George Costanza is pretty much the worst person in all of television who managed to make it through as a main character...

George Costanza is pretty much the worst person in all of television who managed to make it through as a main character in every season. Most of the time writers will kill him off or make such an unsympathetic character into a supervillain. But not with George. They just keep him a deranged sociopath who manages through the grace of providence to not murder someone in a fit of impotent rage and get the gas chamber.

I mean, they actually throw him and the rest in jail in the finale for being horrible, selfish, unredeemable people. I can't think of another example where the character is so extremely loathesome and manages to stick around for so long. Even Newman had a human moment that wasn't pathetic and reaching (the episode where he and Kramer drive to Michigan to cash in a truck full of recyclable cans).

So what's the deal with George?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCQf-0IKqAZy_LKpyqc5rbzQ
archive.is/e7FYa
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257626/The-Friends-characters-slept-135-people-10-years-The-complicated-sexual-web-everyones-favorite-television-friends.html
vulture.com/2013/01/friends-sex-partners-numbers-chart.html
avclub.com/articles/the-wait-is-over-someone-calculated-how-many-peopl,90450/
grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/64701/the-number-of-sexual-partners-on-friends
glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2013/01/wanna-know-exactly-how-many-pe.html?mbid=social_fb_fanpage
gothamist.com/2013/01/04/how_many_sexual_partners_did_the_ch.php
slate.fr/lien/66853/combien-partenaires-sexuels-heros-friends-joey-rachel-phoebe-monica-ross
redd.it/1628b4
businessinsider.com/average-number-of-sex-partners-2015-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

George is Holla Forums, user.

This was the sitcom that truly ended all other sitcoms. It mocked sitcoms by having a bunch of anti-social deceiving characters as opposed to having a bunch of fun loving faggots. I think Seinfeld was an attack on the sitcom and ended up achieving their goal in the end. Now all sitcoms are just rehashed faggot shit with no substance. RIP

Cantstandya mirrors Holla Forums a lot. He over-analyzes everything, he has an autistically narrow view of unspoken social rules, and he holds his grudges to the grave. I can't think of a moment when he acted malicious. Most of the times he fucked with people it was as revenge for some perceived slight.

Jerry is worse. While George is honest with himself about his neuroses, Jerry seems to think himself above it all and often takes pleasure in seeing his friends fail. Sometimes he goes out of his way to make his friends suffer for his own amusement. Fuck Jerry tbh. It should have been The George Show.

George did nothing wrong. Why can't things ever work out for him?

I never actually thought about that before. Jerry is such a fucking prick that every episode ends with him in a stand up routine basically making fun of his friends behind their backs to a group of strangers. What an asshole.

They're not really horrible people, they're just fairly average. Which is an oddity for television since usually people would view people acting 'normal' as horrifyingly awful since usually you have the protagonists acting like superheroes to some extent.

Biggest thing they do that is fairly normal but gets viewed poorly on television, is they take the piss out of each other. Deflating the overinflated egos of your friends is a kinda normal thing to do since it helps keep things in perspective. It's an oddity to see that on television.

That isn't normal behavior though. When a friend of yours is in crisis you don't beat them further into the dirt. That may be normal for (((New York City))) but most of the rest of the world doesn't act like that.

Does anyone who made this meme video? I've been making searches with george+drive, and human being/bean, a real hero and I can't find the channel at all.

We all know who the best character is.

It was written by Jews, m8.

He was a Mary Sue of the creator, David.

Wasn't that exactly what he did, by ordering those poison-envelopes that killed his soon to be wife? Which's cabin he also managed to get burnt down because they invited Kramer over there?

Mother-of-fuck, does no-one realize they were all meant to be loathed, to one extent or the other?

No user, he's just an insecure asshole whose plans tend to go wrong. That's funny and relatable.

Sociopaths (along with archetype evil) are the easiest villains or anti-heroes to write. You can make them do evil or insensitive shit all the time without a reason, they're sociopaths and don't need no reason.

i dont think you're completely understanding what a sociopath is. it's simply a person who is not concerned with how everyone else views him. george is easily a sociopath. so is every other character on the show except maybe newman and kramer.

A guy posted it on here a few months ago.
youtube.com/channel/UCQf-0IKqAZy_LKpyqc5rbzQ

Minor correction. That entire description could sum up the cast of Friends as well. Seinfeld just didn't try to make you think of it's characters as anything more than horrible people.

A Mary Sue is a perfect author insert. George is the opposite.

But he is the perfect Jew

Some autist on reddit did a rating of every time each Friends character had sex.
archive.is/e7FYa

Characters in Friends didn't have 85 total sex partners. I have way too much time: the total is 138-ish.
I know every Friend episode by heart. I watched each and every one of them more than once to come up with this total, which includes past sex partners that are just mentioned. Detailed Excel spreadsheet and everything. I wish someone would do a graphic representation of this. (Here is the only graph I attempted.)
This is the general data:
Confirmed sex (either by strong innuendo or plain admission) = 1. Unconfirmed sex (e.g., 'I dated a guy…') = 0,5.
Chandler: 10.5 sex partners
Ross: 14 sex partners
Monica: 14.5 sex partners
Rachel: 15.5 sex partners
Phoebe: 32.5 sex partners
Joey: 51.5 sex partners
Some trivia:
In episode 22 of Season 2 ("The One with the Two Parties"), Joey took the lead in sex partner count and there was no way back.
Joey and Ross have taken part in threesomes. (EDIT: As several redditors pointed out, Ross' threesome wasn't really real. The other woman taking part (Susan) wasn't included in Ross' stats, so the numbers are fine. No worries. Thankfully, the universe isn't going to implode.)
Season 6 was definitely the quietest sex-wise. Only 4.5 new sex partners are discovered.
During Season 1, Monica is the most promiscuous character (with 9.5 sex partners discovered). In Season 3 Joey breaks this record, with 10.5 new sex partners discovered.
Chandler holds the record for LESS new partners discovered continuously. After having sex with Monica (end of Season 4), no new sex partners are discovered until the end of the series (i.e., 6 seasons with no new sex partners mentioned.) Regarding Monica, we discover in episode 11 of Season 7 ("The One with All the Cheesecakes") that she had had sex with Stuart, her cousin's new husband.
Phoebe surpasses Joey in new sex partners' discoveries in 4 seasons (1, 6, 8 and 10).
TL;DR: I've carried out a profound study on Friends' sex life and sharing some info makes me feel less of a moron.
EDIT: Wow, what a beautiful response. I have now uploaded my Excel spreadsheet with all the details. Click here to download (I couldn't find any other better/quicker way to share it.) It includes the name, episode of first mention and comments of each sex partner of each Friend (quite organized, of course. Comment cells in grey indicate "unconfirmed sex" (or "half sex", the term I used in the spreadsheet). The second tab or sheet (named "stats per season" is exactly that: a summary of the data but in numeric form, per season. It includes the graph, of course.
EDIT 2: Well, this post has been featured in several media outlets, which is pretty cool.
Here are some links posted by redditors:
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257626/The-Friends-characters-slept-135-people-10-years-The-complicated-sexual-web-everyones-favorite-television-friends.html
vulture.com/2013/01/friends-sex-partners-numbers-chart.html
avclub.com/articles/the-wait-is-over-someone-calculated-how-many-peopl,90450/
grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/64701/the-number-of-sexual-partners-on-friends
glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2013/01/wanna-know-exactly-how-many-pe.html?mbid=social_fb_fanpage
gothamist.com/2013/01/04/how_many_sexual_partners_did_the_ch.php
slate.fr/lien/66853/combien-partenaires-sexuels-heros-friends-joey-rachel-phoebe-monica-ross (from France!)
Since I don't have much else to offer, I thought some of you might be interested in a screenshot of the spreadsheet.
Pretty cool, uh?
EDIT 3: Now you can read the FULL list of Friend's sexual partners right here in Reddit: redd.it/1628b4

holy shit

you kind of expect it from joey because he was always a useless slut but chandler? jesus christ man, that's the guy you would expect to be the most "pure"

This is why
ANIME IS SUPERIOR!

Chandler (10.5 sexual partners):

Janice
Aurora (ep. 01-06)
Nina Bookbinder (01-16)
Jade (02-05) (Chandler wasn't as good as Bob, and much more bumpy)
Susie 'Underpants' Moss (02-13)
Girl who though Sean Penn was the capital of Cambodia (02-18)
Mary Angela Tribbiani (might not have been full-on sex. That's the .5)
Joanna (They took the relationship to the next level, alright)
Kathy (Joey's ex)
Marjorie (04-20, from the sleep clinic)
Monica.

They all lived in ((Jew York City)) though. Not suprising considering how degenerate that swamp-hole is.

OK i just did a mental count and without breaking it down by names i have had 20 sexual partners that i remember and probably two or three i dont

so chandler is really pretty virginal if you think about it

No, m8. Chandler is a degenerate and you're a bigger degenerate.

i'm 40 years old man twenty partners is nothing when you consider more than half of those were in college at frat parties and shit.

businessinsider.com/average-number-of-sex-partners-2015-4
Here's the average.

The paragraph portion i included is unclear/deceptive, the reason that the numbers become similar is because womens partner counts skyrocket when they think they're hooked up to a lie detector

From lowest to highest partner count for women:
In person < Lie detector < Alone/anonymous

Mens numbers are largely unchanged, a lot of lying whore out there.

*whores
the other data set

Wait - nearly ten percent of people are perma-virgins?

The data is 15-44, so "lifetime" doesn't mean what you think. I don't see why they use lifetime it doesn't make sense all things considered, 10 percent of people certainly aren't lifelong virgins.

wait what? i dont understand… women lie to make themselves look like more of a slut?

Jews, user. Jews.

well ok when i say i have had 20 partners i mean anything vaginal where either my mouth, my dick or my hands are involved in penetration, including just fingering a girl

it does not make me feel better that women generally think these things are not counted as intercourse

What?
If their partner count skyrockets when they're hooked up to a lie detector it means they report having had more sex when they think someone can tell they're lying.

30 blowjobs don't count in girl world.

The NSFG actually breaks it down by type of sexual contact last time I checked, so they'll ask if they've had oral or penetrative sex or anal.

i.e. otherwise they try to lie the number down when they can get away with it and they might lose social standing (in person).

Anonymously when their are no social consequences they'll be more honest.

ok wait - so blowjobs dont count or do they? im just trying to get a count here that i can be confident in

oh ok i think i understand, theyre lying to NOT look like a whore because for some reason they care about the view of the person who is interviewing them about how much of a whore they are

Yes

As i hear it a lot of women don't count bjs

well thats fucking stupid, of course they count. listen if i am interviewing someone for the best bar hostess in the world job, i want to know which of her other guests have been satisfied and which she might have been lying about.

Best webm on Holla Forums. Thanks user.

Is this… kino?

Being a slut is cool goyim.

Thanks for the link. The rest of the vids, not so good

That's not really murder. It was an unfortunate accident. He wanted to break off the wedding and it's just a coincidence he happened to get poisoned stamps for his soon to be wife.

Pure chance my good boy. George obviously didn't plan this or anything.

Well that explains why they're trying too hard to act like neo nazis. It's all one big ruse.

You seem like a huge party pooper moralfag.
There are plenty of movies with 'villains' or people of gray morality on film and TV as main characters.
Not every show has to be a children's show of morality where the bad guy loses and the good guy wins. Shows are there to entertain, not to teach.

I know a better and catchier ytpmv but it's now long lost.

Ask me how I know you didn't even watch Seinfield you fucking phony.

WHoever made this. Thank You. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, please don't stop making things like this. Even if this is the greatest thing you ever do, it's better than at least 95 percent of the chucklefucks phoneposting here.

It's that fucking maoist, there he is again