It took the tumor that is tumblr THIS LONG to find out about a concept as simple as exif data

I'm wewing inside

It's hard to come across new information when you are inside an echo chamber of social justice faggotry. I'm sure someone will come up with a way that this information is racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic, and extremely problematic, and tell this person to check their privilege

[File > Save As...] on 99% of image editing programs and suddenly exif data goes poof.

Hard to remove indeed.

I sympathize with tumblr

I made a video of my dog and it get about 11,000 views on youtube. Someone copied it and got 32 million.

That's when you monetize their video.

Sounds like the person who stole your video got cucked by Facebook, since FB counts autoplays (and thus generates higher figures) and takes all the resulting revenue.

So basically are they putting the dox with the picture ?

If we wanted to troll em hard, why not make a better version of the picture, with a password authentication system ?

If you want to troll them harder, make GPG keys for the cow in question, then replace their metadata with nonsensical invalid signatures and put a reddit watermark on it.

Two things none have discussed:
1. tumblr removes exif and re-renders images.
2. Image-file proving requires stenography, non LSB, with obvious PKI&Paraphrasing salt.

Cheapest way: 2 QR code layers (background and foremost), one intermediate salt layer, opacities

Maybe the original post was a clever ruse

Pretty sure that's not how law works.

It's steGAnography, goddammit.

Perhaps he is taking very rapid notes

Submit a copyright claim and take the ad revenue you dumb fuck.

Don't be a chatty cathy user.

Was&am on cellphone, it autocorrected, apologies.

On that topic

What's the easiest way to wipe all metadata without touching the image itself?

For instance you can't re-save a JPG file in an image editor because it will get double compressed.

Use install exiftool and wipe all the metadata with it. It's what I use when I upload photos to Holla Forums.

You are bullshit, 32 million is pretty fucking viral. If you're not lying to us then please post the video

How come even when Tumblr tries being smart they fail miserably? They should just stick to imaginary Gender Studies tbh

the hunters have become the hunted.

Screenshot that fucker

use pngs like a decent human being

tumblr you have been hacked 😎

What's exif data?

muh oridjonal oc donut steel © me

This intellectual property meme really needs to die.

Converting jpg images to png is a bigger cancer than jpg itself.

But they've actually taken something from him. That advertising revenue could have been his. A single pirate denies a single view (and maybe not even that), whereas a freebooter denies potentially millions and then profits from it.

It's the information economy. Recognition and attention have value.

Where did this ridiculous notion that something you never had can be taken from you come from?

embed the jpeg as album art in an empty flac for maximum quality

wew

File a DMCA takedown.

But user, real copyright law is RACIST!

I can steal your future with a twitch of my finger. Can you prove that you have life, as a quantifiable thing? A measurable amount of energy and mass?

Someone spreads a meticulously-crafted lie that you're a child molester, and suddenly your education degree is worthless. You can never be a teacher, all because of some faggot with a hateboner for you destroying all of your potential income and your good reputation.

Someone claims to be you, and collects donations for some hardship you experienced, but got over. Skeptics will look up the name and the events, and find them to be true, and that will be all they need. The scammer gets paid for your existence.

None of this would take anything from me. Nice off-topic post though, must have felt good writing it.