North Carolina Leaders Aren't Budging on Government Demands

5-6-16

archive.is/JsgS9

A political showdown between North Carolina and the federal government loomed Thursday as Republican state leaders vowed to defy the U.S. Justice Department’s deadline to repeal the state’s contentious new bathroom law.

The Justice Department notified Gov. Pat McCrory in a letter Wednesday that the state’s House Bill 2, which restricts transgender bathroom access and has become a focus in the LGBT rights fight, violates sections of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. It gave the state until Monday to “remedy” the violations.

On Thursday, North Carolina House Speaker Tim Moore said legislators would not meet the federal government’s deadline.

“We will take no action by Monday,” Moore told reporters in a video broadcast by the Raleigh News & Observer. “That deadline will come and go. Obviously, we don’t ever want to lose any money, but we’re not going to get bullied by the Obama administration to take action prior to Monday’s date. That’s not how this works.”

Could it be?

Is America remembering what it once was?

No… Surely not…

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the 2nd American Revolution transpires due to trannies and bathrooms, I'm going to be really disappointed.

If it happened because of this petty issue then it would be easily shown that people truly are so detached from the correct ways of living that violent change is needed. Glad to see that NC is behind it already.

Trannies btfo

The most based state.

HAVE WE STARTED THE FIRE?

AR here, quite possibly yes.
They are not budging on this issue, and they've already been sued by some rights group for muh rights.

There is no constitutional text that protects the mentally ill and their Jewish masterminds from taking over bathrooms. This is a states issue as it should remain. Something something human rights

Bump

We need to repeal the Civil Rights Act.

Awesome.
I pray for you in my salat, NC!

This is how civilization dies. This shit.

Daily reminder that NC = best state

There will be an agreement reached about this.
They will amend the law so that if you have removed more than 3 / 5 of your penis you can qualify as a woman.

Kek'd

Git out this is a Dixie/pol/ thread now

So they'll just do it on Tuesday
That way they "took a stand against the feds" and made their voters happy, but also bent to the feds afterwards

Well I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!

Go back to sucking cocks, Holla Forums

I am Holla Forums because I am calling you out on your degenerate shit? K m8.

Go back to the niggercock threads you're spamming, since you're clearly TRIGGERED.

Is Obama gonna bring in the army to force desegregation of the bathrooms?

Is this going to be like every other time something like this comes up, southern states and gay marriage etc? Where states make a fuss but inevitably bend over in the end because they cant exist without being on the government tit.

It wasn't really NC making a big deal out of it, it was the trannies. They're the ones crying so damn loud about pointless shit that the state sees it as a good opportunity to passively MAGA.
It'll probably happen with all other slippery slope issues.

Didn't Alabama pass a similar law? Are they getting heat for it or does everyone just expect it from Alabama?

NC should have made smaller laws that indirectly did the same shit or dress up the law as a "women's protection from potential predators law" shit to have a laugh when women and trannies inevitably clash over the law.