"What gods do you pray to?"

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I never prayed to Kek before until Trump's election.

Despite, you know, invoking His name all the time.

Kek,

Either he lied to the chink about actually ever praying or he lied to his god in hopes of getting bonus doom for being a first time customer. Both are plausible.

In some religions you don't pray at all, in others it is rare.

the only true god is Allah

Conan was a lapsed cromholic, vaguely believing in Crom's tenets but never actively joining the public cult and festive celebrations.

And that was the reason he got shit done.

Yeah. Conan was a great example of productivity.

this tbh
smh at the infidels itt tbh famullah

That's actually canon in the stories. He thought Cimmeria, Cimmerians and Crom sucked and went out to become a renowned adventurer and leader of men.

"Pray" is used in the same context as "Follow" in Conan. He doesn't talk to Crom, because Crom doesn't care, but he follows the tenets.

He's just being an average Christian.

Why didn't he just prayed to Jesus the one true god?

Prayer and worship is for the weak. Those with strength stick with invocation.

Doesn't hurt matters that Crom thought people praying to him for help were pussies who didn't deserve it.

Basically what said.

That was just a figure of speech.

I wish they at least made the 3rd movie.

They are making the conan film where he's old.

Crom laughs from his mountain at your Jesus.

Crom laughs from his mountain at your Allah.

where is the wizard who killed my muddaaaaaaaahhhhh

It is only in reading your post now that I find out that there is a second movie.

So Crom is the Blood God? Actually yeah that makes pretty good sense in context.

No, Crom doesn't give a shit about bloodshed either. He's the god of naturally atheistic people in a world with physical gods. I can't remember if it was ever explained in the short stories why the Cimmerians insisted about keeping Crom as their god when beyond their borders all sorts of deities did stuff and even helped out their worshippers.

I never understood this. Like if they were apatheist and just didn't care I can get. But they don't believe in gods even though they exist. That doesn't make sense.

Atheist was wrong word, obviously they believe Crom exists and Conan sees proof of other gods and acts himself as the miracle of the Jesus expy a few times.

Allah is the god of penis envy. That's the reason he's so pissed off all the time and asking his followers to kill in his name because white mortals are more well hung than he is.

Because Jesus hadn't been born yet.

The worship of Crom would have more in common with deism and Gnosticism with a little splash of Odinism or Asatru to it.

Crom prefers not to interfere in the lives of those who follow him. He holds valor, courage, tenacity and strength above all else. He wants his followers to be strong and self-reliant, hence the reason the Cimmerians seldom pray to him. His sole gift to men is to bestow them at birth with the courage to survive, persevere, and vanquish adversity. The only sacrifices he requires are the blood and sweat of oneself through the struggle of life.

That comic was pretty cool for a crossover, which usually are awful.

I concur!

In a world where the existence of gods is proven and common knowledge you should usually take "atheist" to mean "doesn't worship any gods".

sounds pretty retarded. if a god values certain character traits he ought to help people who display those traits. to not get involved implies hes a useless lazy diety

It's a catch 22. Why help when they don't need help? If they need help, they're not worthy of your time because they're weak.

It's obvious if you've watched Conan that despite being strong, self-reliant, and having courage that Conan could use some help once in a while. So he does need help and so do other worshippers who exhibit the same character traits Crom finds valuable.

Notice he's simply reversing the question.
He simply says this to signify that he follows Crom. He could say "well,I dont actually pray to Crom but I uphold his tennants and follow his…etc" but that would be very autistic.

You'll note that Conan wasn't praying to live through that fight. All he wanted was to kill the fucker who ruined his life. He was well prepared to die fighting as long as that guy went with him.

I get the sense that's the only kind of prayer a deity like Crom would actually listen to.

more like conan the liar

Its like this. You realize right now there are nogunz fags on /k/? It's like saying "I love guns" then finally 10 years later one of them getting one.