What's your experience with growing, raising and self-sufficiency?

what's your experience with growing, raising and self-sufficiency?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Permaculture-Designers-Manual-Bill-Mollison/dp/0908228015/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467079754&sr=1-1&keywords=permaculture a designers manual
kat.cr/permaculture-a-designers-manual-bill-mollison-t2883155.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've tried self-sucking before, but I've never been successful. I just blow all over my face.

Naming plants doesn't keep me alive, interest me, or make me feel better than other people

I tried it but first I had to move out of my mom's basement.

I love this thread op

me too. what is worrying tho is that most of these pics are of a troglodyte existence, more or less.

check out 4/out/'s Homegrowmen (Farming and Gardening) generals

I had a strawberry plant once

the strawberries it yielded were the size of peas, so I threw it in the trash

You must complete the loop to maintain self sufficiency. Nutrients flow from the ballsack, to the mouth, to the stomach, where it multiplies and nourishes the body's vital functions.

maple ground ivy pine, bottom; walnut beech and dunno

not sure what your point is. that companies spend more on advertising than species of plants?

Ray Mears Buscraft - Wild Boar Roast

Sure but knowledge is your responsibilities, not others. This is self evident, as if you were in the woods, you would die, but all those trees wouldn't have a problem, they might even tree laugh at you.

but I'm not in the woods

it would be a waste of time for me to learn the names of trees

Right, the names don't matter I agree, but you could memorize your local trees, and all their uses with a couple minutes of reading a day. Its up to you, but theres no excuse. Plus wood craft gets u pussy.

trees have other uses besides being a source of wood?

You really don't go outside do you? What do you think cavemen made hats, bows, and clothes out of? How do you think people start wet fires? Have you ever had BIRCH beer? what about root beer? Ever eaten a nut? Geez user.

I actually did that! I've been melting some aluminium and wanted to make a motherfucking sword but then I got lazy and didn't.

fishing falls under survival skills

can't remember when i last went camping

The general rule for all life is: the higher it is in the food chain the more toxins will build up in its system. If you're paranoid about getting heavy metal poisoning and whatnot stick to herbivores; eating 3rd tier animals like sharks or bears have little nutritional value (compared to the amount of work you spend hunting them) and a shit ton of crap you don't want in your body.

holy shit, bro that third pic is like…. so deep, woah….

It's fucking retarded. Grow shit that you can sell to get the things you need. Trying to do everything yourself is a waste of time and effort.

Do one thing and do it well. Maybe two or even three if they aren't time consuming things. But trying to do a hundred is the height of foolishness.

but, like, money is evil, dude

like, whoa

cough

I got my university library to buy the original book "Permaculture". That's about it.

Good stuff

I only want to do one thing and that's be self-sufficient

Bump
Always been interested in this stuff but I have no clue how to start

Start here user

amazon.com/Permaculture-Designers-Manual-Bill-Mollison/dp/0908228015/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467079754&sr=1-1&keywords=permaculture a designers manual

or d/l:

kat.cr/permaculture-a-designers-manual-bill-mollison-t2883155.html

Kids Gone Wild: Denmark's Forest Kindergartens

Yez please i desire more kind internet stranger

its okay im not planning to live on a deserted moon

I shat in the woods once

Permaculture!

Thanks for the dump

Amanitas only grow around certain tree's btw, don't get your hopes up

are you a pope?

That's how I grow up, we use to do this shit in kindergarten in the US, I don't know what the fuck happened.:(

only 90s kids won't have the patience to make themselves fucking dessert.

I want to live this kind of life.

I'd go with you

I am actually in process of building my own dome-shaped house. Nice thread, OP!post more nature infographics!

homo-oxymorus ?

Made it and have tons of ingots now.
Quit before I made anything because I didn't want to buy a mask for the toxic fumes.

what will you use to render it?

😃

apparently you can turn a desert into a forest

bink

bank

1-800-comeonnow

ive lived in a city my entire life, ive never been to an actual forest that wasnt a park

so did the spam die.
checkin'