I was lurking a thread earlier and I saw two fags going back and forth about whether Ireland was full of worthless...

I was lurking a thread earlier and I saw two fags going back and forth about whether Ireland was full of worthless shitheads for its entire history. That got me wondering

Do the Irish have any real history or culture to be proud of?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Apostles_of_Ireland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory
celt.ucc.ie/publishd.html
iso.ucc.ie/Irish-sagas-list.html
sulis.ucc.ie/cdi/textarchive-results.php?titleSearch=&search=Search
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Pretty much single-handedly saving the knowledge of Rome in the various illuminated manuscripts and other documents kept in Christian monasteries during the Dark Ages?

the christianization of Ireland was similar to the Communist take over of Europe. The destruction of the druids amounted to something similar to the destruction of the intelligentsia in Russia.

So basically many of the smart Irish people were destroyed by the Christianization process.

how the fuck did Irish get their hands on Roman knowledge?

The jews/English destroyed our religion and history, then stole it. The 'famine' was the real holocaust. There was plenty of food to go around but the English ruling class kept it from the Irish and forced is to give up our peaceful clans just to live. Ireland was originally part of Atlantis. Think I'm bullshitting? Ohm stone writing is the oldest known written language in world and the gaelic language predates Hebrew and contains the same numerology. The aryan's were Irish. Ireland was the only country in the world to send the third reich their condolences after Hitler died.

sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/

The Israelites will pay. Celtic revenge will be beautiful. Cuchulain rises.

cuz deyz wuz part of the black empire till ebul british whitey n shiet came along nigga

Monks in Ireland during the dark ages recorded and saved much of the western world's history and culture in a time when no one else gave a shit.

this site sure seems reputable

the Iriish are not niggers, comrade Brit

seems pretty based. I guess that has to do with the high concentration of Catholics?

The Jews turned us into dumb alcohol potato niggers. A celtic man at his peak is a scholar, saint and vicious cunt. There's a reason Rome didn't fuck with us.

The Romans destroyed the sacred areas of Celtic paganism long before Christianity had any influence in the Region.

As much as I want Ireland to be Germany tier awesome I'm pretty sure the reason the Romans didn't fuck with Ireland is because they saw it as a barren shithole

That site just hosts books online. It's a free copy of a book from 1894.

t. expert

Ireland has contributed many great works of art, literature. The original paganism of us Irish was badass and teaches all Whites good morals, virtue, and the warrior spirit. Irish have a strong sense of brotherhood and we take care of our own. Maybe other European nations have done more for our people but most Irish are fiercely pro-White and we are a good guy to have in the trenches, dukin it out with these SJW cucks.

Irishfag here, the lies of christ ruined and corrupted fair Ireland but I try to redpill friends and family everyday about the ways of the Druids. Irish pagan revival now brothers!

oh, neato

It's the most beautiful country side in the world, and the most fertile. The druid's believed it was God's sacred land.

wasn't early Ireland a matriarchy though?

The Hibernians will rise again. Prepare your tribe of Israel, the tribe of Dan rises and we will have revenger for the world. Cú Chulainn will spear you on a single stick. Tiocfaidh ár lá.

Not Irish, so couldn't tell you, however I can say that they have some hella good folk music.

Is there an Irish book of proverbs?

Yeah it had to do with the catholics

Amen to that sentiment.

I've always wanted to settle down and retire in a nice luscious green Irish countryside by the seashore. But I'd feel bad settling into a land I don't belong.

Feels bad man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Apostles_of_Ireland

The Jews stole our religion. Go fuck yourself Tribe of Israel, keep sucking little kid's cocks, I'm sucking off the tit of God.

google says yes

fuck jewgle

How can any of you hate Eireann?

why the fuck would google kike the search results for Irish Proverbs

All gods are part of the one and we learn to pay respects to each aspect of the one, through the ancient pagan gods. White people used to know this.

Proof the ancients believed that?

The Irish were converted by British missionaries during the sub-Roman Period (5th century onwards), and returned the favour when the Anglo-Saxons took over England.

They got breddy good at the old book painting lark.(pic related - The Book of Kells.)

All men are welcome to the ancient land of Hibernia should they learn our true language and learn to tend to the greenery of Eireann, for being Aryan is a state of mind. We accept no one else's rule except for the old God's. When the cataclysm comes seek us out.

Absolutely no proof. It was all destroyed or hidden. Fuck the kike's manipulated books.
Sound familiar? It's a much older story than Jesus Christ.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn

Yeah, just don't reference Englishmen as sources for information on Eire.
Simple enough?

pls no

why the fuck do Brits hate Irishmen so much?

Its just an eternal scapegoat that monarchists and orangemen use as a controlling myth for commoners.

West coast of Eire is Holocaust proof.

It was more Greek knowledge that they kept. I remember reading at one time that the Irish monks were the only group in Western Europe that could still read/understand Greek thinking, somehow they kept that knowledge. So they reintroduced Greek thinking to Western Europe after the Dark Ages.

Ohm isn't the oldest written language. Maybe you meant Newgrange is older than the Pyramids and Stone Henge?

They thought it was cold for some reason and so never came. Even though it's much milder than Northern England.

I remember reading a book from the 11th century written by a Norman monk. And he said something like when Irish kings were crowned they sat in a tub of hot water and everyone had to drink some of the water. I think that's my favorite piece of propaganda ever.

Well they had 400 years ruling a country that violently rebelled about once every 50 years. Then when they forced that country to join with them fully they ruled for 50 years before they ended up killing 1 million of them and having another million migrate. Also known as the most incompetent attempts to run a country ever. 70 years after that and with an empire that stretched around the wrold they lost control of most of the small island next door. But managed to keep the least violent part. Guess what happened 50 years after that. Another violent rebellion.
Honestly who wouldn't hate them?

James Joyce

Irish (decendent) here, we have culture besides le potatos xD. Tons of folklore, though it's a shame that Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, is now remembered by whores drinking green beers. It seems to them that Saint Patrick was a saint of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Yeah I'm good with the memes, they can stop now.

that sounds pretty badass to me

I read that in Ireland saint Patrick's day is more of a holy day than a holiday in Ireland so there's that

Linguistically speaking, a holiday is literally a holy day, coming about through linguistic merging.

Daily reminder that for all your larping, the Republic is pozzed as fuck and Northern Ireland will be the only part of the country that isn't Somalian in 50 years time.

Enjoy your gay marriage lads, hope it was worth it.

well, they aren't the same thing any more

Enjoy the collapse of the monarchy you masonic orange bastard.

Your flag has a six pointed satan star on it, get real buster.

Yeah, the meanings of each have changed ever so subtly over time, but it's interesting regardless of the origins of words.

Historical linguistics is a really interesting field to delve into.

Irish are the negros of anglo-saxons. They can't even grow potato.

The rest of Europe will collapse before we do. Take your plastic paddy larping elsewhere pal, or have you forgotten your wee community of child molesters was a Communist outpost in Europe before it was cool? Good luck resurrecting any type of nationalism when all the "nationalist" parties are Marxists with blood on their hands.

The Irish are the original professional victim, an entire country of faggots that can't take responsibility for any of their own actions and just want to piss and moan. They are worse than any SJW you'll ever meet. Fuck the Irish.

Orange = 33 in Pythagorean numerology, Mason faggots. Eireann has and never will fall, will we will always rise to the challenge. Outgun us, outnumber us, outsize us, I don't give a fuck, I'll put a fucking sliotar in your cucked eye.

God luck trying to figure out how the monarchy is going to survive. They did it to themselves. If they get out of london alive when niggers burn down parliament, then they are going to canada and not your satanist outpost, but you already know that, must feel bad.

there was a blight my nig

fuck off teafag

do elaborate though

The cucks actually swear allegiance to a fucking monarch. That monarch is well know to move it's base. If you think that family comes from English then you are sorely mistaken. They'll probably pack up and move to the masonic city of Astana in Kazakhstan.

hmm looks like a movie prop city.

I know calling them nationalists is hard now because you'd get called a cuck for being anti-nationalist but really who are you fooling.
A third of NI is employed by the government. The entire country is being paid for by the English. It's the literal definition of a welfare state.

It will make it incredibly easy to reclaim when England falls. The real IRA is coming back.

The only living European language with a vernacular older than Irish is Greek. Great sagas and epic poems were being written in Irish centuries before the Anglo-Saxons arrived in England.

Just sayin'.

Gerry will hang from a tree for his lies and betrayal of the land. Manipulators and hidden magicians will not be tolerated. Trump's getting ready for the ultimate cucking of America (sorry this is an Irish thread, fuck off if you want delusions), let's strike when time is apt.

Celts in general are good at the arts. They are very emotive and emotional, so they produce good culture.

Countries woth vertical stripes aren't actually countries

It's true, the orange needs to go. I'm thinking green with a white Irish swastica.

Those are on an angle

According to G.A.Hayes-McCoy in ‘A History of Irish Flags from the Earliest Times’ (Academy Press, Dublin, 1979) the third colour was sometimes orange, sometimes yellow and sometimes gold, with orange not becoming the predominant colour until it was adopted by the Defence Forces of the Irish Free State in 1923; “army usage influenced the Irish public and the orange stripe ousted the yellow in the popular use of colours throughout the country.” Even so the third colour was still being desribed as yellow in 1934, ‘National Flags’ by E.H. Baxter, and occasionally yellow in 1939, ‘Flags of the World’ by V.Wheeler-Holohan, who wrote that “the green is for Ireland and the white and orange (or yellow) are the Papal Colours.”

Defence Forces… fucking UN cucks.

Roman and Christian influence does not count as "Celtic".

< Heres some celtic "art" from British Isle 100 BC to 100 A.D.

I know what you're thinking, it really does look pathetic.

Did your Rabbi tell you that? Here's proof in Newgrange, find something older than Newgrange, protip: you can't.

Honestly, though Celts were bad at statues. They were great at everything else, though.

I should add Newgrange is older than the pyramids. Yes, you are now in an Irish 'but we waz kingz an shii' thread and it's true, all of it.

Try harder, there are very older pre-historic monuments dating back to 11,000 years ago.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory

Newgrange was built in 3000 BC to 2500 BC….they were writing Hieroglyphic in Egypt then, the script you're using now for English is decedent of that script.

I meant for the source of celtic symbols you dumb fuck.

*cue shitty/leftypol/ memes*

Ancient times: Black philistines that Joshua the son of NUN drove out or Canaan sail to Ireland.

Celtic druids invent nothing, use slaves. Kidnapped Roman named Patrick, bravely faces down their ignorant old religion and install Christianity. Native celtic Christians enjoy their independence until an English king named Longbow invades at command of the pope and decimates native population, destroys Celtic Church, imposes Catholic tyranny.

Middle-ages historians note the lazy barbarism and poverty and drunkenness of the hardy-looking people who shun towns and have little interest in gold or industry.

Repeated instances of "rent strikes" by stupid irish results in mass evictions and consequently their own starvation.

A protestant nut in Ulster thinks up idea of an independent Ireland starts a movement. WW1 breaks out and the loyal men join to help the United Kingdom - while they are gone fenian cowards take advantage of the situation to start a rebellion - which is crushed.

Soft-headed liberals in London decide to placate the rebellious Irish by letting them have a 'free state' but Ulster can make its own choice - and chooses to stay in UK.

South pretends Ulster belongs to it and becomes a Catholic run failed state. Supports cross-border attacks and "civil rights" marches in North pretending Catholic minority is "oppressed" (while pretending majority Rights in South are all that matter so they oppress Protestants there who flee to North).

Sick of IRA scum, the people of Ulster defend themselves by killing the terrorists, and the IRA collapses. To save face, the fenians negotiate peace, but they are just bidding their time until they can cause more trouble in the future.

THIS US WHY YOU YUROPE FAGS HAVE A CONTAINMENT THREAD.

Irish "art" in pagan times looked like shitty African crap. Their favourite fetish was a stick figure of a woman spreading her giant vagina with her hands.

What a coincidence, I was just listening to this when I saw the thread. Are there any books on Irish pagan traditions?

Encouraging europe infighting? I wonder who's behind this thread.

I don't care if you're a fucking slav, celtic nordic, snow nigger whatever, as long as you're white, you're alright.

Fuck off with the D&C please.

Also, not saging as I'm not a kike, but keep it civil folks. Banter is fine, but don't hate on other whites. That's how jews win and whites lose.

Keep trying fags. You can't hide the truth. Celts has a better knowledge of astrology and appreciation of the earth than any other race.

on some ultra revisionism;

what if the patto famine was a hoax
so that the irish could go to america
to clear the land for english fags
and no one really starved,

and all those population number changes were just the people that left ireland and went to america or elsewheres?

kind of like how the syrian war refugees
is a hoax for israel to get more land???

Sound like bad little scary goyim alright.

They had all these "knowledge" but never recorded their own history until they were Christianized.

Their proof is in standing stones all over the country with engraved ohm language and the stone's link with astrology. They little wrote their religion in the stones that it may never be forgotten. Your dumb tree cutting ass could never understand that. We were a peaceful people who took care of ourselves and the earth.

barb-ARIAN
doesn't want to be city nigger
thats anti-semetic

What about all the mass graves that ordinary people are always finding from that time all around Ireland? A holocaust with actual physical evidence? I'm sure that's no reason to get nationalist.

links to Irish folklore?

Irish "art"

link to Irish sagas, epics?

It's a depiction of something seen while tripping on magic mushrooms. Magic mushrooms grow everywhere in Ireland, got some growing in my garden every summer time. In ancient times, we tripped out, made art, studied the stars and made ancient structures that honoured the beauty of the creator's moving celestials. We didn't make statues of rulers because we didn't have tyrants. What's the point of making statues tyrants and rulers, of pathetic ego driven human beings? Why not trip out, do art, astrology and sports all day in the beautiful green lands? This is why you don't understand true Aryan's, you're only supposed to be pissed when people are oppressing you from chilling out on the beautiful earth all day, that's the end goal.

Actual potato nigger here. Most of the high culture (even the folk/traditional) was created by the Anglo Irish (A class of people, that includes both Protestants and some Catholics, who immigrated to the island from next door at various points in history).

Despite their sub par intellectual accomplishments relative to the rest of the continent, there are some things I do quite like about my bog-brained brethren.

The Irish have a good sense of irony and spinning a yarn/ smooth talking which somehow manages to swindle whoever thinks they're in charge. Ireland was repeatedly conquered by many invaders, but all somehow ended up "becoming more Irish that the Irish themselves" (as we're all taught in school). I take that to mean that the Irish culture was somehow indomitable and would always subsume those took it on. It would suck them in like quicksand. It would corrupt them. That is to say, no matter how elevated the rulers thought they were, they would eventually be taken in and come to view their HQ with as little respect as the Irish themselves viewed it.

There's something tragic and absurd about the country. Barren, miserable, wind-swept little spots here and there that left people with little much to do other than come up with a million different ways to tell the same story a thousand times.
I'm currently living in America, and when I first got here I was taken aback at how bad at small talk people here are. They're either startled that you spark up a conversation, or if they're on board with having a chat they give you the most grin-laden, formal, non-offensive, saccharine chit chat possible. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but for the most part I feel like I'm leading every conversation I have.
Despite despising the Kennedys, I'm quite proud that some fool from Wexford managed to shit talk his way into what is nominally the most powerful position in the world.

Also, like the rest of the Catholic countries in Europe, we're a lot more clannish. We're also much more inter-related which explains the slightly more tribal nature of our politics, and possibly why despite being fairly pozzed these days, no one actually takes PC anywhere near as seriously as the rest of the anglo-sphere. There is the enduring sentiment that everything is an absolute load of horseshit, including the sacred pronouncements of our overlords.

Of all the things I can list off though (learned monks, poets, authors, philosophers), I think the common strand going through all of them is a talent for shit talking and putting a spin on things (see Wilde and Swift for prime examples of that).

OKay I am seeing all this talk of folklore sagas and epics. Well where are they? ANy links?

List of Sagas

iso.ucc.ie/Irish-sagas-list.html

You're probably one of those fags that thinks Ireland is an ugly country while they sit in their bedroom alone in the pale jacking off to the fags they just legalised.

Text archive

sulis.ucc.ie/cdi/textarchive-results.php?titleSearch=&search=Search

Remember the middle ages when irish monks spent their lives translating and preserving ancient texts that would have otherwise been lost?
You can thank ireland for salvaging ancient western culture.

Far from it. I love my country and I think it's incredibly beautiful. Also there's one more thing I forgot to add:

People of Irish descent in America are far more like to vote for Trump than Swedes or Brits or Dutch or what have you. So there's that.

I've got a feeling that might happen again one day too. In much the same way that western civilisation lingered on here when it was being extinguished on the continent, nationalism is still lingering on here despite being extinguished next door. Yes, the nationalist parties are pozzed Marxists, but that's just the leadership.

It's because we're on the periphery that the rest of the culture arrives here a little later than it does everywhere else in the west. This is bad when we miss out on getting in at the bottom on the next big thing, but good, because when it goes wrong, we're not as far down the line as everyone else.

Case in point. We've only just started up with the whole diversity thing, and hopefully it'll go out of fashion before we end up like England or Sweden.

OP is a tremoundes faggot

Fucking amazing drinking songs.

Eirenn = Aryan

MAYO FOR SAM 2016

If dubs curse is over.

Ernest Walton (1903-1997), born in Dungarvan, Co Waterford

Walton was a pioneer nuclear physicist, and is the only Irish science Nobel Laureate. He and John Cockroft “split the atom” (disintegrated lithium) using the first successfully built particle accelerator, built by Walton,at Cambridge in 1931.

Robert Boyle (1627-1691), born at Lismore Castle, Co Waterford

Sometimes referred to as ‘The Father of Chemistry,’ Boyle published The Special Chemist in 1661. In it, he questioned alchemy, the pseudo-scientific predecessor of chemistry. He taught that the proper object of chemistry was to determine the composition of substances. Boyle was the first to coin the term “analysis.” He formulated “Boyle’s Law” in 1661 which states that the pressure and volume of a gas are inversely related at constant temperature.

William Rowan Hamilton (1805-1864), born in Dublin

Hamilton became professor of astronomy at TCD and royal astronomer of Ireland. Hamilton was a prodigy and knew 13 languages by the age of 9. He introduced the terms ‘scalar’ and ‘vector’ into mathematics, and he invented the method of quanternions as a new algebraic approach to 3D geometry. This turned out to be the seed of much modern algebra.

George Boole (1815-1864)

Boole was the first professor of mathematics at Queens College, Cork, today University College Cork. Sometimes referred to as The Father of Computer Science, Boole developed his system of Boolean Algebra while in Cork. This is used today in the design and operation of electronic computers and electronic hardware responsible for modern technology.

George Johnstone Stoney (1826-1911), born in Dun Laoghaire

Stoney became professor of natural philosophy at Queens College, Galway, today NUIG. His most notable scientific work was his conception and calculation of the magnitude of the ‘atom’ of electricity, for which he proposed the name ‘electron’.

William Thomson (1824-1907) (Lord Kelvin), born in Belfast

Thomson is a world-renowned physicist who introduced the Kelvin scale of temperature, the absolute scale. His work on the conversion of energy led to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In 1886, he was also closely involved in the laying of the first successful transatlantic telegraph cable under sea between Ireland and Newfoundland.

Denis Burkitt (1911-1993), born in Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh

Burkitt graduated as a physician, and became a world-renowned pioneer in public medicine as well as the identification of cancer. He worked in public service for many years in Uganda and for the first time described a cancer called Burkitt’s lymphoma, showing it is spread by mosquitoes who transmit the disease by spreading the Epstein-barr virus. Burkitt returned to London in 1966 and led campaign advocating the importance of fibre in the diet.

Nicholas Joseph Callan (1799-1864), born near Ardee, Co Louth.

Callan was appointed professor of natural philosophy at Maynooth in 1826. He acquired an interest in electrical phenomena, with his most notable contribution being the invention of the induction coil.The induction coil was the forerunner of the modern step-up voltage transformer. Only now is work attaining recognition as it was originally accredited to others.

Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton (1874 –1922)

An Anglo-Irish explorer, Shackleton was one of the principal figures of the Heroic Age of Antartic Exploration. In 1907, he led the now famous Nimrod Expedition to Antarctica in which he and three companions which marked the farthest south latitude at 88° 23′ S, 97 geographical miles (114 statute miles, 190 km) from the South Pole, the closest convergence in exploration history up to that time. Shackleton is known also for the Endurance Expedition or The Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914–1917), its last major expedition. Along with his expedition, he made the first ascent of Mount Erebus and the discovery of the approximate location of the south magnetic pole.

Yes, OP, the Republic of Southern Ireland has a proud history of murdering British civilians in their beds, stealing the land of their own people, violating treaties, backtracking on elections that go the wrong way and sending condolences to Germany over Hitler.

It's amazing how much the Eire has managed to do in the 90 years the country has existed. Most nations need a much longer history to have that much cause for national shame.

Ireland!!

In May 1945 the Irish Prime Minister Eamon De Valera visited the German Ambassador Eduard Hempel and offered his condolences on the death of Adolf Hitler. This has caused a lot of controversy over the years. The background to this story was a feud between De Valera and US Ambassador to Ireland David Gray. Gray was a bit of an asshole who hated Ireland and who kept annoying the Irish government about breaking their neutrality and joining the allies against the Axis.However he didn't seem to be aware of secret agreements between Britain and Ireland that decided that the best way for Ireland to support the Allies was by supplying Britain with food. Britain couldn't feed its own population without imports whereas Ireland produced a surplus. Gray also used to conduct seances to get political advice and used to fight with the OSS (the precursor of the CIA) people in Ireland. The OSS and MI5 got on well with G2 Irish intelligence but Gray was always causing trouble. There was also a clash of Diplomatic cultures, the German Hempel was a professional civil servant with years of experience while the American was an amateur who got his job because he was an uncle of Eleanor Roosevelt. Around the time Hitler died US ambassador Gray met De Valera and was very rude to him and broke diplomatic protocol. In revenge De Valera basically said 'fuck you' and decided to drive Gray crazy by visiting Hempel along with the foreign minister to offer condolences on the death of Hitler. To rub it in the President of Ireland Douglas Hyde also visited Hempel the next day and when the war ended Hempel was also given asylum in Ireland until 1949. He then went home and joined the West German diplomatic service.

In other words the Irish government was involved in major act of trolling.

David Gray sounds like a fucking kike.

I'm glad the Irish stuck it to him.

- 1948 the Department of Justice

When will this lie end

Easter Rising.

10/10 bants
t. Irish-American

Much like the Scottish and Welsh the Taigs were the Englishmans burden.

Differences is that while Wales and Scotland simply formed large leftist voting blocks to punish the largely conservative England, The eternal Taig chimped out, started a civil war and then proceeded to use disgusting tactics such as bombings, terror, murder, extortion and human shields to not only attack Englishmen BUT to kill the people they were trying to form a country with.

Taigs truly are a despicable race if there ever was one

MUH DARK AGES
NO CHARLEMAGNE DIDN'T START NO SCHOOLS
NO THE ERE DIDN'T DO THAT SHIT EITHER
WAS ALL US IRISH

Who's laughing now?

tl;dr Ireland's terrorist PM harbored a Nazi fugitive to spite some American guy who was rude one

daily reminder that Holla Forums is utterly infested with normies

Englishman here, almost every single post ITT is fucking retarded.

In fact, am I the only non-shill here? I find it hard to believe a person could write this sort of unfounded shite un-ironically. Unless, of course, said person was a Thick Mick.

Celts understood that writing things down instead of fulfilling your potential made your brain soft and your mind dull, with only the most vital bits being recorded in everlasting stone as explains.

Then again you're used to being spoonfed by jews, so what would you ever know about owning up to your potential?

Which is why you're typing away at an internet forum.

Did you realize you were also insulting yourself when you typed that and decided to go through with it anyway out of pettiness, or was such a realization beyond you?

Is there a problem, Teafriend?
feel free to make a meaningful contribution if all the posters here are so retarded

Be kind user; even if he wasn't busy prepping his GF's paki, you're still asking far too much of him.