Why do websites use so many google scripts?

Why do websites use so many google scripts?

Why do I have to enable fonts.googleapis.com just to see the correct font on some text?

Die Juden

because it's easy, and it saves time.

And they don't care.

It's 50% incompetence and 50% malice

Install Decentraleyes
Disallow pages to embed fonts

Because 1) you went in with the invalid assumption that text on a webpage should have a "correct" font or 2) your OS is shit and lacks reasonable unicode coverage

Ask them

because the web designer is fucking incompetent
out of all the methods he could have used, he picked the god damn javascript
fuck web designers
if you really don't want to run their js and you're a fat autist then scrape their fonts, install them and create a big custom style sheet with stylish, problem solved

oh no the scary generic reusable apis are going to botnet your distro

Because they're highly reliable "free" services that save web devs time (no need to manage font files on your own server), money (free hosting/cdn), and give you precise data (there are zero no hassle alternatives to the data google analytics can provide you). Just open a google account, drop a script in to your source code, and you're good to go. Faustian bargain? what faustian bargain?

Until open sores can provide a more convenient alternative, more sites will continue to use google scripts. And even if it comes to that, "no one got fired for using google xyz.js" will probably hold it back forever.

Fuck you Josh!

Holla Forums had this problem for awhile, some google .css script was used.

Even now there's the issue of youtube thumbnails that hasn't been dealt with.

Nice quads but fuck you Josh.

I want Holla Forums to leave.

back to the pig farm with you

Holla Forums, please leave.

Not to mention Josh, which isn't the poster in question, was the only one who gave a shit. Your crippled lord leaked user data to a SJW outlet for free coverage, in order to circlejerk with some furfag spammer.

josh detected

Retard detected.

because they don't think of your privacy, like most web users today

Probably because they source a font from fonts.googleapis.com, dummy.

Check 'em.

Most sites are using shit that isn't even in Unicode to begin with; Twitter and Facebook icons. These should have been mapped to private use. In other cases they use Unicode, but in their webfont they don't match the code points. So your comment about coverage is false. So when the webfont is turned off or god forbid doesn't load once those services are gone the page no longer is readable despite the OS having coverage.

I disagree with the web page being able to pick a proper font. As if most of these people have any clue about typography. Not to mention they are fighting a losing battle trying to make sites look exactly a certain way. This is a different issue, but it is why they use webfonts.

Webfonts may have been acceptable with only the following conditions
* the browser was handling them in a secure way (haha...)
* they mapped their points to Unicode properly
* they didn't require JavaScript to load
* the site looks proper when they fail to load (Google discontinues stuff all the time)
* they aren't hosted on an advertising companies server
* the fonts aren't larger than the page

Probably a few more I can't think of. I have seen all of those violated more times than I can remember.

No need to install privacy invading shit. Install Gorhill's Qblock Origin and toggle the blocking of remote fonts.

Infact the only addons u should ever have in your browser is Qmatrix and Qblock Origin.

Remote fonts are a tracking method, webmasters who do this often don't know, they are not getting paid for it.

It's the jews.

Isn't there some way to download these fonts then write a script that replaces references to Google fonts with the local fonts? I imagine it'd be faster than having to download these fonts repeatedly and be much more secure as well.

How the hell is Decentraleyes "privacy invading shit" it's just a copy of commonly used web libraries so you never hit the CDN but use a local copy instead, thwarting tracking.

It includes commonly used versions of: AngularJS, Backbone.js, Dojo, Ember.js, Ext Core, jQuery, jQuery UI, Modernizr, MooTools, Prototype, Scriptaculous, SWFObject, Underscore.js, and Web Font Loader.

i want intl to leave