and Iran

Maybe instead of an arms race, we could have a defence race.
Who can build the strongest defences in the shortest amount of time, and test it with dummy missiles.
It's not like the land would be worth invading after nuclear war, so the winner wouldn't need to do so after the faux war.
Maybe there could be a prize or a wager.
Maybe that's what Trump v. Putin would be like. Wild banter and pissing contests, with a friendly handshake at the end.

No.

Just as bullshit as when America called Russia selling their missile defense system a "direct threat".

That's what's happening right now
Race between the US and Russia/China for who gets their ABM systems completed first

The Chinese are starting to be their own faction separate from the Russians. The Chinese fuck over everyone even the Russians. Thing is, the Russians just havent realized that yet.

The US government is notorious for misusing words.

The Patriot act curtailed rights.
The USA Freedom act allowed the tapping of phone companies metadata.
Citizens United made Corporations people and let them fund elections

Hell, the Secretary of Defense's position used to be called the Secretary of War

Dont be so naive as to think that every other country in the world doesnt do the exact same fucking thing down to every fine detail.

And like I said earlier, Russia already sells systems to shithole countries all across the world, so there is no narrative of innocence for anyone involved.

yes, but in this instance in particular it's essential to keep russian history in mind

Russia as an empire made up of many different cultures and ethnic groups only became as large as it did because whenever it's rulers found a potential external threat bordering them, they responded by conquering it. Plain and simple.

What kingnigger and the rest of these fucks are counting on is provoking them, there's no fucking way they are ignorant on the matter

I recall that the department of skullduggery in the UK ( I forget its actual name; they're like CIA ) used to be called the Bureau of Ungentlemanly Warfare.

I want to light a pipe and adjust my monocle just thinking about it.

JUST DO IT
GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR

Russia seems to have done well in the Ukraine and syria. Additionally things are looking up for them what with the EU breaking apart and all

YOU DISGUSTING JEW FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT I FUCKING HATE YOUR FUCKING KEBAB GUTS YOU DEGENERATE FAGGOT COCK SUCKER

(checked)
You refer to Special Operations Executive (SOE), also known as the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. The late great Sir Christopher Lee used to serve with them, in fact.

No I think you're pretty spot on.

Small guy detected.

Checked

During all this red team blue team shit is there a chance someone could break off and make forth reich team? There is a lot of unrest in europe and while the US and Russia are getting ready for with each other would be the only good time to have a revolution.

Well it is election season in the US, so it would be pretty retarded for Russia to lock-in their foreign policy towards the US right now.

It could cause a lot of unneeded shit if they treat a potential Trump administration the same way they would treat an Obama administration.

Nice dubs.

I would hope so. Fuck red and blue team. We need team Trump.

That's even better.

Eh, not really in the bigger picture
While they still hold Crimea which is the important aspect, they're stuck supporting separatists and having an openly hostile, US controlled government in Kiev which is a major blow to Russian near abroad power

As for Syria, yes their side will win the war, however, Syria is more or less shattered as a nation, it's going to take years upon years to rebuild, and the Kurd controlled parts of Syria are likely going to get autonomy at best

The only real chance for that would be China breaking off, but while the US is still top dog, they're not likely to do it

Also, most of Europe is composed of American client states and have tens of thousands of American troops on them

I think your underestimating syrians strategic position it doesn't matter it's a third world shithole it's in a good spot and how badly the US funding "moderate" rebels has hurt there relations with the middle east. Anyone who was guenienly a moderate hates the US or was kilked.

Syria is strategic mainly for potential gas and oil pipelines, which could have cut the Russian-European markets

Russia did win in Syria, I'm not sure how it's going to play out in the long term though, especially as the US economy is slowly grinding to a halt

Russians have been throwing the idea to the Chinese for them to do joint-ABM. I guess if US starts to meddle in China's sphere of influence (South China Sea for one), it could very well happen.

Realize that the ocean space China claims in the South China Sea literally goes right up to the shores of several nations, so China can go fuck itself in that regard.

All-talk no-action. Chyna already owns the fucking place, they have built a military fortress there. I don't think even if you try to start meddling now it will make a difference tbh… those jungle Asians are on the Chu train. You would have to focus completely on China now for a slight chance to mess up a bit their sphere of influence.

But it's ok for those fuckers to build stealth nukes.

Eat shit Ivan.

Or let the Japs out of their defensive treaty. Let them rape the chinks again.

Nothing is going to happen. Nuclear war is not in the interest of the elites of either side.

What ever has been opened will not stop the Russian Satan II missiles.

That's what I have been thinking. It's time to give Mr. Xin Zhao a good spanking. Japan Navy and US Navy will fuck up them senseless.

They'll skip over a navy and go right to Mecha.

kek