You know a board is dead when there's not a single thread discussing the latest breakthrough in modern GPU

You know a board is dead when there's not a single thread discussing the latest breakthrough in modern GPU.

Then make the thread, nigger

If people wouldn't sit around saying it's dead, and posted shit they wanted to talk about, they wouldn't need to complain that it's dead.

did pascal launch? no.

I didn't care for any GPU advancements since release of Intel HD 4000. Literally 0 use for anything stronger. I will wait for open source GPU in distant future. probably never ;-;

Nigger, Holla Forums is way too fast. It has too many low-information posters who can't even write a fizzbuzz, so all we get are browser threads, idiots taking bait, and software war threads because that's all they are familiar with.

When /g/ first moved into Holla Forums en masse, it was the cream of the crop who were sick of the low-information posters sperging out over consumer tech - like OP. One day out of nowhere, Holla Forums was hovering around 4th most popular board and we were full of people from other boards who didn't know dick about actual tech shit. Not sure if it was the chicken or the egg there. They never left and now we're flooded with /g/-tier refuse who only talk about trivial things because that's all they're qualified to talk about. Just like immigration, if you only take in a few they learn to assimilate but if you take it too many at once they irreversibly alter the culture and force the natives to change.

Holla Forums has always been shit

Off yourself newfag

why would anyone here care aboutthe new GAMER NUHVIDYA TITANXD proprietary shitcard

$599 USD LOL

nerd

Holla Forums is for talking about...

Shit I don't even know, the board's dead and filled with meme posting.

Guess meme posting it is.

RIP Holla Forums

Compared to what? A fucking 980?
You're the nigger laying out supposed benchmarks of something they haven't even released. You're not even discussing Pascal, you're just jerking off over supposed increases in performance of a consumer card.
How about you actually make a thread to dsicuss the hardware instead of this shit thread.

1) We'll never see any benefits in vidya because console limitations have defined gaming for a decade (except for Crysis 1, which was an anachronism).
2) Everything is so sekrit and proprietary with GPUs that there are no new features ever worth getting excited about. This also means this thread can be nothing but normalfag consumerism.
3) Power consumption is already far too high and they've pushed it higher. Enjoy the jet engine.

When they presented the 980/970s they also claimed shit. Never forget the 3.5 GB or how inefficient they handle DX12. They treat free software like shit, don't even expect any drivers for the BSDs.

bump

aw come on, guy
there are 2 audio threads active now.
that's almost a record

I'd like to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as tech/consumer hardware is in fact tech/technology. There really is consumer hardware board and for some, it is vital part of their chan experience, but it's but a part of the whole system and should not be confused with the technology board.

PROPRIETARY
R
O
P
I
E
T
A
R
Y

IT'S OVER AMD IS FINISHED

Good goy, keep shilling for consumerist crap.

wait.
isn't OP complaining about consumerist crap?

Sorry not everyon'e a shutin NEET shitposting on a dead site user

Better a slow board than reddit infested shithole. Although I see typing patterns straight from reddit here too.

Takes one to know one..

It's not even their new upcoming architecture it's just a shitty gaming card intended for poorly optimized console parts. I'm glad it's not being discussed here.

I've been on /g/ before leddit even existed. Of course I'd know what a newfag looks like, shithead.

Wow you wasted so much of your life, what a hero.

Your mother must be so proud.

NVIDIA WINS AGAIN

What's the breakthrough? Did someone crack the encrypted firmware on nvidiatrash so they can continue writing non-shitty drivers for it on their own dime? That's wonderful dear, now fuck off.

bump

Why is no one talking about how that motherboard looks like an ancient civilization

How is this place dead? Whenever I have a question I come here and get answers. My amplifier and headphone thread both got replies within minutes.

Here's how it happens:

oy vey how dare people buy products with money they got from having a job instead of living on garbage pulled from dumpsters like you

Testing VPN

VPN worked! For now.

fugg, supposed to be in the shitwheels fix your shit thread

sup reddit

sup fag

m8
Libreboot does not support discrete graphics cards, it only supports embedded graphics card (i.e. Intel 4000 series). Coreboot will support up to AMD HD 7xxx series graphics cards. If you want anything newer than that, then you'll have to complain to AMD to open source their radeon software already.

Nvidia post-AGP socket cards are cancer and should be pulled from dumpsters only.

TheMoreYouSage

bump

RIP AMD

No it's a thread about how dead the board is. Try being less retarded and learning how to read.

Bump.

saged and called the imageboard police

bumped and called your parents.

AMDs new cards seems like they should be better. 14nm instead of 16, and hopefully HBM. The whole field feels really stalled though, like we're lagging a generation behind. Even these new coming cards, might be 14-16nm, but they're not the full promised package.

And as always, doesn't really matter what nvidia say about performance until we see benches. Benches on games. Nobody should be deluding themselves that these cards are really about anything else. (or that you care about supercomputing shit)

#include int main(void){ int i; for(i=1; i

Been using integrade graphics for five years now, waiting for the right card.

Don't let me down 2016.

Nice try, nvidia intern. Good luck on getting that contract renewal that's never coming.

Yes I'm sure the most prestigious GPU manufacturer is paying someone to shill in a dead site filled with unemployed spergs.

>>>/reddit/

hey guys do you know why it's called the GTX 1080?

because when you see it you turn 1080 degrees and walk away!

>>>/suicide/

You're either a shill, or a newfag. Either way, fuck off.

Why not just use an if-elseif-else statement?

Some one will be willing to discuss, just ignore shitposts.

kek

Why hasn't mods deleted this thread yet?

Plot twist: OP is talking about Vulkan.

omgawd

Jokes on you, it's an ATI card
:^)

This.
Yall've been rused.

RED ROSTER ON SUICIDE WATCH