I have some bad news for you Holla Forums

I have some bad news for you Holla Forums

Hotwheels has released a "postmortem" blogpost.

In it, he talks about how Holla Forums became something he never wanted, that he would have never started this website if he had known how it would turn out and that he isn't posting on imageboards anymore.

https:[email protected]/* *//hotwheels-a-postmortem-9ea800d9227b#.axtzzbco0

He also apologized to Josh in it. Josh commented on the blog post on 16chan, the website where he has continued developing Infinity Next, which seems to be working quite well now.

16chan.nl/next/thread/3790#3813

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/oxjq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you miss me now, Holla Forums?

Take a look at Joshchan, suckers. Have a quick lurk on the Next software. The content may be sketchy, but the ui is, well, vastly superior.

Of course the content is kinda shit, it's a test environment like infinitydev.org used to be, not a real chan with a community and shit.

Still, it looks great, posts fast and has all those juicy next features like instantly uploading any file that is already on another board.

Are you serious?

To be honest, he held out far longer than Hotman and didn't turn into such a bitter cunt in the end.

Also known as a dinosaur, long extinct and beyond resuscitation.
Back then there was only the motherchan, now her many orphanchans must compete with the bully mainstream sites who stole Moot's clothes and left us the cum-socks.

this. Moot is pretty humble and very smart. People were strangled, poisoned and shot during his watch; all that happened to Brennan was that we dubbed him kikewheels.

Ah, that's a shame.
I never once took part in the practices listed in the post mortem or the wheelsman hatewagon, in fact I kept speaking against it despite getting shitposted in return. Imageboards are by their nature a chaotic entity and there is no hope of being able to control one. Being anonymous gives the intrinsic human need to debase and exploit those they perceive as standing above them free reign and so communities turning against the people who host them is inevitable, it's a thankless job. Nobody is perfect and all mistakes will be magnified by those who are certain they are being wronged, I can't agree with good conscience to such thankless behavior but neither can I change the reality that they exist.

Sorry burntires, but I still don't think creating this place was a mistake considering all the fun we got to have, but sometimes things just end up leaving a bad taste in mouth no matter what. I guess I'm literally the only forgiving chan user in the history of the internet.
What I really wanted to say with this is "thanks for hosting us", so I'll just leave it at that.

I just want to old days back. Every imageboard has either become shit or lacks a userbase. Imageboards have always been my substitute for social contact. I want them back to how they were.

You are one of those NEET degenerates who have never ever contributed anything to the imageboars except for shitty anime pictures and the cringe, because of the lack of social life and outside word experience. Yet you cry about how you want everything back, when the exact same people like you have become the majority of the board.

>>>/suicide/

You are right, I wasn't aware that oldfags can also read minds.

Congratulations on spending such a long part of your life on the same type of website.

Don't come on with that bullshit. Josh revels in Holla Forums's demise and in HW/Jims failure. He dreams of hischan becoming the dominant chan and of living from the income. Of course he does and why wouldn't he dream?

The concept of anonymous ibs is obsolete. All the newness goes to to mainstream sites who offer celebrity and monetisation. We're just recycling plants at present.

Im surprised its lasted this long. sept 2014 was top keks, by dec it was pure cancer.
now its just a coma patient waiting for the plug to be pulled.

kk

this is how I feel as well
oct and nov were glorious, by dec the cancer started already and in march the metastases already manifested themselves.

Now the userbase is in comatose status and too cucked to even consider another exodus.

We had a great run didn't we guys ?

yes brudder but everything good comes to an end. Let it rest in peace and build a new one from scratch

If that's all he's upset about, dude it's okay. The site is still Holla Forums. The pedos won't be missed, because of the way the ads are set up they're generally not annoying or intrusive and are often funny and contribute to board culture.

This site's failures were crowdfunding an upgrade that never happened and the periods where posting became nearly impossible, but the latter wasn't your fault. I'd still love it if Hotwheels was admin, I'd say 90% of the users still love him here.

Just stop user. It's over, we all don't want to realize it. We were all thinking
but it isn't. This should have been the final wake up call. It's over. The ship has sunken the rats already ran off, we are the idiots that stayed.

user, I defended this home for long enough. It's over no name calling or
will help it.
Maybe you don't know what a chan is supposed to be like or maybe you don't know what communities are capable of, but at the current rate you could just as well go on Imgur or Reddit.

Next is still in development on 16chan.nl and it's working now. If you remember the time of the migration, there was a Next test running on another website and it seemed like Josh had all the issues worked out, but for some reason it didn't work when used on the other servers.
The reason, which was only discovered long after the whole shitstorm was already over, was actually a feature HW had added to Next.

Isn't it weird that Joshs contributions caused Infinity to break and HWs caused Next to break?

Here is a chatlog about the issue, I removed my name: ghostbin.com/paste/oxjq8

THATS IT IM LEAVING THE IMAGEBOARDS AS WELL!

GOODBYE MY LADS!
GOODBYE AND SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!!

Your point is, umm…

I know exactly how Fred feels.

He's a normie with autism (they exist believe it or not) who tried to fit in with the scum of the Earth, but really couldn't because he was better than that. His intentions were to be calm and have this be a chill site, then it turned into a massive waste of money for Holla Forums to spam and any remotely decent human to leave. It's no wonder we don't have new imageboards: the communities are terrible. I can understand why 4chan created so many rules and has so many mods. Holla Forums is an example of giving free speech to retards who abuse it, then everything fucks up.

Stop whining, you degenerate.
You only think that being an antisocial prick will make you happy in life, but it's not true at all.
A moralfag like me won't be able to say it properly, but you should try being social with people, it would make you feel better.
If you still want to be antisocial, the least you could do is achieve something of meaning in your life that doesn't require social skills.
If you waste your time listening to drunk retards, you won't go anywhere in life, but if you either get some friends/be antisocial but do something with your life like Kurt Cobain, then you'll feel happy. I'm not sugarcoating you, you really will feel better if you give your life meaning, because I feel better now.
I know, I've tried acting tough like "Friends are for faggots" and the sorts, but it never really worked. The human mind strives for more, and bitter hate being a comfortable state of mind can only last for so long until you realized you wasted your time.

Wow I used to visit this site all the time from sep 2014-2015.
Now I actually have a life and shit, and I sometimes browse 4chan's /mu/. I decided I would come check this board out again.
Wow. I remember everything was starting to go to shit but I never expected this.
And you're right. Unrestricted freedom is chaos. I used to believe in this site.
Oh well. Such is life. Imageboards never last. They're designed that way.

Believe it or not, this is actually an improvement from around 5 months ago (it was almost 100% spam). At least anons are actually conversing at this point.

I agree with you there, but it's still an awful site.

Then why the fuck are you here?

I miss our wheel riding hooker hiring sexual deviant cripple, in the golden months after the exodus he brought in lots of keks, even got Holla Forums to raid his cucked neighbor to the point his wife beat him, it started to go downhill with all the drama such as Holla Forums, Holla Forums vs Holla Forums, hostile takeover, josh, the whole fbi incident with acidman, and /islam/ getting nuked due to being an isis cell (from what i know about 20 of em were arrested).

Its been a wild ride, even now i choose this place over others.

no im not dumping my 200+ red user collection

I'm leaving Holla Forums permanently after tonight, I just wanted to talk with the anons one last time.

Oh… well I'll probably talk to you tomorrow, but if not, I honestly hope you do something productive with your life instead of wasting your time on here (like me)

This whole Holla Forums use to be good, is just some bullshit. I remember watching snacks lose his mind over a decade ago on 4chan when it was in its "heyday". Holla Forums was shit then and it's shit everywhere else. Only this you could say is how the community itself doesn't do anything outside the board.

video related is simply pain to listen now considering we died before 4chan.

proof?

h

I'm pretty sure you're talking about /islamicstate/

(((Joshua Goldberg))) was the one who was running it, and he's currently in a prison in Florida. He went by Australi Witness, among other names. He might have been a jew, but how many people can say they trolled so hard they got people to commit a shooting?

Who I am IRL doesn't like what he did, but who can't appreciate his dedication?

He did it for the lulz.

i'd argue that Josh taking the Holla Forumsirgins cry of "DO IT FAGGOT" seriously and rushing a slow, bugged to shit infinity-next was the straw that broke the camel's back for this site

the buggy launch of infinity-next soured virtually everybody's opinion on it. and this just ignores the Holla Forums splinter drama entirely

December 2015 - January/February 2016