ITT: Perfect and Near-Perfect adaptations

ITT: Perfect and Near-Perfect adaptations

I just hope that Netflix series becomes an actual thing

I said 10/10 adaptations, not 2/10

It's better than the ones you posted, faggot

Dredd is a good movie but a terrible adaptation.

Can't think of a single better adaptation.

Are you confusing it for the Stallone film?

I could say the same for the rest of this board

m8, dredd gets mentioned here all the time.

Stop pretending you know what you're talking about, it's alright to like your little reddit movie.

This isn't (so far, anyway) a Holla Forums series, but I'm going to recommend it, anyway, because they did such an amazing job of following the book.

It's a shame that third film will never get made.

Do comic to comic adaptations count?

Not that user, but Watchmen was excellent. Yes, it had it's problems. No, it lacked a squid. Yes, Silk Spectre 1 should have got her baps out. But it was really well done for the most part.

No it wasn't. The entire movie was grim and gritty because Snyder missed the point so fucking hard.

How can a copypasta can miss the point?

Watchmen isn't supposed to be grim&gritty. It's a deconstruction of the genre, not "what if superheroes were dark". When you make it like The Dark Knight or Man of Murder, both of which are terrible in their own respect, you miss the entire purpose of the book.

Not to mention how much was lost in the translation to film. It kind of has to be a comic to work, but Snyder didn't know that. The movie was only made because the book was so popular.

No normie remembered that in 2008.

No, its an exposition on "What if heroes would be put in the real world with no capeshit rules" result; they get grim and gritty.

And I only say that because you don't seem to know what deconstruction is.

If you didn't wanted dark characters then you're looking for a reconstruction, a think "Watchmen" is not.

And it still managed to have all of Snyder's stupid cartoony slo mo shit, to completely ruin the tone of the action scenes.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what grim&gritty is,

That would describe something like Preacher, Sin City, etc. Not a comic that's full of color, JSA-style superhero costumes, and an ending that features a giant space squid.

The point of watchmen is to show how most capes would be power-tripping control freaks like Ozymandias, Dr. Manhattan, or Rorschach, or be pulled into the lifestyle like Nite Owl or Laurie.