100PPH

I will give you a post.

I'm gonna hijack your thread for a sec.
How does the site determine how many users a board has?
Is it based off of IPs?
Couldn't VPN's inflate it?

McRonald it's the man to answer that.

yes. VPN and proxy inflate the user count.

VPN's do indeed inflate it, but you also need to remember that there are 10 times more lurkers than actual posters. Holla Forums had like 10k unique visitors per day the last time i checked.

I'd also assume that most of the VPN users are gone due to the pedo purge a few months ago, so the numbers we're seeing right now are more accurate.

no, they don't have 10k visitors, they have around 3k

"active users" is users ON the site, not posters.

No, you're wrong. The active user count is from how many unique ip's have posted on the board in the last 72 hours. It doesn't include lurkers.

No, HW cleared that up last year. It's the number of IP addresses that are currently using the site, proxy and VPN included.

I'll post the screenshot when I find it.

If that was the case then the active user count would fluctuate during certain timezones. As a neet who browses this site 24/7 i can assure you that doesn't happen.

it does fluctuate, its an average of 72 hours, it just doesn't count posts, only IP adresses.

thanks for the answer.
it's sad that only a small portion of the 800 active users post.
If we had a few hundred posters this board would be amazing again.

agreed. I don't understand how 800 people can stand to lurk this dead board without posting and making it active

I mean… the only thing they even see is the few people that DO post complaining that nobody else does.

qwadz

Ok. I posted.

FAGGET

now go post some more

Who just watches the pph and makes meta threads instead of participating or making content?

baiters

Fail

oh shit that's me

It's actually me.

nah it was me. quit lying

p-post

p-p-post

Any more posts & we have the start of a fence

heh

Compuserv chat rooms were faster than this. That's really saying something.

I know, i had to wait two whole minutes to get your message. The fuck? God man i fucking hate this shit.

I shitpost way more than that