What is so funny about the "wax on, wax off" line in The Karate Kid? Everyone acts like there is some joke there...

What is so funny about the "wax on, wax off" line in The Karate Kid? Everyone acts like there is some joke there, but I don't get it.

pls respond

There is no joke, normalfags just think it's beyond hilarious because of the ludicrous premise of a boy learning karate by waxing cars and doing other menial shit.

Nobody understand Karate Kid. Everyone thinks it's a movie about some loser New Jersey kid who betters himself through humility to beat another kid who studied hard in the Cobra Kai dojo.

The truth is, Karate Kid is about Miyagi. This is a man who volunteered to fight for his countrymen, the USA, in a world war against his ethnic brothers the Japanese. Not only did he volunteer to fight his own people but his family was locked away in a concentration camp while he was protecting the interests of Americans - and his wife and unborn son died in that camp while he was away in war.

He lost his brethren, his countrymen, his identity and his faith in the greater good all at the same time, and yet he soldiered on and continued to make America great again despite America rejecting him based solely on his ethnicity. The man, Miyagi, is the most well-written hero to come out of the last half a century of shit movies and it happened in the fucking 80's.

So forgive me for your friends not understanding something as simple as the repetitive physcial motions of "wax on, wax off" honing your mind body and spirit into a supremely effective weapon or tool for making peace. They do not understand the story any more than they understand the hero.

That makes Miyagi sound like a supreme cuck.

lmao cuckyagi

I thought it was a metaphor for masturbation

yeah? he fought for your freedom. he lost everything he had in the process. that sounds to you like a beta white who wants his wife to fuck a nigger?

It's like poetry.

karate kid is fucking amazing. i wish a movie franchise today had the capability to see three sequels ahead and cast hilary swank as the next iterations' danielsan

maybe then audeinces will understand who is the actual story about

I wanted to see that cutie raped by the karate bullies

OP here, I just figured it out. "wax off" sounds like "whacks off"

fought for MY freedom, not HIS
top cuck tbqh

You're reading way too much into something like this. It's a youth-movie, about karate. Not some grand story like the Odyssey.

Your yawnpost really needed a TruthSeeker in the namefield.

no, stupid. it is a movie in the 1980's where a japanese man is presenbted as human. i certainly get to pick how i see him

No Retreat No surrender is better

I haven't watched the movie in forever, but isn't the joke that we're expecting Miyagi to do badass martial arts training, but it seems like he's just making the kid do chores for him?

the chores are the journey. repetitive physical movement is a central idea in most martial arts. it's not just about muscle memory although that's a part, it's about reflex and conditioning as well

The joke is that it's a fucking reference meme. Yeah, originally it was a great scene in the movie because a seemingly pointless task that looked like nothing more than an old man tricking a kid into doing his chores ended up being amazing lessons. Now to the average person it's "HEY ITS THAT SCENE FROM THAT MOVIE I KNOW ABOUT! LOL!".