I got to thinking about The Big Bang Theory and how it seems inconsistent with this scientific principle:

I got to thinking about The Big Bang Theory and how it seems inconsistent with this scientific principle:

>matter can't be created

Okay. So. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So why was there some nearly infinitely dense and enormously hot point in the universe long ago? If matter can't be created.. why does matter even exist?

This brings us to our next problem. Why in the hell would a nearly infinitely dense point in the universe explode? Scientists seem pretty damn confident (some anyways) that when too much matter is packed together that it creates a black hole which even light can't escape. What would cause this point to explode? I mean.. If ALL the matter in the universe were in one point.. How could it possibly ever separate from itself with all of the forces of gravity that ever exists in one little point? Seems.. Idk. Seems hard to believe.

My next thought is this: Let's run with the Big Bang as being the best scientific model. Why exactly in the last 13.7 billions years hasn't another Big Bang like occurrence happened? I mean.. Fuck. Apparently within the realm of possibilities of our universe is an enormously dense point just fucking exploding. And our universe has gone 13.7 billion years since the last time that happened.. So I mean, are we just kind of sitting ducks for another Big Bang explosion to absolutely obliterate everything in our universe?

This is kind of annoying me, tbh. Are there any better scientific models of the universe someone can succinctly explain? And does anybody have a good theory for where matter comes from? I'm not quite religious.. But.. There's simply no reason for matter to exist, at all. Seriously. Why should any amount of matter exist in the universe at any point ever? Why should the atoms that make up the chair that your ass is sitting on even exist. It's so bizarre. I know none of you have the right answer, but give my brain a good theory to latch on to so I can stop thinking about this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269314009381
m.phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sbsGYRArH_w
galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
youtube.com/watch?v=178raSqg33I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dude

plz hlp

the answer is God, user

It's too simple.. But I don't doubt some intelligence somewhere.

What is Godell's Incompleteness Theorem?

When you temper the Big Bang with the aforementioned theorem you come to the conclusion that the Big Bang is just the beginning of the matter based system we call existence, which itself, by necessity, derives from a system outside itself.

That's not even beginning on Thomas Aquinas's Cinque Viae.

You have a fuckton of neutral "nothing". No time, no space, no motion on any degree of axis, Nothing but potential.

Something fluctuates. Some people would call this god. The unmoved mover, that which is entirely action without potential.

Looking at higgs-boson field and shit these days, a fluctuation of that can cascade if there is nothing to disturb it, or some shit like that. Suddenly all of reality was switched to something. Entropy took effect, and the whole has been cooling down since then.

As usual things are named in flashy ways, it's not a big "bang", it's a rapid expansion. That which already was became all that there is.

That's how it is as I understand it.

Infinate fractal universe.

Neither beginning nor end.

Fractal torroid in shape.

10 dimensions.

We literally just had this thread, so I’ll repost what was posted there.

In his The Fundamental Question of Metaphysics, Martin Heidegger asks the primary question in philosophy, which is: Why do we have something rather than nothing at all? The question may seem abstract at first, but the essential issues Heidegger raises are ones that we all will wrestle with at some point. Why are we here and where has everything that we know come from?
It should first be pointed out that the atheist and the theist both believe in the eternal. As succinctly pointed out by the great theologian Jonathan Edwards, you must go back to something that is eternal because, as Edwards put it:

• Something exists
• You don’t get something from nothing
• Therefore, a necessary and eternal ‘something’ must exist

The atheist claims that the eternal ‘something’ is the natural universe; whereas the theist says an eternal Creator brought everything we know into existence. The question then becomes, which possibility is supported by the best evidence?
Scientists are unequivocal in their response that the Universe we know and live in is not eternal. Every intellectually honest drop of evidence points to the fact that the universe–at some point in the past–exploded out of nothing into what we know today.
Anything that has a beginning (such as our Universe) cannot be eternal and therefore must have a cause beyond and/or behind it. The Scottish skeptic David Hume admitted as much when he wrote, “I never asserted so absurd a proposition as that anything might arise without a cause.” This truth can be put into the following series of logical statements:

• Everything that begins to exist must have a cause
• The universe began to exist
• Therefore, the universe had a cause

Because there are only two, eternal ‘somethings’ that are possible–the universe and a Creator–and one of them has been ruled out by all the evidence we have, a reasonable conclusion is that an eternal Creator is the cause for why we have something rather than nothing at all. This line of argumentation is often called the cosmological argument for the existence of God.
However, critics have tried to attack this argument in two general, philosophical ways. The first has been through asking the question, “If everything needs a cause, then who caused God?” The British skeptic, Bertrand Russell (influenced by philosopher J. S. Mill), tried to argue against the cosmological argument in just such a fashion. However, both Russell and Mill commit two errors when they attempt to undo the cosmological argument. First, they commit the logical error of a category mistake–you cannot cause the uncaused or create the uncreated. Second, the cosmological argument does not say that everything needs a cause, but only those things that have a beginning. God, who has no beginning and is uncaused, needs no cause.
The second attack on the cosmological argument has come from atheistic scientists who have proposed other possible causes for our universe. The two main options put forth are the multiverse (multiple universes) hypothesis and the quantum mechanics theory that purports things can arise and come into existence without a cause.
However, both alternatives fail when studied closely. The Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem has scientifically proven that that even if our universe is just a tiny part of a so-called “multiverse” composed of many universes, the multiverse must have had an absolute beginning. In other words, it also requires a cause.
As for the quantum mechanics proposal, it is simply not true that things begin to exist from nothing in a quantum mechanics environment. Anything arising results from fluctuations in the quantum vacuum, which is not “nothing” by definition. Instead, it comes from energy that is locked in the vacuum, which is a sea of fluctuating energy governed by physical laws having a physical structure. No evidence suggests that things come into being from nothing in quantum mechanics.
Both the multiverse and quantum mechanics arguments are examples of what in philosophy is called “drowning the fish.” You can use all the water in the oceans in an attempt to drown the fish, but in the end, it will still be there affirming its existence and presence.
In the end, the cosmological argument for God stands intact. The reason we have something rather than nothing is because, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1). Rather than being defeated by modern science (as is the eternal universe claim), the opening line of the Bible is supported by science. Quantum chemist Henry F. Schaeffer says, “A Creator must exist. The Big Bang ripples and subsequent scientific findings are clearly pointing to an ex nihilo creation consistent with the first few verses of the book of Genesis.”

Dr. John Lennox sums up the overall matter of the cosmological argument well when he writes: “There are not many options–essentially just two. Either human intelligence ultimately owes its origin to mindless matter; or there is a Creator. It is strange that some people claim that it is their intelligence that leads them to prefer the first to the second.”
There is no debate among both atheists and theists that the Universe, the Earth, and life on earth displays design. The most vocal atheist alive today, Richard Dawkins, says: “Living objects… look designed, they look overwhelmingly as though they’re designed. Biology is the study of complicated things which give the impression of having been designed for a purpose.” Francis Crick, an atheist and co-discoverer of DNA, says, “Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.”
The theist responds that things look designed because they were in fact designed by a Creator. The teleological (from the Greek word telos which means end, aim, or purpose) argument for God contends that one way we can validate the existence of a Creator is through the marks of intelligence and design that the universe and humankind exhibit. The argument is stated in the following way:

• Behind every complex design is a designer
• The universe has a complex design
• Therefore, the universe has a designer

Who is right? Is everything simply the product of time + matter + chance or is there a transcendent Creator? Which way does the evidence lead?
Opponents of religion such as Dawkins and Crick may say things only appear designed, however even they cannot refute the presence of intelligent design that appears in life’s building blocks, which is DNA. DNA represents what is called “specified complexity,” meaning it contains a complex design that defies any rational attempt at explaining it other than by an intelligent source.
Atheist Richard Dawkins admits that the message found in just the cell nucleus of an amoeba is more than all thirty volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica, with the entire amoeba itself having as much information in its DNA as 1,000 complete sets of the Encyclopedia Britannica. The important thing to understand is that the makeup of these entities is not random, not just meaningless data, but instead is highly organized information.
Noted biophysicist Dean Kenyon states the conclusion on DNA plainly when he says: “If science is based on experience, then science tells us that the message encoded in DNA must have originated from an intelligent cause. What kind of intelligent agent was it? On its own, science cannot answer this question; it must leave it to religion and philosophy. But that should not prevent science from acknowledging evidences for an intelligent cause origin wherever they may exist.”

Is this thread that lame? It's Sunday night.. Nothing is happening anyways, lads.

What do Dawkins and Crick postulate as the source for the specified complexity and information found in DNA? Crick, speaking for Dawkins as well, says: “Given the weaknesses of all theories of terrestrial genesis, directed panspermia should still be considered a serious possibility.” Those unfamiliar with the term “directed panspermia” should understand that Crick and Dawkins say the best explanation for DNA is that aliens came to earth and planted it here.
It needs to be noted that even if Crick and Dawkins are correct and their argument granted, it only extends the issue to that supposed race of beings. Dawkins proposes space aliens for the reason we see intelligence here but he also says that the alien would have had to have evolved as well. The problem is if you cannot get the evolutionary process to solve the information process here on earth, why think it could happen elsewhere? Kicking the dilemma to outer space does not help at all. The truth is those who deny that an ultimate Creator is responsible for the intelligence and design reflected in life exhibit far more faith than those who affirm the teleological argument for God.
In fact, it was the argument from and to design that convinced what used to be atheism’s greatest philosopher and spokesman–Anthony Flew–to abandon his atheism and embrace the concept of a Creator. Stating his position on the matter, Flew simply said: “I think the origins of the laws of nature and of life and the Universe point clearly to an intelligent Source. The burden of proof is on those who argue to the contrary.”

/sci/ is ded
long live sci-hub.io

Sci-Hub was taken down, nigger.

I bet you believe string theory is better than loop quantum gravity. Fucking plebs.

Can’t bounce forever, nigger.

Plebius maximus

There's no such "principle".
Energy is what can't be created or destroyed, matter = condensed energy.

Im going to crowdsource a mission to send me into a black hole to see what happens.

See:
• Everything that begins to exist must have a cause
• The universe began to exist
• Therefore, the universe had a cause

This seems like a more logical explanation, yet still baffling since of course, the chain has to be started somewhere right?

Why?

Too bad Christfags get caught up in the minutia of their Jewish mythos to actually explore the esoteric concepts of Christianity deeper.

Pleb.

Infinity has no cause

Temporal beings have difficulty percieving infinity as the can only percieve parts of it.

Because my human brain can't comprehend something without cause and effect.

The finite is not infinite.
The Universe is finite.
Thus the Universe has a cause.

lol reported

The limiting factor is the human mind. The universe might always have existed.

I'm very glad I've not taken mushrooms because somehow thinking on that fills me with dread.

And what makes you believe the universe is finite?

Have you glipsed its edges and seen its form?

All scientific knowledge we have.

You're confusing infinite dimension with infinite duration. They're different metrics.

This doesn't require a cause.

See:

I mean.. Do you want to split hairs?

Nice play on words.

Evidence != knowledge.

Something that has always been makes just about as much sense as space kikes, but I guess something that came out of no where makes just about as much sense too.

It's worse for it to always have existed than to randomly have existed at some point?

I mean.. What difference does it make?

Show your evidence for an unending Universe, then.

If big bounce is true..

We.. Won't be shitposting and doing the exact same fucking think in our next life time.. for forever?

Fuckin' what??

This
So much dogma and pearl clutching has buried an interesting bunch of ideas an ideals. Usually the whole thing is burned down and restarted every few hundred years, the protestant reformation being the biggest, but now it's decayed as hell.
Esoteric hitlerism and esoteric christianity, combined, would be a very interesting philosophical base. Pragmatic societal responsibility, self discipline and honesty, knowing your place in the near and far.
Protomen album raging in my head now. Wish there was a more serious Holla Forums to bring this concept to.

I don't know where you pulled that from but it's patently false. Matter can be destroyed, by converting it to energy.

So we should assume that which is easier to conceptualize is true. Got it.

I don't know. I just find it terrifying.

Where did I say that I had evidence?

lol, enjoy your complete bullshit, then.

Effectively, over every dimension, everything in existence will repeat with infinate variation. Everything imaginable and unimaginable by fractal distributionism will or has come to pass.

I never said that, I just said that both possibilities seem equally impossible to me, and them being the only logical possibilities that one of them must be true.

I never claimed ultimate knowledge, unlike you.

I googled it. If matter turns into energy, and not the reverse, then eventually all that will be left in the universe is energy..

And then big bang..?

Why the variation?

Isn't it possible that it's the same thing every time? Or do you think the expansion is different every time?

No because it's not a one-way transformation. but when matter condenses out of energy, the energy hasn't been destroyed. When you destroy matter it's gone but more matter can be made from the energy that's left.

It's nit picking but I do think there's a difference matter is a name given by humans to a certain configuration of energy. When you destroy that configuration you've destroyed the matter.

Some anons have said that we live in a zero-sum universe so we're just nothing that got stretched out enough that it appears to be something.

Which is pretty fucking badass.

I've decided that the universe is arbitrary. The physical universe is the way it is because if it wasn't it'd be something different. Until such a time that it becomes different, we deal with what we have in front of us as best we can.

Go beyond nihilism and create something beautiful.

If you had exactly the same initial conditions and the universe is deterministic then yes, at some point we will be having this thread again.

Or is the notion that you can call it something too.. simple?

Retard. Those rules aply under normal non quantum contexts.

I'm glad I have control over your life..

Man.

If we have to do all this shit over again. That makes it all more precious in our decisions. Perhaps we don't have free will, but the illusion is that we do.

I need to stop shit posting and GTKRWN

You're right. But I'm not thinking God in the sand-kike sense.

The only thing I couldm with 100% certainty, attribute to God would be that. Assuming he has perfect knowledge of cause and effect, it would be the one thing he'd need to do - line up the dominoes and knock over the first one.
I also found out a little while ago how horrifying "God works in mysterious ways" really is. Take AIDS for example. HIV spreads rampantly through homosex, sex with homos, and degenerate acts (blood play/scat/drug use/etc), stays for life, and deteriorates your health leading to a slow and agonizing death by otherwise trivial diseases. All we know about mutations is summed up basically in "it's random chance". What if "random chance" is guided specifically by God and we are left to feel the effects of and deal with the resulting outcome?
Granted my theory operates on the same logic of "if we don't know how it works it's probably God" that lead to disease being mistaken for curses until germ theory was discovered. Then again, perhaps we figure out all the methods God uses to control the universe and start using them ourselves. We've already found the written code for physical traits (genes) and have developed a way to control and exploit it (genetic engineering). Now we're looking into quantum physics and seeing if we can influence the state of atoms outside of our physical reach. We have (theoretical, sure) means to terraform a planet and create new life (based on the life we already have) to populate it with. We could, today, play God and create a world with life in our own image. I've gone a bit off topic but what's to say God hasn't just done the same thing?

Umm.. And what are quantum contexts? And why would someone not knowing that mean they're retarded?

No.

Reported.

ok

Is he telling the truth or is he telling a lie?
It's the conspiracy guy!

Pretty easy to mix this up and say "well mass=matter so if mass can come and go then so can matter" but the net energy in the system remains the same. In much the same way that lifting something up causes it to gain gravitational potential energy resulting in the system not gaining or losing energy when the object gets dropped, massless particles can be considered to be "potential matter".

Hope that helps.

t. Layman making shit up.

Thanks for the lesson.

But that doesn't change that energy existed at some point for no particular reason and created mass. is that what you're getting at?

My understanding of Hawking's theory is that:
Mind you, it's been a decade or two since I read Hawking's book on the fourth dimension, and frankly I didn't read much of it. His pet theory being what "some scientists think" at the bottom of one page, and gospel truth at the top of the next, made me throw it away in disgust. (I wasn't very impressed by the first couple of pages being him bragging about his wealth and girlfriend either. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the guy's an Einstein-level fraud.)

Matter can be created and destroyed. In a fission reaction in a nuclear reactor, an atom (usually Uranium) is split into two smaller atoms. The sum of the mass of these smaller atoms is less than the weight of the original Uranium atom and energy is released during the process. The energy released is equal to the difference in mass multiplied by the square of the speed of light (E = mc^2).

In a fusion reaction, two very small atoms are joined together to create a larger third atom and either release or absorb Energy during the process depending on the two atoms in question. The sun fuses Hydrogen atoms into Helium which is how it creates energy.

The big bang theory changes every couple of years as new discoveries are made in particle physics. At the moment no-one knows.

Another problem is that, in the current model, matter had to travel faster than light in the early stages of the universe. This contradicts general relativity.

The big bang is a fact and was proven in the 90s with the discovery of cosmic background radiation. The first billion or so years of the universe, on the other hand, are still a mystery.

Also, we literally just had this thread a few days ago.

Has that been edited or is it the original?

The atoms being split does not destroy any matter. All of the original matter still exists it is just cut up into pieces.

Interesting read, thanks user. I've come to a sort of similar conclusion myself; cause and effect according to a Law, but everything is willed. As if an object aims to better fulfill a purpose and indeed must. Although this sort of analysis works best with human beings.

Sadly, that's a problem with Christianity and any "mainstream" of religion - it has a great and deep core, but isn't "meant" for everyone, yet it's exoteric side has spread wide. In part because not everyone is meant to have deeper (and therefore mystical) experiences in this life, just like not everyone is meant to be a carpenter, engineer or priest. For another, because this type of understanding takes a great deal of work and a lot of substance has been lost over time. The Vatican, several Eastern Orthodox and some Middle Eastern churches most likely have some practices or deeper understandings available, but good luck finding stuff like that.

Best thing I could recommend would be Boris Mouravieff's three part Gnosis series.

In a fission reaction in a nuclear reactor, matter is annihilated. The sum of the mass of the two smaller atoms is less than the mass of a Uranium atom.

This is a reduction of the mass. The mass is converted into energy and energy is matter.

saying there was always some god is no better than thinking there was always some matter.

neither are very comforting ideas. I'm betting on computer simulation.

A holon created by God's will. DNA is the blueprint of life left to us. The Old Ones are awakening. Next question.

No fears brah, take the shroom and experience the ineffable. Cero miedo.

But user, what about butfucking in general? Or simpler degenerate behavior like alcoholism, smoking and so on. These are things which are basically attacks or misuses of the body. The only difference is that AIDS kills you faster, but all of them make you weaker, more obsessed with a self-destructive pattern that eventually consumes your whole thinking, making you only want to do that or similar tier shit.

Here's another type of example, what about single mother households or households of violent parents that generally horrible and weak people. The type of people that get addictions or develop self-destructive modes of thinking, become anti-social and die off without leaving anything or anyone behind. Not in all cases, mind you, but there does seem to be a certain "self-corrective" mechanism involved in this: The bloodline was a failure and there was no way to salvage it, we need to get rid of it, so others can live.

We would be playing a fuckhuge gardener, not God. To play God, we would have to be the ones making the rules. We would be using all the laws we've discovered to use them to their fullest capacity to alter matter. It would be more precise and more dangerous than what we have done before, but effectively it's the same thing. And it would be our own ruin if we, the people using such tech, wouldn't evolve morally to know to not make that which would kill ourselves off.
This reality is a fuckhuge laboritory, every single organism is a miniature of that. Everything works according to that. As long as we're in a material world, we follow material laws*.

*Exceptions may apply with higher laws.

This is just a rule of thumb for ordinary calculations, not an absolute cosmic truth.

For example, the universe is expanding, and all space is thought to have a positive energy value, this is why the inflation of the universe is accelerating, more space is creating more inflation energy. Energy is interchangeable with matter, therefore, the dark energy expansion of the universe assumes that space-time, and the associated matter-energy, is generated out of itself, basically appearing from nowhere.

Stop getting your scientific knowledge from Talmudvision.

geneticist here.

once you look closely enough at DNA and genes you see it's such a clusterfuck it has to be a product of evolution.

Seriously, just look at the pathways and how everything is fucking cobbled together out of random shit. It's the ultimate tinkerer's machine. There was zero fucking engineering.

trips confirm

I went through this entire thread thinking it was about the TV show.

I need to get some sleep.

A computer simulations is definitely something that requires an intelligent designer, Mr. Trips. Who built the computer? Who coded the simulation? Did their universe always exist? Most importantly, do you think the simulation is fully free software distributed under the GNU General Public License?

Hol up now fam. If there is a steady stream of energy constantly being created then why does entropy constantly increase? The universe shouldn't be approaching an energy potential of zero when energy is being pumped into it at the rate of its own expansion.

Pretty sure edited

I don't care either way but thought you may find this interesting:

It was shown recently that replacing classical geodesics with quantal (Bohmian) trajectories gives rise to a quantum corrected Raychaudhuri equation (QRE). In this article we derive the second order Friedmann equations from the QRE, and show that this also contains a couple of quantum correction terms, the first of which can be interpreted as cosmological constant (and gives a correct estimate of its observed value), while the second as a radiation term in the early universe, which gets rid of the big-bang singularity and predicts an infinite age of our universe.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269314009381

linked from this article:

m.phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

That got my attention, but could you put the reasoning into the Queen's English?

when they put the new stuff they've learned into the old stuff it (according to them) you don't need much of the stuff people usually leave to the great unknown

there are 2 ways to look at this,

From the 1st law of Thermodynamics

From Lomonosov;

This shit feels like a well disguised creationtard thread.

POORLY CODED NINTENDO 64 EMULATOR

You are making the same mistake as OP. You are assuming that a local phenomenon is an absolute cosmic truth. It is simply not a proven fact that the absolute entropy of the universe will eventually reach some constant final value. We have a good grasp of what goes on locally, but we know almost nothing about the overall nature of the universe.

Mass can be created as long as energy is destroyed. Mass and energy are not constant like everyone seems to think they are, but mass-energy is, it's how fusion works.

And seeing how the iniverse started as infinitely hot, it had infinite energy.

Great thread OP

Pondering such things is what made Europe great.

Since we're talking about universes repeating and stuff, does that mean resurrection is a possibility? If the universe infinitely resets, would our lives just repeat over and over?

Is resurrection or life after death possible at all?

I think the cosmos is eternal and infinite and everything possible happens forever.
Which is kinda nice and horrifying at the same time.
I'm most likely wrong, though.

Reincarnation is my theory. Resurrection could be possible in some respects in regards to reincarnation, depending on circumstances.

Reincarnation as a philosophy has kept me going, and it inspires the Never Give Up saying better than anything else.

Why do drugs, if you've probably done them before.
Why give up, if you will only have to try again later, with possibly worse circumstances.

Reincarnation can also make you nihilistic, but that's more likely if you do not believe in enlightenment, and if you do not believe in enlightenment, you probably don't believe in reincarnation.

What is enlightenment to me? No idea really. Haven't reached that conclusion.

One question bothers me though, if the purpose of existence is complete and utter enlightenment, what happens after that point is reached unilaterally across all space and time, and no time.

Do we just fiddle our thumbs in infinite euphoria?

based heavenly trips confirms

If reincarnation and resurrection exists, how come only this life I'm living now is the one I remember and live through? Is it the first of many? Is it the most important?

I'm not denying the theory by any means. I want to believe this for the same reasons as yourself, as a drive to keep going and do well for myself.

But how come it feels like I've only loves this one life?

How could you possibly physically feel another life?
We are physical beings after all.

I've met a lot of people who harp on and on about past life experiences, memories so on and so forth. Maybe it's all make believe in their heads, I'm pretty sure most of it is.

But if some of it is authentic, I'm sure there's some scientific discoverable reason why some people can remember previous experiences and others cannot.

My guess is the state of mind of your previous lives, and your current one.

If you're lazy, never meditate, never philosophize, never debate, and just live life day to day in a lazy ignorant manner, you won't remember shit the next time around.

Given how lazy humanity is in general, that's probably why, if reincarnation is an accurate theory, that we go stumbling from one life to the next, oblivious to the pattern.

That is why I feel it is so important that humanity adopts reincarnation again as mainstream theory, if only to promote lazy self interested people into thinking they should improve the situation of everyone in order to secure a better next life.

I do not mean that in a communist or Marxist thought of forcing people to better the society.

For example, if I want to improve the future of humanity, personally, the best I can do is to do hard diligent work now, so that there isn't overburdening workload for the future.

When science catches up to philosophy, we'll find out either way, if that is even possible.

Inside (if it even makes sense) a singularity known laws of physics and even causality itself no longer apply. At least that's how the math shows.

There is nothing to indicate that the so-called CMB is, in fact, background.
It's not homogeneous, it's stringy. It's more likely to be emissions from interstellar conducting plasma, and as such, a cosmic microwave near-field.
Halton Arp blew redshift ranging out of the water, and that blows all so-called "proof" of the Big Bang theory.
We're back to square one on this shit, as far as we know the universe is steady-state.

Just because AIDS Bowtie Man and Black Carl Sagan make CGI woahdudeumentaries every few years doesn't make this shit real.

It's a very hard theory to understand and comprehend for an insignificant creature like me.

Enlightenment to me is knowing the truths, and standing confident to what you believe in. That's why I browse here, it's the only place that can flat out tell me the truth.

Doubt makes it a hard theory to believe is true, but I still believe it.

This is precisely why I don't even give a fuck about reincarnation. Now I live this life and this life only. All my previous lives and future lives don't matter in this. Except the Buddhist would say it is all linked.

And there's a chance you're right. Truth be told we don't know enough about the universe on its scale to truly know the answer butthe eternity of the universe seems plausible.

On one side the scientific hypotheses regarding "something and nothing" are educated guesses that try to apply the little imperfect knowledge we have with enlarged models of reality that are probably too local to be accurate. They don't know the answer and just present hypotheses, prone to destruction right from the get go.

On the other side we have theological hypotheses that are updated every time new knowledge is "found". Take the 3 post long wall of text in this thread, it's very interesting and well written and it will blow most people out of water in a conversation and will reinforce those who already believe but when analysed it commits many a fallacy (removal from the overall philosophical context being one, some jumps in logic, some assumptions, I'll point them out if I remember to after Iget home). These people are intelligent, don't think they know the answer but claim they do. They hypotheses have been, at their core, the same but everchanging

Well, we learned that through the nuclear process, matter cam be created or destroyed, by converting it to energy, or energy to matter.

I think one of the leading ideas of the big bang is that, through buzzwords a vast amount of energy was created (I think it's the "through supreme vacuum" type situation, where when you have a big enough lack of stuff in space forces/things spontaneously generate. I only know this from shit youtube and Jew tv, bit apparently there's something about two plates, amd if you move them slightly apart, the forces pulling back on them arnt what they should be, and there's a slight positive "out" pressure, because particles are popping into existence and pushing against the plate on the inside). With the big bang being part of a cyclical infinite universe, where because of the "big stretch" of our infinitely expanding universe, matter gets pulled so far apart over time, that the space inbetween gets so great, the universe as a collective is knocked down an energy level, and a huge amount of energy is suddenly filling that space (the underlying foam that condenses down to particles). That foam is super high energy, and super hot, and filling all space at once, starting from the very first single point of space where it began, to fill the vast cosmos, before it also starts to get stetched by the expanding universe ad infinum.

There's probably a lot of complicated maths, but because we can't make a mini universe in lab to test it, we won't really ever know. And more than anything, I'd like to stress that this is blurred morning think, and I could be, and probably am wrong on every point or thing I just said, it's just what I think is our understanding of the very start of our reality

Since I'm not the only person that believes in reincarnation, I'm gonna throw this out there.
If we keep reincarnating over and over, isn't it possible we're all the same consciousness?
Different people but the same consciousness at different times and inside different reincarnations.
So whoever I'm talking to, I'm talking to myself from a certain perspective.
Also makes me want to follow the golden rule.

There was no beginning. Waves have crest and troughs. The big bang was just the point at which we say, "this was the beginning" but it wasnt. Its an infinite cycle

All individuals are just expressions of the one "god". Everything is "god", or "brahman", or "buddha". Everything is opposites interacting. God is that which has no opposite

My theory is every person's reality will be your reality at some point. In a sense, yes, you are me and vice versa.

Perhaps this is why I feel sympathy for scum of the Earth when others point and laugh, and get upset for mass murders. It wasn't several lives that were ended, several realities. And possibily all of them will be yours.

bazinga

Even some Buddhists say not to dwell on the past or future at the expense of the present

You're ruining my RWDS vibe man.

youtube.com/watch?v=sbsGYRArH_w

I'll summarize as best I can but nothingness isn't really nothing but quantum bubbling of virtual particles coming in and out of existence.
Our universe is flat and also zero sum energy and this universe can come from "nothing" which is really the virtual particles popping in and out of existence.

this is what I think too, I think I read a story from a 4chan post long ago that basically said this, some guy dies and meets God and God tells him that everybody will one day experience the same reality, like he will be reborn as someone else and live their life until they die, and that will continue ad infinitum

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

this is it

Okay, assuming reincarnation is real we're all a broken down from a god. Now the fun part: if we're a broken down soul then how does this lesser soul affect us in comparison to ancient humans? Or is the god soul ever divisible but stays the same?

What is that first picture? I've been staring at this shit for like 5 minutes, it's fucking with my head.

If it's the God of the Bible, merely reading the Bible will help you understand the character of the Biblical God. Apply his characteristics to a human and you would get a schizophrenic warlord who enjoys seeing the struggling and suffering of mankind. Thankfully, the Jewish, Christian and Muslim God is not the True God. The True God has only moved once in more than a centillion years, that is when existance came into being. He is 100% emotionless, a blind artist who paints gorgeous vistas, and can not grow bored of perfection. All that is known of Him is His Creation, what we can see, feel, smell, taste and hear, and that which we can not see, feel, smell, taste and hear without technology.

That's Sumeria my good man.

>Scientists seem pretty damn confident (some anyways) that when too much matter is packed together that it creates a black hole which even light can't escape.

You realise that this is a thing that happens IN the universe not TO the universe

Isn't going to be an answer soon so maybe check that autism.

So, Aristotle's immobile motor?

I remember running into this story on complete accident many many years ago. I think about it a lot, to be honest.

It's fascinating to believe, and exciting that it's a legitimate possibility.

I suppose we'll know for sure when we die, hm?

The scale is just fucking daunting. I don't know how I feel about this.

Energy and matter are the same thing in different forms, you can't destroy either of them only alter their form.

Solomon in Ecclesiastes actually talks about this.

From what I can tell, it is a painting of when God is striking down the tower of Babel. Not Sumeria, same location, different era most likely. Babylonia.

The many snake sculptures made me think it was Sumeria

you know it's kind of difficult to come up with a framework that is outside of space-time when we exist in space-time.

Nobody knows that answer user.

You're assuming that Einstein's theory of relativity applies at all times which we know it doesn't. As we get to more and more extremes the theory falls apart and that's where you come in to figure it out.

Anyway, let's look at it like you would a nuclear bomb.

Nuclear material such as polonium, U-238, etc. is extremely dense thus it has a higher gravity, this gravity is known as the nuclear force and it is extremely strong. Very few if any particles will ever escape from an atom, sure electrons can be shared and bonded with other atoms, but they never truly escape the atoms gravitational pull, but you take something like U-238, an 'unstable' atom because it has too many electrons in its' outer shell, every so many years this atom will decay spitting out radioactive particles such as alpha, beta and gamma waves and x-rays.

This radiation contains a lot of power, enough to shoot an electron straight through your body and probably cause some serious damage.

Now you take this one atom and you multiply it by avogadros law to find out how many atoms you have in your nuclear bomb all throwing off atoms. It's going to be in the trillions, and the closer they're packed the more they throw off (closeness causes them to 'bump' into each other and causes them to become more energetic). If they get too close they'll cause a 'nuclear meltdown', it generally won't be an explosion but it will create tons of radiation and heat and all other forms of matter, this is the process of fusion, atoms decaying into a stable isotope or decaying into another atom. The closer they get the quicker the reaction.

Until you get to a point where the nuclei of the atoms themselves are reacting with one another, remember from chemistry this is the part of an atom that has mass so it's natural for them to be drawn to one another gravitationally even though they are repulsed by their positive charge. Under normal circumstances this would 'never' happen, but when enough energy is used to propel the two into one another it does (you've heard of the hadron collider right?). This can be done with any atom regardless of its' isotope or 'radioactivity'.

What am I trying to say here? Black holes are nuclear (fusion) bombs. They are dense areas that suck in matter, their gravitational force is based on how dense they are, but that does not mean that it cannot be overcome.

And just as air tanks can explode when filled too much, so too can black holes.

In fact we have record of it happening. Pic related.

Yep. As in pic related.

The greatest argument against philosophy is it can't disprove solipsism, something that even the typical plebeian can see is wrong. The greatest argument against science is it never truly knows what is actually happening or why.

Quantum theory is the only model we have that addresses all the facts of the universe we have observed and can be used to 'guesstimate' most questions we have about the universe.

So after staring at this wicked cocksucker for a solid 15 minutes I decided to just reverse image search it.

I think this is the first painting I have ever seen that I would consider 'art'. Look at some of this cocksuckers other work. I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack just looking at this shit.

Great post.

More context on your images?

The big bang theory is just an agnostic/atheist approach to Occum's Razor getting in the way of scientific progress. It is essentially a stop-gap to competing theories' infinite regression problems.

It's also a Pandora's Box of bullshit that conflates the two philosophical worlds of theism and science.

In a universe were everything we know/do is predicated on the simple assumption that cause precedes effect; a Divine Mover is the ultimate explaination for the cause of the of the big bang. Period. End of story.

This is why the big bang theory is a stupid theory.

lol, enjoy your bullshit, then.

Fluctuations in the quantum foam are STILL energy being moved around with a previously-existing state of energy in place. Your comprehension is lacking.

There was no beginning to the universe, all matter always existed.

There was no matter in the first second of the universe.

Why would matter/energy always exist?

What makes you claim this?

Make a thread brah.

weed

I don't get why God gets to be uncaused, but the universe doesn't. There's no functional difference at all. And there's no reason to follow that there be only one creator, and if you're willing to accept a creator who can create himself, why can't you accept a universe that creates itself? And why must the creator be a thoughtful, willful being? It could be any force.

It doesn't, the universe is consciousness-based.

It's the memes, user.

Matter does exist, but it's emergent from memes. Memes are the underlying neutral monism behind both matter and energy.

because the people who claim you can just sit down, think real hard and figure it out are full of shit. since humans exist within the confines of space-time, and our sense of reality is literally defined by it, conceptualizing anything beyond space-time is by definition, beyond our mental capabilities. the limitations of our own mind are the reason why even the smartest people will inevitably end up with these unresolvable, bullshit infinite loops and their equally forced, bullshit attempts at a solution such as the "uncaused cause" or "goddidit".

at least scientists admit that we've arrived at the limitations of our mind. this is why quantum physics is a thing, because no matter how counter-intuitive and fucking whack it sounds, it is objective reality. and no philosopher could've thought up quantum mechanics. it was observed in reality and physicists fucking dealt with it.

so if humanity is ever to figure out the origin of the universe (if there's even such a thing), the solution won't come from inside our minds. therefore you're free to disregard philosophers and theologists and other thinking men claiming they've got it right. they haven't, and they never will. only scientists have the slightest chance of getting there and it won't even happen in our lifetime, so just forget about it.

Silly mundane. Thanks for the loosh.

It's a theory, user. It's an educated guess but it's still just a guess.

Our descendants will probably eventually come up with an answer but not if our race gets bred out of existence first.

Matter can be created. It's energy that can't be created or destroyed.
We're not quite sure, our physics doesn't work when things get so small/hot/dense.
Because a point wouldn't be able to get to those obscene levels of heat and density without that point being the size of the entire universe, or else it would spread off/cool off to other places in the universe before it reached big bang levels.
Nothing has meaning.

How could the universe "begin" to exist? Time does not exist without the universe, so there was no before. There was no moment in time in which the universe did not exist.

Your argument is absurd as
•Everything on Earth has something north of it.
•The north pole is on Earth.
•Therefore, something is north of the north pole.

enjoy your narcissism and lack of progress, m8

This isn't really politics and if you believe any of the nonsense from big bang theory to string theory to god damn near anything coming from NASA lately, I have a multi-billion dollar instrument to sell you. Oh wait, I don't, only they have access to those instruments that they say prove their shit.

This is not a pro-flat earth comment. Please learn to realise when you are being bullshitted by experts making proof off of instruments that you will never ever have access to.

Grain of salt territory lately with all of the basic explanations of the universe that we get. Also reddit territory

That pic looks like a character from Moomin called Snuffkin. Is it?

Spacetime is a Minkowski Space, a 4-dimensional Euclidean manifold. I have a concept of a 5-dimensional Euclidean manifold, which is beyond space-time, yet remains finite. No God. Pure math.

"It seems to be one of the fundamental features of nature that fundamental physical laws are described in terms of a mathematical theory of great beauty and power, needing quite a high standard of mathematics for one to understand it. You may wonder: Why is nature constructed along these lines? One can only answer that our present knowledge seems to show that nature is so constructed. We simply have to accept it. One could perhaps describe the situation by saying that God is a mathematician of a very high order, and He used very advanced mathematics in constructing the universe. Our feeble attempts at mathematics enable us to understand a bit of the universe, and as we proceed to develop higher and higher mathematics we can hope to understand the universe better."

Paul Dirac

Nobody ever said that philosophy was confined to a passive act of empty and abstract speculation. Euclid learned from Eudoxus, a student of Plato.

Descartes pioneered our mathematical notation, without which science would be impossible. At the basis of his work was cogito ergo sum, and God.

sounds like great theoretical work. now try implementing it in reality and see what I mean.

if that's not putting the cart before the horse then I don't know what is.

And I have a concept of a cloud that shits. Doesn't mean it exists, or that it's a reasonable idea.

Good for you that you took a physics course and learned about special relativity.

Can we just agree on the principle of conservation of mass-energy

E=MC2

Your point?

We don't know yet how and why matter was born in the beginning. But we do know that the "Big Bang" happened, because we can observe all objects in the universe getting further from each other as time passes.

A million years from now Earth will be a longer distance away from the Sun and the same applies to everything in space.

This means that all matter originates from one single spot in the universe, where it was condensed and then began expanding outwards.

Big bounce theory always made more sense to me.

it was created by the people that are simulating their universe ad infinitum

the only things that exist are those that are observed

Matter can be destroyed when it comes into contact with antimatter. When matter comes into contact with antimatter, 100% of the energy is conserved because both the matter and antimatter are destroyed. The theory is that we can use antimatter as energy to propel ourselves through space/time travel.
youtube.com/watch?v=178raSqg33I

which is why torture is wrong, but extinguishing the jews utterly is the right thing to do.

The jews crave the sweet embrace of death due to their existential and religious nihilism. They would force it on everyone at the behest of their mind virus. Let us give them the solace of death, so both we and they will finally be free.

if you are trying to understand physics and your thought process doesn't include lots of math, you are doing it wrong.
stop thinking you understand the big bang because you've read some shit about it in a book or article meant for general consumption. do the math or shut the fuck up. this whole thread is full of retards.

I don't know that happens after death.

and i'm scared of it, Hell and the Eternal Oblivion are just equally scary

I don't know what happens after death.*

Fixed

Right now, at the bottom of the sea there is a lobster that can see more colours than we can.

Right now there are creeatures that have brain functions that we don', allowing them to perceive the world differently.

Right now, there are creatures whose brains, and no It's redundant to say are wired differently, because we do not understand this term.

No, their brains process completely different chemical procedures to ours, different hormones released to perform and control different bodily functions.

Things we don't have.

When we think of alien, we think too simply, To put it into a better perspective, this evidence suggests that if there ever was an ultimate life form, it would process only the highest of these chemicals and brain functions, and would have evolved in a state environment or place that allowed for a "total" adaption, in other words, it didn't just go through natural selection, and correct forms of breeding, but it would have surpassed any given form of matter and existential state that was thrown at it.

Given the constant scale of man's discovery into the world and universe even through it's limited perspective, it is clear that that which could encompass all of this vastness is, without a doubt, utterly incomprehensible, comparable to when a progrmamign lanaguage cannot read a line of code it isn't familiar with, it simply draws up a blank, sustitute, or it is graced through bizzare reactions that drive us to discomfort or danger, in the same way looking at the sun fucks your eyes up.

Whatever god is or any manner of higher being, It's best we don't know, because Lovecraft is probably right. in the idea that almost everything we've done ever could mean fuck all before alien life-forms that live breathe and die better than we ever could.

What's the point of knowledge if you can't store every file format it can be published in to understand? The core point of human interaction? We're objectively less than what we've built ourselves up to be, and ae more or less stuck in an ever-eternal pit of stagnation driven by depthless desire.

Has anyone ever wondered if the cocnept of sentience and intelligence to build, develop, create and communicate was supposed to be the cherry on top of the evolution cake that we were supposed to get once proper biological faculties were in placve by way of basic nature based surivival?

I have a feeling man woke up too early into the stars and sky, and we've basically become a dead end that can and will constantly overwwrite itself through destruction, or micenganation, a snake eating it's own tail or a bird eating it's own wings, an endless cycle of mindless existential cannibalism because our desire for order to cease aimless progress to allow for direction to be given to the progresss of our kind as a whole.

And this may have very well have happened if the concept of human prosperity had not occured, and we had not overbred.

Shit, now I get all those "Humans are overpopulated" villian dialouges, they're basically telling us that in small clusters we could spread like bacteria or viruses effectively, but togther we're essentially no different from a useless tumourous mass that won't achive anything, with those actually advocating for control or administration over the structures that support this "growth" effectively bringing us to the brink of collapse.

God, all races with high birth rates need to fucking die, can we please irradiate mecca and spread a plague in Poo-in-the-loo land?

Africa can be diverted to endless warefare via some solar panels, and the Chineese just need to outright be taken right back to the bloody warring factions periods so they can't ever focus on overbreeding their useless stock.

If you wanna refute a theoretical theory please show the maths that refute that theory.
Stop using discovery channel-tier physics to try to refute a theory.

Babbys first philosophy

reeeeeeee
Fucking highschoolers

Even the Twilight writer used better prose

I don't understand the theory completely either, to me I just believe it the same as Adam & Eve. Where some magic happened and boom we have explosion.
SCIENCE

Let this be a reminder that an attempt at learning and postulating, no matter how tongue-tied, is infinitely superior to your pathetic, smug loquacity.

Any idiot can wear a black hat user. It's stupidly easy, it's easier than writing a bunch of gibberish even.

He's got a point though dude, you're really high aren't you? I like the concept, but if there's no real objective measuring stick as you postulate then the Lovecraftian "scale" on which these beings exist is another irrelevant thing.

Sure, they're too "big" to consider or even understand us, but at the same time our world is too "small" for them to finely manipulate.

Look at biology; although it's a poor comparison there's no reason why a comparatively massive creature is any more well off than a small one.

Take that and apply it to perspective, what is the will of Man but to find God? What is the will of God but to find or make Men? You've fallen into the trap of considering yourself impotent simply because math dictates there's something not even "better," but simply "different" from yourself.

Wrong.

Sci-Hub.bz - Sci-Hub.cc

slide? wtf is this thread doing here

Good thread, OP, I'd like to see more of this on Holla Forums.

One of the most degenerate shows on television. A bunch of unfunny Jews with a Jew dating the typical "dumb blond" shiksa. Also it was produced by kike Chuck Lorre.

Die in fire Jew.

Praying for you, user.

zimbabwe

That stuff is from late 1700s. Way before general relativity, and before quantum mechanics and derived branches.

Annihilation. You also have the inverse of it where a free quark will pull other quarks out of vacuum and hadronize. Also happens with atoms creating electron-positron pairs by pulling them out of vacuum.

Even if you do consider mass energy equivalence. E=mc^2. Which if you do bother solving, one kilogram of matter is equal to 9*10^16 joules. Photons (force carriers of the electromagnetic force) lose energy over long distances.

Basically, that theory is garbage and from a time when mortar and pestle was the best accelerator you could get.

You don't understand the theory
The energy was already there, it simply exploded.

was that energy god?

What are you sliding?