Why didn't the Engineer just hug the humans?

Why didn't the Engineer just hug the humans?

Weren't we cute enough? ;_;

Why do we never see an alien or superiror-alien-human species be friendly to humans in film? Why is it always kill? Why couldn't he just hug those cute little mini-versions of him?

He was basically killing babies.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a817799/alien-covenant-prometheus-sequel-ridley-scott-spoilers/
avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/prometheus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know. I don't think old man Weyland was cute though. I wondered what the android said that pissed off the Engineer.

there were other humans there who didn't had tons of makeup on that made them look like an old man

would have made for a great scene to just ignore weyland and interact with the others

That Weyland wished for an extended lifetime?

I wish we could understand the Engineers view and how they saw humans. There were so many concepts and questions that were never explored.

It still was pretty stupid imo, how he woke up thousands of years after getting ordered to kill all cavemen humans to be woken up by them and the first thing he does is to just sperg out and attack them without knowing anything.

For all he knows, the order may now be void, because if he failed to do his job thousands of years ago, why haven't others picked up the task? Why does he just go beserk and attack them without getting more information from them?

How was he not sure that the weapon of the humans could vaporize him into stardust?

Ridley Scott is a hack who made them just into another monster. A HACK!

Never forget it was jew-jew abrams piece of shit as well as scotts

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?

digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a817799/alien-covenant-prometheus-sequel-ridley-scott-spoilers/

>Covenant is a follow-through to Prometheus. So we now know who created this, and why, and the next one's a joining up of the storyline. It touches on mortality, immortality and the real question of who created us and why.

and don't forget the engineers being morder hobos

Imagine you wake up after 2000 years, and your kids are coal burners.

The original sequel was going about Shaw going to their homeworld with David. Could have been nice, especially if they were more interesting than the one they found in cryosleep. Could even get an engineer hug in there somewhere. Shame that they scrapped that and the next film will be about a new group landing on another planet getting infected and eaten by xenomorphs instead of a more exploratory film about mystery and more relatable aliums. Even if they were all dead and only ruined cities remained it would still be more interesting than more chestbursting.

Renny Harlin wanted to do the alien homeworld thing (but with xenomorphs instead of engineers) even back when conceptualizing Alien 3 but it was too expensive at the time.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FFS

This is the worst prequel idea I've ever seen.

Sarcuck of mossad has something to say about it.

I saw that already

>Aliens franchise

yeah Carl it sure sucks that Prometheus wasn't about the Yautja fighting Gorilla Aliens while a bunch of Colonial Marines run around spouting one-liners. buncha fuckin' leftists ruining everything for us classical liberals huh? MAGA even though I'm from Bongistan and my wife's kid is probably half-Syrian.

hack lindelof you mean

Who hurt you, user?

the Irish.

it all makes sense now

You probably had it coming.

Time for head-canon:

I think the engineers are not the originators of the faction formerly known as the pilot race. I think they were created as servants, like androids, that's why the one shows slight amusement and compassion towards David before ripping his head off. Anyways, the point is that the xenomorphs are regressed originators or their avatars in the setting, empty, primal things without purpose, without a God. The engineers are remnants that are divided into two factions: loyalists wanting to bring back the originators and advance their legacy, while the renegades, the fallen angels want to destroy it all or take it for themselves. They either look at humanity, and they see too much of the originator in us, our sinful selfishness, the will to live and dominate, or they see us as direct competitors that need to be eliminated. Anyways, something must've gone wrong on the planet where Prometheus happens. I think the renegades sabotaged loyalist operations and one of the renegades remained back there for a reason or was forced to go cryosleep.

Mr. Scott is crashing this franchise… with no survivors!

Why does the sequel to Prometheus have to be another survival-horror film? I want to have an adventure. Leave xenomorphs to the Alien franchise.

This movie was so fucking shit, they never explain anything or give you enough details to work it out for yourself.

They need to do a Chariot of the Gods type movie, although a new aliens will probably make money from normalfags looking to flex their geek-cred.

Yeah, I think one of the things which made Prometheus sucky is that it was held back by the restrictions of the horror genre and the Alien formula. Really looked forward to see a cool film about alien contact and stuff but that's never going to happen apparently.

I agree with his basic point, that the engineer was lessened by being turned into a monster of the week but he's being almost RLM tier about it. In the early versions of the script the engineer thought the humans were aggressors. I think his allegory about dogs also was dumb, it was more like if you had a mutant ant farm, something went bad so you want to destroy it before it gets out of hand, before you get to do so you awaken and you have a small group of ants with peashooters next to you.

Prometheus was literally just a shitty rip-off of Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. There's nothing original to it, just swap Antarctica for a foreign planet, the Old Ones for tall bald dudes, and the Shoggoths for xenomorphs, and leave out the aspect of learning about the history of the extinct civilization because that would actually be interesting and we can't have modern movies be interesting. Oh, and toss in an old dude and an android who get everyone killed at the end so it can all be a conspiracy.

It's pretty disgraceful that they tried to pass this off as something new and original.

You had it coming ningen

You can't make this shit up

ALIENACCINO

To be fair even the original Alien was inspired by at the Mountains of Madness. Its sad now that we'll never get a Mountains of Madness movie because of Prometheus.

You got Eternal Darkness chill already.

I haven't played it so I'll give it a shot if I can.

I hope to God this isn't true, though I suppose if it is I'll just have to write off Covenant as bad fanfiction like Prometheus was.

Surely they can't be this retarded.

What about the fucking Xenomorph image on the wall in the jar room in Prometheus?

There were facehuggers too on the relief. I don't think anyone involved gave a shit about if anything made any sense.

Of course they can.

Not /fit/ enough.

I wish engineers looked like bald star trek lady

Do you think he was trying to solve some kind of problem?

Marshmallow men would be a better name for them IMO

Take that back.

Do you think Female engineers would be cock crazy for humans?
Is that why the Prometheus one wanted to kill everyone? Because he was a supreme gentlealium?

The lusty female engineers would be into some rapey /ss/ shit with tiny human men. The male engineers couldn't let all that looksmaxing and time spent at the gym go to waste by letting some scrawny humies steal their sluts so they tried to send their WMDs to Earth before i was too late.

The mystery of Prometheus is solved. Either that or they wanted revenge on Bob for not learning diddly squat.

I can't watch that movie anymore because I always see Dee and Dennis' dad now.

We would basically be an entire species of manlets to them.

lol what is this shit? The engineers have moved far beyond sexual reproduction.

Fuck you.

anyone in the mood for some s'mores?

Short answer: No. Long answer: Nope

Klaatu was a superior alien human and nice. Not sure if there was a hugging scene though.

Says who? Would you give up sex just to become an eunuch who clones himself? Don't think so.

it was in at least one Spaihts draft, or maybe his pitch.

Wait, so they actually are immortal?

Jesus what the fuck happened to her?

wat

I'm heart broken that they're not going to explore the marshmallow men or why they wanted to destroy us. Then again, imagine they did and the reason they wanted to destroy us is because white people are too racist. That's not even outside the spectrum of possibility.

How?

I hate midget so I understand him.

Maybe it's for the best that they never made that film. This sounds exactly like something Hollywood would do, Ridley wouldn't give a shit and just nod when the producers told him to do this because he only cares about visuals.

I explained why it was stupid

I love that pic

I would like to see the rest of Spaihts script.

there were multiple drafts, and the one that leaked was somewhere close to the last one before Lindelof got the job. the "Master Narrative" thing might've been shown during the making-of feature on the blu-ray or something, because it's not in "Alien Engineers" (the Spaihts draft that leaked).

then there's shit like this, which was shown in that making-of featurette but not in either leaked draft.

avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/prometheus/

scroll down to "Downloads" for one draft each of Lindelof and Spaihts. their description of Alien Engineers as the "original draft" is inaccurate according to Spaihts though (see attached tweets).

You mean the female engineers do not have sexual leverage anymore? I see, so this is where all the patriarchy on earth originated.

People like you are one of the reasons everyone voted for him: everyone got tired of your low-T bullshit.

The engineer would have killed you first for being a retard among retards.

You don't have the ability to read between the lines and notice hard on the nose sarcasm. You take everything literally and at face value. Worthless newfags like you are the reason Holla Forums and Holla Forums have declined in quality.

^this

who takes this guy seriously? he takes the most asinine aspects of shit and pontificates about them in an extremely boring manner while using tone to make it sound like he's saying deep shit.

Is it the accent? What is fooling people to think that this dude has anything interesting to say? Is his audience actually dumber than him? What's going on here?!

Fuck user I had forgotten all about Prometheus and Bob. That was a great short.

Thanks user. I look forward to reading it.

I've noticed that Americans think that if a person has a British accent it somehow means that person is smart.

He got on board that "talking smugly over feminists and sjws" at the perfect time and got a huge following. Really wish I did the same for some jewtube shekels.

But that would only last in the short term and you'll be left behind when the next big thing happens though.

Fucking kikes I swear

I fucking love trump u retard!

yes.

Didn't know engineer's could grow hair