I just bought a v8 mustang manual because everyone told me I'd be a big pussy if I got such a car in an automatic and I...

I just bought a v8 mustang manual because everyone told me I'd be a big pussy if I got such a car in an automatic and I fucking suck at driving em.
I started today and I kept trying to take off but I KEPT FUCKING STALLING THE CAR AND I FREAK OUT SOMEONE HELP ME I WANT TO ENJOY MY CAR

What are you, fucking 16? Once you get my age nobody really cares what you drive.

What kind of superficial retard are you? Drive what works best for you and what you like. Idiot.

you are probably sperging out to much
if you dont know how to drive manual then you are not going to learn it the first time you try it
its going to take weeks to get the hang of it if you dont have anyone to teach you.
watch some youtube videos on how to drive stick
and videos about clutch control.
just be patient and youll get it

1. Let clutch out until you feel it start to bite.
2. Little more accelerator
3. Finish releasing clutch then increase accelerator
4. Rip sum skids boyo!

Here is what happens when you put your foot on the clutch (friction plate in the middle, Flywheel on bottom)

FUGG
Now with added gif!

Just don't over rev it or you will burn your clutch out or worse

th-thank you ;_;

Manual shift cars are just too much of a pain in the ass to drive. I can't stand them now.
Even race cars use paddle shifters now, not sticks.

okay faggot, it's time you learned to be a real man and drive a stick shift

i had to learn with my overbearing mother in the car yelling over and over at me to 'SLIP THE CLUTCH!!!!' how the fuck is that supposed to help me? what does that even mean?

i'm just going to lay it out for you like i wish she had-

1. push the clutch petal all the way in
2. choose a gear (probably gear 1)
3. slowly release the clutch while AT THE SAME TIME slowly pushing down on the gas petal

one petal goes up - one petal goes down

you are using both of your feet simultaneously

CHANGING GEARS-

once you are moving it's much easier

push in the clutch- pick the gear- and release the clutch

you don't even need the gas as much because the engine is already going

here's what's actually going on (ignore this if it's confusing to you)-

the 'clutch' is a giant disk with teeth on it

it spins and interacts with a series of gears that are all different sizes

it 'clutches' and 'unclutches' the gears

you control this 'clutching' action with your clutch petal

you can fuck up your gear by not putting in the clutch petal when you change gears with the shifter. you will hear a horrifying grinding noise and an odd smell and this is called 'grinding gears' and it's real bad so try not to do it

especially with a brand new sports car

good luck newfag

you're going to need it

also, when you want to stop, be sure to push in the clutch or you will stall

and that's pretty much all you need to know

now practice until it becomes second nature

there are many advantages to driving stick

you have more control because you can choose the gear that's right for the situation

it takes a long time to fully appreciate all of the benefits to this extra control over your movement

but it's well worth it to learn and stick shift cars are cheaper and simpler and often cheaper to repair

Fucking lol this user is a god

Thank you user. You are a great man

Here's OP in action

Don't forget that brake pedal

most dual clutch transmissions are basically standard manual transmission design in a box that can be electronically shifted between two liquid clutches.

or something worse…

Go out in a parking lot someplace. Clutch in all the way, shift into first. No throttle at all. Let the clutch out slowly until the car starts to roll, then push it back in again. Do this twenty or thirty times until you get a feel for the clutch.

Now practice applying gas as you let out the clutch. Once you get up to 10 MPH or so, push the clutch in right away and let off the gas. Do this twenty or thirty times until you are comfortable with playing off the clutch and the throttle.

Now it has been at least 15 minutes, and either you can drive stick (*) or you are a pitiful excuse for a human being.

(*) Even once you know what you are doing you will still stall every couple months. You'll feel like an idiot but then you'll laugh and realize you're still three or four orders of magnitude better than the plebs driving automatics.

Manual master race.

>Even once you know what you are doing you will still stall every once and awhile
FTFY

jumping into a different car can really mess with your muscle memory for a few minutes, getting use to different clutch bite and weight can cause a lot of fuck ups if it doesn't have much torque.

OP you are a faggot for being such a whiny bitch

I myself drive stick and taught myself through trial and error

how to engage: (assume you are at full stop)

1.clutch IN
2.first gear
3.accelerate enough 800-1000 rpm
4.let go of the clutch slowly if you want a smooth start
5. voila

it doesn't matter how slow or fast you let the clutch as long as you have gas it isn't going to stall.

when you are coming to a stop you just put it in neutral that way you don't need to keep stepping on the clutch

Don't forget that whenever braking, push the clutch in all the way. So if you're going to brake, push the clutch in.

do you even engine braking?

I'll agree it's a decent idea to do as you said if you know you're coming to a stop (no point in down shifting if you can't move in the immediate future), you don't need to disengage the clutch when braking unless you're coming to a complete stop or needing to down shift. stay in gear as much as you can so you have control of the car.

also OP, don't hold the clutch in for a long time at stops, you can wear out the throwout bearing prematurely, just throw it in neutral. the gear stick isn't a hand rest either, you can put wear on the forks and internal transmission components if you keep weight on it. just shift and take your hand(or weight) off it. before you go shifting without the use of the clutch, while you can do it, it puts wear on the synchronizers and it is not worth an early trans rebuild.

idk about the 302 fords idle but that seems a bit high.
how to abuse your clutch, flywheel, and drive train in one simple step!

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Stick is way easier to operate than most retards give it credit for.

Now driving stick in San Francisco, THAT is hell on earth.

Took me like 20 hours to master manual gearbox

Also it depends of your car's behaviour. I guess a Mustang is pretty good so it must be easy. Manual gearbox is like a muscial instrument, it's all feelings. Keep calm, try to learn how does it work and learn how to use it as cool as you can.

Cheers

this fucking thread

That's a heavy car with a brutish engine to drive with a manual box. What a dick you are to buy it.

Are you saying it's impossible, fam?

I can't tell if this is bait or not but I'll bite. Fist off you are an insecure faggot. Only insecure faggots that know nothing about cars buy mustangs. Second you got manual transmission despite not being able to drive manual just so you could pretend you like cars again because you are an insecure faggot. On top of that everyone already knows you know nothing about cars because you bought a mustang. If you want to enjoy it though you can strap a dildo to you seat so that yo get fucked in the ass while your car is lurching because you don't know how to drive.

I can learn, user!

The three steps to the self taught manual

before beginning this find a straight stretch of road 1/2 mile long or so and get your car there i don't care how.

STEP 1: Learning the grip point

hold in the clutch and start the car, put the vehicle in first gear and slowly let out on the clutch. the vehicle will begin to move and eventually you will be able to completely release the clutch and have the vehicle roll along on its own, at this point press in the clutch and move into second gear and repeat this process until you are in fifth gear. DO THIS TWICE!!! TWO TIMES! from first gear to fifth two times. it feels redundant but you ARE learning something called muscle memory for that limb and you are recognizing the feedback from the vehicle that says you are in the grip zone.

Step 2: Using the Accelorator.

Now you are going to repeat the exact process from step one BUT as you let out on the gear and the vehicle moves, you can use the accelerator very gently to apply more torque and move through the gears more quickly.

Step 3: Smooth and Shifty

Finally perform the task from step two but focus on a smooth exchange from second to third gear untill your shift is a smooth transition that does not result in uncomfortable jerks of the vehicle. then practice from first to second.

and your done, you know how to drive a Manuel in ten minutes, self taught.

thats a really nice car.
Try to drive using only the clutch, letting it go very slowly. Rinse and repeat, until you get a feeling for it. Do not accelerate while releasing the clutch. In germany, you would be fucked.

I had my dad drive me and my manual Mustang to an empty parking lot then he gave me some tips and left me there. I had to either learn or walk home. Like other anons have said, let the clutch out slowly until you feel it catch then get on the throttle slowly.
But be careful on hills!
First time I had to start on one I just about gave up, but you can find some good tutorials on youtube.
Also >>>/o/ has some threads on the subject. Good luck, OP!

you'll stall with a v8, bro. no revs, no torque with 8pots.

European here

What's wrong with Mustangs?

I've been to the west coast once, and I was seeing Mustangs and Camaros everywhere, they seem to be nice cars to me, we never see such models here

So what's wrong with modern muscle cars?

"People who own them are faggots" and "Mustang is like a tampon, every pussy has one" are not arguments, I need facts.

cheap, RWD, abundant, older ones are shit for heavy corners on stock coils/shocks. anyone from a 16yo on their first car to your grandmother can find one that would fit their propose.
there's so many of the fuckers I don't even bat an eye when I see one, and that's part of the issue with the "get a mustang to be cool/stand out" makes you look like a faggot. oh you got a cheap production sports car, good for you.

don't get me wrong, they're fun and cheap as fuck to maintain. the after market is huge, so if you have a worry, someone has a fix. I could blow a gear in a T5 trans and refurbish the entire thing for a few hundred bucks in parts and come out on top.

my thoughts exactly

Basically, you're saying that it's not hipsterish enough for you?
I'm another eurofag, and I'd love to own one of 'em new muscles.

Amerifag here, let me break it down for you.

There's nothing inherently "wrong" per se about Mustangs. the newer models are actually really fucking good. Great power to weight ratios, cheap(for what they are), easily driven thanks to Ford ditching their inept dev teams and hiring people who know how to make a car corner. They're just all around good cars to get in to if you want to get in to muscle cars and want something modern.

The stigma with them comes from the community. Mustangs have long since been viewed as dudebro cars, driven by the nest step up of faggot from ricers driving their mom's riced out Honda Civic or Accord. I can't tell you how many times I've met a douchestang(they're called that for a reason) driver at a meet and had him run his mouth for no reason other than to look cool. You get him in a quarter mile drag, and they lose. Every time. Without fail. This is also the reason for there being so many mustang driver compilations on YouTube. Half of them can't even drive their own car.

Ow yiss
What about the Camaros and Challengers? What would be the best to import? I seriously consider buying one of them out here in Europe. I won't be considered a cunt here, because hell, I'd be one in a hundred thousand to own one.

I'm more partial to the Camaros myself. I've driven the Challenger before, and to me it is just too big and bulky to drive. Funny when talking about a muscle car, right? But no, they are just slightly better than a 4th gen Firebird if you've driven one of those for visibility.

The Camaro is a lot sleeker in my opinion, and to me is a lot lighter on its feet than the Challenger was when I test drove it. Felt more "peppy."

alright thanks. The Challenger looks bulky too anyways. And if you could compare the Camaro to the Mustang? I never drove a Firebird: Pontiac has stopped selling round here since 1989, and I only saw one in Europe in my life.

no, I'm biased. I grew up around a GT350 that looks just like that pic, along with other mustangs.
I'm numb to them, same with some camaros. if I'm not driving it/in it I'm not very interested in the car itself but just the components and setup.

big land yachts are my thing.

Is that a Riviera with the shifting headlights? You Americans are very lucky with cars. Can't say the same when French people only love the Citroën 2CV or the Renault 4L. I'll own a big "land yacht" as you say one day.

Ultimately it all comes down to looks. The only direct comparison I can give is that the Mustang feels more "planted", whereas the Camaro I have is more eager to spin the tires.

Honestly I'd go Mustang since it'd be cheaper for you, but if you had an extra 15 to 20 grand I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Camaro.

Yeah, since they are imported by Ford now they are a lot cheaper. But I won't buy those for the saving, I'll go for a Camaro anyways. I wondered if the Mustang was better but as they doesn't sound like it, seems like I'm going for the Chevy.

yep.
saw one in person not to long ago, they're very pretty cars up close. interior is amazing too, this shitty wiki picture doesn't do it justice.

i can't speak for the newer dodge and ford stuff, but the recent Camaros have a lot of blind spots.

sweet ride.

Hey, it won't be my everyday car. I can even parade with it here if I want, nobody knows these rides round here.

If I wanted an everyday US ride, I'd go for a caddy ATS I guess. Any engine would do.