A fast and intuitive interface, including a powerful suite of administrative and productivity tools...

a fast and intuitive interface, including a powerful suite of administrative and productivity tools, so you can focus on work, while XP focuses on your safety.

reminder that registering your desktop as a POS machine gets you security updates until 2019

Other urls found in this thread:

gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Mint-XP (GTK3, GTK2 & metacity pack)?content=162905
askvg.com/download-official-windows-xp-themes-no-uxtheme-patching-required/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there even any security updates worth giving a shit about though? I already disabled Windows Update like eight years ago and it didn't hurt a bit.

more like POZready

WinXP has the comfiest task bar of any OS ever especially when you set the color to Night or whatever it was called. I can't believe they got rid of it for disgusting aero overengineered transparent bullshit.

Night?
There was Luna, Silver and Olive colors for that theme

I had a dark theme last time I installed XP, probably since it was cracked edition. It turned it really dark blue/purple.

Officially there was a Zune theme

I'm not up to date with Windows anymore, but did they really call a product piece of shit ready 2009?

Point Of Sale

I was gonna use Windows POSReady 2009 for gaymen, but XP is fucking illegible on 1080p screens and changing font/DPI did fuckall to help. Airgapped Win7 is still the best for a straight gaymen machine.

you kidding. XP pro is excellent on all resolutions, i've been using 1920x1200 displays since 2008. before that I had a 1600x1200 monitor since 2001.

Is halfchan down or something?

That's the default theme on Media Center Edition, it's called "Royale" there.

Fag.

>>>/reddit/

Kek.

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are last pre-botnet Windows. 8+ is cucked.

(Pic is 2008 R2 Datacenter.)

Keep telling yourself that, dumbass.

watch out we got a pro gamer here.

my computer addresses only 3.5GiB of RAM in both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. So tell me the exact disadvantage to using XP for gaymen, since you seem to be so fucking smart.

Do you have anything better, btrfscup?

Does XP have compatibility issues with modern applications/drivers?

On the 1st of februari 2016, microscoft forced all their OS's to download WIN10 updates on their systems. Even if they had automatic updates disabled and even if you blocked their servers, they created a specific new domain for it to circumvent blocks. The prepackaged files altered your system, to include more snooping capabilities. They appologized for it, the files remained, the files and registry alterations remained.

Welcome to the botnet.

This is why u were insulted.

U should run linux (debian) servers, u run your own stack. I often wonder why i was forced to learn windows 7 and 2008 server bullshit. It became fairly obvious that the people in power at my school did so because for monetary reasons. Bribery.

Just like Intel did to win the market share. You bribe the people who make or influence executive decisions.

If you can create a populace that only uses windows and looks to windows for it's problems and doesn't know anything else; guess what they are going to implement when they finally get to a corporate environment.

winshit.

Also what kind of retard has a browser installed on a server! RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I tried installing it on a laptop a few years back and of refused, I can't even get 7 not bluescreen on my newest computer.

Also I heated somewhere the 64bit edition didn't work so good.

XP 32 remains excellent on any machine with just or right below 4gigs of RAM, but since I upgraded the hardware of my desktop I'm dualbooting XP 64-bit and Debian. Has Win7 for gaymes but it's collecting dust i didn't even register its partition on the grub for a while.
XP64 used to be awful a while ago when it came out, but now, drivers makers does know what they're doing when developing 64bit drivers.
16Gb detected perfectly, boots faster than Linux on SSD, USB3 was even detected and installed, thanks Gigabyte for adding a patch for it.

The Bads:
Despite being actually recent, there's free software makers who purposedly ensure their software won't run on XP. It's the case for Brave, and Firefox 64 bit which used to work perfectly fine in its early stages. then they decided to ditch XP/2003 X64.

Games only support DX9 but again, no much trouble.
CS5 works like a charm on it, but since it's a PC for working with, I'm gonna stay with my legit CS4. It supports GPU acceleration, 64bit version.

I'm pretty certain anything designed for win32 works without issues here. I have a lot of old, pricey scanners and other equipments that aren't really supported and are incompatible with Windows 7, so what's the point of upgrading in these conditions? There's none.

Standing against forced obsolescence can be often surprising.

Windows XP has been relegated to meme OS.

It only supports up to DX9.

DX9 doesn't prevents me to play the games I like, for the new shit I can still boot on Win8. But I cant tell when was the last time I used Win8.

I think WinXP / Win7 are like some vintage Ford. Built like a tank and you can fix it, little or no electronics, while modern Fords are absolutely worthless.

ubuntu-tier
shit/10

botnet/10

source?

Powerful and unsecure.

What? They have so many security holes even /r9k/ wouldn't fuck them, and when they break it's closed source so you have to fuck around in some poorly document obscure directory structure/registry structure or reinstall

How so? They get security patches like everything else.

sorry I meant
>implying any windows version is or ever was something other than shit

lol

Some of us are forced to work/study on shitty OS. At least the WDDM2 is gud.

not true at all, i have never gotten windows 10 anything on my computer and i have all MS server blocked and everything disabled
debian is just as much of a botnet as windows is now with systemd same with any other Linux distro that uses systemd
enjoy your vulns fag

HAHAHAHAHA NIGGA ARE YOU GAY?

XP is definitively not a botnet.
that's why 90% of offices and administrations still run it. and hey, even graphic/design studios.

and even when the security patches are over, anyways your only security should be to keep only needed ports opened on your router.

also, knowing what a .exe file is.

- security is flawless if you use basic commonsense
- XP's theme engine isn't like aero or metro, it takes a few megabytes of ram and not heavy on GDI resources.
- when you operate as the administrator, you can really start and stop necessary or unwanted services, enhancing your security.
- backup and restore of the system takes a few minutes and clicks by booting from a liveCD.
- boots faster than Win7/win8 would need to recover from hibernating. (Tested on a I5, 6Gb RAM Dell, WD Black SATA3)
- i don't know ONE brand of modern hardware (Asus, Gigabyte, Lenovo, HP, Dell) who doesn't include a download for XP drivers
- XP64 being based on Server 2003 is likely uncrashable once you installed and tested all the drivers.
- if you own software AND hardware, used for productivity that would require all to be upgraded in order to be compatible with the new windows, it is the definition of stupidity, and falling for the mandatory obsolescence.
- 90% of PC users don't actually need to upgrade, it's a scam.

Anything that is close source is botnet faggot! deal with it!

What ironic is OSX is even better than any Windows operating system in 2016. Top fucking kek!

????
do you have autism or something ?

Wasted quads

you just went full retard. never go full retard.

He's right. At least you get a nice terminal.

mac always had the benefit of being a modern, commercially supported unix-like system

You're insane.

where could a pleb grab POS09

Guys help me

I need to install the Zune theme

But it refuses to install on XP x64

its shit for games nowadays, which is the only point of using Windows.
shit driver support for anything new
its horrible for security and has a large library of malware made for it specifically
its slower than GNU/Linux.
everything you liked about it is better in GNU/Linux.

i don't really see a reason to use it

user, I...

The Microsoft website. You need a product key anyways. Alternatively, you can use any XP Professional image and then edit the registry to receive POSReady 2009 updates.

You're not allowed to install themes to XP without a registry edit. Google is your friend.

fuck you

What? I added them fine to the 32 bit version, it's just the 64 bit that Zune thinks it's incompatible with

No, the Royale theme is different.

One thing that always impressed me about XP was the charm that it had. They added in so many little things that just made it so memorable and great. It was too great, to the point where people refused to "upgrade" and Microsoft had to try and force them.

Things like the installation music, the XP tour, and the actually quite great pinball game all made XP what it was to so many people. The fact that the default wallpaper wasn't empty like it was before, nor was it some bland logo like it has been in 7 onward. Even the retarded things like the shitty office helper add to XP's personality. Perhaps that's what made/makes XP so great and the reason so many people I knew were genuinely sad when Microsoft killed its support. It feels almost human in a way. That's something I respect greatly, even though I generally prefer *nix.

Piece of shit?

XP always was a piece of shit

False, Microsoft don't force anyone.

Yeah, it was all downhill after XP. I really like the aesthetics of all the Windows 9x operating systems, but XP feels more immediately warm and inviting.

Nice cringe thread we have going on here

I know it's such a millenial thing to say, but that shit was an integral part of the latter parts of my childhood.

Too bad 2008 ruined everything.

Exactly, Windows 10 and even 7 are so sterile and gay.

XP is just so comfy and colorful and at the same time slick professional too.

Different palette, same shit

What I was thinking too

Say, there are GTK themes for replicating XP's UI, right?

Consume fecal matter, fam.

I found this:
gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Mint-XP (GTK3, GTK2 & metacity pack)?content=162905

I know for a fact you can make TDE look like XP.

Linux has never looked this good!

Oh wow, I actually thought those were pictures of XP until I looked at the window titles.

fuckin' pure babe magnet

I know your impressed by the branding but server windows is full of extraneous prpcesses.

Use ultimate/enterprise instead

bad feels man

only really early builds of windows 95 are not botnetted.
also
LOL

Lel.

Spent a little while getting Mint MATE with Compiz to look like XP. I can't get the MintMenu button to look like the Start button though. I tried expanding the width of the picture but the button just added more transparency on the sides of it so I can't get it to touch the edge of the screen.

Windows UI peaked with the classic XP theme. Nothing since has looked as clean and refined.

I dont think you know what people mean by botnet >>>/halfchan/

what

I pirated windows 7 so I didn't get that.

Should I use Xp ? I'm current running Windows 10 and I have another HD free to install any OS. I'd instal arch linux for security things (but i can install xp too). What about virus? Since the Xp support has ended, and there is a trick to still get the updates, but i cant believe if it's legit or eventually it will break my system...

I could use XP daily without problem, this was the first OS that i start using..

I did the upgrade 'cause MS said that XP will become vulnerable to virus, so it scared me forcing me to upgrade.

have no argument.

There, finished your sentence for you.

Wrong. If you have updates optional, and have not upgraded the Windows Update to a certain update, you are not forced to install the win10 and GWX crap.

The syscalls are even worse now, also that's not even show the win32k graphics syscalls. The entire graphics stack in windows is mostly kernel-side.

XP classic clashes too much with their icon set as well as XP-era software, 2K was really the apex, everything fit so well, and looked so consistent, you had to be a retard to make an absolutely shitty looking Windows application.

Man I updated all the way and am never nagged to update to Windows 10.

Why would you install 2 copies of any Windows? Just theme a GNU/Linux distro with an XP theme.

Would you mind to elaborate what you mean by that?

I run a Win7 for my school laptop and I disabled updates completely in aug 2015 when we were already witnessing microshit faggotry. I never got any update notifications since then. I also uninstalled all the shitty updates for genuine advantage and how those shits are all called.

Does this mean I still got Spyware installed in Feb 2016 and Microshit is now watching me masturbate to chink cartoons? Seriously interested.

That XP feel, man...

It brings me back.

anyone else here refused to touch XP until SP3?

2k was just so fucking good, iirc the only reason I upgraded was because I was a gamer teen who wanted the latest directx.

Fixed.

How many new errors can you expect on a severely castrated system running a single application that hasn't been changed in five or ten years? Yeah, zero. Microsoft XP support team is two sweaty guys in India. XP is frozen, deal with it.

I was still using 2k when a loader/activator for vista eventually came out. Tried vista on my laptop, didn't have any problems so I just stuck with it.

I basically skipped XP entirely since it was more or less the same functionally, and the UI looked like it was designed by fisher-price.

pure sex

No. It's a separate theme, with a separate name and default WP.

And it was *only* available for Media Center Edition.

you could install royale easily on any version of xp back when I was still a winfag in middle school.

install gentoo, faggots.

CUM GUZZLE

Brave is top gay.

I think you people think about 'Embedded' theme. I was using that theme for quite some time on a normal XP pro.
Here are all those 'special' themes:
askvg.com/download-official-windows-xp-themes-no-uxtheme-patching-required/

Kinda. No DX10/11

No. You won't get a forced upgrade based on any of the available information unless Microsoft changes their tactics. Which is possible.

Windows XP would have been the best proprietary operating system hands down if only it was using the Windows NT 6.x kernel. A shame really.

Although apparently in the past DX10 has been hacked into Windows XP, so if someone were to make a full DX10/11 port project then I guess it could be called that regardless.

there's more to operating systems than videogames

I realize that, however what I was referring to was the divide between users of proprietary operating systems.
Windows XP is all you will ever need for non-games. However, since people who play games take up a lot of the proprietary operating system market, Windows 7 is also regarded as the second choice. Since DirectX seems like it will be losing the competitive edge with DX12, there is no reason to upgrade beyond the Windows NT 6.x version.
If Windows XP had games, then Windows 7 wouldn't even be considered a reasonable option by even normalfags.

Yeah it would, XP's filesystem was shit. Plus the UI is garbage.

It's better than that piece of shit Windows 7 UI.

thats a rosy way to look at it. i remember it quite differently

it was a step up from their previous OSes but i wouldn't use it today. i got an old PC for free that ran it somewhat recently, switched to a Linux distro and never looked back. you know why? because right now there is

probably more but you get the idea.

they do tend to linger in random offices but its mostly because their needs are very basic and they're too cheap to upgrade. probably changing now though with people leaving those Windows 10 updates on.

i'm glad i'm not a graphic designer or whatever you are, that sounds miserable
who is going to maintain the software after 2019? you do not have access to the source code.

whatevs brudda

Everyone who rails on 7s UI but loves XPs never used 7s UI for any serious amount of time.

Stop being a pleb someday and you'll realize why people didn't like 8s and why people move away from XPs.