Untitled

:^(
Ask a faggot whose linux distro breaks every 15 minutes anything

also get thread

88 i guess

Which distro?
faggot

I tried installing different tools on ubuntu/gnome and I ended up breaking it, and every time I try to fix it I end up making the kernel panic and have to reboot

I'd like to fix it but I only have 1 year of experience so I might as well start over

achtundachtzig、Eighty-eigh

a year but I rarely go out of my comfort zone because I don't want to break it, like I just did…

any tips?

Choose a better distro.

what's easier :^) than gnome on ubuntu?

Easiness is an illusion. You only learn when you dive in, imo. If you have enough free time, try an Arch install. The wiki has excellent documentation to guide you through how to do stuff.

Is that what you use? I've seen plenty of smack talk about gentoo and arch, mainly about how they're time-consuming because everything breaks too. What do you use? It's fun to experiment but I've tried trial/error before in life and it isn't exciting but it is fun.

I have using ubuntu for years and i never broke the system, what the fuck it's worong with you fagget.

:^) I tried going out of my comfort zone by messing with the kernel and with the other partitions. I honestly thought I understood like 75% of what I was doing but apparently I didn't

oh and thanks for the tip user, I'll try it as soon as i get some sleep

after i wake up of course, kind of late

lol, don't install arch just stay with ubuntu or mate.

plebs dont understand whats is sleep two hours and wake up with full energy.
no, it's not cocaine.

I do 5 hours but not 2, jesus that's insane

and why now the discouragement?

I've been using Arch for a year now. I think that Arch's reputation for breaking a lot is from how it used to be - I've not had a problem with it when I've been using it. It's a lot easier to customise than any other distro I've used, and everything's designed around simplicity (though, there is a requirement for some technical know-how for the simplicity to make sense).

well i'll try it anyway, thanks user

install gentoo
nah jk, install linux mint

le meme distro

INSTALL GENTOO

install gentoo

Actually i installed Gentoo successfully, but I broke the system after one week of use. Now i use Devuan.

install windows

Just back up your home folder and either reinstall the same thing or install something new. I had a bunch of problems on my Ubuntu unity OS. It would randomly crash and I was getting all kinds of error messages. I installed kubuntu and shit is so cash. Then just don't install stuff that breaks it.

Checked.

triple dubs

GIT DUBZ

git bubz 2.0

git dubz 3.0

git dubz 4.0

git dubz 5.0

git dubz 6.0

git dubz 7.0

git dubz 8.0

git dubz 9.0

Once you know what you're doing, Arch isn't time-consuming at all. It'll take a lot of time for you to set it up initially if you're new to Linux, but after that it should be plain sailing. Just don't forget to subscribe to the arch news mailing list thing, because the devs aren't opposed to changing things that'll break your system if you don't keep up.

DEM DUBZ GOT GIT

ooh check'em didn't see that one

Why haven't you upgraded to #WIN10FAM yet?

Probably something wrong with your hardware, like your ram, or corruption on your drive.

Most of the complaints people have about any OS often boils down to that. Don't blame the messenger. No modern OS breaks this hard unless someone is using shitty drivers, which you don't do by accident and is just asking for it.

He tried to recompile the kernel, what do you expected?

I have a win10 partition but I only use it software that isn't directly linux compatible, I dislike running a vm without absolutely needing it. I prefer to just boot up win10, it takes like 10 seconds or so

it's not the hardware I know that for sure.
I'm using a stock desktop from bestbuy because cheap uni student but I use a nice one for real work, probably

Yeah it's the same with anything, I mean the learning curve is steeper for this os than other oses out there

yeah it was for school and I tried getting gud but I guess it just doesn't work out sometimes :^)
I'll try to not mess around with the kernel as much with arch and I'll just do a fresh install of everything

why is everyone complaining about gentoo being a meme distro? I tried it and i didn't break that one within the first month of using it

55 get

off by one