Marvel or DC

Marvel or DC

which one is better?

SHITCHAN GET OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

It's all capeshit.

You know what, why don't you go and start a console war thread on Holla Forums?
I want to see what happens.

Is this place a hug box for DC like cuckchan is? I'm tired of getting banned because DC fags can't take a little banter.

Can someone explain what the difference is?

Both are cancer and deserve to vanish.

If I had a gun to my head I'd probably go with DC since it -seems- to do less SJW pandering, not by much though with WonderWomans mansplaining and all the Batgirl BS, but at least every second major character isn't being turned into a women, gay, or a racial minority.

Marvel is good.
DC is bad.

Hail Hydra.

DC properties used by Warner Brothers Animation.

in terms of focus, marvel places an emphasis on exploring the persona of each character while DC places emphasis on the issue's adventure with character development being secondary to the villain of the issue

or at least that's how it was up through 2005. Don't know about recently

neither approach is inherently better than the other, though I find that you can jump in wherever in DC and get a self-contained story out of it (even if there are C plot elements that will take over 30 issues to resolve (I'm looking at you, Legion of Superheroes, and your longspanning mystery of Sensor Girl's secret identity)) while Marvel, especially in the 90s, expected that you've been reading for at least the last 6 issues because fuck delivering some action except maybe twice a year

Marvel has better ongoings, DC has better limited series.

They both suck as companies and editorially.

DC has Better Cartoons.

Marvel has Better games.

I don't give a shit about the actual comics.

Shueisha

You made your choice, fucko. We're not a substitute for your lack of thought threads.

I don't work for either of them. I don't see why I need to pick a side.

I find Marvel, as the other user said, focus on character development, which is a lot of the reason there's complete bullshit going on in Mravel right now; they're rewritting all these characters that people thought they knew, and it's just a clusterfuck. Marvel also has a lot more small-time heroes in the limelight.

DC is the complete opposite. They disregard character development and have the same character for 20-30 years, just swapping in the villains and uping the ante. DC has a lot more big events, things that everyone in the world notices, not just street thugs. The fractures in DC at the moment are people self-inserting their own thoughts into the characters, then adding character development onto that, which is just getting confusing.

They both have their good and bads. Honestly I think DC is better in the comic department right now because of all the hamfisted bullshit going on in Marvel, not saying that DC doesn't have its share, but they aren't nearly as bad. Most of their problems is just bad writing while Marvel has become a SJW hivemind.

They are only rewriting them to fill them diversity quotas. It's fucking awful.

Then you don't belong on this board. Go back to Holla Forums .

I believe you are the one who needs to leave.

Neither. Both are bad, but in different ways. Marvel ponders to far left hipsters and tumblr as much as they can using books made at the lowest possible cost. DC makes one bad decision after another, with each next one making things worse than before. They do tumblr pandering too, but not as much as Marvel.

At this point, the only interesting thing DC has going for it is Wild Animal Imprint, but if it will be good, DC will find a way to fuck it up just like they did Vertigo. Marvel has nothing, but once every few years they manage to churn out a decent miniseries, which they eventually shit all over anyway.

If you like comics, do yourself a favor and explore other genres. For the most part, capes are like soap operas or trashy romances of comic books.

AIDS or Heroin Addiction

which one is better?

Both belong in the fucking trash. IDW, Image and Dark Horse are becoming just as obnoxious and poorly written too.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dick Cheese fanboys are truly pathetic.

Well obviously the heroin addiction.

At least there you get brief periods of total bliss when the drugs kick in.

2000AD

They both suck nowadays tbh fampai.
smh at the fact that the fanboys fighting over which is better is equivalent to undeads from former opposing countries still fighting in a war that's been over for a long time.

Marvel was just better. No stupid multiverse shit, more relatable characters and no stupid reboots every few years. However, they are just as shit as DC now with their pandering to SJWs who don't read comic books anyways.

This guy gets it.

You don't see DC publishing shit like this, so DC.

both are shit these days.
fuck off with your company wars bollocks.
you're arguing over whether a turd sandwhich or a huge douche is better

fuck off

this. Their's so many comics out there of all types.
Don't be bogged down with just cape comics.

can you get anymore casual?

Capeshit

biggest difference is that Marvel's mass crossovers try to be retarded realistic and 'appeal to a current issue' like how civil war was supposed to be about the surveillance state and such (and they always fuck it up by making the side they're actually promoting look like complete dicks. Apparently we're supposed to side with Tony Stark.)

DC's mass universe crossovers is to kill off a buncha two-bit characters and erase completely incompetent multiverses because they got too retarded for even DC fans to keep track of. Marvel is mostly continuous since the clairmont X-men era, DC keeps having to push the reset button because they made all the wrong choices in a CYOA and didn't leave a finger several pages back.

Probably why Marvel gets the actual SJs working for them (muh narrative, muh socially responsible stories) while DC just gets sycophants and con men.
Although if you dig shounen at all you'll probably get more out of DC since that's what a lot of their big storylines devolve into. It's essentially western shounen. You don't hear anyone wanting to compare Goku to Phoenix, Galactus, or Gladiator, do you?

At creation DC characters are more solid (hence why there's an exceptional blow-out for any changes at all) but they've got far shittier writers (sometimes approaching downright /cringe/. Even their better ones like Miller will fall into that sort of thing) Anyone that wants to phone it in will eventually get stuffed there. Marvel's where the self-proclaimed "Arteeests" from twatter and DevTart go.
(Also marvel's "big" characters are moderately normie, like Wolverine and Punisher-aka-Last-Non-SJ-standing, while DC's are literal gods and all greco-roman-y BEGONE YE FEEBLE MORTALS and able to stomp whole continents in their sleep. Pretty much only Hulk does that in Marvel.)

That's about rite. Also the reason for that tends to be ancient SNES-era contracts. Like Sony and Fantastic Four. DC made far far worse licensing deals. Some were literally made just so the company could keep the license for another year or two. Sucks because DC is way more vidyatastic, character and power wise.
At least LJN finally fuckin' died.
On the upswing, DC vidya are amazing for meme fodder. Bad Marvel writing is just blaahnd teenage schoolboy writing. Bad DC writing is Superman 64/NES. Probably the only memetically bad Marvel game I can think of offhand on that level is the NES X-men game which has such godawful bad hit detection that melee characters are useless.
In modern SJ figure analogies, Marvel are the true belieber SJs who whine about internet harassment and DC are the shitposters like John Flynt who can't decide whether they want to "be an ally" or "be a trigger" that day.

Pretty much the only real decisions you'll make with modern comics are "which brand of stupidity offends me less" and "which brand has hotter babes"

Reading supplements for Mutants and masterminds 2e and 3e .

Its depressing but the best superhero action is in those books.

And even they have occasional SJW touches but its more like dormant SJW-ism. That stage when its just little blotches, before it takes over the subjects host.

So still good.

On average, DC has more interesting villains and Marvel has more interesting heroes, but there are numerous exceptions on both hands.

Marvel has a better batting average with films.
DC has a better batting average with cartoons.
Marvel has a better batting average with video games.

Both make absolutely shitty comics now, but in different ways.

DC has at least finally started to realize all the extreme leftist politics really hurt their numbers, so they're trying to tone it down, but only vaguely. However all the people who fucked the company up in the first place are still there making bad decisions. The New 52 universe is still complete garbage, I have no interest in anything taking place in that universe, and they're vomiting out race and genderswapped legacy character horseshit like the entire point of their comics now is a race to the bottom to see who can make their character least special by having a thousand different versions of them.

Marvel is so much worse and they don't even care. They're drunk off their movie money. They're just going to keep pretending their digital comics are selling well because they're not required to release numbers. But I mean, they have advertisers right? You'd think advertisers would require numbers for their rates. Their entire model for over a decade has been "fuck you, we hate our readers and your torment is the only thing that possibly gives us pleasure anymore." A bunch of comic shop owners wrote them an open letter that no one is buying anything from Marvel anymore, that people come in and complain about what total shit it is, how they feel slighted, how they feel Marvel does not want their business, how some have stopped ordering comics from Marvel and others have stopped selling comics altogether. Marvel's going to stay in the shitter for a while from the looks of things. It may never be good again.

Miller's also written for Marvel tho

Personally I prefer DC, and not just because they aren't as dominated by SJW's as Marvel. Marvel tries to take a more realistic approach to their heroes, but in my opinion it's a waste of time. There isn't anything realistic about any superheroes whatsoever. Batman's existence is just as unrealistic as Flash's. In the real world any guy with no powers would get shot in the mouth within a month. Also DC generally has better villains.

In the past DC has had way better animated series. Earth's mightiest heroes was alright, but it was ended so they could make a worse show. Nothing competes with the DC animated universe. One thing I will say though is that the MCU is pretty good.

In what way actually? Because in general, both are crap. I mean the best years for those 2 are like in the late 90's to early 2000's or some time around the 80's..or the Silver Age. But now? Yeah, better is not the word I used to describe either of them.

It's "young animal," not "wild animal."

Fuck me, this place has gone to shit

It's probably a handful of cuckchanners that got banned.
They don't seem to be doing much outside of this thread.

Enjoy having your favorite characters watered down by having a hundred versions of them

Hank Hill is canon in the Marvel multiverse

What moron thought cross promoting a boring redneck show with Saturday morning cartoons was a good idea?

So we agree they are both shit.
So who's good do you guys reckon?

I'm sure they'll say some shitty anime or obscure indy publisher.

Out of current American publishers, Dark Horse probably publishes the most comics that aren't absolute shit, with Image being close second. Other than that, every publisher besides big two has at least one consistently good series currently running. Even Archie Comics and Oni Press do.

I don't pay enough attention to Japanese and Europan publishers to have enough knowledge how exactly they compare to one another.

Speaking of Archie? Hows sonic doing? I stopped reading shortly after the penders holocaust reboot because I considered it dull pandering shit. Has it gotten any better?

Was King of the Hill actually on Saturday mornings?

…..Are you serious? Are you fucking serious?

He probably hasn't followed the shitstorm of the last years. Hell, I dropped pretty much everything from the big 2 less than a year after New52