So, is this a flop or not?

So, is this a flop or not?

The previous movie made 2 billion.

Are you retarded? It made over 300 million in the US alone within two weeks.
It made over 600 million within two weeks.

No, it's not a flop. Thanks for another pointless rogue one thread you nimcompoop

There are movies that can flop if they are under 1 billion and I'm wonder if this is one of them.

BVS was considered a failure and it made 800 mil.

I wouldn't call it a flop and compared to TFA it doesn't deserve to be a flop to be honest, but with a production budget of 200 million, i would guess Disney will consider 600 million gross a disapointment.
I don't know how much went into marketing but i also don't know how much they are going to make with merch which is always a big cashmaker with SW so there's that to consider.

Nah, it's a success. It'll slow down and stop within a couple hundred million of a billion at most. I doubt that Disney expected it to be as big of a hit as Episode VII. Episode VII is a continuation of a movie that came out over 30 years prior with the original cast. Rogue One is a prequel to A New Hope, a concluded story, and serves as fodder for the fans so the greater franchise remains relevant. There were also no famous actors outside Forest Whitaker and maybe Mads Mikkelsen, both of whom had small roles.

This. Even for not being one of the main films, sure it will not be as profitable than what Disney would like.

Holla Forums shits on rogue one and force awakens but don't be a complete retard or be this deluded about the films' financial success

This is how Disney makes there money…

What he mean by this?

Name one faggot.

Including marketing and theater cut they are making a few hundred million dollars in profit. That is far less than they likely want.

i actually thought the movie was pretty bad, barely got half way before i lost interest

Rogue One isn't even one of the official episodes. It's a side story in the SW universe.

Anyone who expected it to match TFA's success is a fucking idiot.

It had roughly the same budget and advertisement.

A balloon either immediately pops or slowly deflates.
Star Wars is the latter.

TFA had a 50% bigger Budget.
Though to be fair almost 100% bigger gross.

TFA was the most hyped movie of the decade century even, it was going to gross a ton regardless, Rouge One is just another Star Wars movie, nowhere near the hype as TFA did. Episode 8 ought to be compared to TFA when that releases.

It depends greatly on your point of view.

TFA was 240 mil and this was 200 mil.

Source? I only quickly glanced at the-numbers.com and they state it's $306,000,000.
Where's your number from?